Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

The west coast in blue disspite the democrats not because of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

The biggest challenge is going to be convincing people voting for dumb poo poo like commissioner every year is actually super important and effects more than home owners. I don't really have an idea where to start on that one

Start from scratch I guess. Say here is what the commisoner does and here is how it affects the issues you care about. Problem is getting that out there to people en masse and what to do about the "My vote doesn't matter lol so jaded" morons.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

she shoulda spent the entire meeting trash talking trump to his face then recorded it to make her look tough and principled imo

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Yinlock posted:

"why bother" is the exact attitude that got us into this mess

get pissed and do something

Seriously, the gops rise was not inevitable. This election was not won by trump, it was lost by hillary. Saying gently caress it is exactly how this situation happened to begin with.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

100 degrees Calcium posted:

holy crap this thread is bipolar

Yeah as far as I can tell there are tolwo kinda of posters in this thread, dudes trying to get involved amd poking the thread for ideas, and cowardly milkdrinkers who 180d after the election and are ignored by the first group since they'll whine post until the dems make gains wherein they'll 180 again

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Gringostar posted:

can i be a third way poster and just be here to poo poo post?

shitposting is a form of dissent

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

LegoPirateNinja posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuBvxb2UUHo

Taxes are cool and good. gently caress, issue Infrastructure bonds and let everyone pay for it.

Problem is even when you say your only going to tax the rich the middle class immediately assumes they are next and panic, because the majority of them have poo poo finances that can't handle financial shock

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Karl Sharks posted:

you must know different americans than i do, because they are super loving concerned about their taxes and think anything the government proposes is going to raise them

No joke do what trump did with the wall, demonize the ultra rich as useless parasites who are responsible for outsourcing all the jobs, say you'll make them pay for it without ever bringing up the dreaded 3 letter word.

Unlike trump, actually follow through on it.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Karl Sharks posted:

trump said tax all the time, oh my god guys we can't not say tax because the political genius said it, what do we doooo

lmao congrats on missing the point of that post and getting pissy over dive bar grade politics chat

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Karl Sharks posted:

what was your point that i missed and haven't already agreed to in this thread?

I was mostly saying that saying you'll raise taxes can backfire quickly enough that dodging it by implication is easier and more effective for riling up a crowd, not that saying the word TAX will immediately make people poo poo themselves regardless of context.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Karl Sharks posted:

but my point is you can't do that every time

and that point was already made and i agreed wholeheartedly, which is why i thought you were trying to make another

Guess we wound up arguing in circles then, whoops. Like I said, dive bar grade politics chat, poo poo like this happens. My bad.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

imo the reason trump won was less due to his own virtues and instead because of mass incompetance by the Hillary campaign, and that people are better off looking at what the she did wrong (everything) and critically examining trumps campaign for what he did right rather than assume trump is the wave of the future

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

suggesting people go to uspol should be probatable imo

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

A lot of red states are only red because the democrats don't do poo poo in them, either due to incompetence and/or lack of funding from the national level

Which causes them to get swept during the election.

Which causes people to write them off as red states, and then not put any effort or funds into state and local parties

Which causes them to get swept during the next election

and it goes on and on and on

Agean90 has issued a correction as of 20:04 on Nov 28, 2016

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Hillary turned 2016 into a real time reenactment of the tortoise and the hare, if you gently caress up that badly you don't get second chances

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

anime was right posted:

that still doesnt give me a reason to vote for hillary

no one loving liked trump already

when an epic rap battle of history video does a better job of bragging about your candidate you have a problem.

Seriously, she was in the administration that killed Bin Laden how do you not hammer that home every debate.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Thoguh posted:

Why do you feel the fact that she was a member of the cabinet when they took out Bin Laden is a reason to vote for her? Is there some news I'm unaware of that she personally exerted some type of influence or had some bright idea that led to his death?

If anything that would just be a reminder that she really enjoys droning brown people to death.

Yes because we all know how much americans hate it when people are droned.

Trump hammered that he was a stronger leader and fear of Isis was a driving factor for many trump voters. Saying "bitch I killed Bin Laden, you ain't done poo poo" how much of a role she had is irrelevant, what is is that she claim a part in getting something done that the majority of Americans (especially in trumps camp) would regard as a good thing.

