Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
^^^
Edit: Well, maybe not

Portland is all in on this draft class being really deep and great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
The Bulls just got poo poo on all day with stuff like this:

https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/830887715570860032

I enjoy the competition between the Bulls and Knicks for being the biggest disaster this year.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Paul Zuvella posted:

Wait, Terrence Ross is good and on an amazing contract what are the Raptors doing????

Attempting to lock up that #3 seed

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
What else does Toronto have to move to get another piece this year? Their higher draft pick? With 1 more decent player they might be able to take 2 games from the Cavs and call it a successful season.

Also, pro-level thread name change.

There will be a camera guy who's job it is to follow him all night.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
All of the Cavs big 3 having their own individual moments just makes that game and series so much better.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Selling the D-League name has at least got people talking about the D-league, so that's a step up.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

RaySmuckles posted:

yes, but why and for how long? people are talking about it because the name is stupid and fewer people will take "g-league" seriously (as fans) since at least d-league had an explanation for what it was in the title (development). g-league just sounds like a stupid gimmick league like the xfl.

I think Gatorade is invested enough to try and push some money into advertising their new investment and will turn out better for the League. People watch all those crazy rear end Red Bull things because Red Bull makes just a big push for all of them, who's to say Gatorade doesn't start putting G-League commercials up and getting more eyes on that league.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

dokmo posted:

There are 25 d league teams set up for next season, up 6 teams from two years ago. The market is pretty much saturated.

e What is a "true" minor league? Who says baseball is the model everyone should follow?

Baseball minor leagues are pretty popular, I'm sure the NBA would love to grab some of that excitement and ticket sales for their sub league.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Mike Brown during Rising Star World practice had them run some 3 man weave, walked through some simple offense, did some 3-2/3-3 continuous transition, shot some 3s, then brought fans out of the crowd and played a big game of Knockout. A fan finished 4th even, Mike Brown gave him a hundred dollar bill out of his pocket.

Jay Larrañaga had the USA warm up with dribbling drills, did a lot of defensive stuff, ran through plays, shot some 3s, then had a shoot around.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Stagger_Lee posted:

It's been depressing watching the Pacers get a little worse every year, and I think it's clear that Larry's past his prime in basketball operations. The Pacers best recent years involved getting significant value out of both Lance Stephenson and Roy Hibbert, though, which kind of seems insane at this point.

Paul George has been having his worst year, injured one aside, since his first couple, but I wouldn't want to see him go. I especially would want to see him playing for the loving Celtics.

It's going to take some fantastic use of that 1st round pick, with a great free agency, and probably 2 series wins to keep PG around.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Hand Row posted:

How about the insane amount of money the Pacers can now offer with the supermax?

He's made so many comments over the years about chemistry and finding the right people, I just assume he'd rather bail and find a nice happy fit then be rich(er) as gently caress and have the Pacers waste him.

Jota posted:

KD and Westbrook are never ever ever getting back together

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/833010397053587456

Going to be the best thing when they are on the floor at the same time.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
"Just go ahead and stay there after the game Mr. Cousins, we'll have your stuff shipped over."

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Not surprising at all. He's always been more on the 'wants to be part of a winning team' side than the cash side.

Some decent team is going to grab him and he will win an MVP. Hopefully show everyone how good he really is instead of blowing his talents in Indiana where nobody sees.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

pubic works project posted:

But yeah, I love Big Al, but he has sucked the last 6 or 7 games.

Everyone has sucked the last 6 or 7.

Al has looked good in limited minutes. When Myles gets early fouls (which seems to be a lot) and Al has to work a bunch of extra minutes, he gets in trouble. There are those games where Big Al has those flashes of youth, and they feed him on the block and it's pretty nice. He's not the answer for the Pacers, but he doesn't kill them.

I'm not sure what another big does for the Pacers. I guess put more pressure on inside defense and give PG some more shots.

The Pacers are exactly the team they are every year besides a few outliers: middle of the pack team that will compete for a playoff spot, and maybe get hot and win a series and it's going to take something huge to get them past that point ever.

pubic works project posted:

At this point I'm half checked out of what this organization does because I think we'll lose PG. :(

Turner will be fun to watch till his contract is up and he joins PG in LA

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Magic knows what it takes to win a ring:

https://twitter.com/MagicJohnson/status/441790369895022592

He's gonna kill it.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

I imagine this happening in the NFL, and the player being suspended for 3 games for not respecting the team huddle and timeout.

I love the NBA.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Dexo posted:

The same way literally every single basketball observer knew that The Bulls offseason was gonna end poorly.

