Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

edit: I forget what I was replying to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

That's great.

[GSW down by 8] Curry makes a shot!
[GSW down by 14] Durant with a dunk!
[GSW down by 18] Klay makes a big shot!
[GSW down by 20] Kahwi misses a shot!
[GSW down by 24] Iguodala makes a shot!
and so on.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

Tae posted:

Whatever happened to Noah Vonleh, he's like the only person I never hear of from the '14 draft

Who would have thought a non rim protecting midrange shooting PF would turn out to be useless.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

There are only three good PGs in the NBA who cares what the rest of the top ten looks like.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

The best PG isn't even a PG James Harden renders the position obsolete.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

Prozingus could not looked like less of a basketball player tonight.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

Despite or because of Westbrook's onslaught OKC has the 3rd worst offense in the league.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

EvanTH posted:

Zogoputer can you bring up the stats on roster continuity from one season to the next and how it seems to affect the performance of the best teams? thank you

The casual arrow points the other way: teams that perform well tend to stay together.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

thrilla in vanilla posted:

The only way that dunk could have been better is if West fell down. poo poo

Or if he was a better defender.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

Dejan Bimble posted:

I would love for bball breakdown or anyone to do a supercut of mudiay missed layups

https://gfycat.com/ImpassionedFancyIberianmidwifetoad#?speed=0.5

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

https://gfycat.com/EnergeticRedDiamondbackrattlesnake

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

morestuff posted:

It's been really weird watching Kemba play this year, basically every shot he takes is a good one

I know he's been making shots, but I don't know that his shots are particularly good choices. I haven't watched him much this season, however.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

Is Jerami Grant a secretly good defender I hadn't picked up on or was this obvious to everyone?

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

I know I'm the 90th person to say this, but what the gently caress happened to the nba.com site? I cannot find text recaps for games. What the hell is this bullshit?

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

WhyteRyce posted:

I assume all NBA GMs hate Ainge, given that he plays the media rumor game hard and appears to overvalue his assets

Ainge is very bad with his media leaks but it's no crime to try to get the most for the least in your trades.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

euphronius posted:

Was mudiay playing off guard last night ?

He was the 1, playing off the ball. Mostly. His teammates were going out of their way to not pass to him.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

nm

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

I made fun of a player mentioned somewhere in the previous 3 pages once and got myself into a heap of financial difficulty because of it. I'm still bitter and will occasionally ragepost something in the white hot heat of the moment before sanity prevails and I edit it out.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

The player had nothing to do with it and probably does not know I exist.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

Buddy Hield ranks 280 out of 299 in passes per touch. Some players with a higher pass rate: Nick Young, Zach LaVine, Jamal Crawford.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

I missed broadcaster catchphrase chat but my favorite was the onions baby guy.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

tanglewood1420 posted:

Timberwolves are a good bad team.

Grizzlies are a bad good team.

Which one is the Thunder?

A team you kinda like?

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

Unironic Ricky Davis love is the weirdest thing in the world to me.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

Nicholas posted:

https://stats.nba.com just got completely redesigned. It should become available to everyone in the next few minutes. Hope you all enjoy it.

Gets the official dokmo seal of approval. Good work.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

Anybody who watched the Portland game last night witnessed some historically terrible defense.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

Libertine posted:

How is Afflalo at 0 DWS? I thought defense was one of his main strengths as a player? Did he just stop giving a gently caress. He was a really solid defender a few years ago.

I guess I just remembered it wrong because looking at his numbers it doesn't appear that he is actually any good at defense, and also holy poo poo he's 31?

He has never been a good defender.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

Doltos posted:

I hope Hinkie's quest makes him realize that athletes and agents are people and not numbers on a spreadsheet.

Nobody thinks this. He just didn't think their feelings should have much of an effect on decision-making.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

Once I made a joke in Hinkie's presence and he laughed, just like he was a non-robot human.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

Jack's Flow posted:

This might be a stupid question, but why do superstar free agents always pass on Dallas? Dirk is a beloved dude, Carlisle is a great coach, and I would assume the training facilities are top notch.

Dan Fegan.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

The Rockets are going to win 50 games with a bottom 5 defense. I can't remember the last time that happened. I guess the closest was the 14-15 Raptors.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

Bashez posted:

Can anyone explain why the Spurs are the best defense in the league with Kawhi off the court but bad when he's on?

I can't make heads or tails of it, he looks way lazier than normal but like he's still playing well.

Because he's on the court when the opponents best player is on, and sits when some garbage backup is on the court.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

Intruder posted:

I think Bashez raises a good point in that regardless of Timmy it makes no sense the Spurs are better defensively with Kawhi on the bench

Kawhi has been on the bench for like only 200 minutes, most of it the garbagiest of minutes.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Celtics fans, what can the Raptors expect from Sully once he's back?

Fat slow post scorer who can shoot a little and rebound like nobody's business.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

Sheriff posted:

drat, it's crazy how many teams' futures were impacted by CP3's decision to leave New Orleans. The Lakers, the Clippers, the Pelicans themselves, the Rockets, the Raptors, and now apparently the Warriors too. Plus like a dozen other teams, but those are the ones who could be in very different places right now.

Not to mention all the teams that didn't even attempt to make a trade because they though that David Stern would unilaterally kill it.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

Your Buddy Hield shot selection update.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GfsEm63ZY0

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

Those were literally his last 17 dribble jumpers, I didn't cherry pick at all.

dokmo fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Dec 8, 2016

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

Ramadu posted:

37 points, 12 rebounds, and 6 assists

Westbrook sucks now. Can't even get a triple double 8 games in a row. I'm OFF the MVP train!!!!

His numbers during that streak. They are weird and not great.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

Paul Zuvella posted:

Can someone who is smarter than me at advanced metrics explain why Wiggins is so bad when his stats are at least ok by the eye test?

He shoots 3s well, he doesn't turn the ball over a ton. I understand he takes to many 2s a game, but they don't really seem like they should rate him THAT low.

e: eyeballing his stats, I'd guess he was a .09-.1 WS/48 player and he is .047.

His numbers are bad partially because he got the ball in low-efficiency situations (especially before this season). isolations and post ups are low efficiency plays, so even good players's numbers look bad. This season he is playing off the ball more, and his shooting numbers have naturally improved. He is still taking too many bad shots for him to put up good numbers.

If he played for my team I would threaten to bench him every time he dribbled more than once without moving the ball or driving. I don't know why he still has bad habits. I get the feeling his previous coaches allowed him to get away with this, but I can't imagine Thibs encouraging it.

dokmo fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Dec 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

Metapod posted:

Really you're going to nitpick 7 straight triple doubles

You bet what is this the dark ages? We have access to real data now no need to rely on medieval numerology anymore. His cherry picking number quest is killing their offense.

• Locked thread