Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Hollismason posted:

What's the name of the law?

Regulatory Accountability Act of 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

I heard one of Trump's complaints about Spicer is that his suits aren't dark enough

I guess if Spicer really just wants to rage-quit the job he can always wear a beige suit like Obama did that one time

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Yinlock posted:

rob ford is donald trump minus the magical reality-deflecting forcefield

Too bad Trump doesn't drink so we'll never see him shitfacedly lapsing into authentic Jamaican slang like Ford did that one time

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

by the way you guys really need to read that new Washington Post article "The first days inside Trump’s White House: Fury, tumult and a reboot" if you haven't already

not even a week into the administration and already Trump's West Wing is falling all over itself to air dirty laundry to reporters in a way that it took GWB's admin a good five years to start doing (and Obama's never started doing)

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

lol of course they're already fighting over that sweet sweet contract money

im p sure at least 65% of the reason for any "federal hiring freeze" announcement is to steer all the work that needs to get done anyway to contractors whose bosses can kick a little upstairs (the rest of the reason is red meat for the dumbass base)

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Bip Roberts posted:

We're gonna get an escalator in the White House.

maybe Kellyanne secretly owns a big share of an escalator installation company and strategically sited her office upstairs as part of the long game

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Virigoth posted:

I'm not sure if they haven't figured out how yet or if they are just not going to update the White House Press Briefing podcast but I hope they do. I'd tweet at Sean Spicer about it but he might rant at me.

every time he opens his mouth you just flick a spoonful of dippin dots in

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

buzzfeed news sez trump supporters are mounting a chatroom offensive to try to sway the french election for marine le pen

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

lol @ people getting their hopes up about that thing in the 25th amendment that says the VP and cabinet can join forces to declare the president unfit to serve

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/NAACPmpls/status/823883033610780673

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

new law in the works from mike lee and paul gosar

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

get that OUT of my face posted:

i need more pasta recipes. i make a mean carbonara but i gotta lose weight, so that's not in the cards right now

be careful, the last time people mixed talking about politics with talking about italian food recipes, they accidentally created pizzagate

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

rear end cobra posted:

Are the Dot Dipper Spicy briefings daily?

i wanna see what color of suit he follows up tuesday's poo poo-brown one with

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

surprised trump hasn't pardoned stewart parnell and put him in charge of the fda

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

my dream is to to break everyones brains by having my home, the district of columbia, somehow secede from the union

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

McGlockenshire posted:

yes hello have we met BRENT BUTTS yet?

this changes everything

that wainscoting and wallpaper looks like he's hanging out in the rental ballroom of the hampton inn out by the airport in 1997

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Piss de Bundy posted:

*Trump signs a bill that says he is big, strong handsome and good, you can see him signing it and then showing the press like its a Where's Waldo book, constant shuttering of hundreds of photos being taken*

i hope every week he comes up with another misleading self-aggrandizing photo to hang where reporters have to look at it, like he has already done with the pic of him getting inaugurated on the day after his inauguration

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

the failing new york times says that trump can no longer defend his refusal to release his taxes, because now there's an internet petition!

this time for sure!

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

fits my needs posted:

the failing NYT feels guilty for focusing so much on hillary's emails and is grasping for straws before they get on Trump's shitlist and their journalists start getting arrested and charged with felonies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u52Oz-54VYw

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Aurubin posted:

He was! Then the "progressive" candidate won the primary but lost to a newly independent Lieberman because Ned Lamont was about as progressive and likeable as Lieberman himself. Murphy and Blumenthal are better than Dodd and Lieberman at least!

Yeah, Lieberman was primaried *before* Obama was elected and the ACA happend, by Ned Lamont in 2006, and he lost and became an independent and was voted in to the Senate as an independent. So he wouldn't have faced a primary if he had run in 2012 anyway, which he didn't. He could do whatever he wanted with the ACA because I'm pretty sure even then he was already planning to retire when his term was up so he knew he wouldn't be facing an election again.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

hey i have a question about our stupid civil court system

if congress passed the equivalent of the Ermächtigungsgesetz to give trump dictatorial powers, pretty much everyone would agree it was unconstitutional, but who exactly would have "standing" to get it into the court system?

