Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Shibawanko posted:

those are the best fries in amsterdam and possibly the world, theyre really good and theres always a queue
Are they Truly? They look like BK fries to me which are pretty dire.

Captain Monkey posted:

It’s just a weird bit. They were told how to make ketchup and told about natural/sugarless ketchups you can order online the last time ketchup chat happened.

I think you're getting someone else confused with me, I can say I'm fully aware of how to make ketchup, I just don't like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Shibawanko posted:

https://vleminckxdesausmeester.nl/en/

they're popular with tourists but i went to university near this place so id often get one too, there's probably a few places in belgium and maybe one or two in the netherlands that are better than vleminckx but a lot of them are gimmicky skin-on truffle fries and things like that, this style is best and plain mayo is the best fries condiment

Sick, man. If I ever wrangle up the cash to get to Europe I'll check it out. May I ask what in the gently caress is Samurai sauce?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Captain Monkey posted:

You've been whining about juices that taste a bit sweet as if you've never bitten into an orange in your entire life for like a page now. Also there was another ketchup guy who was completely flabbergasted that tomatoes might taste a little sweet.

This is a misinterpretation of my position wrt ketchup. Which is that it's disgusting and most ketchup sold in the us is loaded with corn syrup. I'm well aware that tomatoes have sugar, and also aware that even homemade ketchup is disgusting because why would I be paring a sweet sauce with any savory item.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

People who think they're an expert on a subject because they've watched one poorly researched video by someone with no historical training are morons.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It's smooth, no contest. Why would I want to crunch my pb&j

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I agree smooth belongs in the kitchen and crunchy in the trash

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The alternatives to the bombs was thousands of tons of chemical weapons and mass starvation of non combatants in Japan. There was not an option to not have thousands of deaths, that was never on the table after japan invaded china, Korea, and most of southeast Asia.

1. Tokyo says no unconditional surrender: On 17 July Foreign Minister Togo sent the following message to Ambassador Sato"
"We have been fully aware from the outset that it would be difficult under existing circumstances either to strengthen the ties of friendship between Japan and Russia or to make effective use of Russia in ending the war. The present situation, however is such that we have no recourse but to make efforts along those lines and we cannot be satisfied merely with keeping Russia from entering the war against Japan. We have therefore decided to recognize the Russians wishes on a broad scale in order to obtain their favor. Negotiations for that purpose are necessary ------[Word uncertain, possibly "prerequisite"] for soliciting Russia's good offices in concluding the war and also in improving the basis for negotiations with England and America.
"Although the directing powers, and the Government as well, are convinced that our war strength can still deliver considerable blows to the enemy, we are unable to feel and absolutely secure peace of mind in the face of an enemy who will attack repeatedly. If today, when we are still maintaining our strength, the Anglo Americans were to have regard for Japan's honor and existence, they could save humanity by bringing the war to an end. If, however they insist unrelentingly upon unconditional surrender, the Japanese are unanimous in their resolve to wage a thoroughgoing war.
"The Emperor himself has deigned to express his determination and we have therefore made this request of the russians. Please bear particularly in mind, however that we are not asking the Russians Mediation in anything like unconditional surrender."

https://nsarchive2.gwu.edu/NSAEBB/NSAEBB162/33.pdf
From intercepted Japanese Diplomatic cables between the Russian Ambassador and the Foreign Ministry.

Regardless of how you feel please look over at least the data here

https://nsarchive2.gwu.edu/NSAEBB/NSAEBB162/index.htm

And if you want to debate it don't do it in this thread

Gaius Marius has a new favorite as of 01:57 on Mar 9, 2021

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Those toe shoes are the dumbest poo poo ever

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

An addendum to that, homemade mayo is the poo poo, and pretty easy if you don't whisk it by hand like an idiot (me).

Second addendum, mayo is not a dipping sauce and putting anything dippable in it should result in a fine

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I didn't realize it was an unpopular opinion but children should be taught to cook at a young age so they can become acclimated to the kitchen in a safe way. And not be totally helpless once they're let loose, If you have a teenager who cant dice an onion you need to get on that poo poo ASAP

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Coyotes are loving assholes man.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Daylight savings is the best poo poo ever when I get a free extra hour of sleep, and terrible when they steal that hour back

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Anybody living on an island or visiting one is certifiably insane. Large bodies of water are the greatest threat to humanity that's ever existed. Willingly surrounding yourself with it is lunacy.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Telemaze posted:

You won't even visit an island? Ha ha are you from the midwest

Any body of water larger than a bathtub should be regarded with the utmost caution. Humans were never meant to swim otherwise we'd have gils. Boats are an affront to the natural order of things.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Telemaze posted:

I also can't stand Clueless.

gently caress you, clueless is a great movie

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The secret is to cut the packaging when you get home, then let them get nice and stale over a couple days before you eat 'em

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

Nah, I've been in plenty. I know it's a stupid wrong opinion, doesn't change that I believe it though. That's what this thread is for. Also it only hurts if the bottle doesn't break.

Captain Monkey posted:

lol you've literally never been in a fight in your life.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Captain Monkey posted:

there was a relevant part of the quote from solice that you didn't manage to read that proves, to me, that they've never been in an actual fight, especially one where a bottle got broken. can you find it?

hint: it's the part i cut and quoted!!!

