Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Maybe the colonists will set up relay-like devices but only in places you have explored first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

We know who to blame when all the black characters have lower hitpoints and do less damage.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The thing I remember most about JC2 other than being a flying Angel of Destruction is that the developers have a surprisingly good grasp of the Malay language and South-East Asian accents.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Coincidentally, Andromeda was also a Gene Roddenberry TV show where the titular ship has an AI who designed itself a sexy female avatar in both on-screen interface and robotic body form.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Mass Effect movie looking good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNrK7xVG3PM

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Zzulu posted:

hm, wheres the female version though, and do they have rock-tits?

We have no tits on salarians and krogan so far.

They should make the rock aliens hermaphordite. Then you can romance them regardless of gender and/or orientation. Or make them secretly robots, so they can tell Ryder "sorry you cannot gently caress us for we are robots", but then Ryder reveals that in the Milky Way organics do gently caress robots and this blows the minds of the aliens so they now welcome the colonists for introducing this new and exciting cultural revolution.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

denimgorilla posted:

Shepard totally proved that humanity is the pinnacle of evolution in the milky way galaxy so it stands to reason that other galaxies would be evolving into a similar form if they want a top dog like Shep.

Ryder will have to fight Rock People Shepard trying to save the Andromeda galaxy from the alien menace.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Look, the Reapers might be the biggest threat right now but you must not underestimate Kai Leng.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Were they in DLC? I didn't get any for ME3 because I was so disappointed by it.

Pretty much all of the ME3 DLCs were good.

I can never take Kai Leng seriously because he sounds like a vegetable you can order stir fried at an Asian restaurant. There should be a DLC where, like the Morton brothers in Fallout 2, you have to face his vengeful relatives Park Choy and Kan Kong or something.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Drifter posted:

Looking at what was originally planned for Prey 2 and then seeing recent videos of them excitedly showing off how you can morph into a coffee cup to roll under doorway barriers must be like a slapping a gloopy turd in the face of the original devs.

The new Prey 2, however, seems like a very Arkane game where they give you gimmicks and let you go nuts with it. In this case, it's "shapeshift into everything".

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I like the crime boss lady lifts a leg to display her crotch to Ryder, to show her dominance. Typical for Milky Way people in this franchise who bones everything.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

This is a video made by a dead person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V46KYxFav24

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Pattonesque posted:

yeah I mean but she's also a vampire serial killer

Vampires can transform into mist and are thus suitable for vent jobs

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Lt. Danger posted:

Well Aria's supposed to be the counterpart to the Citadel's Council - it's part of the whole Paragon/Renegade tone flip between ME1 and 2. All the "don't gently caress with Aria/I AM OMEGA" bombast is supposed to mirror the stuffy Council Saren inquiry/Spectre induction pomp.

Plus the animation team showing off, of course.

Best Aria animation is during her Omega speech.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

You can sort of romance a villain in the Mass-Effect-like Binary Domain. You can also kill a character by building up your relationship wih that character.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I forgot to mention that human loving robots is actually an important part of Binary Domain's story.

But it also has multiple boss battles that are like the Reaper larva fight in ME2 but better.

Also, Big Bo.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Drifter posted:

I played ME3 and told that Youtube Star insert journalist that she wasn't allowed on my ship and I feel like the game was better for it.I'm glad youtube stars aren't really a thing anymore.

Chobot is worse than a Youtube star, she's actually on TV. She's more mainstream than the Philip Defrancos and iJustines of the world.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I miss the Cerberus news website that talks about galactic politics, what background characters are up to, and how space people celebrate Christmas and Eid.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Alert me when Ryder can restore health by tearing enemies limb from limb.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

DancingShade posted:

I'm completely happy to lie about my previous game choices so this is fine by me.

Still disappointed my "kill everyone racist elf" from DA:O was canonically killed in an act of selfless heroism. That's totally not what I did.

History is written by the victors. In this case, it's the human kingdoms that were not eaten by darkspawn so their history say your elf is One Of The Good Ones.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Torrannor posted:

So Andromeda will have "moderate impact nudity" and "strong impact sex", while Witcher 3 had "strong impact nudity" and "high impact sex", a step up in both categories. At least that means Bioware won't try to score points with the audience for having the most graphic sex ever. Hopefully they rather used the graphic design time to improve the facial animations.

For context, Witcher 3 had full body nudity but no visible genitals. So in MEA there will probably be toplessness but everyone keep their briefs and panties on? And which is more intense between high and strong?

I really wanted someone who bought the first game because of Fox News to sue them.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Jack Harper is TIM's real name. One of your MEA squadmates is a Cora Harper, on a ship with an illegal AI sending humanity to spread further.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Then plot twists will lead to him joining your squad, which leads to Kai Leng dying when the player send him on another ill-advised assignment due to him supposedly being good at vents.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

They did say this game will be like XCOM where you can research and reverse engineer alien tech.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

I always just name my characters after myself

My name is Richard

I'm Dick Ryder

Marvel beat you to it.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Skippy McPants posted:

There's a wonderful moment in DA 2 where male Hawke is cornered into either reciprocating Anders' flirtation or shutting him down, which accrues Rivalry points.

Boy did that piss some people off in the very best way.

You reject himct and he considers you a rival. The Chantry rejects apostates and he commits 9/11. Fits his character.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Bioware denies us alien nudes. Game confirmed to suck.

Edit:
All will be forgiven if they allow me to play a claymore-wielding jetpacked berserker vanguard. Gonna bring the gospel of the Imperium of Man on these xenos.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Feb 12, 2017

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Miley Cyrus is still a country singer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Do they even sell physical discs of the PC version? In my country, all the online retailers are apparently only selling Origin codes. I like to have disc handy since my internet connection is not always fast and I'm going to London next week so I figure I should just look for one there.

Also I think Luc Besson is aware of how much Mass Effect look like Valerian & Laureline which lead to his movie looking a little like Mass Effect and that's why he times the new trailer release close to ME:A's release:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6wHXJR2-K8

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Mar 29, 2017