Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

It's all a matter of perspective...
Grimey Drawer

straight up brolic posted:

We sound like we're NPR having a posting drive, but that's just because this is pretty much the least dead and dumb thread on these dead and dumb forums and I want it to last forever ever ever ever *echoes into eternity*

I want my SAS tote bag then...

My dumb predictions:
76ers will more than double their 2015-16 win total
Clips will beat GS (once) during the season, and make it to the conference finals
GS will score more than half of their points from 3
Portland finishes ahead of OKC in the west
Knicks will somehow get into the playoffs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

WhyteRyce posted:

All lurkers and new NBA fans should jump on the Kings bandwagon I got spots saved for you

I work in Davis so it's probably more likely I would end up at a kings game than selling a kidney to go to a GSW game over the next few years.

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Kyrie couldn't shake off a little broken kneecap in 2015. Total loving pussy.

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Spite posted:

There's no guard currently playing anywhere near as dirty as Stockton. Except maybe CP3.

Delly has the white dude hustle, but I think he's more reckless than anything else. Stockton knew exactly what he was doing with every elbow to your kidneys.

What are you talking about?! Delly is a straight up nut-puncher.

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
And he joked about it when the Warriors came 2 years ago, how happy to be with members of the best team ever (he meant Kerr as a former Bull)

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
2016 Finals: Bogut, Ballshots, and Blowouts

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
So are the Harden fanboys going to vote Harden-Leonard-Westbrook and the Westbrook fanboys going to vote Westbrook-Leonard-Harden, and Kawai's going to walk away with it because of all the 2nd place votes?

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Spacebump posted:

The Curry Warriors are the luckiest team when it comes to running into playoff teams with awful injury problems.

Unlike Portland? Last year was their chance.

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Whoever wins needs to hire Kareem and then just send him.

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I could definitely seeing Jazz/Warriors going 6 or 7 games. Not hard to imagine stealing game 1 with the long layoff and no Kerr on the sidelines to get them focused.

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

ex post facho posted:

i mean how much bad blood could there be between the warriors and the jazz, a little hometown dissing could livens things right up

Matt Barnes wants revenge for the 2007 playoffs apparently.

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Blind Pineapple posted:

It has probably happened more recently than I can remember, but it would feel super weird if we went through a full offseason with no coaching changes. Hoiberg is the only one that seems to be in any danger right now. All the bad teams are at various stages of a rebuild where a new coach wouldn't help anything, and (outside of the Bulls) it doesn't feel like any of the middling teams significantly underachieved to justify firing the coach.

You're forgetting about Kerr :(

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
If Harden's bullshit is legal, then Draymond's kicks should be a foul on Steven Adams' nuts.

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
My recollection of Ewing was that he'd get you the 25/12 a night but didn't often take over a game and carry a team the way Shaq or Hakeem could. Oakley/Mason/Ewing was a pretty badass frontcourt though.

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Kawhi is like that guy from Heroes who could steal everyone elses power, but now he's unstable after grabbing Harden's bullshit perimeter foul power and Steph's lovely ankles power.

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Rabid Snake posted:

Warriors playing the long con by having David Lee trip Kawhi on the bench. Two year con paying off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjMvQX9louo

Worked for Cleveland last year...

Hot take- Pop should have pulled Kawhi after the first time he went down.

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Mambold posted:

Honestly, was anyone expecting the Spurs to come out and dominate the 1st half like that?

Anyone?

Bueller?

Not me. So they had a great chance to steal one away and got jammed up. Now they're down 0-1 away. Bring on Game 2.

I didn't see a 20 pt lead but I thought the Spurs would be more ready and probably up double digits after the first quarter. Spurs have embarrassed the Dubs plenty, and its crazy to expect them to get blown out

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Shear Modulus posted:

strange how pop criticizes trump and then a couple hours later some russian goon injures the spurs' best player

David Leevanov

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
LOL a spurs fan is suing ZaZa because of a drop in ticket value. Don't mess with Texas!

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Imagine what she could do if there were Big Ballers for ladies

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I thought I saw somewhere that there were some weird alternate criteria besides exclusively making an All-NBA team? Am I remembering that wrong?

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Pretty insane Curry is already #5 in playoff 3's.

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
^^^ how big is that cat?

I was going off Zogo's stats above- Ray, Reggie, Manu, Lebron, Steph. But Steph's only had like what 12 full playoff series?

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

verbal enema posted:

So I'm just assuming all Golden State fans are asleep in bed peaceful dreams and us Cavs fans are going to bed with nightmares and very sweaty clammy sleep

I'm so loving nervous

I'm a dubs fan and I'm pretty nervous. I don't think the dubs will come in flat but you never know. And I hate that everyone is making the Cavs such huge dogs– as if the Cavs need any extra motivation.

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Bashez posted:

The worst fanbase is always going to be the team which recently got good.

Cleveland was an exception because they know who they are.

It's just funny to me that people are going to complain about Lebron flailing when he made no real contact. A lot of people flail, Draymond follows through.

Wait, is it controversial that Lebron was trying to draw contact by kicking his leg out? Like are people saying that didn't happen?

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Bashez posted:

GSW fans are trying to paint Lebron as a nut kicker like Draymond.

I'm a Warriors fan and I don't think Lebron is a serial nut-kicker. But that definitely looked like an incidental nut-kick while trying to draw a foul. Luckily Iguodala upgraded his balls to titanium after Delly punched him last finals.

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I think it's worth noting how motivated the Warriors are this year. I can't believe they'll play as well next year once they've gotten the ring and made up for last year's choking.

You can blame Lebron's cookies for breaking the NBA this season...

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Ghost Dog posted:

the celtics are the movers of the world, curry saw IT constantly carrying the ball and famously double dribbled to attempt to not look like a bitch while being guarded by lebron. in a few short years time dribbling will be the exception as we move ever closer to football with dunking

but we already have Lebron

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

The Utah Pelicans.

Utah Pelicans would actually be pretty appropriate (just the other species of pelican). I'd rather see sage-grouse or speed goats or something though.

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The Utah Three point Twos

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The team would probably lose immediately, but I'd love to see JaVale in 3 on 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Can't get transition points when the other team shoots 500% from 3 and o- rebounds the rest

• Locked thread