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Baller Ina posted:

"he wont actually build the wall" say Trump voters

gonna start all those construction workers on ANOTHER project, they'll never finish my street at this rate daggummit

even today there was some rando republican congressman still trying the "hurrrrrr take him seriously but not literally" bullshit

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

the black husserl posted:

lmao that this isn't a photoshop

yeah it is shot with a long lens to make it look closer to the white house than it is (i know that part of town v well) but it's for real

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

anybody know any sorcerers spells to keep ruth bader ginsburg alive forever?

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

arent there like six thousand federal judgeships waiting for trump to fill them with no democratic opposition (other than maybe gillibrand keeping up her streak) because the gop wouldnt let obama appointments go through

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

lemme know if anyone out there still thinks pence, loving godawful as he is, would be worse than trump

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

has trump told the bureau of prisons to back off on the plan to get rid of privatized federal-level prisons yet

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

maybe tell trump about that blogger who freep found, the one with the proposal for a border wall of old tires full of stagnant water

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

kaleedity posted:

the wall will be built prominently in a populated area for authoritarian and tv-shot purposes; the rest will at best be a chain-link fence

there are areas along the border like say here where the wall will be composed entirely of the voices inside trump's head

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

even our feckless milquetoast mayor here in DC is vowing to maintain sanctuary city status

what beautiful irony that DC hates the federal government more than basically any other city in the country

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

passionate dongs posted:

the press conference begins

sean spicer is shoved out of that little door next to the podium in the press room

he adjusts his tie and faces the wall visual aid that president trump insisted upon

i bet theyre going to wire up the dais in the white house press room like a cattle prod so trump can administer real-time electric shocks to spicer every time he isnt yelling at the press loudly enough or darky-besuited enough

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

tacodaemon posted:

i bet theyre going to wire up the dais in the white house press room like a cattle prod so trump can administer real-time electric shocks to spicer every time he isnt yelling at the press loudly enough or darky-besuited enough

right now, somewhere within a few miles of my apartment in DC, sean spicer is sitting in his bathtub, razor blade against his wrist, thinking it over, imagining a better place where there's no trump and no dippin' dots, just endless anime conventions and chewing gum for all eternity

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

That DICK! posted:

The state of our union....! Is terrific, tolks

actually after trumps inaugural address i think we might finally get to see someone say something other than the state of the union is strong

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Donkwich posted:

also how the gently caress does a wrench in your sleeve help you punch someone

its like how sticking a metal bar in your fake cast helps you beat someone up in pro wrestling

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

the black husserl posted:

i think it might be time to realize that Trump just doubled down on sending the feds to chicago because "it's worse than Afghanistan" and the chicago police are too "politically correct"

trump has probably already demanded the names of whichever federal employees contributed to that recent justice department report on chicago police corruption and trampling of civil rights

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Grouchio posted:

Trump is re-implementing the usage of waterboarding.

earlier today john mccain was being an internet tough guy on twitter about how torture is still illegal under federal statute law regardless of what trump says

lets see how long it takes him to roll over

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

the only upside of andrew jacksons presidency was that crazy rear end inauguration where they had to open up a ton of free booze on the white house lawn to lure his jacked-up redneck supporters out of the building so they would stop trashing the place

and as good as that story is it isnt even 0.000000001% good enough to make up for all the terrible poo poo he did

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

day 14 of the trump presidency, the economist democracy index creates a new "lol" category for :911:america:911:

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

before now, people in alexandria va were just leaving anti-nazi signs around the corner of king and patrick streets to protest spencer renting some rooms above blüprint chocolatiers there as his "alt right headquarters"

• Locked thread