Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I have been getting a lot of rage disconnects lately from neutral blood players.

A3 is heaven.

(I have been spamming roach elf and the storm haven variant with Dark Jeanne)

Obviously i'm facing bad blood players but making them angry is something I can enjoy.

Valicious posted:

Should I head into Aegis Havencraft or Storm Havencraft? I have some of both. Storm seems good cause Aegis just keeps taking so drat long to win.
I'd lean storm especially because Aegis will need probably need to be retooled if the nerfs have any real effect on the metagame.

I think this is a pretty cheap build of storm that I've done pretty well with that you can budgetize further (more cudgels and put in some mainyus or grimnirs instead of the legendaries) or if you're willing to spend extra vials you can get some card improvements or switch out some cards into the neutral core with lion:

If I fully believed that haven was going to go untouched I'd definitely get a third snow white. I also like this variant over the lion variant because it's cheap and winning with Dark Jeanne feels fun.

trucutru posted:

Yeah, the game is complete poo poo right now. Wait a few days for the nerfs to see what kind of monstrous deck neutral blood was keeping in check.

I think most eyes are on dirt rune or some haven variant? Haven's impossible to decide on mulligans against already at the moment.

Also fake edit but I want tove and BKB and gone but on the other hand they're the only way blood even really stands a chance in T2.

(Also please take all the neutral support out of shadow for t2 I don't even want to pick shadow any more because I'm sick of getting caterpillars and siren's tears)

Zoness fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jul 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
DoD is mostly budget for tribunal though I agree, but the face damage has been relevant before so it's not -strictly- worse (I also skipped RoB entirely so I still need to go through and craft those)

The thing about running prism priestess is that you don't really want to run any 3-drop on 3 often, since you actually often want to scripture + 1 drop. or 2-drop + 1 -drop. I didn't think much of it at first but I saw some gamewith lists use it so I tried it out and it hasn't been all that bad :shrug:.

I flip flop on 2-3 tea times because sometimes they get stuck in my hand but it could be on the number of DoD's I run.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Jul 25, 2017

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I took Elf Twin forest for a spin (minus two copies of Bed and Breakfast because I don't have 3 yet) and it seemed the strength of the deck was having pre-boarded solutions to neutral blood so :shrug:

Bread and Butter is a really strong card though.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
dang i was hoping for aerin

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
This has been a good month for climbing, and not even with blood:

:toot:

now to aim for master I guess

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
So weird to sell 3 of a card that they're really likely to nerf

I wonder if they'll avoid nerfing baphomet even if he's probably the easiest nerf target.

LOL at the rest of the deck though. Probably indicative of what the problems with blood were, I suppose.

ninja edit:

WHAT THE gently caress (this is arena and I was attacking his third tove)

phew

Zoness fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jul 28, 2017

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
1 tribunal and 1 aegis means I'm definitely getting 2 to round out the cards I need

A shame I get an extra Jeanne though.

Although some aegis decks are only running 2 now? Maybe I'll just limit to one copy.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
elana's and epheral moon
:goonsay:

So after trouncing a few aggro decks and midrange shadow decks but running into a lot of slow decks primed to outrace aegis (seraph, polyphonic roar dragon), I've decided to go in on Dshift. I'm probably not remotely the first on saying this but Dshift feels like it's in a really good place now and I think the worst card in my deck is probably the one-of Merlin that I'm going to cut soon.

Been making a pretty steady climb with Dshift and now I wanna try the Oz-Caprice list. I tried the list with Swords but I think Destroyers are still the best overall.

This is the pretty cookie cutter Dshift list I've been running but I'm considering tweaking some numbers. Golem Assault and Fire Chain are cards I'm not too sure about but I actually kinda like Golem Assault since I can use it to pad spellboost count against other slow decks that aren't giving me cards to remove.

Maybe the enchanted blade package is a bit more powerful but I don't think I was playing it right so I didn't like it. For other tech I've also seen some jp lists run rite of exorcism to get rid of pesky 3-drops that kaleidoscopic glow won't hit.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Aug 4, 2017

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Awesome! posted:

please dont play dshift

dont be that guy

If people are playing ramp dragon, aegis, seraph, and nephthys, I'm going to shift.

