Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

DeimosRising posted:

Ricky's 6'4 and has longish arms so I don't think there's much size difference either, unless he really is 6'7 now which I doubt. The questions are really if his shot works or can be fixed, and can he learn a half court offense and translate his passing to it. If both are affirmatives, he's got a shot at being a cross between old Jason Kidd and young Jason Kidd. If both are negatives his ceiling is pre injury Livingston, a guy who is a nice bench piece but shouldn't be starting. If he can shoot but not run a set, he's Breweresque, I guess, but I'm thinking more Kerry Kittles or Kevin Martin. If he can run a set but not shoot he's a less athletic rubio.

Pre injury Livingston? Or do you mean post?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

DeimosRising posted:

Pre. Pre injury he basically only had skills in transition, couldn't shoot but could pass and score on the move. All his old
man game poo poo was a compensation for becoming slow, the post moves and half court passing

That's fair but he did most of that around the rim scoring on the break so yeah he has to demonstrate both better handles AND the threat to make crazy passes in the half court to open space for drives. I think he's maybe the most interesting of the major prospects but I don't really think he'll be all that good.

I get that Young Livingston wasn't a smooth half court operator and wasn't the greatest finisher, but correct me if I'm wrong....wasn't his handle waaaay better than Ball's?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

IcePhoenix posted:

Three fuckin days between games at the same site it may as well be

Yeah this is pretty bullshit and it's obvious the NBA and the NHL are colluding to avoid tv overlap

loving butt holes, I wanna go to the bar and watch both on one tab.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

DC Murderverse posted:

I don't blame the Dubs for signing KD, and they clearly deserve the rings and they are very fun to watch even if I'm cheering for Lebron, but unless he goes and wins another ring with a different team, we should all make fun of KD for the rest of his career because he jumped from a top 5 team with another top 5 player to The Best Regular Season Team In History Ever and based on how they were playing without him, the dubs probably could have won this ring without him. bitchmade like no one ever before

[Really dumbass voice] I should just keep playing with Russ, or I guess maybe I should sign with a team that sucks rear end

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Papercut posted:

Why would he see it that way after winning Finals MVP and beating a team that is absolutely better than they were there year before when they beat the team he joined? He will justifiably see himself as leading this team over the hump.

This guy gets it

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Carlosologist posted:

i think the world somehow managed to underrate the Warriors, given that 3-1 and Steph going ghost are still relatively fresh in mind

It's weird as heck.

Do people forget steph was hurt as hell last year and it took an injury to Bogut and a Draymond suspension for Warriors=Shook to happen? Genuinely curious.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Yeah there's no way Curry said "I'm back" because he's an athlete hyped out of his own mind to play and try and make history. No player would ever overestimate their own health, especially not after a sprain that takes a pretty long time to heal but might feel okay for stretches.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

True, I miss the Heat. They even had perfect supervillain colors and black mask Lebron looked sick

Although judging by the breakdowns people are having here the Warriors are much better heels

The heat were cool and good and the warriors are perhaps cooler and gooder.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Lebron owns, KD owns, Steph owns, the Miami teams owned and the Warriors own. It owned that the Cavs won last year and it owns that he warriors are gonna go 16-0 this year.

A Bunch o fat internet dudes who maybe get a run in once a week at the gym calling KD a bitch will never not be funny.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

EvanTH posted:

he was extremely deceptive with his best friend russell, and basketball is about friendship first and foremost. if he'd done it in some way that hadn't made westbrook hate him it'd be more okay

They stopped being friends after Russ went 7/21 in game 7 last year

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

FuzzySkinner posted:

Eh.

I mean I get it. But you look at the team he left? I think he could have beaten these guys. LeBron in hindsight...taking off the homer goggles? He had nothing. Can't blame him for going "gently caress this poo poo" and going to Miami. The team Durant left made the playoffs thanks to the efforts of one Russell Westbrook. The team LeBron left? Had one of the longest losing streaks in NBA History the year after and was in the lotto the very next year.

