Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rio
Mar 20, 2008

I just bought 20 more slots because I want more goon friends! I am still a new player with a scrubby but soon to be great Elza - I play daily, send gifts and appreciate any help offered by adding me! 986 394 722

Edit: might as well add a question. At the recommendation from the old thread, I am using 5 star Elza, and all 3 star Lenna, Vivi, Kefka and Rydia.

Some units I have gotten since last asking are 4 star Luna, Russel and Alamo but I assume they are not worth swapping into my team. I also got Renaldo, Penelo, Shantotto, Sabin, Celes, Kujo, Duanne, Galuf, Kenyu and Arc, all 3 star. I heard that all of the Exvius units are trash but are any of the others I have here worth swapping into my team?

Edit 2: my team is around level 30 right now too so I am pretty invested in them. I have been ignoring Rain et al - I assume that the default characters shouldn't be leveled?

rio fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Nov 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rio
Mar 20, 2008

How long should I realistically expect before I can play the arena as a new player with characters in the 30s? I don't mind (infrequently) dropping 10 or 20 bux on the game but I am not planning on being a whale - it seems like it will take a very, very long time before I can hope to play in the arena.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

You should be grinding those cactaurs while they're around, man, get your dudes up to speed for the arena. If you spend the next week in the XP Vortex, you should be good enough to start going.

Do I get cactuars from the xp vortex? I have done that a few times but don't remember getting any.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I got a CoD to drop and got it awakened to 4 stars. Only problem is it took a slot on my team so I am wondering who I should keep and who to swap out. I was trying to figure out whether to keep Lenna or Rhydia and chose to keep Rhydia. I have a friend who has her maxed and when I swap her in she doesn't seem particularly strong; what is her strength? The Limit Burst? Right now I have Elza, CoD, Rhydia, Kefka and Vivi. I know that Vivi should be swapped out eventually (like, I have an Arc I could swap in but he is not leveled and only 3 stars vs Vivi's 4 and being level 40 something). I was leveling a Garland but I read that CoD replaces him so that was an easy decision.

So my choices are replace a seasoned Vivi with a fresh off the boat Arc, drop him for Lenna, replace Rhydia with Lenna, or keep the team as is. I am getting decent characters pretty often so I know that my team is not set in stone but right now it seems like the big keepers are CoD, Elza and Kefka.

Also I have not been doing many explorations or town quests because I find them pretty boring. Am I missing out on essentials? I could force myself to do them if I have to.

Edit: sorry one more question. Should I be using my tickets on the generic rare thing or one of the others? I haven't been going in on the Brave Frontier one since I have Elza already.

Edit2 Sorry for all the questions! I can only use the Adv Experience dungeon - it looks like there is room for another difficulty but how do I unlock it if there is one?

rio fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Nov 25, 2016

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Thanks for all the advice so far. This thread in general and also those providing specific advice has been awesome since I am still pretty clueless.

I saved up enough tickets for a ten +1 pull and I have enough crystals to do another one but I got all of the featured characters except Gilgamesh. 3 Buttz, two Faris, one Exdeath (all 3 stars) and the other 4 were garbage.

So now I actually have TOO MANY good characters and have to decide on which team to level first. My current team, after the recent recommendation to use Lenna earlier, is 5 star Elza and 4 star CoD, Lenna, Kefka and Vivi. I was about to swap in baby Arc and had started leveling him but now I probably shouldn't because Exdeath.

Obviously it is time to retire Vivi. I assume I should put Arc on the back burner and put Exdeath in my 5th slot. That leaves Buttz and Faris - should I drop anyone from my team and start focusing on them? Also should I be enhancing characters rather than keeping multiples?

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Thanks a lot for the help! I am digging this game a lot more than I expected. Going to have to be careful about whaling out but so far so good. My only complaint is that I wish the story and exploration wasn't gated behind energy costs. I can understand special dungeons and dailies but when I just want to sit back and play the story mode it sucks having to take breaks.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I just started the arena today and it has been pretty fun so far. How does it work when people battle me - do I get to see results on how my team did or do I get anything for the matches I win when people choose to fight me and lose?

