Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
The Giants are the new Cardinals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Zoran posted:

The giants and eagles and Washington should all do this, agreed

The Cowboys should GTFO and we could re-align geographically with the Patriots.

edit: loving expansion team.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
For content, here is Jimmy Kempski's dumpster fire series, which is not looking very prophetic atm:

Cowboys: http://www.phillyvoice.com/10-reasons-cowboys-will-be-dumpster-fire-season-2016/
Redskins: http://www.phillyvoice.com/10-reasons-redskins-will-be-dumpster-fire-season-2016/
Eagles: http://www.phillyvoice.com/10-reasons-eagles-will-be-dumpster-fire-season-2016/
Giants: http://www.phillyvoice.com/10-reasons-giants-will-be-dumpster-fire-season-2016/

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

blue squares posted:

Is Washington's win streak going to continue? And what's been the driving factor? Seems like their defense is winning games, but they haven't beaten anyone impressive outside of the division. The Steelers, who have been stomped by the Eagles and the Dolphins, handled them easily.

It's hard to say. They completely owned the Eagles defense today, without Reed. But Kirk Cousins always looks great against the Eagles, and of course Jackson always turns into a try-hard for the day.

I doubt Washington's domination of the Eagles' rookie 5th round draft pick RT in his first start will be predictive of their play against other teams.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Lote posted:

I wouldn't mind a two quarterback system. It would be interesting to see in the NFL.

Buddy Ryan had Jaworski play 1st and 2nd downs and Randall Cunningham would come in for 3rd down.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

blue squares posted:

I don't think pointing to a team being above .500 at the time is a good argument. If they are no longer above .500, that just shows that the team was overrated and the win isn't as impressive

Considering that before this season Kirk Cousins had never beaten a team with a winning record, I would argue that it is impressive.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Beet Wagon posted:

Assuming Vaitai doesn't let Ginger Jesus get murdered this week, it might actually be a good year for Eagles football (he said, trying to make himself believe :smith:)

I hope Pederson/Stoutland/Vaitai prove me wrong, but I don't expect Vaitai to become much better. I guess it's possible that the Eagles hit the lottery and were able to find a capable rookie offensive tackle in the fifth round, but it seems unlikely. It also seems suspicious that Vaitai was barely mentioned as anything other than a potential candidate for the practice squad before the surprise announcement that he would be starting. He didn't even dress for the first four games.

The guy was drafted as a project that could provide depth in the future and, if we got lucky and he improved a lot, maybe a starter someday. In all likelihood, that's what he still is. I think it was stupid to start him and it's stupid to stick with decision against the Vikings when the Redskins just completely embarrassed him.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
The original plan was to move Barbre from LG to RT and move Wisniewski to LG. Wisniewski may not be great, but he started for 5 years for the Raiders and Jaguars. Same with Barbre. He may not be great but he's a 9 year vet who has started games.

They also have Matt Tobin who is a 4 year vet and has been occasionally taking snaps this year at TE in 3 tight end formations and on obvious running downs.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Halapoulivaati Vaitai's brothers are named Kevin and William.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Wentz' deep balls don't matter as Matthews and Aghalor can't catch em

Yeah, the WRs are the issue. Wentz is awesome at downfield throws, except for the INT against Pittsburgh.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

shyduck posted:

It's even more than that, some of it just seems like a general lack of football awareness. Agholor just seems like a hollow vessel out there. He shows flashes, but his game just seems very incomplete. For a 1st rounder in his 2nd year, it feels like he's behind.
Fixed, and this actually goes to my original point: that wasn't the best decision by Wentz, but that is a 50/50 ball that Agholor made a piss poor effort in trying to catch or break up. If you can't catch it, you can't let that ball be picked. Take a flag if you have to. Agholor just let him pick it clean, and that irked me more than the decision to throw it.

