Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Mike the TV posted:

Witcher 3 was a good game because it stripped all the dumb bs out of a typical RPG, and could have been even better if they had removed crafting as well.

As much as I love Witcher 3, I wish they didn't encourage players to lug around four sets of rare armor for the five levels they're effective at, and then 20 levels later when you can upgrade them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

I can't wait to see what that crazy VaultTec is up to now!

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Cythereal posted:

Ironically, the art book for ME2 reveals that the Normandy 2's lighting was supposed to be the opposite. The Normandy 2 was envisioned as being dark, cramped, unpainted, and all around a thoroughly unpleasant ship to live on, sacrificing the amenities of the first Normandy for the sake of raw power.

Fortunately, it wasn't built by Quarians.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Trailer looks fine, but boy, that gameplay must be really super top secret.

SgtSteel91 posted:

No his wife is the AI scientist

"A skilled soldier with N7 ranking and a talented scientist, Alec Ryder was a member of the original task force who traveled through the Charon mass relay."

"SAM is an artificial intelligence designed by our Pathfinder himself."

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Kavak posted:

Has the Krogan presence been explained yet?

The Thing just loves to fight.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Dolash posted:

Mass Effect always seemed to imply the galactic taboo on AI research was something humanity didn't much care about and was really only officially obeying while continuing all sorts of AI experiments off the books. It's not surprising they'd roll it out for their big extra-galactic mission ("Everything's legal in international waters!"), although it might turn out that the other Pathfinders (there's one for each Council Race's ark, right?) don't have their own.

SAM warped the ship to the wrong place because Dad Ryder programmed him in imperial units instead of metric.

Beefstew posted:

Also, why is Peebee's skin all smooth? By the time ME3 rolled around, the asari had pretty prominent scales.

Unfortunate side effect of centuries of Ditto breeding. Vaccines developed, but nothing to be done for existing cases.

One thing from the trailer: At the very beginning, Cora (it is Cora, right?) walks onto the bridge from the left, and I think there's something wrong with her spine.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Lobok posted:

Are we talking about a star cluster like a cluster of stars, or a solar system?

Star cluster

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

marshmallow creep posted:

He sounds juuuuuust enough like Nathan Fillion that someone is going to try to make Mal Ryder.

After he dies and gets plugged into Sara's cyberbrain, he can be Ghost Ryder.

Waltzing Along posted:

The problem is that the milky way galaxy, in the games, is barely explored. There are a bunch of mass relays they don't even use for fear of what might be on the other end. And that's a tiny percentage of the ares that actually have a relay.

There is no reason to leave the galaxy whatsoever.

All the relays blew up.

basic hitler posted:

I'm really good at detaching something from the fanbase, but gently caress me this is starting to put me off this franchise completely.

Lame jokes about fuckin' are better than the earlier lame "nobody's allowed to like this game or ELSE" hot takes.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

chiasaur11 posted:

There are still interrupts. They just list out what's going to happen. No "Well, the camera is looking at that gas tank, and the krogan just keeps talking... oh. Oh. Yeah, taking this one."

Specifically:

quote:

-"Narrative actions" (previously "interrupts) return but rather than giving a "red"=bad or "blue"=good choice, it can say "shoot", leaving more ambiguity to your choice

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Kurieg posted:

Yeah, the post :speculate: cut-scenes explaining what exactly happened were needed, because Destroy seemed to imply that not only were you crippling the entire galactic community, you were also probably killing hundreds of thousands of turians and quarians who were caught in levo space with no food.

Not nearly as many aliens as you kill by blowing up every mass relay in the galaxy, which you know is an extinction-level event from the Arrival DLC, which they explicitly acknowledged at the beginning of the game by having you under house arrest for murdering all the Batarians.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Ian S. Frazier ‏@tibermoon 1m
In SP, there is a way to access more than 3 abilities while in the field. Will explain how it works later. :)

Bring teammates. :)

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Flipswitch posted:

Surprised you haven't been able to romance an AI yet tbh

Don't worry, now a wise-cracking computer lives in your eyeball and sees everything.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Eastbound Spider posted:

But i cang bang the computer, right? In vr?

Yeah, they released some footage of it already:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feiOA4wSAvQ

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

AngryBooch posted:

Villains in Halo go by titles rather than actual names. Something the Halo writer has brought over to mass effect before he left. Everyone in halo is named like the prophet, the arbiter, the didact, etc.

Don't forget "The Harbinger" or "The Sovereign."