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I finally got my 3 recent 3 star pulls to 5 stars each so I have 4 5 star characters on my team! (CoD, Faris, Exdeath and Elza who was already 5 star). Lenna is still 3 but I'll work on her next. These Black Friday bundles have been helpful.

Question - what are the mechanics of the rewards based on who I am choosing to fight in the arena? If I choose someone lower rank, equal, or higher rank are the rewards different? I am not seeing too much difference but maybe I am missing something. Should I just be choosing the scrubbiest opponent that I have from the choices each time?

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I got the Bell (harp weapon?) from the event dungeon and have no one good who can use it...and I can't get anything else to drop that I can actually use except the dumb joke swords from Gilgamesh. This is my first try at an event and it is pretty disappointing. I can almost beat pro level and I will try again tomorrow, but it seems like a rng bullshit fest to get anything useful out of it. Is that how these events typically go?

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Twisted Eye posted:

Oh, nothing drops for this event, it's all first-clear bonuses only.

Oh, I was wondering where that bell came from since I didn't remember it dropping. Ok, well I'll just hope that something useable comes from clearing pro once my friend list refreshes tomorrow and I choose some diesel Lightning to come with.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Thanks for all of the info guys, and thanks for the Ramza - I am going to add you now because that spear from pro is right up my alley as a weapon for Elza.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Fiss posted:

Generally the events alternate between a King Mog event and a one time clear event. Usually the King Mog events have easier bosses since you are meant to grind them.

If you need help you can use my Ramza. He can solo pro using dualcast drain or you can use focus and fullbreak and two round him with dualcast ultima. 180,156,530

Well that was easy - you were certainly not kidding about soloing Pro. I had no idea that one character could just double cast drain and be invincible like that.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Edit - never mind, figured it out.

rio fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Dec 2, 2016

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Mischalaniouse posted:

I pulled a Sazh, should I put him up as my friend leader for bonuses even though he's level 1?

I also got Sazh, on my half pull. Is he worth leveling at all?

In other news I now 6 starred my Elza and she is up to level 70. Such a big damage boost with 5 vs 6 stars.

Also it sucks that there is no black magic in the arena this week but my team is Elza, Faris, CoD, Lenna and Exdeath so I guess losing damage from just one character won't gently caress me too hard. I don't really have anything else to sub in for Exdeath though since I have been focusing on just leveling my A team.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

So does the publisher (is that what Gumi is?) have total control over what they do with the game? It seems really odd and hosed up that one localization gets sugar and another gets poo poo just because of the publisher.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I've been getting so many Fartz from half price summons in the past week. I already have his trust mastery to 30% so I think I'll focus on putting trust moogles into him as well since his reward is supposed to be good.

rio fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Dec 6, 2016

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Mrit SA posted:

Doublehand is okay, but moogles should really be reserved for either Zidane, Gilgamesh, or Ludmile.

I don't have any of them :( ... I am saving my tickets since I was getting nothing great from the FF5 banner (at least I got Faris and Exdeath but I was hoping for a Greg) and Lighting is coming up. Should I save my moogles then and wait until I have something better to blow them on? I was hoping for Doublehand to be a nice boost but then again I do need my Elza to double attack without the gimmick spear she currently has from last week's dungeon. I just don't know when I will ever get it.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Any advice where to get gil and lots of it? I got 35 gigantuars from gears and realized, poo poo I don't have any gil. Should I be getting it in the vortex or is there a better way?

rio
Mar 20, 2008

So with that extremely low rate for Orrandu is it even worth saving tickets for it or should I blow them trying to get a lightning? I don't have a lightning so unless her rates are also abysmally low then I think I should spend my saved tickets on her...although I'm sure I'll just get Bediled either way.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I was lucky and got a rainbow Elza in my first few days of playing but it artificially inflated my hopes regarding pulls. Haven't seen another one since of course. But I can't complain too much because although I have gotten a bunch of garbage, I have also gotten Exdeath, CoD, Lenna, Faris, Kefka and some others that I don't use like Fartz, Garland, and others in those tiers, not to mention multiples of some. The problem now is since I have my A team the only upgrades for me will be units that are rare and hard to pull...