To play devil's advocate, Wentz needs to know the strengths and weaknesses of his receivers. Agholor is not a receiver one can trust to come down with a 50/50 ball. Sort like Jordan Matthews is a receiver who seems incapable of dragging his feet on catches near the sideline. I do realize I'm nitpicking the performance of a rookie QB here.

Unrelated question: If Dallas' offensive line is so good, then why is Romo always hurt?

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

axeil posted:

While we're on CousinsChat I think the Skins o-line and Cousins deserve big props for how they dealt with our pass rush. We had been eating QBs alive the first four weeks and they effectively used the running game and screens to completely negate that strength. I think they also were helped by playing with a lead all game so they didn't feel like every drive had to be a TD.

I mentioned Cousins' success vs the Eagles earlier. After this past week he is 3-1 vs. the Eagles with 10 TDs, 2 INT, 336 yards per game, and a rating of 101.3

wtf?

And for some reason he's been poo poo against the Giants' historically bad defenses.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Levitate posted:

Washington seems like an about average team that could trend to the good side of average if Cousins continues to improve his play.

That's why they were my preseason pick to win the division. They seemed average and I thought everyone else was poo poo.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Mr. Nice! posted:

Tony is the best QB the cowboys have ever had.

huh? Is Football Outsiders ranking Romo over Aikman and Staubach now?

Sorry if you are making a joke or something, but you seemed to state that without a hint of facetiousness.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Now that we've talked the Romo thing out we can go on to more interesting things...

Eagles DT/Athlete Beau Allen got his first start today and had a few tackles and a fumble recovery, on which he demonstrated his part-time fullback form:

He also tied his beautiful blonde locks in a pretty pink ribbon to support breast cancer awareness.

His seems like a pretty cool guy and a name to watch in the NFC East for years to come.

NotWearingPants fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Oct 24, 2016

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

blue squares posted:

Why did he not start sooner?

Bennie Logan is hurt. Honey Beau Beau is their #3 DT.

But Bennie Logan is a FA next year and may be difficult for the Eagles to sign, so this may be a glimpse of the future.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

indigi posted:

Unless it's for a 6th, no thanks.

How about Agholor straight up?

edit: If I had made this post three days ago I would have said Huff.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Mr. Nice! posted:

the NFCE is all above .500 and no other division is close.

We may see 3 NFCBeast team in the playoffs this year.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

NattyBo posted:

By The Numbers: Why It's Time To Pay Kirk Cousins

http://www.scout.com/nfl/redskins/story/1721709-why-it-s-time-to-pay-kirk-cousins

Finally. Hopefully the national perception starts to change. I think Kirk has gotten a pretty bad rap due to some struggles in primetime early in his career but the numbers don't lie.

His numbers certainly look great when you exclude his first 3 seasons, or 40% of the games he's played in the NFL. That's Sam Bradford math.

Maybe cut the sample size smaller and just take his games against the Eagles and he'll sound like Tom Brady.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Is there a place I will be able to get a cheap Huff jersey now? Or were Huff jerseys a custom job that aren't going to be sitting around in surplus anywhere?

Pretty hosed up the guy is going to probably go to jail for multiple years for crimes that would have only warranted a citation if he had been on the Philly side of the bridge.

And people in New Jersey wonder why their taxes are so high. Putting people in jail for stupid poo poo costs money dumbasses.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Cheap Trick souvenirs posted:

South Jersey burbs >>>>>>>>>>>>> Pennsylvania burbs for philly. Like, not even remotely close. Nicer people, roads, better shopping...Just avoid East Philly (Camden).

:fart:

Why isn't there a :fart: smiley?

The people are the same and the roads are poo poo.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Cheap Trick souvenirs posted:

Nobody eats litgle caesars rofl, if anything we have better pizza than you

There's this weird inferiority complex that people get when they move to New Jersey where they start claiming everything is the best thing ever. Best Pizza ever! Best Cheesesteaks ever! Best Hoagies ever! And it's kind of embarrassing because it's never true.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Yodzilla posted:

The NFC East teams not from Philadelphia need to start losing.

