Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
granted we're only two games in but I haven't seen any real development at all yet. Still has garbage mechanics, still sails way too many short/intermediate passes, fumbles, makes bad decisions, etc. his ability to shrug off tacklers, extend plays, improvise, an ok-ish deep ball if his WRs have the space to adjust, and pick up yardage with his feet is good, but he showed us all of that last year. I'm just not seeing any actual progression of his skills yet, and idk if Pederson knows how to develop a QB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

axeil posted:

During the meeting where Bob McNair called his players prisoners Jeff Lurie said he supported the players' right to kneel for the anthem.

Lurie may be the best team owner in sports.

TheChirurgeon posted:

"best team owner in sports" is a pathetically low bar to clear with regard to social issues hth

Lurie regularly squabbles with the city over money owed to the public library system in return for that sweetheart stadium deal he got. he's a fucker who will get the bullet.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I'm still not totally sold on Wentz, his mechanics are still medium garbage, he's still not terribly accurate, his deep ball is still bad. I feel like he's a frankenstein of Bortles and Alex Smith

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

NotWearingPants posted:

Really? Like, really?

You probably need to focus more on the intangibles.

right now he looks like a thinking man's Eli Manning

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

NotWearingPants posted:

Eli is a future Hall of Famer. I'm not sure how you rectify "not totally sold on Wentz" with "a better version of a future Hall of Famer".

Eli Manning will be a Hall of Famer through no fault of his own

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

HatfulOfHollow posted:

This is a good troll.

I honestly don't know how you can watch the games and think "Wentz is the model of a consistent, accurate quarterback." yeah he can do absolute magic when plays break down but watching him throw from the pocket is like watching Bortles in 2014. those bad mechanics will catch up with you. he sometimes has a Tebow-like windup to his passes when he's feeling comfortable, and he still holds onto the ball too long.

I'm not saying these issues can't be fixed, but I thought his mechanics would look better coming into year 2 when they actually look worse, and if anything he's become even more erratic on passes outside the numbers. I really want him to work out cause he seems like a lovable doofus but idk if Pederson's got the chops (or the staff) to really sort him out the way a guy like Jim Harbaugh or Andy Reid would.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

NotWearingPants posted:

Why would you think that Andy Reid, a guy who played a few years of college football at offensive lineman, would be a better person to address mechanical issues than Doug Pederson and Frank Reich, who both played QB in the NFL?

because Reid has done it with multiple quarterbacks on various teams

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

oh my god I am ROCK hard, please Rog please please pleeeeeease do this

Asproigerosis posted:

eagles gonna be one and done divisional round loss to the saints m8

lol if you think the Eagles and Saints will play in the divisional round

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

HatfulOfHollow posted:

McNabb was the best QB in Eagles history and Reid had a lot to do with that. He definitely made a lot of bonehead decisions but I never understood the Reid haters. He was awesome. Just ran into a lot of better teams.

I will agree that Andy Reid challenges suck and the man has no idea how to call a hurry-up offense though.

did they, though? I don't think the 03 Panthers, the 02 Bucs, or the 08 Cardinals were "better," really. Especially given that the Eagles were favored in all of them iirc. I think Reid's staff (Jim Johnson in particular[RIP]) were great pre-game coaches who were kid of lovely in-game with very little ability to adjust, which will drat you against even average coaches who are more flexible. their "please McNabb bail us out" strategy wasn't any different than what Buddy Ryan got harangued for during his time in Philly.

Reid's definitely become a better coach in KC because he's stepped up his gameday performance. I can't tell you how many times I've watched the Chiefs over the last two years and thought "gently caress me, they still have 2-3 time outs" at the end of the half. plus he's shown a lot more flexibility with in-game playcalling when the scripted plays to open the game don't work out.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

shyduck posted:

They also had beaten the Bucs in the regular season,

same with the 03 Panthers and 08 Cards. I'm not saying any of them were bad teams, or that they weren't very good teams, in fact. but when you combine a regular season win + home playoff game I'm not really willing to say any of them were unambiguously "better" than the Eagles

e: remembered the 08 Cards game was away. but iirc we beat them like 45-17 in the regular season

indigi fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Nov 16, 2017

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Kirk Cousins sucks actually and I along with the Eagles' secondary hope he stays on the Redskins for another five years

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I wouldn't mind Cousins coming to back up Wentz if we can't land Tyrod Taylor

QBs I'd take over Cousins without even a moment's hesitation: Brady, Brees, Ryan, Wilson, Wentz, Ben, Rivers, Carr, Goff, Prescott, and Stafford. Probably Alex Smith and Mariota too. also Rogers and probably Deshaun Watson, but I left them off because they're on IR.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

man, I don't want the division to lose Manning and cousins in the same offseason. they're so good for our secondary's confidence

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

lol Washington is gonna be forced pay Cousins like 32 mill a year and it's gonna be great

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

*takes a deeb breathe* FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

sign Kap you stupid fuckers

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

just because I don't think Wentz is a top 8 qb yet doesn't mean I'm happy to be starting Nick Foles

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Play posted:

You are tripping so hard. Wentz was well into the top 5, obviously.

you're nuts. right now I'd take Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Wilson, Ryan, Ben, and probably Rivers over Wentz without a second thought

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Play posted:

Wentz not top 5 this season? Seriously? I'm not an Eagles fan whatsoever, but that guy was carving up defenses on a platter.

sorry but are we just tossing the KC, SF, and Seattle games out the window? because he didn't carve anything off those defenses, and his inability to make touch short throws actually hampered the offense pretty significantly

e:

El Patron posted:

I'd have Wentz over them all except maybe Wilson who has also had an MVP worthy year while carrying that team on his back and obviously Brady as well who until Monday night just past has looked great as well.

