Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

boner confessor posted:

yeah, it's not unprecedented or anything. generally presidents live somewhere else and don't really have any ties to DC but the obamas want to let their kids finish out school before moving back to chicago. as soon as that happens though michelle is packing up house which is why she's not going to run for potus in 2020

If she were to run she'd be sacrificing her own sanity for America. By the end of her term she'd probably nuke the whole drat city.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Hollismason posted:

I've never been comfortable with family members obtaining the Presidency and I never will. I can't think of the word for it right now but I'm really uncomfortable with us having Sons of Presidents becoming president or daughters or wives or husbands or whoever even cousins.

I really don't like it and it makes me super uncomfortable but when I bring it up that it makes me uncomfortable people yell at me.

The word you're looking for is dynasty I think. Or hereditary rule (I do that right?).

#ascension happens when Dick Cheney devours the souls of the damned scattered about by such a terrible blast.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Jack2142 posted:

Do you hate black people, love the mafia and like winning world wars?

And flying around in shipping crates?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Personally, I'm hoping for GOP infighting causing them to not get a lot of poo poo passed. Hope in one hand etc.

Also good job Trump way to bring on two great examples of lovely men: an actual wife beater and a man who cheated on his dying wife.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Chomskyan posted:

but if you're an average white dude person, yeah I guess all you have to worry about is gay marriage or the economy

The gop cares not for the freedom of lady bits.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

He really didn't need to change it.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Noctone posted:

john loving bolton for SoS are you goddamn kidding me? i thought we flushed that turd down the deepest toilet

We're going to invade Iran so he can get our weapons back.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Kobayashi posted:

The GOP is going after the free press next, specifically the NY Times and elite dailies. They're really the only viable foil to the Republicans right now. I would have said Warren, Pelosi, or Harris as outspoken, qualified women, but they're already effectively neutralized, so yeah... welcome to fascism.

And stacking courts to prevent challenges to upcoming Kim David gay discrimination laws.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

MrBuddyLee posted:

I think Rand Paul is the 3rd or 4th most liberal Republican? Susan Collins, Dean Heller, Randbot 2000.

He's a Paul so he's right once and a while but not because of any sane reason.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Bannons a nazi wife beater?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Admiral Ray posted:

They don't give a gently caress about the debt unless a Democrat is president.

Necessary investment you mean?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Look on the bright side: gonna be real easy to stay angry for the next two years and even easier to carry that to 2020.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Fojar38 posted:

Like the GOP is more powerful than it's been in almost a century and it looks like this might end up crescendoing into the greatest self-own in US history since Fort Sumter

Don't count on them self owning themselves out of power. We all gotta reach out and grab it while they're busy pulling knives out of their backs.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

menino posted:

Sure but on unraveling Obamacare or cutting Medicare, that's not a 'do nothing' stance, they have to get people on board.

Medicare one's a great opportunity for the Dems to throw a few knives in the gop infighting ring.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Notorious RBG would probably fill his robes with glitter and rusted razors.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Hollismason posted:

So everything I'm reading is saying the transition team is a flaming hot mess of terribleness , that Kushner Trumps son in law is purging the ranks of anyone even connected to Christie and that there's basically no Republicans willing to take key positions in the administration for fear of just abject failure the administration will be.

So here's the question. What do they do if they don't have their poo poo together by Jan. ? Isn't there over a 1000 different appointments that need to be made not including staff?

Cause pretty sure the Executive Branch has to like function.

Obama's fault for tping his office.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Fojar38 posted:

Basically everyone, Republican and Democrat, has gotten corncobbed this election but literally nobody has gotten as corncobbed as Chris Christie. I mean goddamn.

It's not like he didn't deserve it.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Completely unrelated, what kind of age brackets we looking at for a hypothetical draft?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I only brought up the draft in relation to hypothetical WW3. Ground war or not a war on a scale to have that name will require millions of people to wage.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Hollismason posted:

I think I am going to start submitting my resume for job openings and try and nab being a Department Head.

There's like 1600 of them and 6000 other positions why the gently caress not. I kind of do want to work for United States Institute of Peace

Like they're posting Head of Department positions. What the gently caress.

Only if you spend your entire time planting glitter bombs everywhere.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I'm not applying because my job owns and allows me to post between sciencing all night.

Also yeah I probably make more here and CoL is laughable compared to DC.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I think we found Chris Christie's new position.

"Hi this is Chris Christie, hr manager for the Trump administration, I regret to inform you that we have decided to no longer pursue your candidacy for Polar Bear Man, us and Russia. Thank for your time."

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Hollismason posted:

Apparently its just boring stuff and no actual polar bears work on the commission

That's under Obama. Under Trump you're responsible for herding polar bears into Putin's backyard wrestling pit.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

In reality this dumpster fire of a transition will be portrayed as "see! The system doesn't work!"

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

It's an echo... echo... echo... to put scary overtones on Jews.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

sean10mm posted:

Hope is a mistake.

Though the fact that the DNC actually looks like it might get purged of Clintonites gives me... nah, gently caress it.

:sun:

Death is all you can count on.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I interupt your 30924th stupid liberal firing squad to bring you something we can all agree on:

The Police loving SUCK

quote:

WEISER, Idaho (KBOI) — Weiser Police is investigating a video that was as published online this week of an interaction between an officer and young woman.

The video shows an officer during an Aug. 30 traffic stop asking 19-year-old Jacqueline Aldrich about her identification following a report of a disturbance at a local motel.

