Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

El Patron posted:

I'm still interested to see more of Pumphrey next season, he seemed to impress in camp but then had a few stinkers in pre season and everyone wrote him off. Even Blount was rotten in pre season. I'm excited to see what the wee man can do.

At this point, I think Pumphrey is less than 50% to make the team next year. Which is fine, seeing as they got Clement undrafted and he is producing above the 4th-round level at this point. But it's certainly worth bringing him to camp and seeing what happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

indigi posted:

you're nuts. right now I'd take Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Wilson, Ryan, Ben, and probably Rivers over Wentz without a second thought

Before the injury, I would have taken zero of those guys over Wentz. He was playing on a completely different level from anyone I've seen in the NFL to date.

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

axeil posted:

If more people of faith acted like Wentz I think they'd have a much better reputation among the younger generation.

Speaking as a non-faither, I know lots of people of faith who do act like that, but you don't hear from them much, because, well, that's the point.

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Bradham's deal is up this year, right? He has to be a priority.

euphronius posted:

Kendricks and the center will be gone too.

Kendricks is signed through at least next year, but he is getting a lot of money. He has played pretty well this season, but if the choice is between him and Bradham, you keep Bradham. Kelce has had a monster season and is not going anywhere.

Blount - gone (Ajayi is the lead back now)
Torrey Smith - gone (Hollins could get his spot)
Robinson - probably gone (Jones/Douglas)
Long - 50/50 (I'm sure they'll try to bring him back, but cap is tight)

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

A year ago, there was talk about moving Kelce because he was coming off a mediocre year and there were some obvious potential replacements in Seumalo, Wisniewski, and maybe Tyler Orlosky. Now? Wis is the starting LG, Orlosky is out of the NFL, and Seumaulo suuuuuuuuucks. They're not going to cut bait on a center who just had arguably his best year and made All-Pro when there's no replacement readily available.

If Peters is done, I'm not so sure the Eagles are looking for a replacement. They're light on draft picks and Vaitai really hasn't been a problem.

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

euphronius posted:

I think Howie has center down at the bottom of value of positions , that's all.

Center is probably the least valuable position on the OL in general, but Kelce is really good and has always been a coach's favorite because he's abnormally fast for his position. I'm sure Howie will continue to look for some 7th rounder or UDFA to eventually take over for Kelce, but not for 2018. He's getting at least another year.

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

NotWearingPants posted:

I disagree again. Draft picks have never been more important.

Wentz
Agholor
Ertz
Johnson
Kelce
Vaitai
Graham
Cox
Curry
Barnett
Hicks
Kendricks
Mills

Yeah I'd say draft picks were pretty important for the SB champs

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

89 posted:

Alshon
Jernigan
Darby
Ajayi
Brooks
Blount
Torrey
Bradham
Robinson
Long
Sproles

It goes both ways 🤷🏻‍♂️

Eagles are in the Super Bowl repeat window for the next 2 years AT WORST.

You keep Foles

Foles is gone after one year if he wants out. Which, honestly, he'd be crazy not to go and sign the biggest contract of his life to be a starting NFL QB.

It depends on how healthy Wentz is, how good they think Sudfield is, and how much you're getting back for Foles, but knowing what I know currently, I'd say a decent first-rounder is more than enough for Foles.

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

CyberPingu posted:

Jim Schwartz re-imagined the Wide 9.

9 linemen and 2 safeties.

Seriously, I think the Eagles' philosophy on defensive personnel is like this:

- Need two good DT's to stop the run and provide some pass rush
- Need four good (starting-caliber at least) DE's so you can rotate pass rushers and move them inside on passing downs
- Need one good LB who can cover TE's, the other LB needs to be there to keep 'em honest but can pretty much just be a random dude
- Need 6-7 DB's because it's a passing league and you're in the nickel or dime on every play

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Eli would be a decent backup for the Eagles if Foles is traded.

I don't think he's a good fit for the Eagles at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

And it's at the top of the loving page, of course. Not cool.

• Locked thread