Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Leroy Dennui posted:

Is this a remake of legendary poo poo game "Hoshi wo Miru Hito"?

Nah, just the same name, completely unrelated and likely unintentional on the dev's part to use that name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Does anybody know if there are any purple New 3DS deals for black friday?

I'm looking to somehow try to get a New 3ds for my fiancee for christmas and I doubt I'm gonna be able to do it, but if I somehow *do* manage to do it, I'd like to try to get a purple one for her so she can use it to do New 3DS stuff and I figure people in here might have heard of some deals. I know about the $99 black or white ones but she isn't a fan of those colors and designs.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Dishonored looks fun and I hope I will get to play it some day >:]

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://meh.com/

They've got an irish stout beer brewing kit

That seems pretty neat, idk if that's a good deal or not tho and idk if that's a good quality thing or not

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

precision posted:

Anyone got Tyranny and running it on an older laptop? I kinda assume it will run okay on our 3-year-old laptop but I really don't want any more surprise bad news this week. I wish there was a demo, but at least Steam will refund it if it doesn't run =\

e: patch outta nowhere for This War of Mine with new characters and locations, also apparently Amazon Prime members now get free games every month and TWoM is this month's game

Where is the amazon prime game thing?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The Kiwi Republic

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Snak posted:

My "free with prime" is just some Watch_Dogs 2 DLC code. lame.

Same :( Oh well

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CrashCat posted:

Why not get one of those wrap things? I don't know who sells the best ones but it sure seems like there is every design under the sun available for 3ds wraps

Doesn't the original color show through/don't the stickers not cover everything?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

I feel like there must have been some better way for them to put in a reference to mary higgins clark than by putting an npc in their game with that name

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Quest For Glory II posted:

stargazer, the game in which you do errands and then you do more errands and then you do more errands and the stakes never feel like they grow at all and then you're saddled with more errands

So far, yeah. Just got to chapter 4 and that seems to be it. It's kind of silly how many times the game tells you to go back to a previous screen to talk to someone or get a thing in order to progress. Also the characters seem to be kind of uhhhh lacking...in character.

Like, Aura is a person who exists, Zach wants to go see the stars from each summit in the area, and Scarbeck is a detective who feels out of place and almost feels like maybe an author insert or something given how often he drives the plot along with his detective powers and tracking devices. Then Thyme and Grayson showed up, Grayson barely spoke at all other than to complain about people mining all of the resources and causing the land to die but then he is suddenly a dumb meathead or something and Thyme keeps being a jackass to him and talking about how dumb he is and it is just weird.

A bland game at worst, I wouldn't recommend it unless you were really hard up for something bland like plain oatmeal that you've maybe added some raisins or nuts or something like that to it, so it is mostly bland with a couple of things that are neat but otherwise, mostly just bland.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Klaus Kinski posted:

DIY option: plastidip and a screwdriver.

Definitely not going that far lol, wouldn't have the money or space or anything to do that

CrashCat posted:

I would think the quality varies, but it would probably be worth your research time to save almost a hundred bucks

Yeah, honestly a sticker from decalgirl sounds like the best bet, though that still requires me finding some way to raise 130~ bucks for the new 3ds and the decals so idk, I don't have any income so who knows if I'll find something to do to get cash before black friday or not :| oh well

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I legit cried during wreck-it ralph because its message hit me real close to home and I approve of its moral of "just because you've spent your life being told that you are a bad and awful person doesn't mean that you are a bad and awful person. sometimes it just means that the people telling you that stuff are huge pricks."

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
You don't have any enemies because you've already erased them.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lizard Wizard posted:

My cat is old and he's not eating any more. I can't take this...

Regardless of what happens, you can always talk to me if you need someone to talk to okay LizWiz?

Just shoot me a PM or something, I don't think we're in any of the same discords sorry.

I am hoping for the best, but if things take a turn for the worse, we are here for you

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
My cat, meanwhile, decided to pee on KCB's bathrobe >:[ bad cat

This is the second time we've caught him peeing outside of his litter box. He's neutered and his litter box is clean so idk what the reason is. We have a litter box in this room that we're gonna move over closer to where he has been peeing lately and see if that fixes the problem since iirc he has a vet appointment coming up anyway so we'll know if it is an issue by then.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

smuh posted:

Anyways uh, good cat games anyone?

I will give a more serious answer later but for now, have Super Granny Collection

http://store.steampowered.com/app/36270/

I legitimately want that game but it never goes on sale >:[

Also when you look it up on steam, carmageddon is one of the returned results

Alternate joke answer:

http://i.imgur.com/pOPX4pQ.mp4
http://i.imgur.com/29HXgQ3.mp4

Rain World, if it ever comes out!!!!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldBKPWjD1os

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lizard Wizard posted:

cat was put out of his misery today...that's all there is to say on the matter...