The rest of the names mentioned just baffle me and I can only assume those names have been mentioned based on what they have done in the past rather that what they're doing right now. I mean 2017's Big Ben over Wentz ? Are you making GBS threads me ? The guy has been up and down all season and looked terrible at times, luckily he has possibly the best tandem wr and rb to help him out and has improved over the past few weeks. Some of the other names as well are just nonsense.

you're baffled why someone would take Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, or Matt Ryan over Carson Wentz, yet I'm the one posting nonsense? lol get the gently caress out of here

indigi fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Dec 15, 2017

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Play posted:

Oh my, Wentz led his team to two losses over the course of almost an entire season. Obviously, he's poo poo. A good quarterback wins every game, EVERYONE knows that! - this retard

Meanwhile, Matt Ryan leads his team to five losses. You pretty clearly don't have much vision for the game of football, Wentz's play was fantastic this season. That's why people throughout the sport, people who do this for a living, are frustrated that they won't see him in the postseason. He played so well this year that losing him literally cheapens the entire rest of the season.

I never said he was poo poo you fuckin dingbat, I said I don't think he's a top tier QB yet. also, you're simpleton if you're using QB WINS as a statistic of any merit

LethalGeek posted:

I'm new here and all but I'm 99% sure you're just some bitter dummy because that's not what was said lol. On top of the fact you seem to be on your own stupid island in general.

sorry, but can you read

indigi posted:

Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Wilson, Ryan, Ben, and probably Rivers

El Patron posted:

except maybe Wilson ... and obviously Brady ... The rest of the names mentioned just baffle me

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

TheChirurgeon posted:

indigi I just don't think you have the pie-eyed optimism required to be an Eagles poster in this thread

I own a Carson Wentz jersey! I want him to be the best!!

Diqnol posted:

Can we all agree Wentz is the best nfce qb

I think we should wait until Davis Webb gets some game time before we say anything we can't take back

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

El Patron posted:

Wentz has outperformed them all this season,

nah. especially after how good Foles looked today.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

they should sign Kap and audition him against the Cowboys

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

^so, compares favorably with Carsom Wentz

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Yeah, but is he worth the baggage?

this team signed Michael Vick

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Asproigerosis posted:

Everyone should have resigned themselves to first game exit as soon as wentz was out

if they'd signed Kap immediately following the Rams game they'd be NFC favorites

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

if they signed Kap right now they'd still be better off than actually starting Foles next week. what a loving disaster. this is pretty damning of Howie as a GM

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Gay Horney posted:

You do not have a chance. You know this. Nick foles is trash.

agreed. shoulda signed Kap

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Sickening posted:

If garrett was fired today, who the gently caress would the cowboys even be able to hire?

better question: if Garrett was fired today, does he even get an interview for one of the open HC positions

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Eagles 28-24

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Mitchell & Ness is so overpriced that even with 50% off its still insanely overpriced

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Washington is still likely to get a 3rd round comp pick for Cousins walking, right? like granted it'll be a year later and a dozen or so spots lower but essentially they just moved down in the 3rd and traded a CB for an interim starter. I know we like to poo poo on Snyder but that doesn't seem like a terrible deal, tbh

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Malcolm Jenkins and Fletcher Cox are going to have to win us this game

e: also you people are nuts. Shady is a game breaker; Ajayi and Darby aren't. and that's not even mentioning the fact that the dropoff from Darby to Robinson isn't that huge anyway. they probably would have picked up Blount for the peanuts he's making even with Shady.

they were clearly looking to make a move at the deadline; odds are with Shady, Sproles, Blount, Clement, they would have gone secondary anyway

e2: look at it this way - if Shady's on the team, he's the odds on favorite Eagle to win Superbowl MVP. Ajayi is behind Foles tied with Ertz and Jeffrey and Darby is like 500/1

indigi fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Feb 2, 2018

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Three good players are always better than one awesome player as long as it's not QB.

it's not three good players vs one awesome player, it's three good players vs one awesome player, one good player, and a dice roll

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

should I get an Agholor jersey, this season was full of great stories but the turnaround that man made is to me the most impressive individual performance

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

take a 1 and just loving sign Kap Jesus Christ

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

is Bennett even any good, still? seems like a weird move for Seattle unless they're just going into rebuild mode, and even then they didn't get much in return

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

89 posted:

8.5 sacks and 24 QB hits last year makes him 10th in the NFL this past season and that's more numbers than any individual Eagle last year.

oh word, now I'm happy

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

You're both dumbasses and post like PFTcommenter without the irony

no, Chir is right. NWP is one of three posters on this entire site I have blocked because he's an unequivocal dumbshit with worthless opinions and no thoughts or insights into any topic subject to human discourse worth explicating

e: I've changed my mind. actually Chir is wrong for quoting him because I accidentally read some of his nonsense

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

should I do it?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

CyberPingu posted:

Eli is still a serviceable QB.

I hope they keep Eli for ten more years. love that guy

• Locked thread