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Drifter posted:

Ehhh...it was never THE Harbinger or Sovereign. Just plain Harbinger and Sovereign.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaRdcVYTjRw&t=305s

(when you lay all his lines out like that, it doesn't help the impression that he's obsessed with Shepard... Shepard... Shepard...)

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
The head really is the big issue, and it looks like it impacted the torso size as a result. For some reason, it makes his legs look really short, but they seem okay?

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

I think sarcasm is part of the Casual tone. They have also noted before that a Casual Ryder is liable to have a potty mouth.

Dibs on Michael "Thorton" Ryder.

Serf posted:

All the planets in Andromeda are high-grav planets and the Ryders are engineered to be stumpy little bastards to compensate.

Because they spent so much time traveling so fast, their ship was compressed, and so were they. You grow an inch after every main story mission.

Hedrigall posted:

Catflaps McBae

I feel like these dudes should be having a tea party with the Mad Hatter.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

quote:

Power Armor. Vetra’s custom armor hardens and activates reinforced shields, providing her with unrivaled protection.

Detonatin' the tech armor. :sicknasty:

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

The Lone Badger posted:

I hope Remnant technology is really old and lovely compared to Milky Way stuff and the best use that can be made of artifacts is either archaeology or recycling them for raw materials.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
You can't play as Picard because your sibling (who's stuck on the ship) is the one who gets stabbed in the heart by the Kett.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Please do not post illegally pirated copies of Fornax.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Lobok posted:

What's the context? She looks disappointed, or maybe mildly annoyed she's going to have to kill that person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOIzH6UcoW4&t=85s

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

SgtSteel91 posted:

I think that early leak of Andromeda mentioned Strike Missions, too, and the mechanics in the leak are similar to what's said in the article.

Huh, so it did.

quote:

Deployed Strike Team Missions:

The Helius Cluster is 1000s of light years across, and you can’t be everywhere at once. As you develop more colonies, resource bases and settlements, you have to be able to keep them safe. Spend resources to recruit mercenaries and develop an AI controlled Strike Team that you can deploy to take on randomly generated, time-sensitive missions. Strike Team missions take many forms, including settlement defense and Remnant artifact recovery, which will take real-time to complete. Send your Strike Team out on a mission while you continue playing the main game and they will return, 20 – 30 minutes later, having gained rewards such as XP, currency and equipment based on the success of their mission. Spend money and resources to train your Strike Team and acquire better gear for them, which will increase their success rate and allow them to take on more difficult missions for greater rewards.

Active Strike Team Missions:

When you encounter a Strike Team mission in the Single-Player mode, you can leave your Strike Team at their base and decide to tackle the mission yourself with your Multiplayer roster of characters. You also have the option of tackling the mission by yourself, or recruiting up to three friends to play with you. The more friends you bring, the greater the challenge and the greater the reward. These missions will play out using the Next Mass Effect’s multiplayer Horde mode (more details on this later). These missions will include a variety of thematically appropriate objectives, like defending a Settlement against Khet attacks, or recovering a Remnant artifact off of a planet before an outlaw gang gets there first. By taking an active role in strike team missions, you can earn special Single-player rewards in addition to the usual multiplayer specific characters, weapons, weapon mods, and pieces of equipment which can be customized between missions. Additionally, players who join another person’s Strike Team mission will receive bonus in-game currency and multiplayer XP for helping others with their missions.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Looking forward to playing as Old Snake Shepard.

Hedrigall posted:

Hmm, this bioluminescence... and m'flaps...

This game is the real Avatar 2

Actually, Kabam is developing that.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Beefstew posted:

So, I guess we're retconning the whole "no genetic material from fathers" again. But where could she even get hair from? None of the ME aliens have hair. Maybe Quarians? I guess she's our Quarian squadmate too, then?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ucfgdFrlho&t=39s

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Peebee walks to her own daredevil drumbeat and has an unrivalled thirst for adventure. She’s pathologically independent but manages to maintain a loose, even friendly spirit. Bored with the Milky Way, she would have done anything to join the Initiative – flirt, favors, fudged credentials. But to her, she was just hitching a ride to the great unknown.

Pelessaria had her mind set on exploring, and that's just what she had to do. The Corwids are not slaves to morality or common sense. So if I were like Shepard, I would have let Peebee flirt with me. But I didn't feel that I had to be flirted with.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
My only beef with Vega is that he shows up all of a sudden in the third game, and everyone acts like we should already know and love the mystery gorilla-man.