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Uh, so I have hoarded 11 tickets, and while I am not planning on spending them on this poo poo banner I clicked the multi pull just to check it out....can you not use tickets for an 11 pull? If so what a loving crock of poo poo.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Used all of my tickets against my better judgement...5 Fangs, Hope, Celes, Kefka and a few BE scrub characters. Good poo poo.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Any suggestions how to get good items? Weapons, armor, accessories - I need them all. I am in the middle of the third island and started doing story content again hoping that I find a town with something good...not sure that I will find anything but I'm not sure how else to upgrade my bad items.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Has anyone pulled a unit and then not had it show? I pulled a Zidane and just went to view it and it is not there - it was the only worthwhile pull I got blowing my tickets too...

rio
Mar 20, 2008

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Do you like dragoons? Then, yes.

It's there. Sort your units by game for a minute.

I've tried sorting by game and every other way and it is not there. I wrote support but am not hopeful. It particularly sucks since it was not just a random pull but literally the only worthwhile thing I got from blowing all my tickets on this banner.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Any suggestions how to turn my gears into gil? I am trying to figure out if exchanging them for items and then selling the items would be more efficient than just selling the gears. I am perpetually poor trying to max out my characters with cactuars.

Another question, whose lb should I work on leveling first - CoD, Elza, Faris, Exdeath or Lenna?

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Don't pull guys, it's a trap. (Decided to pull two more seeing the luck here, got two more fangs making 7/13 pulls today Fangs. She is the new garbage unit for the week I guess)

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Any tips for the second trial? The metal gigantuar destroys my team since I can't kill it fast enough, then the bombs are fine but the third battle takes me out since I only have two or three team members still alive from the gigantuar fight. I am guessing I actually need an A+ team and can't rely on just having a strong friend?

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Is Charlotte good? Googling around it seems like she is good (I saw a recommendation that she is actually better than WoL?). I don't have a tank on my team and don't know if she is worth swapping in - my team is CoD, Elza, Farris, Exdeath and Lenna.

Oh and I used my free ticket and got another Fang. That is 8 fangs out of 15 pulls for those counting.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Well, I just got a blue crystal on my half pull that reformed into gold and it is Refia. I have maxed out CoD, Elza and Faris and was working on maxing out Exdeath and Lenna...Lenna was just about done but I thought I'd ask, I should drop her like she's hot and start leveling Regis I assume? Like, is she that much better than Lenna that I should consider those resources wasted and start fresh with Refia?

rio fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Dec 14, 2016

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Ok, thanks for the advice. Sucks having leveled Lenna since she really do much for me in the time I've used her but oh well. Getting the awakening materials is going to stink to get her to five stars but I have most of there six star awakening mats so I just have to get over the 5 star hurdle.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Where the heck can I get brilliant rays? I read they are in the pro awakening dungeon and have been hitting it hard - I also needed wicked drops and they are dropping (slowly) but I have not gotten one brilliant ray. There are a few from the king moogle but not enough...I wish I could grind gears for them because unless I am in the wrong dungeon (I hope so) they are absurdly rare or I am just really unlucky.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Killing Vector posted:

Yeah, the low number you're seeing there is the amount that you have, not the amount he has to sell.

:aaaaa: Whaaaaaat...wow I feel dumb but that is awesome. Thanks! Anything to avoid hitting my head against the pro awakening dungeon more.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

You know what this game needs? A real money auction house. To sell evolved units and the like. Gumi could take a cut of the sales - everyone would make money and everyone would win. There is no down side.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I am conflicted. I stopped playing when Ariana Grande came out. It was a coincidence really - I thought it was fun as hell and didn't like being forced to see some dumb pop star every time I opened my dumb anime collecting button pusher but really I would have stopped them anyway. I decided to wait until Orlandau came out.

I saw that he is here a couple nights ago and after several app crashes and failed updates (what the hell happened) I got in and burned my 23 tickets. I got:

Soleil
Hayate
Faris
Rosalia
Lawrence
Luna
Xiao
Locke
Lawrence
Edgar
Shantotto
Fang
Lawrence
Ludmille
Bartz
Duane
Charlotte
Shara
Zidane
Hope
Vanille
LUNETH
Leon
Fran

So now I am conflicted. My team has been Elza (my only rainbow), CoD, Faris, Exdeath and Refia. They are all maxed but my items aren't anything special as I have not trust mastered anyone. I have two Zidanes I was working on but that was when I burned out. I have some other decent characters too.