That 1st week or so when everyone was like "Wait...this might work" before it all crashed down was pretty great though.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
https://twitter.com/uuords/status/838840651819151361

This draft class will probably average out to have great players and be fine overall...but right now? Ouch.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Lockback posted:

Haha, they are lowering the temp in the stadium to reduce condensation. The wild don't even play there, must have been since Disney on ice thing or something.

https://twitter.com/Timberwolves/status/838908061880315905

"Buy some concession stand stuff before we shut 'er down for the night."

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
In dramatic overreaction after 6 games:

Is it too late in the season for Buddy Hield to win rookie of the year?

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

I think you mixed up rockets with cavs because the cavs would certainly make the playoff in the east without lebron

meanwhile the rockets, :laffo:

I'm giving LeBron all the credit for all the good players on the roster so without him, the Cavs dont field a team.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Presented without comment:

https://twitter.com/JoelEmbiid/status/844224278304346114

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

SamuraiFoochs posted:

https://youtu.be/fRyAjPYvbjg

Someone gif the slow motion butt scoot, tia.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Redgrendel2001 posted:

I'm pretty sure Ben Simmons could have played this year.

https://twitter.com/SportsDirectTV/status/846107464051429376

I dunno...how many vids have we seen of him posting up 5' 7'' team managers or shooting free throws in street clothes?

Embiid watch set the bar for how close someone is to playing.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Much like Nick Young, Buddy Hield is fun to watch because he is not on your chosen team.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Tae posted:

Okay, it's a cheap enough deal that it doesn't really matter too much but why sign a guy coming off a major injury

Pacers fans loving love the guy and when PG gets traded during the draft, Lance will provide some sort of joy.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

NickRoweFillea posted:

If you told me the phrase "Kevin Love locks Steph Curry in jail to win the NBA finals" at the beginning of last year I'd have called you crazy.

You could of said that at any point up to and even during the actual play it was happening and I would have said the same.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
The Pacers do not deserve Paul George. Someone please trade for him in the offseason and he will win you a ring.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

All I know is that Indy will have a hard time turning down a Meyers Leonard home coming

There is no world where I would be a fan of a team that willingly gave money to Meyers Leonard.

ketchup vs catsup posted:

I thought PG to the lakers was pretty much a done deal?

If he wants Lakers he'll play out his last year in Indy and let the Lakers get 1 more year of rebuilding. If he asks Larry to get him out of Indy this offseason, it will be Celtics.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Ok how about an Evan Turner home coming?

Seriously though would you take McCollum for PG straight up or is the possibility of the Nets picks too hard to resist?

Sorry friend, I dont see a way PG goes to Portland. Other places will offer Larry way more this offseason, and PG will want to go way better places next.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
78 games into the season and the Pacers are still trying to find an identity, and when you turn them on nightly you have 0 idea what to expect.

They got this guys.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

RCarr posted:

I can't wait for the playoffs to start!

It's already playoff time:

Just win, baby.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Cant get burned on the Paul George trade if you arnt the one making the trade - Larry Bird 5 seconds before he stepped down

Maybe Paul George gave a "It's him or me." I'm going to live in that dream land for a while before the Pacers trade him away for a 2nd round pick and Timofey Mozgov

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
No love for the guy who pulls crowd members out and plays a huge game of Simon Says at halftime?

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Ghost Dog posted:

hes loving awful and it makes sense that someone from indiana would be a fan of a dude who brands himself like this:

http://www.stevemax.com/

Steve Max is a full-time PROFESSIONAL Simon Sez (Simon Says) caller / leader.

I'm not even from Indiana!

Sorry your Simon Says enjoyment is stuck in the 1950s. It's time to shake it up OLD MAN. Steve Max is the Better Call Saul of the Simon Says world. Out there kicking rear end and taking names, but only if Simon SaysSEZ.

Son of a bitch you caught my quick edit

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

AggressivelyStupid posted:

I rule in favor of the prosecution

AIMDoorClosing.wav

Also:

https://twitter.com/TimBontemps/status/862699909757186049

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
The NBA has a game 7 tonight and all anyone can talk about is the cheap shot taking Warriors.

Shame Warriors. Shame.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

RaySmuckles posted:

who's excited for next years finals when we will most likely have the same 2 teams playing for the the fourth time in a row?

Unironically me. They are the 2 best teams right now and it kicks rear end when they play each other and ever series should be 40 games between them,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

R.D. Mangles posted:

this is the only valid bad boys merchandise

Why is future basketball played 6 on 4

• Locked thread