Neurophage posted:

hosed up opinion time: Benezia is a worse villain than Kai Leng.

Well, Kai Leng usually didn't knock your character off the map, so yeah.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

SgtSteel91 posted:

It also looked like a gas canister got roped into the pull too, so maybe there's an upgrade to pull multiple objects, maybe people too.

I want to fight by just vacuuming up everything in sight into a giant biotic katamari.

frajaq posted:

Hmm alright gameplay looks solid, although the teammate AI looked a bit silly just standing there. Some of the enemies too, hopefully that's fixed before launch

Teammates never knew how to use cover in old Mass Effects, so adding it now would break with established canon.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Jose Oquendo posted:

I haven't bought a boxed PC game in years. What's in the box, just a code?

(It was a cheap Amazon sale.)

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Groetgaffel posted:

:agreed:

ME2&3 were good enough ports, Inquisition worked well enough for me, I saw no reason to plug a controller in.
So with that history I see no reason to doubt that the port will be competent enough.

Inquisition only let you move the camera while you were holding down the right mouse button, so I had to hold down RMB pretty much the entire time.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Keru posted:

I'm going to laugh so loving hard if Vetra is romanceable, just not by the player. That would be straight up amazing.

Vetra falls in love with your eyeball computer. They elope.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Flatscan posted:

Wouldn't know, I always let him die in ME1.

He comes back and whines at you for the second game in a row about how Cerberus is evil and you're evil and can he please have his old job back?

He got to sit in his room for the rest of the game.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Deakul posted:

guys when turians poop is it white like bird poop or

More like turdians. :tbear:

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

frajaq posted:

One of the skills is still unknown, have they talked about how to unlock these? Are some supposed to be secret?

Hmmm, should I use Pull or Throw or ANNIHILATION...?

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Ihmemies posted:

They could have used the same voice actors! I wouldn't mind. You see same actors in different movies all the time. Why not voice actors too?

Given how many goons go berserk over Bethesda hiring the same voice actors across different games, it'd probably cause a stir.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Trast posted:

One more bit of Miranda chat. One of the ME2 dlc gave her a much better uniform. It was proper sentinel armor with a cool HUD visor.

Oh, speaking of which, when are they going to announce how many cases of Mountain Dew we'll need to buy for cosmetic DLC tie-ins?

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

IcePhoenix posted:

There's a ton of stuff coming out today from the press event held a week or so ago where a bunch of people got a good amount of hands on time with the game.

e: here's a reddit thread with a bunch of them - https://www.reddit.com/r/masseffect/comments/5vq0qp/embargospoiler_discussion_thread/

and here's a comment that summarized a lot of them - https://www.reddit.com/r/masseffect/comments/5vq0qp/embargospoiler_discussion_thread/de4a760/

quote:

Shepard’s gender affects Andromeda’s story somehow.
No importing of the trilogy’s save files.
:confused:

quote:

Game starts out quickly with the introductory sequence takes place on a toxic planet.
Great, another MOBA.

quote:

Autosaves seem generous and Ryder respawns 1 to 2 mins before they he/she died.
Hm. I wonder how that's going to work in practice.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

BrianWilly posted:

One hand chopping lettuces at waist-height to emphasize point.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Cythereal posted:

It got posted ten pages ago, along with a thing from a playtester in an interviewer who said yeah you can end up driving around a zone for an hour and find nothing of interest.

To clarify:

RPS posted:

I spoke to Fabrice Condominas, a producer at BioWare, he talked about the difficulties of dealing with huge environments and retaining player interest. “We tried a lot of things and failed in a lot of different ways in development! So at the end the decision we made for this game was to say, we have those huge spaces but we’re not going to randomly generate anything. Everything we’re going to make will be memorable, hand-crafted and placed, and have a narrative impact even if it’s a very small thing. Can you drive 50 minutes without encountering anything? We’re trying to avoid that, but because of the nature of what we’re doing, I can’t promise it won’t happen. That being said, if it does happen as a player you will know it, because it means as a player you’re going to a part where we don’t promise you anything. Our hope is that you never have to hit an invisible wall because you keep finding something interesting.”

...which could mean exactly what you said, or it could mean he's poo poo at explaining that you can drive off the edge of the map like in Mad Max.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Apparently Remnant Tech opens doors to the rift.

Welcome to the Fade, brother! :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Hedrigall posted:

Devs tweeted this. Is he fondling himself?

Only in Skyrim.

https://twitter.com/griffinmcelroy/status/835234419854180352