Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Victis
Mar 26, 2008

KataraniSword posted:

So apparently you can get Elza from the half-price dailies still, despite it not being the Brave Frontier banner any more. :psyduck:

I mean, I'm not complaining, especially about my first Base-5*, but still it was more than a little bit of a surprise.

The featured banner is just rate-up; BF units are still available from normal and half-price pulls until the BF banner goes away entirely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Palleon posted:

So what was up with that warning announcement this morning? Are they trying to ban macro users, or are they referring to people who are hacking the game to get TM rewards? Because if they start banning macro users, welp, I'm done with this game.

They've flat out said via customer support: "For as long as these programs don't modify any in-game related features, we don't consider it as abusive or illegal. Though, we don't recommend using them since we're not liable for any account related issues that you may encounter when using such programs." - Reddit thread. I assume that last bit is to cover crying about a macro using up all your lapis or buying 500 item slots or something.

I used an injector for Brave Frontier when I decided to quit, it worked the exact same way. It's a man-in-the middle program that intercepts packets going between Gumi servers and your client and got a bunch of maxed-out units with the crazy orbs. It was fun but I got banned after a week or two. Now, it may have been due to the fact that I was using unreleased units in the arena but they certainly banned a lot of people along with that account.

Victis fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Nov 22, 2016

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Shark Tower posted:

The worst is seeing a 1.5 ratio opponent in arena, resetting the game to avoid crashing, then coming back and having them replaced with a 1.18 ratio. Or holding your orbs and waiting for the next opponent refresh, only to have the next set be even crappier ratio wise.

I'm hugging the 2-3k mark so there IS incentive for me to try for the most optimal path, but ugh, it's such a pain in the rear end and so blatantly gumi/alim Grindy micro management bullshit. Think I'm just going to say gently caress it and fight whomever whenever. So not worth stressing out over.

lmao are you really trying to blame your sperging over arena on Gumi

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

hamburgers in pockets posted:

hahaha this is hosed, so I've got literally 12 people on my friends list between goons and pubbies with FFXIII characters set, and they literally will not show up in my rotation. This has got to be more than terrible luck when nearly 20% of my friends list is completely MIA when I want to actually try Hanging Edge.

Do you literally have a filter on your friends list

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Vadun posted:

Are there any chocobo themed characters beyond Sazh, Refia and (Black Cat) Lid?

I can fill 4 slots with the above, but I want a 5th

There's an actual chocobo knight but I'm not sure when we'd get it.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

KataraniSword posted:

If you don't want to lose the defense from heavy armor for the whole whopping +8 a Black Belt Gi will give you (:jerkbag:) then slap the Force Armor on her.

Ice Armor is kind of dangerous unless you want to null out Ifrit's weakness/strength.

Due to the way damage calculations are done 8 ATK always worth it on a DPS character

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Vax posted:

Are the Knuckles really that important? Kinda meh TM no?

Only good fist for a long while if you've got Snow's TM

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

HGH posted:

Welp. Here comes 5* base Noctis, and they kept his 6* form which kinda worries me regarding nerfs...

They're never going to nerf anything in this game, everything just gets creeped up.

His TM seems fun, castable death that you can slap on anyone... With Ultima and holy on the side

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Vax posted:

:psypop:

Everyone: Noctis + new stuff starts tomorrow.

You can do Charlotte's thing but yeah the new banner and Maze start tomorrow.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Mrit SA posted:

Unless you could use a Chizuru or Mercedes, pull generic.

Speaking of which, decided to blow some Christmas tickets on the Noctis banner...

Mercedes (new) - not bad, let's see where this goes
Fran - smash, not gonna end there!
Mustardio - smush, gotta power through...
Chizuru (#2) - pretty much what I was pulling for, I'm done

Back to hoarding! I feel better after tossing 30 tickets at Noctis last week and getting nada.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

deathbagel posted:

Isn't she the one that was in that doughnut shop and say she hated America and Americans?

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb3i1dejBsI

I don't hear anything about obesity there. This was after she licked a bunch of the doughnuts that were sitting on the shelf too. She is a dumb oval office and wish they would have picked pretty much anyone else.

Also, I'm sure I'll pull 12 of her since I can't stand her.

She didn't lick any bagels dork, calm down

I'm pretty sure every American teenager who isn't a Young Republican gets some 'gently caress the world/establishment/country' ideas, but most don't have a camera pointed at them 24-7

I'm sure glad I wasn't in the public eye for example as I was a loving moron

Strong Ariana Grande opinions in this thread, I love it.

edti: Gumi pls make Ariana meta-defining to make Reddit and salty goons angry

Victis fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Jan 3, 2017

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Nuebot posted:

:shepface: but not everyone has a team of maxed out exdeaths. Not everyone has a refia. Do you not see why it's kind of strange to go "this banner is poo poo, don't roll" right after calling these characters the best or second best?

Are you really that dense? There's nothing in that banner besides Fina.

Victis fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jan 6, 2017

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Top-tier waifu Celes coming through again this event, Runic neuters Fina so hard. One day she'll get a 6* but who knows what niche they'd give her.

Fisting Tent posted:

I thought Ultima was white magic, I'm not even sure how magic is classed in this game.

