Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

got some chores tonight posted:

i would not expect the knicks or the rockets to have expectionally low dribble numbers cuz i feel like most of their offences were letting superstars work

low dribble, high jab steps for NY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Tae posted:

The Knicks are taking retardation to a new level.

None of that matters. I've never seen such a disinterested team since the Z-Bo/Curry year. Even Porzingis looks checked out, probably from being ignored while Melo and Rose get theirs. Melo struggles to make it back on D half the time.

EDIT: I do find it funny these lazy rear end in a top hat were already throwing the new coach under the bus in preseason.

Boosh! fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Nov 3, 2016

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Houston is pretty bad too.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Noah looking cooked is like, only the 5th worst thing with the Knicks right now.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

troofs posted:

Melo stuff

The Knicks were really fun to watch before we traded fun players and abandoned the offense for ISO-Melo. Melo wasn't having any Linsanity (also, really fun to watch) either.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

euphronius posted:

The worst part of the rose trade was acquiring his bird rights .

It's very scary.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

troofs posted:

For sure, but who else is a free agent next year? They're not getting Curry. Maybe just tank a year and then go after Chris Paul or something? I think assuming any kind of logic here might be a mistake.

Wait two years to pair yet, another aging superstar with Melo? Give it up.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Phil should be more concerned about the defense.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Dejan Bimble posted:

Whenever Phil does anything
Remember this image

I'd be on board with this theory but that Noah contract is telling me otherwise.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Noticing a noticeable increase in arc from DeMar's jumper. Can't wait to see him dominate NY tonight.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Zingis' game has definitely matured since last year. The wild drives to the hole are less frequent and he's been playing better off the ball, letting the game come to him if you will.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

RCarr posted:

Also, I'd like to see him in the post more.

We saw that in Toronto, posting up Lowry in crunch time only to be waved off by Melo :xd:

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
What happened to Justise Winslow?

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

The crowd was 70% Knick fans

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

EvanTH posted:

For a great player Melo is so god damned bad. I hate watching his game. I really really hate it. Sometimes he throws perfect bullet passes just to prove he could if he tried which he doesn't.

This, so much this. Last night might've been the worst I've ever seen Melo be the worst Melo. I'd be happy with an outright release at this point.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Might be a dickhead? MSG might've set Barnes off with a vocal "De-rek Fish-er" chant.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

quote:

"Carmelo a lot of times wants to hold the ball longer than -- we have a rule: If you hold a pass two seconds, you benefit the defense. So he has a little bit of a tendency to hold it for three, four, five seconds, and then everybody comes to a stop," Jackson said in an interview

Color me a bit optimistic, but I did not see much (if any) iso Melo last night. They were mostly either catch and shoots, or quick moves off the pass. Maybe this is the year we go over .500

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Knicks - Cavs
Warriors - Clippers

Battle of the super teams.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Paul Zuvella posted:

Signed 4-yr/$72M deal on Thursday, July 7, 2016.

Whoa. Was LA under the cap floor or something? I feel a bit better about the Noah contract.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

IcePhoenix posted:

Higher quality: https://streamable.com/5sty

I think that's my new dunk of the year. Look where he takes off from

Love when the opposing bench momentarily freaks ou. Foye looks like he had to be restrained to his seat from both sides.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

EvanTH posted:

Here's Melo teaching his son not to play defense:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BONm-_uBTgE/

Not shown, wide open teammates with their hands in the air.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Wow, nice. I'm also happy to see Embiid getting more votes than the digital athlete.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

attackmole posted:

He was close last year, and apparently moving to the Warriors only redoubled his fans efforts.

All of Georgia votes for Zaza, every day, on every computer they use. They're second only to Chinese fans in all star game mobilization.

I like to think of the fan vote being changed to 50% of the ballot as the Zaza Rule.

Also SMH at Rose having more votes than Lowry, gently caress off forever NY.

I don't think it's NY voting for him, just name recognition. Besides, you guys have an entire country to stuff ballots. Get up.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

That trainer got the Bieber handle

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
10 years later, fugazigate comes to a head.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
That's insane. Can't recall a player just. O-showing. Stealth tank in full effect. :xd:

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Oh hell yeah!

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Barclays has good food, and rock-bottom ticket prices. Not too bad if you want to see another team play.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Redgrendel2001 posted:

I'm neutral on the jersey ads, but the GE logo on the Celtics unis is a but too much.

https://twitter.com/KyleClauss/status/824290503369912323

You think that's too much? Have you seen WNBA jerseys?

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Space Camp fuckup posted:

I can't wait to see what ads end up on some of the low-rent shittier teams' jerseys

I'm guessing the Suns will get a big Carl's Jr. patch or something

King's got Blue Diamond Almonds. I expected worse.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Cool Buff Man posted:

Carmelo quote of the night for last night: "I don't think I'm the only playmaker in the league."

Full quote:

"You ask me a question if he thinks I’d want to play with him?’’ Anthony said. “Yes. I do think he’d want me to play with him. I don’t think he wouldn’t. But I don’t know if that comment was about me. I don’t think I’m the only playmaker in the NBA.’’

I'm trying to imagine if Tony Snell was still there.

Boosh! fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Jan 26, 2017

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
I'm at the point where I'm thinking getting Austin Rivers(!!!) and trash for Melo would be a fortunate haul.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Man, where is Billy King when we need him.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Metapod posted:

Would the Knicks really trade for an injured kanter?

Hell yeah, we would.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

I feel like Westbrook would probably murder 'Melo within a week.

I would pay to see Melo wave off Russ in crunch time.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Tae posted:

Pretty sure the Knicks traded a 1st rounder for the rights to Andrea Bargnani

And you can't say "oh phil jackson is different" because he's done almost as bad in free agency

Flight 77 cleared for landing

LOL, Knicks brass aka CAA thought he was the last piece to a chip.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

quote:

and the Celtics float them a couple of their good picks that are not the Brooklyn picks

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
https://mobile.twitter.com/KennyDucey/status/825140327069671426

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Apparently he cribbed that from who else, Kobe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

zoux posted:

I think he looks interesting.

Also:
https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/827223347469488129

"You need to get good players that can score and play defense and win games, imo"

Get LeBron, get KD.

• Locked thread