Playing with Russ sucks loving rear end

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Ghost Dog posted:

ok. so would lebron if he signed minimum on the warriors after the 1st season with the cavs. i believe he had an opt out after 1st or 2nd year? either way, calling it "the best move for his career" would be incredibly disingenuous. saying it like that implies his career was going downhill cause of the team he was on and thats demonstrably false.

if lebron had been playing for a few years for a team that was frustratingly close and couldn't quite put together the proper moves to geth them over the hump and then did this, yeah (he did this but also got paid and went to a no income tax state with his banana boat buds and hell, it was good!)

btw never forget KD's team traded away harden because the cheapass rightwing thief owners didn't wanna pay a bit of luxury tax, then one killed himself, and they never hired a coach that could reign in Russ' bad tendencies and turn him into an all world winner, why would KD want to peace out after they blew a 3-1 series lead, especially when it's such a cool city to live in?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
It's really good to watch the warriors play, you should feel good about watching them.

It's okay to hope their owner suffers a heart attack loving the Larry Obrien trophy tho

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

EvanTH posted:

KD isn't a heel he's Roman Reigns not understanding why he's getting booed all the time

Roman Reigns is a heel you silly boy, he's a heel to people who smarmy smarks who take wrestling way too seriously

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Metapod posted:

Wtf is this revisionist history

Niwrad posted:

Trading James Harden because they didn't want to pay the luxury tax. They decided what was more important.

No, you see this wasn't extremely bad and one of the worst moves in NBA history because...

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
It was extremely bad then and it's only gotten worse over time and it's easily the worst deal in NBA history in retrospect.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Probably the unprotected pick the celts will use on fultz and the Barkley trade but I'm watching hockey now and don't wanna think of 7 more

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Niwrad posted:

A team with Westbrook, Harden, and Durant would probably be able to sustain success.

Mark Cuban spent $150 million in luxury tax before OKC spent a dime in it. That includes $18 million during the year they won the title.

Really weird that the thieving OKC owner guys didn't want to pay the luxury tax

Rip Aubrey

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Tae posted:

The hindsight part is that they could've kept both harden and ibaka if they stretch or amnesty perkins

I forgot about this and I'm doing a lol

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Lmao players are so much better now than back in the 80s, if only because of diet and exercise and training and *cough* performance enhancers that it wouldn't even be a contest.

Tough guys from the 80s would be big pussies if somehow magically transported to today.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Bashez posted:

The worst part about the Warriors going 16-0 is everyone is going to forget they beat up on literally 3 injured teams before facing a team with a < 3 SRS and think they're good.

Just like how everyone discounts the Cavs' epic comeback win last year because steph and bogut were hurt and draymond was suspended oh that's right no one in Cleveland or anywhere gives a flying gently caress *flashes ring*

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Spring Break My Heart posted:

why would you discount for draymond being justifiably suspended for something he did in the series

I'm not discounting, that's the whole point. Everyone is hurt or hurting or whatever at his stage. And you play what's in front of you.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

RaySmuckles posted:

therefore, to the vast majority of the world, kevin durant will most likely live on as a vital piece to one of the, if not the, greatest teams of all time.

even though he's a total pussyass bitch who joined the team he was up 3-1 to in the WCF, with the reigning 2 time MVP, and who had been in the finals the preceding two years.

unfortunately, people. won't. care.

He was the vital piece of what's probably the greatest team of all time. That is independent of whatever weak rear end take you throw out because you're butthurt he left fashion show ballhog Russ

Blame the nbapa and the league for loving up the revenue calcs and allowing this to happen if you wanna get mad.

Lebron didn't win anything without his banana boat buddies or a playing for a team that had a ton of #1 picks. Who cares, Lebron is incredible.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

RaySmuckles posted:

i'm only butthurt that he ruined the west. you know, the good part of basketball.

there'd be like 4-6 potential championship teams in the west if he stayed in OKC. still plenty if he went out east.

instead he joined the warriors and now what would have been exciting and interesting playoff basketball has become incredibly boring and routine.

a 16-0 sweep through the playoffs isn't very interesting to me. its incredibly boring.

frankly i don't give two shits about kevin durant or his career. i care about watching good, competitive basketball and his action have had an undeniable impact on that

Today's game was extremely good and competitive and pushed KD to play his absolute best. Not seeing an issue here. Sounds like you're butthurt and caremad.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

EvanTH posted:

You keep going out of your way to insult Westbrook and it's super weird

Russ is a fraud

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Durant is Finals MVP, Bitch-rear end Russ is a mark-rear end trick at home on the couch.

I hope Durant does an instagram where he sings "Now I do what I want" while holding the Larry O'Brien lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

RaySmuckles posted:

gently caress kevin durant.

one move ruined the west, the greatest conference in sports.

• Locked thread