Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I hope they got Faunts to do a new song just for this game :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
hide your cereal

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I hope a star child gives me the option of controlling or destroying this thread

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Drifter posted:

What's the whole joke surrounding marauder shields? Other enemies had shields no?

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/marauder-shields

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Drifter posted:

Hedrigall, I saw a relatively work appropriate picture on imgur the other day and it immediately brought to you to mind. It had to do with zootopia.
Very weird.

Can I help it if I'm so memorable? :3:

Oh and pls link the picture or PM it I dunno

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Drifter posted:

Say what you will, but Mass Effect 3 was still pretty fun, for all its faults. I'm glad I got it for 30 bucks.

I looked for a while but there's really no way I could find the pic, so I quick and dirty put it together in Gimp. Rest assured, the original one was much better with regards to colors and fonts and matching pictures. It's the exact same joke, though. Let's face it, some of your posts in the Ani thread get a little :catstare:.

Jesus :ughh:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I liked ME3, I liked it a lot, big whoop, wadda fide aboudit?

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Krogan and female turian squadmates! :toot:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Hedrigall posted:

Krogan and female turian squadmates! :toot:

Emphasis on :turianass: mates :turianass: :grin:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

BrianWilly posted:

Where...where is the loving.

Maybe the real loving is the friends we made along the way to Andromeda :kiddo:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Get ready for thiisssss

Hold onto your butttttsss

i preordered andromeda

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Drifter posted:

SOmetimes I wish Kubo were real so he could take your memories and turn you into a useless old man who at the very least is smart enough to NOT preorder videogames. :mad:

:argh:

Don't tell the animation thread or they'll call YOU the most problematic animated film of 2016!

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
According to his squadmate icon, Liam has anime hair and goggles:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Bloody Pom posted:

I'd like to see a female krogan without the headdress, but I know that probably won't happen.

e: vv Huh, guess I'll have to go and rewatch it. Any noticeable differences?

Meet Nakmor Kesh, one of the chief Nexus engineers:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Kibayasu posted:

The other half of the internet is too busy wanting to gently caress Overwatch characters.

Well Winston is a bit of a daddy

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Bloody Pom posted:

That new thread title :allears:

Humanity is the cloaca of the universe

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Ryder: *pulls sheet of paper out of pocket. it's just a long check list of alien races and whether they have a vag or a cloaca*

Don't forget ovipositors!

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Drifter posted:

...this probably outs me as some closet furry or something, but I swear I'm not. :sweatdrop:

Be at peace with yourself, fam

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
:same: but krogan or rock monster

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Gonna sue those writers for plagiarising my dream journal :mad:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Um plagiarism because Nebula'Starwolfia is my true soul name you fuckin thief

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Sure are a lotta people being antagonistic in this conversation about protagonists

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Youtube comments are afire with anger and SJW-witchhuntery because there's a black person in this game.

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

SAM seems like it exists to either justify some sort of UI thing or else as a thing that is clearly going to be the main plot of the series.

I bet that SAM's implants record everyone's thoughts/personalities etc, so that once your Dad dies you can talk to a simulation/ghost of him throughout the game, like Dan Sylveste in Revelation Space (also like Dexter I guess)

Hedrigall fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jan 26, 2017

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Ainsley McTree posted:

Grunt kind of sucked imo

You shut the gently caress up, Grunt is beautiful :qq:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

JawKnee posted:

haha wait Sara(h) and Scott are pampered rookie recruits with 'tours' at the diplomatic station and backwater archives? hahaha.

But they're the kids of the dude who did the thing. When your dad's the dude who did the thing you get to go with him to the place

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
It's not like his two kids are a basket weaver and a sandwich artist. They're both Alliance trained and one's a soldier(?) while the other studies alien civilisations and their dad is the dude who DID THE THING ffs it's entirely realistic for them to be along for the ride.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Just because you disappoint your parents with everything you've done with your life doesn't mean the Ryder twins are useless

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Admiral Ray posted:

i'm surprised all four arks have made it so far. like it'd be pretty sweet if the AI spent god knows how much money and experience building the arks and their fancy drive cores that last 600 years (!) only to find out 2/4 arks malfunctioned and were destroyed and a third captured by the native species of the new galaxy.

One of the novels coming out is called Lost Ark so ruh-roh!

I hope it's the Asari ark that goes missing and some Alastair Reynolds-style space horror/body horror poo poo goes down inside.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Kurtofan posted:

how soon was jason forgotten...

Yeah but in 2010 people were only casual racists rather than the Trump-era super mutant hybrid racists we have in TYOOL 2017. So mostly people were chill about Jason being on the Normandy.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

AriadneThread posted:

turns out everyone just forgot, when the andromeda team calls home it shows up as unidentified caller and everyone lets it go to voicemail

new ansible who dis?

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Drifter posted:

Taht cat twi'lek alien is pretty cute you guys. More like a lion alien. I hope it has an English accent.

DO you think it has a cloaca? Maybe its carpet matches its drapes and it's got like a handful of tiny little tentacles down there. tee hee.

tralala tra tralala hee hee.

I cant wait to gently caress Catflaps McGee!

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

basic hitler posted:

I'm sure this is a bad thing to bring up but I gotta vent. I'm looking forward to this, but I'm majorly disgusted by how a majority of people seem to be into these games solely to gently caress aliens. I hate bioware for catering to them so much. It creeps me way the gently caress out. The Witcher 3 is maybe my favorite game, has sex and romance in spades, but it handles it like an adult? Witcher fans seem to be more interested in literally everything else, and not the technicals behind jamming body parts into robots or cloaca or whatever.

I'm really good at detaching something from the fanbase, but gently caress me this is starting to put me off this franchise completely.

Whoa check out this sicko

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

BrianWilly posted:

Wanna chomp on those mandibles

Garrus is more mandible than you can handible

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I hope Catflaps is a bit of a flustered nerd dad like Giles on Buffy :3:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

the good fax machine posted:

I thought we were supposed to get news on the beta before the end of the month

I've got news: you're the beta

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I might make the Ryder family Asian on my first playthrough

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Great racism itt guys, keep it up

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

nerdz posted:

The eyes

I love Liam's daggy baggy pants :3:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
If Mass Effect doesn't make you gigglesquee from time to time then why the hell are you playing videogames

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Gigglesqueebee