Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
yeah no trump's gonna put a warmonger in every position that is involved in war

get ready for the forever war part 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
there was nothing, nothing redeemable about trump. drain the swamp? more like drain the swamp directly into the white house. isolationism? more like nuke everybody until we are the only ones left

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Al! posted:

its ok you guys he has a plan to solve the middle east

kill their families

remember? That plan he had???? To kill their families??????!!

the plan has been expanded to kill the families of everyone who could be a terrorist, thus preventing them from having terrorist ties in the future by ?????

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i'm the red vermont

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
WE WILL NOT GO QUIETLY INTO THE NIGHT

WE WILL NOT VANISH WITHOUT A FIGHT

WE'RE GONNA LIVE ON

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
you guys are really trying to look for a fight

keith is already endorsed by everybody except for the other people running. it's over

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
they rarely have shows run by women and the most recent set of shows to be announced had no women showrunners

which is like, okay but then the guy who actually runs Adult Swim ran out to defend it as if it was okay, rather than just an aberration

also they have that alt-right run show which continues to be run and not immediately canceled after they realized the showrunner was an alt-right fuckwit

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

AngryBooch posted:

I'm totally OK with a dude who knows Senate rules like the back of his hand running the Democratic opposition at this point. We're going to need to pull every loving obscure rule and trick out of the closet to even pose as a speed bump to Republicans at this point. I want to see Schumer super-gluing pennies to the goddamn floor and pulling out the script to the mothballed Home Alone TV series for prank ideas.

You know who was good at that?

Harry Reid :smith:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Radbot posted:

Honestly, this is an example of a very pervasive and subtle form of liberal racism. It's important for liberals to virtue signal (flying the transgender flag in front of GS headquarters, celebrating women being the CEOs of large corporations, etc.) but they don't want economic change because they are racist and they don't want to pay a single dime more in taxes or goods to support universal healthcare, or a higher minimum wage.

It makes sense. Why do Hillary-style liberals think economic justice is racism? Because they hate minorities and want them to stay in their place. In America, money is power - thus it makes sense that urban, effete Hillary supporters want to make sure blacks and Latinos stay poor.

They ignore poll data that SCREAMS "Blacks wants jobs. Blacks want money. Blacks want financial security." in favor of an paternal, white ideology that favors "diversity" (aka, more diversity on corporate boards) over what actually has historically lifted people up.

I'm laughing at this irl and also loading up my browser

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Radbot posted:

Why am I not surprised that your ilk laughs at liberal racism? Keep perpetuating it.

lol you were like one of the few actual bernie-or-bust people who unironically went for trump. go away

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Modus Pwnens posted:

That and when you say, "Yes, but let's do this thing that helps white people the most first, and we'll work on those things that really impact you later," they have good reason to believe that later won't come.

The left doesn't exactly have a great track record on including blacks/minorities in our sweeping programs (see GI Bill, Social Security Act) and we need to be mindful of that history even if our intentions are good.

(I'm still for free college.)

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
kill you're parents

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Top City Homo posted:

Check it out HA GOODMAN WAS RIGHT

but jill stein didn't win!!

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Dan rolle was right, he was being ddosed for googling bernie sanders

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Hell yeah an election that I can have an actual voice in

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Samurai Sanders posted:

I've seen "fake news" thrown around a lot recently but like Zuckerberg says, is it merely factually wrong or just opinions people don't want to hear so they call it fake?

factually wrong

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
lol if you think that THOUGHTCRIME livestreams would be allowed in trump's america

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i'm really looking forward to standup comedy in trump's america

until it is banned and we are forced to listen to excellent conservative comedians like

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

The Oldest Man posted:

"Senate Democrats’ Surprising Strategy: Trying to Align With Trump"
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/17/us/politics/democrats-house-senate.html

Really though, is anyone surprised by Democratic leadership playing quisling to a monster?

This is essentially identical to Bernie's pseudostump speech.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
On a similar note to not reading the article before posting it, I had a Facebook friend unironically post the Huffington (or Buzzfeed?) article with a clickbait title "This is how Bernie Sanders can still be President", but two lines in the article admits it's all a lie and it's trying to make a point about people sharing fake news. It was fun.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
ha goodman is still receiving those sweet wikileaks checks

alternatively, he has no purpose in life other than to write about hillary clinton

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

don't tell me that my favorite 90s TV star is a filthy conservative

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
this entire election was orchestrated by BIG FOODS to sell millions upon millions of dollars of food survival kits

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

during the nuclear apocalypse they're going to shuffle into their salt caves and become lost to history

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

ThndrShk2k posted:

Ron Paul strikes again, this time with a steal of a deal on a freezedrying machine!

only purestrain gold will help us through these dark and trying times

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
stay safe hillary

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i always wanted to live in vancouver despite having only visited there once, it seems like a nice swell city

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Powercrazy posted:

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA. gently caress it. Full Fascism now. We will sort it out after idiots are dealt with.

:chloe:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
global warming is a myth *rolls coal*

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Eh, I'm not as pessimistic and I think the dems could change from this. The beating they took was extraordinary and they're obviously looking to new blood and try and rework, rejuvenate the party.

over time will it slowly change back to their old ways? yeah sure probably. but I think generally the fact that they were way too full of themselves has shown that nothing should be taken for granted

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i'm angry and i want blood, screams internet comedy forum posters

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Powercrazy posted:

Being against the first amendment should be a huge red flag.

bad videogames should be banned (from steam)

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
videogame ratings are the epitome of the first amendment, says crazed local man

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
polls were calibrated for the last 8 years of obama, and not modified to reflect the changes in candidates involved. of course, it's a bit difficult to modify the sample without having an election year to base it off of, so yeah 2018/2020 should be better.

but those polls were all bad, from beginning to end. doesn't justify the laziness and hubris that the HRC campaign showed in their "firewall" states especially since they were drowning in money, but at least they were doing it off some sort of logical reasoning, even though it was flawed.

i really expect 2020 to be a really good year for the dems as long as no real fuckery happens. you have the COASTAL ELITE LIBERALS who will forever remember were they were when trump was announced to be the winner (and will hopefully vote), and a heavy focus on the rust belt states which will continue to die under trump/republicans. 2018 i'm hoping for just plain survival, some of those seats look to be pretty awful and it still requires a good amount of education for democratic voters that hey, midterms are important!

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

bump_fn posted:

sir this is a johnny rockets drive thru

i am appalled

that i didn't know johnny rockets had drive thrus

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

i've unironically detached myself from my usual sources of news because i'm still in denial

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
purge the blemished! ideological purity forever!

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
sir, I asked for the low-salt menu please

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
are you all referencing an old fulchrum post or did he come back, i probate for primary salt both ways you know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

loquacius posted:

The one I just quoted was from 3 pages ago and this morning

there he's dead now

• Locked thread