Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I hope Eli Manning's loving head explodes on the field during pre-game warmups in front of his children and some of his brains gets on his children.

e: does he have kids? if not, then his wife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

look, I hate the Cowboys and the Redskins. who doesn't. but Kirk Cousins, despite beating the Eagles yesterday, isn't anything. certainly nothing to get upset about. let him enjoy his 15 minutes before he becomes a perennial journeyman backup, switching teams every other offseason. Tony Romo proved to be a fun punching bag to start his career, and even when we play the Cowboys now (assuming he's healthy) I can respect him for dragging that garbage team to relevance from 2008-2013 by himself, sacrificing his body in the process. while I wish them nothing but losses, there are players who are likeable on each team. I can enjoy watching a Dez Bryant highlight, or a DeAngelo Hall picking off Cutler four times in one game.

but. The Giants. Eli Manning is hot piss-marinated garbage that has also been sous-vided in piss. he's a legit average QB at best, but he's still got two superbowls and will walk into the hall of fame. despite him occasionally being a turnover machine or the fact that in 2007 he played like poo poo all the way through the playoffs, I cannot find any solace or balm in his foibles and failures. he is anathema, he is the enemy, and I will take joy in his demise. also everyone else who has ever been on the team is bad.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

you mean he prevented cool guys like Randy Moss and Chad Johnson from getting rings. even in his successes he was a failure.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

if Romo's fully healthy - an admittedly big if - and you want a shot at making the superbowl, yes, you absolutely turn to him. Dak's good for a rookie, but he's still just throwing one TD a game, and has plenty of development left to do. you've got him cheap for another four years, so there's no need to rush it. getting him another 4 or 5 games at the end of this year, when rookies coming from the NCAA tire out and start to regress anyway, seems pointless. best case scenario, they win a Wild Card game.

on the other hand, we've seen what Romo can do with that offense. in 2014 he wasn't just his typical very good-great self, he was a serious MVP candidate. and he showed flashes of that before he got injured at the beginning of last year. with Beasley popping off, Zeke running roughshod over the league, and Dez looking to come back, yeah, it's a no-brainer. however good Dak will be, there's no chance that this season he'll be anywhere near where we've seen Romo play. I mean, he isn't even the best rookie on his offense right now.

that said, I hope they stick with Dak, cause they'll miss the playoffs and it will be funny.

indigi fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Oct 19, 2016

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Aikman had one (1) season where he threw for more than 19 touchdowns

indigi fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Oct 22, 2016

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

davecrazy posted:

Yeah cause he gave the ball to Emmit Smith all the time.

yes, that's kind of the point. any decent starter could have done that.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Wentz is a bust

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

axeil posted:

Yes and I'm nervous as gently caress for it. This has "heart breaking loss" written all over it. For both teams.

Maybe we'll tie :laffo:

I don't think it'll be all that heartbreaking if we lose. they have a much better O-line than the Vikings so we won't be able to get nearly the same pressure, and Zeke could easily pop off for another 130 yard day. our D plays noticeably worse on the road, too. if Carson can't put together a solid day with no turnovers and a bunch of long drives, I don't think it'll even be close

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

you have the Packers over the Cards? the Packers are only like +15 in points vs the Cardinals' +50. the Cards have played a tougher schedule and have largely stomped on bad teams while the Packers' only convincing win was against a Hoyer-led Chicago at home.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Unless it's for a 6th, no thanks.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

CyberPingu posted:

Have you seen our wide receivers?

From what I remember of Smith when he was at Baltimore he was good at going for deep balls

he's an older Jordan Matthews with markedly worse hands. which is saying something.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

NotWearingPants posted:

How about Agholor straight up?

edit: If I had made this post three days ago I would have said Huff.

eh, I'd consider this but there's a chance Agholor can get his head right. young receivers can take 3 years to really turn into the type of WR they're going to be. plus he's cheaper and younger. honestly, going for Smith seems like a panic move and I wouldn't have expected something like that out of Howie unless it's a fire sale.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

NattyBo posted:

Im honestly flabbergasted that there are Redskins fans who still don't want to hold on to Cousins after this season. This fanbase is so broken and dumb. If we let him walk this team deserves every bad thing that happens to it.

you're gonna have to pay an awful lot of money to hold onto a barely above-average starter. if you aren't gonna be competing for a Superbowl next year, it might be better to let him walk in the long run

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Doltos posted:

The public perception in the NFL is ridiculous now. When the Redskins were 0-2 there was some intense doomsaying going on by media outlets and a lot of twitter reporters talking about how the entire locker room hates Cousins.

