Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Doltos posted:

My intriguing prospect of the year is actually a QB and his name is Brady Gustafson. Shotgun only giant of a QB for Montana that's built like a twig

A thick NFL linebacker is gonna murder poor Mike D's kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Is this draft class bad/shallow enough that a team would give their first for AJ McCarron?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Browns rumor

quote:

The team has put significant time and resources into finding its long-term solution to its ongoing quarterback problem in the 2017 draft. With the college season winding down, multiple sources said the team's scouts and brass are very high on Trubisky.

Trubisky has not received as much press as higher-profile quarterbacks, but the junior and first-year starter is one of the better prospects in what is perceived as a shallow QB class, and sources said the Browns have been particularly impressed by him. The franchise, which uses a heavy reliance on analytics, has strong grades on him, and it's not a secret in the scouting community how highly the Browns rate him.

"They love him," a top evaluator from another NFL club said. "Trust me, they love him."

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Benne posted:

Mitch Tribusky is the most obvious first-round trap since EJ Manuel
EJ Manuel's coach told people not to draft him early. No one is THAT obvious anymore.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

But who did he vote for?

haha as if there's any question
You mean the guy that said people overlook him as a football player because he's white?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Doltos posted:

I don't have a problem with short QBs. I have a problem with middle height QBs with lame names. I'm looking at you, J.P. Losman's of the world!
RinglessRiversComic.jpg

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

FizFashizzle posted:

DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO MITCH TRUBISKY
Panthers first round pick.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Jake Butt and Weston Steelhammer to the Bengals. I want only cool name players.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Doltos posted:

It's refreshing that we're starting to lock in the pick order. On a side note I wonder how many top 15 picks are going to tank their stock to avoid playing for the Browns
Garrett already said (in a passing, joking way) that he doesn't want to play for a cold weather team.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Shangri-Law School posted:

Who's the best name? I'm thinking Weston Steelhammer or Corn Elder.
Jake Butt.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Intruder posted:

Calm down, it was a joke. Leave the worrying about the draft to people who still have a team

a neat cape posted:

gently caress off
:laffo:

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Every mock that has the Bengals reaching for a DE despite having a holes with good players left upset me.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
In this mock draft, the Texans pass on Deshaun Watson. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000779541/article/bucky-brooks-mock-draft-10-senior-bowl-effect-on-first-round

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Browns are gonna take Garrett #1.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
holy moly

quote:

Myles Garrett, the general manager?

Indeed, one of the 2017 NFL Draft's top prospects is already proposing a trade. The star defensive end from Texas A&M, a Texas native, would like to play in his home state for America's team, and he has a suggestion for Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones:

"I'm speaking to you, Jerry," Garrett said in a video clip posted Friday by ESPN. "Mr. (coach Jason) Garrett, make it happen. Dak Prescott leads our team right now. I need you to take Tony Romo, take a couple picks, and give them to Cleveland so you can pick me up. Please, I'd love to play in Dallas, just make it happen."

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
How does someone get tickets to the draft? Philly is close enough to drive to and I'd like to boo with everyone.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I'd draft cats over dogs because dogs are all overrated busts.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Diva Cupcake posted:

Mike Freeman has a few notes. Hue wants Trubisky and Sashi is like lol no. Coughlin also apparently loves Fournette at 4.
I read Hue wants Myles but the FO wants a QB.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Diva Cupcake posted:

It's funny how the Jets drafted 3 QBs that all feature on Mayock's Top 5 and all 3 of Geno, Petty, and Hack will be poo poo.

It might be the team.
Just because they're ranked doesn't mean they're good. I doubt he stood on the table for any of them as future franchise QBs. Who you should be embarrassed for are the QBs that couldn't be better than folks like Hack.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
If the Browns only had the #1 pick, would Garrett still be the obvious pick or would we be having the "which QB deserves to go #1?" conversation?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
How are you a professional football executive and don't know Joe Montana went to Notre Dame?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
How many Can't Miss guys have busted recently?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Diva Cupcake posted:

I still think 2 QBs will go in the top 10. Silver says that Hue has no say in the Browns pick and they're actively trying to trade up into the top 10, specifically for Trubisky.

https://twitter.com/BrownsChalkTalk/status/856509371152568320
If Hue doesn't have a say then I hope they hired the football mind he was asking for in that room full of analytics folks.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Casserly made a mock draft where the Browns trade to 4 for Trubiski, and the Jags move back to 12 and get Watson. How would that fly with Jags fans?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
There's some Reddick to Bengals smoke, which is interesting and new.

• Locked thread