Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Speaking of Wilt, the Wilt Archive posted about 20 minutes of footage from the 1964 finals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USUgRNDkupA

He looks real good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

The Glumslinger posted:

Speaking of Wilt, the Wilt Archive posted about 20 minutes of footage from the 1964 finals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USUgRNDkupA

He looks real good

I hadn't finished this when I posted it, but you need to watch the sequence between 6:15-6:30

Scores off the glass then runs down the court blocks Bill Russell on the fast break

Also, at 7:35, a nice shot of Wilt shooting his freethrows underhand

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
It was a really horrible draft, and everyone was super sad for Toronto not being to draft Oden. KD wasn't really on the radar as top pick back then, he probably would have ended up a mid-lottery pick.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Strawberry Panda posted:

KD is going to choke in the Finals. I can feel it in my bones.

Last time he was in the finals, he averaged 30 a game on 55% FG and 40% from 3

So I'm gonna disagree

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Strawberry Panda posted:

That's what the numbers are saying. But what are your bones saying?

They say Warriors in 3

( I think the Warriors will win 6)

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Chris Paul ahead of Nash, Payton, Iverson, Stockton, and pistons Isiah Thomas?
A shitload of guys over Kareem?
Chris Bosh on the list?
KG over Kobe?
No Vince Carter?
Dwight Howard on the list?

I feel like this list loving sucks

EDIT: James Harden looks embarrassed that he was included on the list

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Jun 1, 2017

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Dejan Bimble posted:

Which Golden State or Cleveland Cavaliers player would you most enjoy having a beer with. The caveat is that their entire entourage has to be there too, so with Lebron you get 100 handlers and security guards.

Klay, because he would pull out a joint before we finished our first beer

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Bigass Moth posted:

hosed up that JR is the turtle instead of Jeb.

Agreed

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Tae posted:

It's kinda crazy still that Steph only managed 11 million annual but someone like Chandler Parsons and Noah easily got big money despite similar spotty injury histories. I should look up who his agent was at that time.

I mean, he signed back when the cap about about 40% lower, but the main he reason he signed for so cheaply was that he was coming off severe injury issues. The season before he signed the extension, he had only played 23 games (in the lockout shortened year, but he still missed well over 50% of the season with recurring ankle injuries).

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Still probably my favorite NBA incident ever

Although this is on the list too
http://deadspin.com/rockets-twitter-guy-fired-over-emoji-violence-1701052004

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Tae posted:

It makes me a little annoyed that this actually requires sources for the most obvious thing

https://lockoutmusical.bandcamp.com/track/sources-intro

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Eltoasto posted:

LaVar's meltdown if he gets passed over by the Lakers would be the best moment of the draft. It would almost be as good if they trade the pick and the small market Pacers select him.

Yes, please trade us Paul George for Lonzo Ball

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Tae posted:

This draft sounds awful

The big problem with this draft is there isn't a clear #2 player. Fultz would probably getting John Wall levels of hype had he gone to a good school.

The real problem with this draft is Harry Giles repeatedly tearing his ACLs. Had he never done so, he would almost certainly be the #1 pick, but his injuries have both slowed his development and also made a lot of teams super nervous. He might never have a knee issue again and be a 10X all-star, or his knees might be permanently hosed and he turns out to be the next Bynum/Oden.

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jun 4, 2017

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Michael Corleone posted:

This is the 'not about wins or losses' reason Lebron was talking about, gotta get high to forget the pain! Is CA medical only or full legal?

In between, full legal was passed but doesn't go into effect until 2018

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Mark did something wrong

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

No, but seriously, Popovich needs to challenge Ted Cruz

Also, I was 100% convinced there was a game tonight

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

predicto posted:

Of course I was joking. It was a reference to the larger than usual percentage of the Indian diaspora living in the South Bay.

With that said, I live a few blocks from Golden Gate Park. My kids go to school in the Haight. I wander Golden Gate Park all the time. It's perfectly fine here. Quite nice actually. SF has a big homeless problem, and a drug problem that is shared by all American cities, but it is far from "hilariously unsafe."

There are about 50 homicides a year in San Francisco, and almost all of them occur in only 3 out of the 25 or so neighborhoods: the Tenderloin, the Inner Mission or Hunters Point. 50 homicides is a low figure for a very dense city of nearly 850,000 people (at least when measured on the violent American scale). That's quite a bit less than the total for other cities with equivalent populations like Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Columbus Ohio, and so forth.

And that's your news of the day. Don't be scared of cities.

The only truly awful part of SF is the Tenderloin

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Welp, missed the entirety of the best game of the playoffs :(

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

:lol:

Sure he is :thunk:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Time posted:

Question: when was the last time the best player in the league was foreign? Dirk? I know he won MVP in 06-07 but that was a close year. Before that is had to be Hakeem.

Soon it will be Giannis

Do we count Steve Nash? Or is it the consensus that he didn't deserve his MVPs?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/873421923237203973

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Ohio did go for Trump, so he might be onto something

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

EvanTH posted:

I've read a bunch of their explanations at this point and they're all really bad, and that one kinda conflicts with Doris Burke's sideline reporting during the game. It was a huge fuckup no matter what happened.

i really wish people would gently caress off with this obnoxious smug poo poo already. Yeah my city is much fuller of the smarters because we voted for the openly corrupt political family who'd helped oversee several decades of slow crushing economic decline, an ever-shrinking middle class, the rise of the prison industrial complex, offered nothing new except a continuation of destructive globalist neoliberal policies, literally mocked the electorate, etc etc etc etc. The candidates weren't the people's fault, our awful broken voting system pre-screens candidates by wealth, but now everyone in this country thinks it's okay to hate everyone else for a decision almost nobody was happy with.

Might as well say that every state that went Blue is pro-slavery globalists because Hillary owned a few state slaves back in her Arkansas days and by golly some of them had street smarts. Ohio's gone blue plenty of times, but good luck appealing ever again to people you're openly disdainful of in every casual comment.

Draymond's just doing some fun WWE poo poo, he was nodding his head yesterday when thousands of people surrounded him chanting "DRAYMOND SUCKS" (for playing basketball against them. What's that gotta feel like?). He's allowed some heel action, everyone else is probably being a dick and finding some weak ex post facto justification for it

sir, this a nacho stand

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Rick posted:

Yeah, I really hate this. And like there's so little thought that most of the people who post these kind of things put into it, and I really don't want to have a demographic discussion with people who think that every region of the state voted like a state did overall.

Sorry, I sometimes forget that I'm not in C-spam when I make political posts to annoy people

I know that Cleveland did its best

Though I am still going to blame the Cavs for breaking causality :colbert:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Dexo posted:

Between the Cavs and Cubs last year we broke reality

Brexit was 4 days after the Cavs won, so I still feel justified saying that is when reality died. The Cubs vs Indians World Series was just a manifestation​ of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

On no, not pot

Also, thats a lot of guns and ammo

• Locked thread