Winning is everything but it seems like just a few years ago the public would at least wait til a team was 0-5 before freaking out.

Cousins is a special situation I think - he's making 19 mil on a "prove it" type deal, he's been inconsistent in the past (even last season), he hasn't looked stellar against good defenses. him going 0-2 wasn't "just" 0-2, to a lot of people it was confirming their worst fears and let them know they'd be looking for a QB again. I understand why they were quick to freak.

and the start of this season/early last year colored my perception of him, too, so my "barely above-average" is probably unfair, Natty Bo. I only watched the one Redskins game so far this year and Kirk looked decent, but I'd still be a bit worried about giving him a long term, cap-killing deal

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

yeah but other teams have had garbage starts and nobody flipped absolute poo poo about it the way they did with Cousins. even in Buffalo, which had a very similar start to their season, you didn't hear nearly the same level of criticism for Taylor (although granted Rex is gonna absorb most of the hate on that team). Bortles still isn't catching that level of poo poo, and he's regressed terribly. Cousins has been teetering on the edge of fraud status since the end of 2014, and we're still not sure, so people are gonna pounce on any evidence they can.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Amy Pole Her posted:

I talked to a guy who was a senior when wentz was a junior and he said wentz was "Grossman-like" when it came to after the game

Sexy Wentzy? :allears:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

The Eagles are going to lose, and I'm ok with that.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

a new study bible! posted:

I'm not ready to make a prediction at this moment, but I would say that if Philly were at home they would win by at least 17 points.

zero chance. the Cowboys offense as currently constructed is perfect to attack the Eagles' weaknesses (running up the gut, quick passes ton expose our poor LB coverage) and their defense is decent enough to slow the Eagles waaaay down, even if they can't stop them outright. unless we're +2 turnovers I don't see a way we come out of there with a win. even then we could still easily lose if they keep us to field goals.

e: one thing I think is extremely obnoxious and stupid is how so many media outlets are saying "this could be the next Brady-Manning!!" like hey, how about you give them athe least half a season before tossing that around. nobody knows how they're going to look in December, let alone five years from now. I thought Wilson/Newton was supposed to be the next Brady/Manning, did we forget about that already?

indigi fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Oct 30, 2016

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

with that offensive line I really don't think our front four will be able to "do their job." if the LBs have to play close to help the run game, Beasley and Witten are gonna eat up the middle of the field. poo poo, they're probably gonna do that anyway.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

so we should listen to
  • The Right Time
  • Around the NFL
  • that's it, there's nothing else

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I hope he doesn't make a move out of desperation. I don't think Alshon Jeffrey would be the difference in a deep January run

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

a new study bible! posted:

I agree in the case of Alshon, but if you can get Marshall on a fair deal for this year and next then that would be worth it.

yeah I'd be happy to give up a 5th or 4th for him, considering we have an extra off the Sam Bradford trade. he'd be a great fit.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

yeah AFC West, kiss our rings, the ones owned and shared collectively by the entire NFC East :smug:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Cheap Trick souvenirs posted:

South Jersey burbs >>>>>>>>>>>>> Pennsylvania burbs for philly. Like, not even remotely close. Nicer people, roads, better shopping...Just avoid East Philly (Camden).

this is literally the first time in history that anyone has claimed southern New Jersey has better roads than anywhere.