Local attorney Shane Darrington, who represented Aldrich in the video, told KBOI 2News that he discovered the officer's behavior and comments during a routine request for all available audio and video evidence.

"It is outrageous and egregious," Darrington said. "The last statement was frightening."

At the end of the video, the officer is heard talking about the interaction.

"Mouthy little (expletive) oh my (expletive) God," the officer says. "If I can get away with it I would have put a bullet in the center of each one of their heads."

A second person in the room heard laughing.

Darrington, who told KBOI 2News that the video was edited for time constraints, says his client was originally charged with drug paraphernalia, but the charges were later dropped.

"Frankly, it was scary," Darrington said. "Somebody in a position of power saying something like that, even if it's an off the cuff comment, it's something that should not have been said."

According to online court records, the charges were dropped Oct. 27.

The attorney says he posted the video online because it's not isolated conduct for the unidentified officer.

"I wanted the community to know this conduct was happening," he said. "And I wanted to know ...does the community condone it?"

Aldrich says she felt disrespected in the way the officer was talking to her.

"I felt it was unprofessional for a cop to act like that," she told KBOI 2News.

"He belittled her and made her seem like she was dumb and couldn't comprehend anything. It made me mad, that's my sister you know?" said Aldrich's sister.

She didn't know about the last remarks made in the video until her attorney showed her.

"I was scared, that's why I left Weiser - he has the power to do that," Aldrich said.

Aldrich has had previous run-ins with the Weiser Police in the past, including an arrest for minor in possession and misdemeanor battery on two police officers.

When asked if her prior history could've influenced the encounter in the video, she said yes.

"Yeah, how they know my past, they think they can just treat me like that, you know?"

Some residents of Weiser say the video is now the talk of the town.

"I was angry because I think our kids and our community need to be able to go to the cops with anything that's going on, but with that, whose going to go to them?" said Teresa Persher.

The Weiser Police Department issued a statement Tuesday afternoon on Facebook.

"We are aware of the situation with the YouTube video concerning the adult female. The matter is currently under review. We cannot make any further comments at the present time, as it is a personnel matter."

There's a video, too, watch it.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

VitalSigns posted:

I think motivated reasoning is going to make it harder to convince people to believe Obama made Republicans end Medicare.

When Trump tells you scrapping NAFTA will magically bring back all the good 1950s jobs, you want to believe those jobs are coming back so bad, especially if Clinton's best counter at the debate is "well that's your opinion".

When Republicans tell you we just can't have Medicare anymore, well you want Medicare so not many people are going to say "oh well I'll just lie down in the street and die when I retire no biggie". Assuming there's a Dem challenger who says "no we're not getting rid of Medicare why the gently caress would we need to do that".

I don't even understand why post-Bush Republicans are always trying to destroy Medicare. What does it get them, who is lobbying for this. Insurance companies don't want to insure a bunch of sick old people, doctors don't want to lose business, old people vote, people in their 40s who would be hosed over first vote, what possible upside is there to doing this? For anyone??

It's not about cutting Medicare it's about giving vouchers that gently caress over the poor and line people's pockets.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

By the way, SNAP's the single greatest ROI of any government expenditure.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Winkie01 posted:

Man if I just replace muslim with the word jew....

Replace it with 'gun-owner.'

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Kobayashi posted:

I swear to loving god if there are actual, literal camps I hope I have the courage to riot until poo poo changes. loving hell.

How to riot: grab brick, throw.

There's also pretty good guides out there on how to neutralize poo poo like tear gas.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Pollyanna posted:

Be like me, and assume you're already dead! Then, you are truly free.

Now who wants to bash the fash?

Ahh the Jem'Hadar philosophy's solid.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Grouchio posted:

Sanderistas are starting up a reverse Tea Party movement as we speak. I hope it goes far enough to replace the majority of the Democratic establishment in the years to come.

Hey getting pissed off worked for the racist poo poo heads so why not? Just hope we don't go full Dino purge and get idiots like Leftist Christine McDonald or whoever nominated. So really just no Jill Stein folk.

Also gently caress off with the urban vs rural poo poo. It's not a zero sum game. It's symbiosis more than anything.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Hollismason posted:

Ah I see the reasonable " Uproot Rural Poors to somewhere Else" has infected this thread as well. When has relocating a population other than because of a disaster ever worked.

What the hell.

Yeah it's not like the rural areas supply urban areas with anything important. Cash doesn't flow the other direction much, though.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Actually the worst type of person is the suburban white dude who blasts hick pop out his lifted truck that's never seen mud outside a highway shoulder.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Furnaceface posted:

Dont the majority of farms receive government subsidies? Pretty sure thats money going the other direction.

Also most farms are heavily automated these days. It only takes a small number of people to run them so you still end up with a bunch of unemployed people with no local job prospects.

Yeah that's what I meant by cash not flowing out much. I didn't want to say farming, too, since that's excluding other raw materials like mining.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Furnaceface posted:

Everyone should hate the suburbs. They are a pox on the land and a money pit that will never be satisfied. :colbert:

Densification and full communism now.

I'd accept suburbs if they had a reliable public transportation.

Mostly because I want a back yard to BBQ and drink beer in.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Grouchio posted:

How do you know it's from March?

One of Trump's positions back then was this exact thing.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I forgive a lot of rural whites for buying into a scam. The line's whether or not they use Trump as a justification of their racism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Spaced God posted:

https://twitter.com/OlympiaJoe/status/799058101999521792
Has anyone brought up the Trump senator who wants to make protesting a felony because it's terrorism?

Does that include banks like Wells Fargo?

• Locked thread