Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Customer comes into store, browses for 20 minutes.

HOW THE HELL CAN THIS COMIC BE $XX

Rhyno pulls comic off the wall, looks up current pricing.

Well sir you're right. It's actually $XX + $25 now. So you should grab it at this price before I price it up.

YOU MUST THINK I'M A DUMBER gently caress THAN YOU IF THINK THAT WILL WORK.

Rhyno silently prices comic up $25, returns it to wall. Customer looks absolutely dumbfounded.

Rhyno wishes the customer a very good night as he leaves.

graded copy of Detective #871, first Snyder Batman story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

WickedHate posted:

Rhyno, your store stories(storeies) are always such a delight. :allears:

Preemptively being an rear end in a top hat never gets you what you want, I never understand why people think that's how you get a deal.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Doctor Spaceman posted:

When was/is the Prez election story coming out?

It's been hidden in the back of a Catwoman issue dropping tomorrow.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

Funko Pops look terrible and apparently they've completely swallowed the collectibles market whole, so I keep on reading articles from people worried that if and when the Funko Pop fad passes the entire collectibles market will basically go down with it.

We sell like 50 of them a week. It's out of control.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

WickedHate posted:

Are they like, the new beanie babies?

They've outlasted BB. The thing with Funko, they keep getting more and more licenses so the line keeps appealing to more and more people. Look up the newly released TWD Negan figure, it's already triple retail and will probably hit $50 by mid month.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Pop Vinyls outsell pretty much every other toy line we carry. And our margins on them are fantastic so they're super profitable.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I own a single Superman POP because it was free.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I collect some action figures and Transformers, but I have yet to buy a single Funko Pop. But I'm a Blue Beetle (Ted) and Booster Gold completist, so I'd be thrilled if they ever made them.

I think this would be where I also crossed the line.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I wish they'd stop prolonging this. Trump is going to take Wisconsin and that's all he needs. Michigan will probably follow shortly after as well as Arizona just to rub salt in the wound.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wheat Loaf posted:

I imagine Pence lol be doing most of the actual governing.

Pence is going to gently caress this country just like he did Indiana. And it's going to be glorious.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Open Marriage Night posted:

I apologize for Michigan.

Indiana went all in for Trump in a surprise to no one.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Have any of you been paying attention to this country for the last few years?

This is what the majority voted for. This is what we loving deserve.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

The people who will suffer the most from this have done nothing to deserve it.

It feels like they've already been suffering. If you're gay or brown in America the last year you may as well have a target on your back. This country sucks.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
God drat it Jurgens.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sentinel Red posted:

*puts telly on, sees Leonard Cohen has died, literally yell "gently caress OFF gently caress OFF gently caress OFF JUST gently caress OFF" at said telly like a lunatic*

I am so loving over you, 2016. GTFO, you worthless shitpile trash heap of a year.

That man was literally the soundtrack of my youth. I was sitting in the basement in 1993 watching Pump Up the Volume and discovered his amazing voice in that lackluster flick.

2016 took my favorite artist (Cooke) and now my favorite singer (Cohen). I can not deal with anything else.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

I still got a couple heroes left, but the year ain't over.

I've stopped liking anything lest it be violently wretched out of my life.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wanderer posted:

That flick is amazing, you philistine.

I'm a little salty to this day that for some reason, the version of "Everybody Knows" on the soundtrack is a Concrete Blonde cover.

They use that version at the climax of the film.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wanderer posted:

Yeah, but the official movie soundtrack doesn't have Cohen's version at all, which has always struck me as a tremendous omission.

On the other hand, I've had "Freedom of Speech" stuck in my head for sixteen years.

If memory serves they couldn't clear the rights for the soundtrack.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So uh, I have a really fuckin weird guy who dresses as Star Lord all the fuckin time, mask and all, and walks around the mall. Today he decided he was Green Arrow. And he walked into my store in costume, quickly followed by security and a Sheriff because he used his very real bow to fire a very real arrow across the quad. Somehow he didn't get arrested, they just took his weapons and let him continue shopping.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I have a super lovely cell phone pic but I don't know if I should really post it. He was wearing black pants and boots and a sort of lovely ARROW jacket with hood, sort of like the season 1 gear.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
gently caress that, the outdoors is where all the jerks are.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ghostlight posted:

I think He-Man got me into comics. So thanks, Mattel merchandising arm.

Same. Those mini comics were the poo poo.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Roth posted:

Comic shop got shortchanged in half their order so they didn't have half of my pull list this week.

It happens. UPS sucks at their job this time of year. We're missing 3 boxes of non comic stuff so far this week.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There's no real method to the box packing so it might have been a problem at the warehouse.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Chaos Hippy posted:

I too am thankful to be part of a comic forum that isn't wall-to-wall assclowns.

Thankfully here it's just the two walls.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Roth posted:

Does BSS do any sort of year-end reflection of the year's comics, like user awards or anything? This is the first year I've really followed new comics closely, so I'm a bit interested in knowing how good/bad this year was in comparison, though I'm making a guess that reception is mostly pretty positive.

We generally gather and make an effigy of the current mod using the worst comics of the year as stuffing. We then burn the effigy and dance naked in the moonlight.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

purple death ray posted:

What even is that

Well first E-Mike takes a turn with the sheep, then you take a turn with the sheep...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I liked Ant-Man more than CW.

• Locked thread