I thought that if I got Orlandau that would drive me to play again but now I am wondering...do I come back for Luneth? Friends with Luneth kick rear end and I don't have any double attacks since my Zidanes will never be done so I think having him could be good but then there is the whole leveling him up aspect.

This is more of a rant if anything but if anyone has advice I am just wondering if you still enjoy the game, if Orlandau has broken the game enough to make him worth seeking out still (I don't really want to drop money since I don't even know if I would be playing) and whatnot. And is Luneth powerful enough to make having him somehow make the game better. The trust mastery thing was one of the biggest reasons I got bored so that isn't promising since I feel like I have dead ended with getting my animes stronger.

Another thing that seems nice is that they implemented the summoning rarity changes. I did seem to notice improvements with my 23 pulls. I didn't expect any rainbows.

Also how is Soleil? I have hundreds and hundreds of posts to catch up on since I left so I will get to them eventually but is she a keeper? Would she be replacing anyone on my team? And if I did play and use Luneth, should I replace Faris? I don't really see anyone else being expendable but the full break would be lost.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Luneth is bomb and, with enhancements confirmed, his came in batch #4 which gave him one of the hardest hitting ST attacks. Soleil becomes a decent niche buffer with enhancements (+120% stats or something) so it's worth keeping one if you don't have Ramza.

Btw, the Ariana event is coming back so...

Ahahahaha what the gently caress. Have other events come back? I only played since the Elza event but at least in that time I have not seen any repeats. I think I remember Lightning maybe being twice? What is their reason for this, did it really bring people to the game in any way that it made them money? I kind of assumed that anyone coming to the game for Ariana Grande would have to have generous parents to let their 13 year old buy in app purchases so I didn't think they made much off of it.

Fake edit: that's great, thank you both for the info. I will start working on him then. Elza being my only rainbow has been nice but I don't feel like she is really overpowered in the way I would like a rainbow to be. Of course I don't have double attack or anything cool for her (well, I kind of do since her scythe has double attack built in) but even then, her attack is just not that high.

rio fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Apr 6, 2017

rio
Mar 20, 2008

How can I make my CoD not poo poo? I am using a moon ring blade, which is pretty lovely, and I can't find anything better. She is maxed out but she hits like a wet noodle.

Also is there a guide somewhere about what to do with these eggs? I have a bunch of metal eggs sitting around and apparently they are used for crafting but google isn't helping.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

So it has been a while and I may be remembering incorrectly but where is the button that lets you read character bios and info? I thought I remembered it being the "details" button but that just brings up numbers now and I can't find the bio button.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

This is a weird question but has anyone had any connection issues lately? I am having hard to diagnose internet problems and one of the most consistent things to say there is a connection error is this game. I have to sit and refresh web pages ad nauseum to get the problem to surface and I am trying to plan ahead of someone comes out with trying to show them things that constantly drop connection and I know that a dumb anime collecting game isn't the best proof but I wanted to make sure that the game itself isn't having issues for other people.

In other news, I had a little lucky streak earlier. I logged in and got my 4 star ticket (very cool - I didn't know those were a thing) and got Xon. What is he good for again? I remember reading about people wanting him but I am trying to figure out if I should level him for some grand purpose or if he is a niche character. My daily pull after that was another Zidane so now I am sitting on four of them and I am tempted to smash them together because I just maxed out my Luneth and dual wield is loving great. My only other rainbow was Elza and she isn't anywhere near as good. Luneth is geared pretty poorly but he still outdamages Elza even though I have taken the time to gear her (scrub tier but she is still geared). I have an Enhancer and Mythril Saber on him and my accessories are really bad - 2 power wrists. Are there any easy to get weapons or accessories that I could get for him? I really need to work on better items overall because i have really bad accessories all around and my weapons are not great either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I just got another Xon. It is weird - I see him on my roster but when I try to smash him into my other Xon for TM points he is nowhere to be found. I had a trust mog that I could smuse and that showed but are Xons not able to be combined or something?

• Locked thread