Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
Make the NFL Ugh Division and give them all the SNF games.

Patriots
Steelers
Cowboys
Seahawks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
I'm hoping that the Cowboys make Tony the back-up for the Browns game and then Tony comes in after a play :getin:

I wouldn't mind a two quarterback system. It would be interesting to see in the NFL.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

NotWearingPants posted:

Buddy Ryan had Jaworski play 1st and 2nd downs and Randall Cunningham would come in for 3rd down.

I was 9 months old when this happened.

Flikken posted:

Watch the Cleveland Miami game from this year. Cleveland is dabbling with it.

I was in the end zone for the game. It was super entertaining. Also, I could see myself on ESPN for a split second when Cleveland shanked it wide left. I was sitting on the start of the end zone row.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
Right now, all four wild card teams come from either the AFCW or the NFCE. Maybe create a wild wild west thread to balance this one out?

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

shyduck posted:

he is extremely bad yes
17-4-1

And somehow two of those losses are to the Lions. :psyduck:

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

b-minus1 posted:

the cowboys play 11 out of 16 games in prime time.
the eagles play 6 out of 16 games in prime time.
the eagles play 6 out of 16 games in prime time.
the giants play 8 out of 16 games in prime time.

gently caress the nfc east.

The only better option for primetime than a good close game is a tie, which we've already gotten this year.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Metapod posted:

How about diversify the match ups a bit and allow people to see a more teams

I'd be happy with AFCW games getting flexed into primetime.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

a new study bible! posted:

Yeah, ideally the Cowboys run Dak all this season, they fall apart in the playoffs, Romo leaves, and then Dak gets exposed as being reliant on everyone around him to look decent.

Romo to Denver and he gets a ring.

Dak is going to leave the honey moon period eventually.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Cash Monet posted:

Cross posting from aftermath thread,

https://twitter.com/FredNBCLA/status/800730863197503489

Even the west coast doesn't want to watch west coast teams.

This is why we can't have non NFC East games on TV.

Cowboys Ravens started at 10 AM PST, which is insane for Sunday morning ratings.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
I'm waiting to build up hope for the Cowboys until week 15. If they win the next 3 games, I'm going to crown their rear end.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

axeil posted:

Help me nfc east goons which scenario is funnier:

1) Skins miss the playoffs because of their tie
2) Giants collapse down the stretch and miss the playoffs despite being 8-3
3) Cowboys collapse down the stretch and lose the division/miss the playoffs entirely somehow
4) Eagles win out but miss the playoffs because the Buccaneers win out too.

I am sure that one of these will happen but I'm not sure which is the funniest.

#4 PLUS the Cowboys lose to the Chiefs in the Super Bowl

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
The Cowboys would have to lose out to have any chance of not making the playoffs. They win the tiebreaker over a bunch of teams if they were to go 11-5.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
As soon as a team loses to the Cowboys, they're a bad team.

That said, let's see how the Cowboys do after the next two games. The Vikings and Giants are good teams right?

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
If the Cowboys win out, will they have beaten any good teams?

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

CyberPingu posted:

Where he breaks his back and the Raiders walk to a 45 - 3 victory

Or! Mark Sanchez quarterbacks another 1 loss team where everyone wonders "what could have been..."

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
My answer to that is "Romo's career would be entirely different if Martin Gramatica could throw a loving block."

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

TheChirurgeon posted:

investing in talent has never been Snyder's problem

No one ever said good talent either.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Actually Dallas has a really big flaw, their QB, WRs and RB are massively overrated.

If only Dallas had a quarterback that wasn't overrated to throw in there...

Edit:

P.S. FYI. The last time Romo had a quarterback rating less than <50 prior to 2015, it was 2009.

