Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
pick a goddamn year, is it 1942 or 1944 ffs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

The Kingfish posted:

I just realized that Bernie and Warren are the leaders of the party now.

:unsmith:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

the 2020 primaries are going to be hilarious when Tim Kaine shows up in them thinking he has a snowball's chance in hell

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Oh Snapple! posted:

Do you think Democrats want Bernie to have the reigns and would actually allow him to take them if he himself actually wanted to?

who loving else is there? the clintons spent 30 years making the democrats their personal machine and it got trump elected

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

americong posted:

I get the vibe that sanders is genuinely just less of a dingus than corbyn

sanders is plainly too old to be the leader of the party anymore though imo

if only we had some genuinely talented politicians who also loved commie poo poo

i mean he can be the spiritual leader but yeah he ain't running for anything other than his senate seat anymore

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

resar posted:

purge the clintonist revisionist counter-revolutionary scum.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Shadowhand00 posted:

How about the newly elected senators (Harris and Duckworth?) Do they have a chance of becoming a part of the leadership?

i mean they can be involved but its way too early for them to think about a serious run for president

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I think enough time has passed to talk about how scapegoating Russia and painting Trump as an agent of the Kremlin was a dumb idea.

i mean it is true

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Adventure Pigeon posted:

Someone who makes tweets like this

https://twitter.com/johnpodesta/status/786988264985100288

is probably not gonna be harnessing much populism. Good riddance.

oh dear lord he actually loving tweeted that

how out of touch can you be :psyduck:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Venom Snake posted:

Podesta being rich n out of touch did not cost hill the election, her not taking charge of her candidacy or owning anything cost her the election. Instead of standing up she was nice and courteous.

of course not but its like "loving really dude? you're posting that in october of an election that's very anti-elitest. did you think for a loving second?"

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

HannibalBarca posted:

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/11/hillary-clinton-loses-2016-election-214439

"Bill Clinton complained throughout that Mook was too focused on the ground game and not enough on driving a message-based campaign. Without a chief strategist in the mold of Penn or David Axelrod, the campaign was run by a committee of strong-willed aides, struggling to assert themselves in the same space."

bill is scum but goddamn the man knows how to run for president

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Typo posted:

was bill ever wrong about anything even in 2008?

consent

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

anyway does anyone know when the DNC chair is chosen? brazile is only the interim chair. bernie is too old to run in 2020 but he could literally run the dnc

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

reignonyourparade posted:

The best part about Bernie for chair is it's frankly something we can actually work towards. Contact the committee members for your state and yell at them about it until the new pick. It's probably a longshot but it'll feel good to be trying to accomplish SOMETHING.

plus it's a good goal to start getting organized around so there can be cadres ready for 2018

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

man remember when Clinton said it was okay to be a Wall Street stooge because of 9/11

good times

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

reignonyourparade posted:

Well looking into it, it looks like it's much harder than i thought to find out who the DNC members for your state are. The 100 "Chair and vice-chair for each state party" chunk is much easier, but there's also 200 "apportioned by population, generally either elected or chosen by the state party" and smattering of other people.

i found the list for california on cadems but reading the DNC charter it seems there is no such thing as a interim chair. I guess brazile just uses it to indicate she doesn't want to do it forever but theres probably going to need to be a popular call for bernie before the DNC members actually have a vote

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Larry Parrish posted:

Anyway the DNC nomination rules are oligarchic and serve to only oppress the voters the Dems claim to support. Register with the PSL folks

3rd parties do not work, take over the dnc from the inside while they're weak

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Nonsense posted:

Donna Brazile was foolishly arrogant in handling Hillary's general-election phase, and the debate stunt did nothing but energize TRUMPers

chairman bernie shall make no such mistakes

:bernin:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Weeping Wound posted:

and then a nightmarish image of Bob Avakian handing out Absolute Basics to Dems flashed in my head :cripes:

speaking of i definitely saw at least one of chairman bob's acolytes holding a sign at one of the trump protests tonight

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Shadowhand00 posted:

Interesting - http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/senate-races/260946-eyebrows-rise-in-california-as-kamala-harris-makes-changes-to

I didn't realize some of the situations with her.

