Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Assuming Vaitai doesn't let Ginger Jesus get murdered this week, it might actually be a good year for Eagles football (he said, trying to make himself believe :smith:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

NotWearingPants posted:

I hope Pederson/Stoutland/Vaitai prove me wrong, but I don't expect Vaitai to become much better. I guess it's possible that the Eagles hit the lottery and were able to find a capable rookie offensive tackle in the fifth round, but it seems unlikely. It also seems suspicious that Vaitai was barely mentioned as anything other than a potential candidate for the practice squad before the surprise announcement that he would be starting. He didn't even dress for the first four games.

The guy was drafted as a project that could provide depth in the future and, if we got lucky and he improved a lot, maybe a starter someday. In all likelihood, that's what he still is. I think it was stupid to start him and it's stupid to stick with decision against the Vikings when the Redskins just completely embarrassed him.

I feel the same way. His performance last game was abysmal, it's been a long time since I've seen someone get manhandled like that on every single play. I understand that our backs are (sort of) against the wall, but keeping him in was a colossal mistake and this whole thing reeks of Chip kelly levels of "I made a mistake but I refuse to admit it" tbh. I respect not wanting to crush Vaitai's confidence by putting him and then immediately benching him again but the dude's gotta be honest with himself - everyone knows where he stands on the roster. In my opinion it's going to be far worse for him in the long run to be forced into a spot where he just can't perform at the level that's being asked of him than it would be to give him more time to develop. And that's to say nothing of how bad it is for the team, but then again it wouldn't be the NFCE if it didn't devolve into a total shitshow at some point.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

axeil posted:

Yes and I'm nervous as gently caress for it. This has "heart breaking loss" written all over it. For both teams.

Maybe we'll tie :laffo:

As long as we don't get totally manhandled I'll feel okay about it.

I think.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I got up to can some cranberry sauce at the half, when it still looked like we might not pull it out. Was he smug? I hope he was smug, and I hope he cried himself to sleep that night.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

It might just be rollercoaster fatigue, but honestly I'd kind of love to see Foles ball out again, I always really liked that dude.

Of course, if that could happen without Wentz exploding his knee, making Eagles fans everywhere lust for death, that'd be good too.

e: in my post-game delerium I made this lovely photoshop, which I feel accurately sums up my hopes for the coming weeks:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

triple cuck posted:

It's 100% a torn ACL because that's how Philadelphia sports works.

You're half right. It's 100% a torn ACL and also everyone's cars are getting repossessed or something. It's not Eagles football until the will to live has been completely squeezed out of you.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Ah yes, there's the bitter taste of broken dreams. I thought this season was missing something.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Gay Horney posted:

You do not have a chance. You know this. Nick foles is trash.

not emptyquoting this

Go Birds

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Nick found his footing (again) and I fully expect him to ball out of control forevermore.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

They used to be his favorite but he didn't know they were riddled with chlamydia

Armadillos used to be my favorite until my wife told me to stop picking them up because they can give you leprosy :smith:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

CyberPingu posted:

Only 9 banded armadillos carry leprosy :eng101:

Those are the kind we have where I live :negative:

I stopped picking them up and I'm through the low end of the incubation period, so if I don't have symptoms in the next 15 years I'll be fine!

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

This is beautiful in so many ways lol

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

delfin posted:

Don't go to Geno's Steaks. Most mom-and-pop pizza joints have better cheesesteaks.

"I just gave that guy good advice" you think, right before you watch him walk into Pat's instead. :smithicide:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

"The Gang goes to the Super Bowl"

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

gently caress the Patriots. gently caress Tom Brady. For the next two weeks only: Go Birds.

You've warmed my cold black heart, modfriend.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

And here I thought you cheered for one of the countless Florida teams.

Nah, I'm a transplant down here anyway. Besides, none of those guys have the specific blend of self-loathing, alcoholism, and completely unfounded confidence it takes to be involved in our subforum.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

The Dave posted:

I really don't understand this take. The Eagles are a division rival and the easiest poo poo talk on them is always "no rings". The Pats on the other hand gave the Giants two SB wins and if they win, it pisses off Steelers fans.

Counterpoint: it would be to everyone's benefit if folks had to learn a more creative insult. Also, gently caress the Pats.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Ty1990 posted:

Birds. Outright.

Not emptyquoting.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I am glad you are here with me. Here at the end of all things.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Oh my God that avatar

terrifying, right? I stole it from some cool rotoscoped thing a guy with way more talent than me did on reddit.

https://streamable.com/filea

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Underdog hype

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

My neighbors just came over to check and see if everything is okay because I won't stop screaming.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

euphronius posted:

Always believed in Nick and the eagles

Never a doubt

Same. I picked up my Nick Foles shirt on $3 clearance at the airport two days after we traded him for Bradford. Wear it every game, and I'm so loving happy he got the chance he deserved.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Kirios posted:

You do realize you can never get rid of that jersey, right?

That's Super Bowl MVP Nick Foles' jersey thank you very much.

So, that shirt's getting pretty threadbare in places (It was just a cheap airport t-shirt even before I got it on clearance three years ago, and I wear it a lot), and I kept making promises about buying new shirts and jerseys if we won individual games (I think I owe the football gods like three Jake Elliott jerseys at this point). I think I'm gonna get some new Foles gear to wear around and keep this shirt somewhere safe so I can pull it out when I need it most.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I still can't believe last night happened. I don't have an emotional story of personal growth, but I love all of you NFCE jerks and I hope everyone finds happiness.

• Locked thread