Lote fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Dec 12, 2016

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Iodised QQ posted:

Week 1, Giants win 20-19

"Dak was a rookie in his first start, the Giants are peepee doodoo, he'll crush them the second time around because the Cowboys have come into their own now"

Week 14, Giants win 10-7

:chanpop: :chanpop:
a

My only regret is that Dak has been exposed too early, giving the Cowboys a chance to remove the rookie from the best situation for a quarterback in the league and raises the possibility of going back to Romo before the desperation drive he would've come into when they were down by 17 in the 4th quarter of the divisional round to the Giants

What are you talking about? The Cowboys are going to ride Dak Prescot to a NFC Conference playoff / NFC championship game exit and trade Romo to the Broncos for a 2nd and a conditional.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Mind_Taker posted:

Imagine Trent Richardson running behind Dallas's line.

He'd still have like 1.5 YPC

Could the Cowboys OL create a hole so big that even Trent Richardson couldn't miss it?

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

TheChirurgeon posted:

listen man if there's one thing Eagles fans know how to do, it's evaluate QBs

You gotta know which ones you're going to run out of town on a rail.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

NotWearingPants posted:

The Eagles are going to beat the Cowboys, because why wouldn't they win a game that affects nothing but their draft position post round 1.

Also, they will win because the team that has their #1 pick is the Browns. The Browns are really innovative in their sadness manufacturing.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
I think everyone in the NFC East can unite behind one thing: Seahawks delenda est

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
Anyone diagnosing someone on the internet is not qualified to diagnose someone's mental health. Prove me wrong and you can get them in trouble

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Mr. Nice! posted:

Its nice when giants, eagles, and cowboys fans can come together and agree on something.

I was at a game at the Superdome where people were screaming "Fire Rob Ryan!" and I was cheering them on in a Cowboys jersey.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

shyduck posted:

Soooooo do the Cowboys have a secondary?

Anyone want Romo for half a secondary?

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
2010 was the year that people in Dallas were saying that Dallas should've traded Romo PLUS 1-2 firsts for RGIII to draft him. I wanted to strangle people.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

a new study bible! posted:

He'll have a lot of time to come up with clever instagram posts.

The podcast will just be a play by play breakdown of the A11 game footage of the Broncos and Texans offense and what audibles they should have done.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
So if Prescott gets injured in a game, can Romo un-retire at half time?

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

TheChirurgeon posted:

It wouldn't be great, but Dallas could recover. Losing Dak would be a much, much bigger deal. The team doesn't need a dominant run game nearly as much as it needs the ability to pass downfield. The offensive line helps Zeke and the run game more than it helps Prescott.

100% that Romo would unretire if this happened.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Toaster Beef posted:

Sorry for the double post, but:

Oh hey, I've got one of those. Way scarier than it sounds up to a certain point, but it also means you need to not exert yourself too much. So that's not ideal for a football player. Good news is it's a relatively simple repair that lasts a lifetime.

It sounds scary because it is. If that thing pops, you're dead in less than a minute.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
When Sean Payton gets fired, the Cowboys should snap fire Jason Garrett and get Payton.

Actually, just fire Jason Garrett.

He is a terrible coach. I had flashbacks of the 2011-2013 Cowboys of 8-8 mediocrity. It's not Dak Prescott's fault if your gameplan relies on Prescott making big plays after getting shithoused out of the gate. 82 yards in the first half is not something you can hang on Prescott's head that's all gameplanning. Defenses are figuring out the Cowboys OLine and unmasking terrible coaching. Tony Romo isn't behind center any more to bail out poo poo gameplans in the second half.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

I have no issue with doing what Garrett did, because you basically get a practice kick. The :psyduck: thing about this was that the kicker didn't know Garrett was doing it.

I'm reminded of the playcalling during the Cowboys @ Rams game in 2014. The Cowboys go down 21 points, due to awful playcalling, bad defense, and a fumble. Romo has a pick-6 on a play where the playcall had to be a pass to Dez Bryant because every single other WR was wide open. The first two playcalls in this series were two runs for no gain.