Ultimately though, she had enough things wrong with her campaign (lets use reverse psychology in Wisconsin lol) that a change in how she presented herself likely wouldn't have changed the outcome dramatically without change elsewhere so I'm pretty much just bullshittin v:v:v

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Thoguh posted:

But she didn't kill Bin Laden. Some navy seal did. And Obama gave the command. She was just around for it. Like I said, is there some info out there that indicates she was more than a passive observer?

Doesn't matter. It's all about making yourself look good

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Powercrazy posted:

Small Quibble, the campaign justified their lovely spending in Michigan to "psyche-out" the Trump campaign. Wisconsin they just ignored.

I knew it was one of those states but I forgot which one, thank you for the correction. :)0

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Oh Snapple! posted:

good lord the comments on that 538 thing

Since Nate was the only person who was right this year this should in used to troll the gently caress outta hillmen

Has this been posted in uspol yet

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Serf posted:

It has more to do with the fact that unhealthy food is cheaper, and the working poor have little time for exercise when they are holding down several jobs at once.

Also costly, gym memberships are a reoccurring fee many people can't handle, equipment requires a lump sum that can't exist, and trying to jog poor rural areas occasional ends in getting chased by wild dogs (personal experience on the last one)

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

what are we even arguing about

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Stexils posted:

god there is nothing i hate more than the "he said/she said" type of reporting, its why i cant stand 90 percent of big media news. i dont want news to just regurgitate what all the official positions are, i want them to contextualize it with facts and whats true and what isnt

Can't do that because then I can't report it as it happens and you cant fill the whole 24 hour with all the bs trimmed, hence why CNN and msnbc are choking on DT tweets

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Fiction posted:

I think you just want to be right about technicalities instead of caring about how to best effect change.

u realize this describes 90% of the thread right

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Fiction posted:

it wasn't always about this :(

the thread or the Democrat party? Heyooooo

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Ive been thinking about majing a local politics involvment thread, but i havent attended any local meetings yet due to the holiday season so I'm holding off until I can put together an op with a modicum of effort

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Well What Now posted:

Democrats suck because they don't understand that you have to actually win before you can purge the infidels and the ideological criminals. I'm sure Homework Explainer can back me up on this.

but enough about the leftist goals thread

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

AceRimmer posted:

"Ha, all these dumb libertarians think they're going to be the next Rockefeller when their crazy ideas are implemented!"

*starts picking out a street samurai wardrobe for the cyberpunk future, is murdered by an angry mob for $10 worth of Top Ramen*

stop copying my 5 year plan without crediting me for it thx

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

post more communist hillbilly memes thxs

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

if only they put as much effort into the rust belt as they did innovating texting

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Turning Phil into a communist is cool and good imo

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Fidel Cuckstro posted:

I thought 3rd party votes were up significantly, to the point where Hillary people wanted to blame Stein/Johnson for costing her the election?

If they're up, then the reason they are up was because Hillary was a bad candidate.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Concerned Citizen posted:

Yeah, I'm real mad Democrats haven't solved racism yet.

same, also unironically

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Oh Snapple! posted:

um ill have you know wells fargo is deeply committed to minority interests

Of course, if minorities dont own houses how can they foreclose on them?

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

MizPiz posted:

Muslims have contributed more to civilization than white nationalists ever could; ostracizing them from society would be a net benefit.

It's pretty telling that people specify white nationalists while comparing them to Muslims as a whole instead of specifying wahabbis or what ever

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Treating the dnc like a unified party is pretty much a mistake by this point so I don't see the reason behind panicking over every rumor and half cocked theory.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

I think there are only thing we know for certain: it's highly likely Ellison will be the chair (mostly to mollify the left) and that chaos will reign regardless.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Venuz Patrol posted:

dnc chair is a position with actual responsibilities and authority. if he gets the nod, he'll be doing more than just mollifying the left

It's more like the dnc leadership is trying to mollify the left, represented by Ellison. I think Ellison will actually attempt to get poo poo done, and that the dudes putting him in charge are trying to save their asses in the process.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

HorseRenoir posted:

no you guys, giving progressives control of the national party is just a smokescreen to mollify the left. the establishment is going to create a secret Super DNC that controls the regular one that will run Martha Coakley for president

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Michael Bayleaf posted:

any alt-left hate groups have room. I'm a level 25 eco terrorist

lucky, only ecoterrorist groups whove tried to recruit me were either too wimpy to live up to the terrorist part or lacked the respect to even send someone with a nice rack to recruit me, shameful.

• Locked thread