Plus you get to play cool topdecks sequences like this one (not as cool as the Taiwan event one but gently caress the sword version of the deck) :

https://gfycat.com/LimpingFeminineGazelle

I needed a playable spell that cost 2 or less or I lost from that hand

Zoness fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Aug 4, 2017

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I don't like witch bolt because a lot of the time I don't event want to play it with the evolve, although I admittedly don't mulligan for Levi often enough in the first place, and usually when your hand is that full you're probably winning anyway. It's probably the same reason that people run rite of exorcism.

But it might shore up my aggro matchup.

Also after playing Aegis Haven (since I just needed one more copy of Aegis to build one variant after playing mostly Storm last month) I find that dshift is just more fun and I'm ok with a tougher aggro matchup.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Aug 4, 2017

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I went up to two blessings of light in my aegis list to deal with things like Mordecai, Dark Alice, and Hero of Antiquity :twisted:

Also I don't think people have fun being pecked to death by Garuda over 3 turns by Storm either maybe I'm just a bully.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Why would you not just play vengeance blood is the real question imo, you can drop all the garbage cards for good ones and just have a better deck.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

trucutru posted:

He runs Belph and blood moon, that's vengeance blood. An unorthodox version but it is vengeance blood. If he's having fun and winning at his current rank then it's a-ok.

Like, my ledger deck gets plenty of wins because people don't know what to expect and it is a lovely deck.

I mean I play a standard vengeance blood and I have never thought "man I really want a blood moon right now" :shrug:

Especially not when you could be playing more Disagreeable Demon.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Also devil of vengeance is really sweet you can spend your turn 3 spooking your opponent and bluffing belphegor and then just bkb their guy :haw:

I mean not that there's a reason to bluff belphegor. If you're afraid to curve Devil - Belphegor - Airjammer then you're a chicken (or you're bad at drawing diabolic drain)

But it's a moot point because carabosse blood is more fun anyway.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
If anything you play guardian sun which is mostly better but ehhh

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
This new sword deck is the worst thing ever though

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
It's been a good few days to roach:

:toot:

also if you ask me jabberwock is the best version of pdk - the non jabberwock versions are too passive unless you are saving space for forte/genesis after you board clear. PDK players who don't know how to turn the corner have been my easiest wins on my climb.

This is the list I'm running right now but I'm going to have to tweak it because it's too divided between trying to lucksack against aggro and trying to draw into ways to clear wards:

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
There is so much wrong with this picture:

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I've been having fun with storm haven but it feels really inconsistent on speed

But sometimes you get openers like this one:

(with a turn 3 birdsong topdeck)

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I've been playing an aggro forest list that just feels like daria in terms of speed and ability to build a board out of nowhere but with access to liza:

just picked it up earlier today and 3-0 in master with it, it feels a little less consistent than aggro blood but liza is so overpowered right now, especially against PDK, nep, and (lol) dshift.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

cheetah7071 posted:

I've played against that or decks like it and it seems really good. I'm not sure the Daria comparison is a good one (it seems to be 1-2 turns faster but without the powerful midgame) but I wouldn't be surprised if it's top tier right now.

I think of it like daria in the sense that you can build a huge board out of nowhere and you have really strong storm (although you're lacking a bit in reach)

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

trucutru posted:

But daria is not really famous for strong storm followers? And you cannot build a really strong board out of nowhere with your deck? (You need cards, evos for free fairies, and PP, unlike Daria).

Anyways, aggro forest is good and fun and destroys aggro sword if they are not paying attention.

Well it's not just storm followers but Daria can lethal for 5-9 pretty easily from an empty board and refills really quickly midgame.

Aggro forest doesn't just reset out of nowhere but if you play it carefully you can keep a hand stocked really easily just on rebounces.

Either way personally I'm a big fan of aggro blood over other lists right now. It has good redundancy like sword but trades sheer speed for much better reach.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
if anything atomy might be one of the better shadow decks at the moment

staircase and peacock helped a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I'm liking both shadow decks at the moment, I think I'd like elephant forest a bit more if I had the insect lords but the deck feels hella inconsistent on draw order.

• Locked thread