Cheap Trick souvenirs posted:

Nobody eats litgle caesars rofl, if anything we have better pizza than you

haha, oh ok I get it now. you're trolling.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

for as often as they go downfield, they might as well practice hiding the ball in your jersey, or Carson pretending not to hear the call from the sideline

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

CyberPingu posted:

Pederson needs to find a balance between agressive and learning when to take the loving points.

It was the 2nd quarter...you are not down by 21...you take your points on offer.

tbh I'm fine if that's how he wants to handle fourth downs for the rest of his tenure in Philly. I didn't think any of the decisions to go for it was horrible, especially considering one of our FGs got blocked. once we have a better offense with reliable receivers I think, on balance, it'll be fine to go for it in that nether-region between super-long FG and short punt.

the problem I have is that his loving playcalls are absolute poo poo-garbage a lot of the time. I'm pretty sure he called no less than 5 designed runs for Carson. Doug, this isn't Alex Smith; he's not an option quarterback. And, AND AND AND, you don't have Jordan Matthews try to crack-block JPP you big dimwitted fuckman. I mean, Jesus Christ.

There seems to be little to no chemistry between Wentz and any of the WRs. Agholor needs to be cut yesterday. Treggs seems good. the secondary is a standing puddle of piss. Matthews is done. I like the idea of Smallwood as a Sproles replacement, but we still need a premiere no-joke number one back. lots of holes, but I'm optimistic about the future; I think that both Wentz and Pederson will iron out some of their rookie mistakes this year (Pederson as a playcaller, obv) and next year is the show and prove it year. if they don't show dramatic improvement on offense, I think you cut bait on Pederson

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Febreeze posted:

Put some fanduel money on it why dont ya

you can just straight up bet games on Fanduel now?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Doltos posted:

For real tho the 2007 Giants were better than the 2007 Pats

epic username/post combo

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I hope Dallas fucks around and starts Dak into the playoffs cause who doesn't love a devastating Cowboys postseason loss

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Oops

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

The Eagles are bad, and, Carson Wants is busting before our very eyes.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

89 posted:

Sounds like Howie isn't too high on the idea of using the first round pick on a receiver.

I'm fine with that

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

wow the Eagles loving suck and are idiots

e: assumed this had already been posted

https://twitter.com/NewsdaySports/status/839483606867263488

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

TheChirurgeon posted:

Reid is a phenomenal coach and talent evaluator.

Andy's a great game week coach, but is terrible on game day. clock management aside, he could rarely if ever make effective in-game adjustments on offense and for any comebacks relied exclusively on McNabb making plays. even the most memorable comebacks he coached in Philly it was always McNabb/Vick playing absolutely out of their minds (and even then they usually needed an ST score). it's why they never put a premium on WR, which he was and continues to be bad at evaluating

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

remember how McNabb got benched cause he was gonna set the Washington franchise record for passing yards. not saying his season was particularly impressive, but it's still funny

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

TheChirurgeon posted:

The reason the Eagles won the division in 2010 and didn't in 2009 is that the Cowboys were a much better team than the Eagles in 2009 and were garbage in 2010 thanks to some bad trades, drafts, and age finally catching up with them.

I remember those final two games in 09 too well. The Eagles line just could not slow down Dallas' pass rush, and in true Andy fashion he made absolutely zero adjustments to his gameplan to give McNabb more time. Didn't keep in a fullback, didn't have Celek chipping or staying in to block, didn't give him hot reads or quick dumpoffs.... just let him get creamed. it was brutal

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Carroll will have to do it for a while before I'd stick him over Reid. Reid's done the coach/GM thing with two teams now. Let's see Carroll build another championship-caliber team before

FuriousxGeorge posted:

I'd rather have had Coughlin and two rings.

yeah but you can substitute anyone with "and two rings" and it'd still be true. I'd rather have had Osama bin Laden and two rings. I'd rather have Richard Spencer and two rings.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

did the Eagles blow this pick? I haven't been following as closely this year and that dude's name isn't one of the ones I've heard bandied about

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

what the gently caress are those shoes (i.e. "what are thoooooooose")

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Wentz isn't very good. I think Bortles 2015 may be his ceiling.

• Locked thread