Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
drat, we weren't even close to getting the ticket for the Ariana FB thing. 250 Lapis and 70 NRG for free is okay though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Is it worth getting Lightning to 100% evade? Looking at the list I have everything I need, including Dracwell's cape, but 5 of the TM's I need aren't even at 10% so that's a loooooong term project.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Waiting to catch a few more strategies before I clown it up. Haven't used any of the 100 Mog cactaurs yet, in case I decide I need to level some weird unit for it. At least it's only 15nrg as opposed to the 40nrg trials.

For the first time ever I'm tempted not to pull on dailies, and I'm a big proponent of always doing them. Pulled a TT today to go with the 2 Setzers I have. I'd keep pulling in the past, but now that I have 100+ max nrg, as opposed to 70 or whatever back in the day, the lapis refill keeps looking better and better.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Lol, stupid Esper summons

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
You'd think I'd know, playing since launch, but what stat is best for tanks? HP or Def? Some balance of each? 70-30? All in?

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Somehow I stumbled into a 3rd Setzer today. Am I better off with my TGC/Olive/friend TGC for chain/finish, or 3 Setzers/Friend Setzer? Or I suppose I could roll my 3 Setzers and a friend Setzer and finish with Olive

Also it's really convenient to have a dedicated arena team so there's no equipment switching.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Swoon posted:

After a buffing miscalculation, I can safely say that Dana's Lightning is pretty good for soloing the dragon.

She works solo? What did you mess up?

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Thanks Portal App!

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
As strategies go, leaving your lvl 100 Minfilia and taking your 4* trash Minfilia instead sucks, but hooray for brute forcing it I guess. Glad I wasn't trying to 4-person it.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
At least I fired off Min's pathetic 50 damage limit break at the right time for my sweet 10 Lapis.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I like how they not only whaled for 5 Aileens, but also to 6* them presumably.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Completely forgot Titan came out with the last story update and just stumbled into the fight with him with a Dark Fina friend unit to do wind damage for Laps. Took 9/10 of his health down first turn and figured I'd be set, but he killed everybody but Cecil on his turn. Thought I was sunk as Cecil obviously can't do damage for poo poo, but Olive's Mortar Beacon killed him. For 2* I just opted for 2x TGC and Olive and smoked him.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Woo, 10 days of a free rare pull, starting tomorrow.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Overkilled on healing/mitigation with DC Refia/DC Y'sh/DC Cecil/Friend Marie and had my Olive blow him up. Never in doubt. Screw the Esper kill, got the rest.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm whiffing hard on this banner (and the free daily). Probably about 25-30 pulls and no banner gold unit. Only 2 golds were Agrias and Gaff. Not bad golds, but it's Gaff #4 and I already have 2 Bracers done and at least Agrias #8 and I made a StQ. Got a 3rd Cecil as a blue of value. Sitting on 190k raid coins hoping to at least pull the gold before I start piling up moogles.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Dang it, this trial is going to take more than 30 seconds of thought. I'm sure I have enough TMs and good units, just didn't put them together right on the first attempt. What's the best damage strategy for the upside down tree looking thing?

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

new kind of cat posted:

Which units other than olive benefit most from doublehand?

Future 6* Garland!

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dana Crysalis posted:

For all of you that checked yesterday but not today: Crystal Tower got patched today to have mission rewards, go getcher lapis.

That was an easy 250 lapis, although I forgot how annoying the "maze" was to get through. Looking though the old event pages they should bring Tower of Babel back since I think that's the only event I tapped out of on ELT.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I don't even bother with status is arena. I bring 3 Exdeaths, Dark Fina, and Trance Terra for 6x meteor and 4x ultima. Everybody dies.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cartoon Man posted:

Unless you lose turn 1 and they have a Rem who uses AOE Siphon...
:argh:

Yeah, doesn't matter what your team is at that point.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

No, I've lost to teams with good MP regen when I have Siphon Delta'd them.

Sure, but that's when you do it, not get it done to you.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I don't see how the computer is able to do something a human player cannot, though?

Makes sense I guess. All the more reason I just use direct damage.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
After every 1/2 pull and about 20 tickets I never got the gold mage on the dragon banner, after the 1/2 pulls and 5 tickets on this banner, I have 2 Kings. Funny old game. There are worse golds to miss out on I guess, I just want to get rid of those 20 Moogles.

Anything of note on the new continent yet?

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

BDawg posted:

King's pretty good...

If you want each auto attack to take 30 minutes.

I can pair him with Queen and she can devastate for 30 minutes with him.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Totally botched ELT but still got through because I took a full party. Nice to bust out Xon again to Twist of Fate the boss. Pretty much all the damage I did was from Fiss' Freya.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, Xon has an ability that steals enemies' buffs and applies them to the party. It's pretty situational, but when it's useful, it's awesome. Every couple of months there are events with currency you can get from stealing, and his steal all ability is perfect for it. It's also situational so you may go weeks without needing it where he just sits around. For that reason he's worth working on, but not an immediate priority.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Welp, did an 11 pull and got 1 of all 4 banner units. Sweet.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Also went looking for an apron today, but after reading the thread I stopped after a 1/2 pull and 2 tickets of 2 water sword ladies and some guy I don't even know.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So I hear the Shark at the end of the gathering is a step up, like how much? If I chain 2 TGC DR's and drop Olive's LB during the chain will that be enough?

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

NinjaDebugger posted:

It's gonna be a fifth Lightning, I just know it.

Would be 4th here

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
12 tickets and the 1/2 pull got me one gold, Nine

Also got me 2 rainbows, Elza and Vargas.

Tillith odds: confirmed

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm happy with my unit management. With TM power creep, I'm smooshing a lot of old ones. Also weeding out copy units of TMs that I want, but not enough to ever run multiples of to speed it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Keep throwing tickets at the BF banner and no Tillith. Today was my 4th Rainbow on it. Vargas, Elza, Queen, and Rem. Would trade any of them for her

• Locked thread