There aren't that many great politicians in CA if you think about it then. Jerry Brown? Gavin Newsom? The mayor of LA? All of them have significant flaws and will not appeal to someone from the midwest.

i hope the west coast secedes and forms the Imperium of weed under god emperor moonbeam

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Oh Snapple! posted:

check it and see

got a fever of a hundred and three

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Freemason Rush Week posted:

you're absolutely right, democrats simply have not punched left enough yet

third parties do not work in first past the post electoral systems

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

lmao

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Beachcomber posted:

Honest question: would we be better off keeping the phrase '* privilege' out of politics for at least 4 years?

not really as it wasn't why we lost

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Shadowhand00 posted:

During debates, she should have talked about it rather than just pointing people to her website. I doubt many people even looked at those pages after she mentioned them during actual debate time.

i'd wager decent money her website saw nothing in the way of spikes every time she said that

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

the whole go to hillaryclinton.com thing is utterly amazing thinking about it for more than 5 seconds now

you're on a goddamn national stage being watched by 80+ million people and you won't list a single policy you're running on and instead tell everyone to go look at your website

WHAT THE gently caress

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

man that trump fellow sure is bad huh? good thing i'm not him

what are you running on again?

go to hillaryclinton.com to find out!!!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Zikan posted:

lol if you thought Clintonism would die immediately

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/10/us/politics/their-leadership-lean-democrats-turn-an-eye-to-rebuilding.html?_r=0

his profile on his think tank bio literally has this as the first line sounds like a winner imo

also purge the party imo

lol he's claiming responsibility for dukakis in a tank? every other dukakis campaign aide said dukakis just really wanted to listen to the running commentary the tank crew was providing hence the stupid loving helmet since it had a crew headset in it

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

also lol i guess lowtax has made his toxx decision finally

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Oh Snapple! posted:

bruce rappaport

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3LE15AyT5g

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

the washington post is p bad but the do have some good people

in conclusion the washington post is a land of contrasts

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

HannibalBarca posted:

Some more grist for the mill on my "the machine failed" analysis of this election: http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/305339-clinton-world-dumbfounded-by-hillarys-election-defeat

God.

lmao russ feingold asked for help and they did nothing ahahahahahahahahahahaha gently caress the clintons forever. tar feather and shame each and every hillaryman

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

what the gently caress did they spend money on if not downticket races that needed help? 450 mil on Hamilton tickets?!?!?!?

Raskolnikov38 has issued a correction as of 18:15 on Nov 10, 2016

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

yeah god forbid the guy that campaigned on actually fixing healthcare go stump for a ballot proposition that would have lowered drug prices

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

save us bernie

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Karl Barks posted:

lol doesn't mention hillary clinton once

let her name lay upon the land as a curse for a thousand generations

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

mastershakeman posted:

my co-workers have been hyping him and Gavin newsome all morning

oh man, you guys thought romney was a robot? wait until you meet gavin on the national stage

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Thoguh posted:

I don't quite understand the anger at people like Bernie and Warren that some are expressing because they've said they'll work with Trump on populist issues. He's president whether they like it or not and there is real crossover in what he talked about in his campaign and what they want to do. If they can get part of their agenda passed with a republican led house and senate who cares if Trump is the guy signing it in to law?

i mean bernie's whole message was "hey if trump proposes something good (which he won't) i'm willing to look at it otherwise he can eat poo poo"

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Lawman 0 posted:

he needs to gently caress off as does everyone who was in the fuckbarn clinton white house

Reich joined Team Bernie from p much the get go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

hahahhahahahahaahaahahahahaaha*slowly descends into weeping*

• Locked thread