Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves
Oh there's a new thread. I don't know if I have any hope at all for this. It'll probably be okay though. I also probably shouldn't spend a lot of time reading up on it before it comes out, I went into the ME series cold, only being aware that Bioware did KOTOR. That will make it more of a pleasant surprise than anything.

Having said that,

Kurtofan posted:

-Goal is to allow players to try different approaches to combat without being locked in at the start

marshmallow creep posted:

[Perhaps most significantly, they have removed the class system.

Hedrigall posted:

Class system is gone

So, no making irreversible decisions? No choosing a class and sticking with it or starting over to choose a different one? (Or at least having to load an old save)

I think I know how this is going to work out:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

BexGu posted:

Shouldn't the multiplayer beta happen sometime around now? Feels like EA made some noise about it and then just quietly dropped the whole thing.

https://beacon.bioware.com/

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Number Ten Cocks posted:

It went from a Beta to a "Tech Test." And no one has leaked that they're playing yet.

I'm dumb, I don't know what the difference is.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Cythereal posted:

It's possible to get Ashley suggesting you save the Council. The way ME1 works is, at every big decision point one of your two squaddies will always advocate the paragon option and one will always advocate the renegade option. Who takes which side depends on where they are on the scale: Liara <-> Kaidan <-> Tali <-> Garrus <-> Ashley <-> Wrex. Whoever is to the left of your two squaddies will advocate the paragon choice. Whoever is on the right will advocate the renegade option.

That can't be right :turianass: I recently played and Tali was suggesting "what did the council ever do for you" while Garrus was hostile to the idea.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Cythereal posted:

Huh. I thought I remembered Garrus saying let them die and Tali was saying save them. Guess I'm remembering wrong.

I let them die and Garrus said "I hope you know what you're doing, HUMAN! I think it's the only time in the series he sounded mad at you.