The Eagles are 0-2 against the division.

They are going to be 4-2 :smug:

I think they can beat the Giants anywhere, and home field advantage will be enough to make the difference in the rematches against the Redskins and Cowboys.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Fire everybody.

Iodised QQ posted:

3-3 is still a decent division record but it's quite difficult to attain after getting the three losses out of the way immediately

Perhaps unsurprisingly, I am not in the mood for bold predictions this evening.

From a tweet I saw re-tweeted:

quote:

Today will be the first Eagles-Giants game without either Andy Reid or Tom Coughlin on the sidelines since 1998.

that's a long time.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
The last place team in the NFC East is 4-1 outside the division.

The NFC East is the best division in football.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Yodzilla posted:

Cowboys continue the NFC East's dominant supremacy. Seriously the Steelers had no goddamn hope of stopping their offense.

mediocre.

The Eagles beat the Steelers by 30+.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Iodised QQ posted:

see, now this is a hot take that I can completely get behind

The Giants hold the tiebreaker over the Eagles so even if they lose on Monday night...

The last place team in the NFC East is 5-1 outside the division.

The NFC East is the best division in football.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Yodzilla posted:

I gotta say I'm pretty happy with Smallwood. That dude has done alright this season.

Yeah, I like the way he runs. He's like one cut and go. He looks like a cannon ball through the interior line.

I actually like Barner too. I think they can be a nice combo, with Smallwood more of the interior back and Barner the guy that can get outside and turn the corner.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

a new study bible! posted:

I suspect that Ezekiel Elliot is a bitch.

He looks like a chubby Mychal Kendricks.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
The top three teams in the NFL in point differential are two teams from the NFC East and the Patriots.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

TheChirurgeon posted:

You're wrong about almost everything most of the time and I think it's hilarious that you think the solution to the Eagles' problems is a 30 year-old Desean Jackson but you're right about this, at least

On one hand, I'd agree that DeSean Jackson isn't a franchise changer at this point. But on the other hand he would be an incredible upgrade over the Eagles current outside WRs.

He could come back and only do the numbers he's putting up in Washington and he'd pass Mike Quick for the #3 spot on the Eagles all-time receiving list. He's one of our best receivers of all time and noted idiot Chip Kelly got rid of him for nothing. I'd want him back for purely sentimental reasons even if he had nothing left.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

89 posted:

DeSean is definitely not the solution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEySY4hY6oM

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Lote posted:

And somehow two of those losses are to the Lions. :psyduck:

It's the dome. NFC East teams play football outside, not like the arena league NFC North

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
yeah, but it's warm there anyway

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

a new study bible! posted:

This is Trump's America. If you want more primetime games, maybe your market should be better.

:smug:

The NFC East represents 4 of the 8 largest metropolitan areas in the United States, including the largest. Give the people what they want.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Grittybeard posted:

Interesting, I see one good to excellent team and a whole bunch of mediocrity.

The Eagles are 5-1 outside of the NFC East and are 3rd in the league in point differential. I guess you have really high standards if that's mediocrity.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Metapod posted:

How about diversify the match ups a bit and allow people to see a more teams

But more people want to see their teams, and the NFC East has more people.

(especially when you consider that so many rural people that don't live near a team are Cowboys fans)

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

You have America's Team
America's biggest city's team
America's capital's team
and Philly yo!

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

big money big clit posted:

They are 5-4. More half of NFL teams have at least five wins. That sounds pretty mediocre.

And obviously most of those other teams with 5 wins didn't have to play NFC East opponents three times.

The NFC East is the best division in football. This is a simple concept and I'm not sure why you are having trouble keeping up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Maybe this graph will help:

The numbers look way off, or at least are not the way I would do it, but the proportions are probably roughly accurate.

• Locked thread