Demarco Murray had 24 touches that game for 100 yards. Not bad right? The only problem was that he had one 44 yard run and one 20 yard run. If you take out those two runs, he had 22 touches for 36 yards. In the 4th quarter of that game, this is what a drive looked like with the Cowboys down 4 in the 4th quarter:

quote:

(13:25) (Shotgun) 29-D.Murray right tackle to DAL 22 for 6 yards (55-J.Laurinaitis). PENALTY on DAL-82-J.Witten, Illegal Block Above the Waist, 10 yards, enforced at DAL 19.
1-17-DAL 9
(13:08) 29-D.Murray left tackle to DAL 10 for 1 yard (90-M.Brockers).
2-16-DAL 10

(12:26) (Shotgun) 9-T.Romo pass short middle to 88-D.Bryant to DAL 13 for 3 yards (23-R.McLeod).
3-13-DAL 13
(11:47) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 9-T.Romo scrambles up the middle to DAL 29 for 16 yards (20-L.Joyner).
1-10-DAL 29
(10:56) 29-D.Murray left end to DAL 30 for 1 yard (21-J.Jenkins, 93-E.Westbrooks).
2-9-DAL 30
(10:13) 29-D.Murray right tackle to DAL 25 for -5 yards (99-A.Donald).
3-14-DAL 25

(9:28) (Shotgun) 9-T.Romo pass deep middle to 83-T.Williams to DAL 45 for 20 yards (55-J.Laurinaitis).
1-10-DAL 45
(8:41) 29-D.Murray right end to DAL 47 for 2 yards (52-A.Ogletree).
2-8-DAL 47

(7:56) (Shotgun) 9-T.Romo pass incomplete deep right to 88-D.Bryant [99-A.Donald]. PENALTY on STL-21-J.Jenkins, Defensive Pass Interference, 33 yards, enforced at DAL 47 - No Play.
1-10-STL 20
(7:49) (Shotgun) 29-D.Murray up the middle to STL 17 for 3 yards (52-A.Ogletree).
2-7-STL 17

(7:07) (Shotgun) 9-T.Romo pass short right to 29-D.Murray to STL 12 for 5 yards (52-A.Ogletree).
3-2-STL 12
(6:21) (Shotgun) 9-T.Romo pass short middle to 83-T.Williams for 12 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

6 plays: net 2 yards plus a penalty

It's infuriating to watch.

Edit: they were down 4

Lote fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Sep 20, 2017

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

TheChirurgeon posted:

It's gonna happen. This year's team is built just like those 8-8 Romo teams and 2nd year Dak is even less prepared to deal with the pressure of playing heroball

Fire Jason Garrett

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

TheChirurgeon posted:

Yes, Callahan is a former head coach

I'm surprised it has taken this long for teams to pay to assemble all-star coaching staffs. Coaching is one of the areas you can get real value by just outspending other teams because there's no salary cap being applied to coaching salaries.

We'll see. The team's biggest problem on defense is a lack of depth and talent in the secondary but David Irving is coming back and if Hitchens and Lee can both play at 85%+ there's a real chance the Cowboys can do more than make it a close game.

On the other hand, they could be without both guys, lose another defender early on and spend all day jumping offsides as Rodgers puts up a 350-yard, 4-TD day

I liked the 2006 Cowboys coaching staff. Todd Haley at WR, Parcells at Head.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Eli's take is basically the shrug emoji in text form.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

CyberPingu posted:

Worked out better for Romo in the end, he now is a top tier announcer and doesnt have the risk of his back getting crumpled every week

Best of both worlds IMO. He gets to be an announcer while backing up Dak Prescott.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
Rename division name to NFC Easy

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Mr. Nice! posted:

I've been saying this for years. They haven't had a legit good defense since Wade's first year as HC and have coasted to the few successes they've had since then on the backs of hall of fame level offensive talents even if they only had one insane year in them individually. Romo made one or two subpar receivers a season look like world beaters, and there was a pretty strong rotating cast of decent to great running backs over the years.

All of this offensive talent squandered with garret's far too conservative gameday execution plus no defense to speak of for a decade is where the cowboys are at. Dak isn't RGIII 2.0, but the future seems a lot more like the years between aikman and romo than they do like a continuation of success.

So what you’re saying is Dak Prescott is the second coming of Quincy Carter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Shinjobi posted:

The Cowboys..........still have a chance.....

A chance at the playoffs or a chance to fire Jason Garrett?

That stupid Raiders win preserves Garret’s chances.

• Locked thread