Yep. I'm not gonna throw up a bunch of gore images in the thread but you can google 'glass bottle face scars' and find out how much of an internet tough guy solice is being right now.

I'm agreeing with you bro, I also believe he's never been in a fight

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

doverhog posted:

Cuts don't really hurt when they happen, especially if you are drunk. You might notice them only when someone else freaks out or you notice your hands are red.

Kinda depends on how sharp the instrument is, I've cut myself with Razors and My own Knives and not noticed until I saw blood or rubbed it against something. Getting cut with a dull knife where it tears the skin loving hurts like hell.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

"Some blame also lies with the paper, though – paper edges are not as smooth as they might appear from a distance, and can leave a rough trail of destruction on the skin, rather than a good, clean nick."

https://www.sciencealert.com/why-paper-cuts-hurt-so-much-according-to-science-2018

It's not sharp, as one would expect of pulverized wood pulp.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Sports being pseudo-war actually rules. When France won the World Cup in 2018 I belted out La Marseillaise at my roommates and it felt so loving good, especially after all these american fuckers had made jokes and jokes about the awful 2014 France-Germany game. Only time in my life I've ever enjoyed saying a national anthem.

All the fun of war but without the horrible parts.

I refuse to believe any American ever gave a single poo poo about a soccer game.

doverhog posted:

Sports, and e-sports too, in general are about domination, one side attempting to defeat the other. They are simulated war. Battling for supremacy. MMA strips away most of the pretense, and that's why it makes people uncomfortable.

Even boxing has a lot of rules that separate it from the actual contest, very hard to care about a boxing match after mostly watching MMA, it just looks so artificial with the clinching to ref break, the huge gloves, etc.

MMA is imo boring as poo poo, I loving hate watching grappling especially when they ban all the really dangerous grapples so you end up watching two guys wriggling on the ground for five minutes.

Boxing is super fun to watch but is almost inscrutable at a higher level unless you watched it for years, and the sport has been cannibalizing itself for decades with how it's set up.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I don't see how causing another person pain is a problem, they both signed up for it, and they can quit whenever they want.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Tatami galaxy

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Monster is like 80% filler. It's story is also really low grade. Not like a hbo like a starz show

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

No idea if they added anything but it's a hell of a lot faster to read a manga then to watch 100 hours of boring anime

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Animal-Mother posted:

HP Lovecraft was actually less racist than the average white American man of his time and the people who think the opposite should do a little research into how insane things were back then.

This is just completely untrue. Lovecraft's personal life is fascinating and explains a lot about why he felt the way he did and why he wrote the way he did. It's absolutely something any lovecraft fan should look into to add to the depths of their understanding of his work.

Being like, oh he wasn't super racist for the time is some real bullshit.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

what kind of madlad recommends a 150 ep series for someones first anime?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Gripweed posted:

Or Reconguista in G but only if the person asking for recommendations is very, very cool.

Hell yeah

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Catcher in the rye is a great novel. Franny and Zooey is his masterwork though.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Gripweed posted:

Play MGSV and tell me The Man Who Sold The World doesn't rip.

That isn't his version

But scary monsters was a far better album than the pleasure principal

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

People with Tattoos gross me out, you can tell as soon as you see them that they make poor decisions in life

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Elissimpark posted:

I want to like the Vaselines more - I get Son of a Gun stuck in my head pretty frequently - but they seem unable to write a whole song. They get a catchy verse and chorus going, then seem to run out of ideas and just play the first bits over again.

This feels like a lot of ninties rock, and not in a good way like in the eighties

Btw is that Evola as your avatar? Dude was one of the nuttiest lads I've ever read

Captain Monkey posted:

I hate that I feel this way, but I do. I try so hard to not judge people in real life, but.. goddamn every single tattoo looks so loving awful.

It's so bad when it's some cringy Video game BS, or random Kanji, or a poorly drawn face, or an Ex. Just like stop.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Interesting, he's the lad who created the term robot, I've heard the story but never put a face to the name. Yeah being a dracula probably would've been a better choice for Evola at least, rather than becoming a superfascist. He was even a count.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Can i please be a 6'6 ripped bodybuilder rather than a fat hobbit. TIA

Look up lee priest, dude destroyed guys a foot taller with his physique. There's nothing stopping you from having a body like his

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

There was a point in my life where I was working part time at a gas station, I needed money so bad that that year and a half I subsisted almost entirely on expired Gas Station food. I would rather blow my brains out then ever eat anything off a roller grill, or a hot holder again

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

People who only read Harry Potter should be put on a rocket to the sun

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

gently caress all nuts that aren't peanuts. Bullshit overpriced plant balls.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Harry potter seems to have way more staying power. I hardly see anyone talking about ponies anymore. And steven universe fandom seemed to die the second the show did.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Adults who watch cartoons are weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I think you guys are missing the actual point Shib was making, quote unquote real literature is simply better written and more interesting than fiction that's churned out by ghostwriters ten a year.

Reading a dozen Starwars EU novels or what have you is the equivalent of spending half your day watching Pawn Stars, we've only got a limited amount of time here. Why would you waste it on low quality works?