Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT

why even tax the poor for this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

hi nn youre like a half hour away from where my uncle lives now thats pretty cool

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

west virginia at that. WV is a state that hosts a state wide annual road kill cook off

im for it

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

Horseshoe theory posted:

So I see GBS already has a stickied forum invasion thread - pretty quick, all things considered.

just in time for the only mod to go to bed too

im hoping for a bloodbath in the morning but kinda doubt the admins will actually approve the well deserved bans

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

Neurolimal posted:

I like you

please leave

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

Neurolimal posted:

Idk why people get unfathomably cheesed about inoffensive dumbjoke posters, i rarely even cuss

Idk how some people go outside if having a diff opinion in a really boring text way is enough to be callout levels of rivalry lol

why do you want to be posting in a chat thread where nobody likes you or wants you to be there? that is odd to me

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

Neurolimal posted:

Idk if I've ever seen you post outside dadchat

itd be nice if id never seen you post

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

Volkerball posted:

I have no idea who you are

hes a worse poster than you

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

theyre coming for you avs

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

Avshalom posted:

iirc he thinks i'm blackmailing an admin or something so they let me continue my reign of terror

people on the internet are weird

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

cinci zoo sniper posted:

positive adjectives do not belong to the same sentence as politoons

xylo was basically what kept me reading politoons far longer than i shouldve

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

oh man howd i forget about rorus raz him too

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

in case anyone is wondering about the schedule of events today here you go:
https://twitter.com/DLin71/status/822297346520285184

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

Mustached Demon posted:

Yeah suburban type neighborhoods are now popping up in the lovely "country thang" communities an hour or so outside major cities.

The local one here's Star, ID.

Theyve got these all over Johnston County, NC.

You can literally watch the housing bubble building if you drive around out there.

That many people do not need $300-400k homes 45 minutes from Clayton.

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

The Muppets On PCP posted:

it makes historical sense that johnston county (behead all those who refer to it as joco) is the new dumping ground for shitbird yankee conservatives given it was one of the primary hotbeds of klan activity in the state up through the 80s

It's still a hotbed of klan activity they just took down the sign that says "Welcome to Klan Country" (Klan Kountry)???

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

ReidRansom posted:

yeah but OTOH I"m going to be there in a week and I can't yet buy recreationally :mad:

all I wanna do is get high and walk around the san diego zoo and disneyland and poo poo and now I gotta find a hookup :mad:x2

My experience in California was that this was actually absurdly easy. People kept giving me hash because with all the weed being grown around there people just give giant bags of pot leaves away and people make hash out of them.

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

ReidRansom posted:

I'm good with smoking it, fiancee not so much. We were planning on some edibles of some sort. She still has friends there though, and we're pretty sure at least one has a card. I can't get one as a visitor, I guess, and she's concerned about her DEA license if she got one, though it probably wouldn't be a thing.

When I was in San Francisco there was literally a guy in a park who was carrying around big containers filled with chocolate weed truffles and sold them super cheap. I wouldn't be surprised if San Diego had something similar.

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Random and even organized counter street violence to the literal Nazis didn't keep them from power. Antagonizing centrists meant that they ended up siding with the safer gangsters. But please, don't let me distract you, you're looking for license to yell mean things at people or cheer others when they physically attack them, don't let me get in your way.
Oh yeah I'm sure if we'd just spoken out against them instead of resorting to crude violent methods we could've stopped them.

Oh wait my great grandfather literally did that before dying in Dachau.

My only problem with punching Nazis is that they're unlikely to die from it.

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Yeah, okay, the next step is calling me a Neo-Nazi, I don't play these stupid games anymore. Y'all want a license to be just as despicable as the people you hate, don't for a moment think I believe you that it comes from any honest assessment that this is the best way to defeat them.

I wouldn't dream of calling you a Neo-Nazi. I think that's a supremely hosed up thing to say to a jewish person. I do think you are dangerously naive if you think fascists are defeated by discourse rather than force.

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

Absurd Alhazred posted:

They can be defeated by many different tools, depending on the situation. Even if it calls for violence, it shouldn't be lauded, lest people get a taste for it.

If the people get a taste for violence against their oppressors horrible things could happen. Like actually pushing back against the capitalist class!

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

Really how can you look at this and think anything other than "a good start"? It literally doesn't make sense to me.

The punks have got this poo poo figured out, neonazis find it much harder to recruit when every time they gather they get beat up. It's a useful form of preventative tactics.

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

If anything thinking that a decent beating has a chance of turning a nazi around is humanizing my enemies

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

I do find it telling that you referred to it as snuff at the beginning. I assume that you know the nazi isn't dead right? So why would you even say that? If video turns up of a neonazi meeting being mowed down then we can have that conversation but you went into this conversation from the very beginning exaggerating the harm to the nazi. You are doing more work to empathize with the literal neonazi than the people who feel a sense of empowerment from seeing somebody standing up to them.

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

Absurd Alhazred posted:

If they're violent, you protect yourself. If they're plotting violence, literally, not "this is the logical conclusion of their ideology", you expose those plans and get them RICO'ed. Otherwise you keep an eye on them and try to make sure they don't sway or intimidate others.

Waiting for the metaphorical knife to be at your neck to defend yourself is just foolish.

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I'm not doing it for his feelings or for him to remember I was kind. There are values and principles that go towards what a democratic society is.

Anyway, I'm done with this stupid conversation, which reminds me why I wanted to quit D&D before I got modded.

This being a parting shot, I'm expecting a probation, my first in more than a year, any time now. :wave:

:jerkbag:

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

Seriously though people are going to ride liberal ideals straight into the grave

"Well sure he's putting in work to grow a group that wants us dead or subjugated but if we use any sort of force to stop that aren't we as bad as he is?

I'm sorry it's absolutely antithecal to democracy to move against them until they've grown their numbers and power to a point where they feel ready to strike!"

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

This doesnt sound to me like the student initiated the altercation. I think the guy yelling "You’ll be out of the country you [expletive] illegal" may have instigated it.

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

Ceiling fan posted:

This is a really late comment on my part. Because I am behind the times.

I think this is the very essence of punishing people for having the wrong opinion.

Anybody that whines about how they're going to be probated should be probated for their martyr complex

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

Filthy Hans posted:

There's a huge right-wing fake news attack on this SNL writer, with stories ranging the journalistic gamut from the widely respected Washington Times to the daring Infowars. My guess is the tweet was faked.

regardless of if its fake it is funny

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

that was definitely one of the worst ones

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

hope it works out for them

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

The Muppets On PCP posted:

lol of course he went to duke

want to punch him even more now

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

Posted this in another thread so thought I'd go ahead and post it here because it's good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfDbTgb6uyc&t=8s

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

i literally dont know what to do with my life when i dont have places to put tweets like this

https://twitter.com/acekatana/status/925484012478504960

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

on the bright side the slack failure comes just in time for my avatar to be seasonally appropriate again

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

im the people responding to tweets about terrorist attacks with "a lot like tRUmp amirite"

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

visceril posted:

What happened to the slack???

afaik all of slack went down

https://twitter.com/MattBors/status/925519785244241920

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010