Ultima's always black magic except for weird-rear end FF2

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

cosmicprank posted:

from stuff? nah, just this game. i didnt see the "speak no ill of this game" rule in the op, my mistake.

I mean, It's a gacha game. If you have zero willpower or make poor financial decisions I would stay away from it, along with most freemium games.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Daily pull was a blue; cracked into a yellow, cracked into a rainbow... Ace.

It'll make farming faster I guess, not sure if I'll use him much though.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Nuebot posted:

So did we ever get clarification on whether pots are a set number of pots, or if it's a stat value?

It's always been a stat value. It's listed on Reddit for the individual units in brackets by the stats.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

hamsystem posted:

What're the other pieces of this puzzle?

Yun's TM armor
Xiao TM Fist
Chiz TM Materia
Miyuki TM Katana
Hayate TM Hat
2x Snow TM Accessory

and Dual Wield + whatever atk passives

Something like that. Basically take advantage of his ability to use all the equipment and the passives tied to them.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

You pulled a Popoi off banner? That means the SOM units are added to the gen population and not limited run?

While they're available you can pull them anywhere... Banners just give a bonus to the chance.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

KDdidit posted:

Finally got a Lightning over 700 ATK. Have a black cowl and Chiri cooking that will get her to 750+. No Brave Suit and 2 materia slots that are meh, but I'll take it.

Are we getting a shot at another decent mage anytime soon? Sitting on some mage pots and wondering if I should just dump them into ExD #3. Already have a D. Fina and 2 Ex's at the pot max.

Emperor is on the banner... I don't think there's gonna be anything comparable to Exdeath at 3 or 4 star on Global anytime soon.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

Pulled 2 Leons, kind of want to pull for a third to make Butz da man, but I also didn't pull a Randi or a Delita and that makes me sad. I also want a 3rd guy because 3 of his TM on Refia just sound amazing. Ideally I'd want another 3/4 for WoL or Cecil too.

Leon's TM doesn't stack.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Nuebot posted:

Anyway, a few days ago a couple of people tossed around the idea that Leon's TM might be made stackable. Did anything come from that or was that just someone's dad who worked at nintendo?

They added (Not Stackable) text to Leon's TM with this patch.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

Sure looks like Noctis, Greg, and others got nerfed drop rates over Emporer, Dark Knight Cecil and other "bad" base 5 pulls.

I mean, that's how summons have always worked? Cecil/Zidane/Exdeath etc. are part of the "rare" 3* pull set, why would 5* work any differently. Thinking it had anything to do with the freebie pull is silly.

Also:

McSpankWich posted:

Coral sword does nothing as the lightning seal is currently bugged to only trigger on hybrid or magic damage.

Water blade IS hybrid damage; equipping a coral sword/kaiser knuckles etc. doesn't change that, just adds lightning/wind/what have you. Also according to Reddit they already patched the hybrid requirement out?

Victis fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Mar 12, 2017

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Scrublord Prime posted:

For the months I've played this game I could probably count the number of times I had a character at sub-3% HP but alive on one hand and never on any remotely challenging content. Damage in this game is just so swingy it's amazing somebody thought 3% HP was the amount needed to "balance" berserk.

:ssh: It's mainly there to proc off her auto-revive

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

At 50% poo poo gets real and if your not sealing lightning correctly, then his newly activated lightning based attack will kill you. The only way is with a Thunder spell or a hybrid damage attack such as Thundara Blade or Noctis' Lightning Flask.

They actually patched it pretty quickly so it's just any lightning damage like the rest

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Servaetes posted:

Are you sure about that? I think it has to be hybrid because I just tried it today and he loving blasted my team off the earth on the second transition phase. I'm making a coral sword right now and have a stone blade crafted so I can try to finish this awful trial. I can get past the first transition but the second just murderers 3 to 4 of my team in one go.

Is mag breaking him critical? I saw his attacks are all hybrid so while he can't be armor or attack broken would that lower the damage a bit? Or have Cecil use Focus to put up Spirit?

Hmm, I cleared it before it was supposedly 'fixed' and the wiki appears to agree that it's still gotta be hybrid. Sorry, I guess reddit is dumb. MAG breaks do work to lower his damage if you can fit them in, and both Spirit and Defense resists the damage as well, yeah.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

:eyepop:

Thanks Greatsword Mastery. I have most of you friended but feel free to add me up. No Ramza or Demon Rain for true BIS though :smith:

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

hagie posted:

Typically all 6* mats are found from King Mog

I don't recall any dropping in the chamber of awakening...

Enchanted Maze drops 'em, every now and then the daily material chest has one, but other than that yeah. The non-Mog events have usually had at least 5x of each too.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

Does DKS not stack with Blade Mastery?

It does, but TGC needs to use a greatsword for his passive.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Lmao daily pull was a rainbow... 2nd Delita.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Ubiquitus posted:

This is really really really dumb.I almost wrote a long rant post about it before stopping myself.

With a host of seed points for an algorithm they decided on time of day? Fjeowofnfodjcopwn

I mean there's literally zero evidence it works that way, the RNG is simply a fickle mistress

Please don't believe random things on the internet so easily

• Locked thread