:(

:(

I'm here if you want to talk okay?

I know how you feel and I want you to know that it is okay to vent your emotions, that you don't need to keep them pent up inside (though if keeping them pent up is what helps you the most then by all means, continue doing what works best for you)

I'm here for ya, bud

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lizard Wizard posted:

All I can do to keep from being a mess is to not think about it. :sweatdrop:

That's perfectly fine and acceptable. Go ahead and take a breather and let your thoughts drift off for a bit. I often find it helps me best to let my brain rest and not think about things for a bit. Usually I'll play some kind of puzzle game or just go to sleep so that I can keep my brain off of the subject for a while, then by the time I am done, my brain will be feeling more up to thinking about it.

You're a good person and nobody of any worthy is going to think bad of you for trying to avoid thinking about it.

Good luck, Liz, and stay gold.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Golf games are good imo tho I prefer unrealistic ones or ones that are realistic enough but with unrealistic settings

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lizard Wizard posted:

world of funko pop

They look like better pops to me too

Better tho

Still not a big fan of the design but eh nbd

drat funko pops are ugly and lazy as gently caress

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I keep seeing this ad pop up on the forums

It is for someone's youtube channel, but their video page makes me not want to ever watch any of their things

Yeesh

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I just wanna know if it was someone spending the cash to try to make fun of them or if that person legit was trying to get views via SA and thought people would love their vids and opinions on 4chan

I wanna assume the latter but who knows anymore

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Those thumbnails still aren't as obnoxious as the ones for "TheSkylanderBoy AndGirl" tho

Those are probably the most obnoxious thumbnails I've seen on youtube imo

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CJacobs posted:

this is just awful

It's gonna be sorta kinda funny when skylanders dies off and his kids grows out of it. The guy who runs that channel has 833 vids alone of just him doing skylanders stuff (idk how many vids his other non-skylanders accounts have) and idk how I'd feel if a good portion of my childhood was filmed and put online by my dad attempting to be really funny but just coming off as cringeworthy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EniJHgfHdQc

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lizard Wizard posted:

*leans out of ethernet port* Sup games.

Ah, you saw that pic too

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The razzies are supposed to be good, yeah?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Even then they do stupid poo poo like nominating Noah for a bunch of stuff.

What's bad about that?

I haven't seen Noah, only heard that it was "meh"

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
http://store.steampowered.com/app/418440/?snr=1_7_15__13

I ended up playing Tick Tock Isle yesterday, finished it in one sitting. It was pretty neat tho it had what felt like a lot of backtracking and stuff. Interesting little adventure game, ultimately not much to it tho, it just kind of ends at the end I guess.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

I have a theory that video games are good

That's not a theory, that's a hypothesis

You have some testing to do before you can determine how conclusive your hypothesis is

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Snak posted:

It's me, I'm the jackass who doesn't really care for Spirited Away that much. I love Princess Mononoke, I love Howl's Moving Castle.

I should probably watch it again, though. I think I only watched it the one time when I was like, 15 or something.

There are a lot of miyazaki films that I've seen where I'm like "well that was a thing" and they're animated well and they're fun but then I can't remember a goddamned thing afterwards about them.

Like, I saw kiki how many times and I still don't remember how that movie even ends.

I don't think it was miyazaki but I did enjoy the cat returns tho. That was a fun one.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I was meh on spirited away, it wasn't bad and it was very pretty but I thought it suffered from nothing really sticking with me outside of some character designs

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Satoshi Kon is a good director, RIP, I really enjoyed Tokyo Godfathers. It is a wonderful movie and I liked being able to see how Japan's homeless issue was different from my own experiences with it in America. It's pretty neat, tho sad.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
It's probably the best christmas anime film, I'll give it that at the least. I can understand why people wouldn't want to watch it for christmas tho since it's not really family friendly in some places.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
My all time favorite is always going to be Santa Claus is Coming to Town. I grew up watching those stop-motion rankin bass stuff so much and I'll always be able to sit down and rewatch them, they never get old for me. Janky and aged, sure, but I love them all the same.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hello everybody, how is everyone doing on this friday of fridays?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lizard Wizard posted:

Hey has anyone played Planet Coaster yet?

I haven't, but here are 2 important vids about planet coaster that will help you decide if you will enjoy it or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LAxbARqJoE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVUa58oY0T0

The first is a highlight vid from Vinesauce Vinny showing some funny bits from his stream of a beta version of it and the latter is long but it is nerdcubed showing off the 3 major theme park management games that were in development at the time. Parkitect is meant to be more like RCT 2/1 I think while Planet Coaster is meant to be more like RCT3 (and is from the devs who made RCT3) while RCT World is...yeah

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Swing and a miss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Did you like RCT3?

• Locked thread