Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Infected posted:

While the Valentine's Banner looks kind of garbage, Cupid Luna gets Chainsaw and as a 5* has better stats than Edgar, of course her selection of elemental weaponry is rather limited. Meanwhile if the wiki is correct on the stats Cupid Artemios gets a single target 80% ATK/MAG buff.

Luna is way harder to get specific elements on than Edgar, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

hamsystem posted:

I think the next set of TMs I'm gonna work on after the current set finish are gonna be to make the world's most annoying to fight Cecil. I'm thinking Ring of the Lucii, ribbon, dualcast, and 3 +30%hp. I'll pair him with some decent but not great unit as bait and make them my arena team.

Skip the 30% HP and give him 3 (if you can) Melody of Life instead. +60% resist to all elements is hilarious.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Mile'ionaha posted:

Firion's schtick is DW, more than 1 weapons type, as many bonuses to those weapon types as you can get.

Probably look like this:

Kaiser Knuckles (Fist)
Moon Blade (sword)

Black Cowl
Crimson Slayer (synergy with Fist) OR Brave Suit OR Heavy Armor (for Leon's TM)
Champion's Beltx2 (Synergy with Fist)

Dual Wield
Power of Creation
Leon's TM or other +ATK TMs.

If you don't have a Moon Blade or Leon's TM, you could equip Saka+BM.

Firion, more than probably anybody else, is strongly dependent on what TMs you have available to fuse into him.

For instance, if you have a Mana Sword and a Rising Sun, then in the absence of Leon's TM, you're better off running the Rising Sun, ATK-wise. You end up with more attack and a bonus bird-killer. Same goes for a Romulan Pistol, sans the bird-killer.

If you have kaiser knucks but no Yun or Snow TMs, consider carefully whether you want the wind element vs whatever else you have available.

If you have no TMs aside from a dual wield, you can still do a pretty decent job of gearing him. You're looking for Gigas Axe (Secret of Mana event) or Mighty Hammer (FF3 event) or Death Scythe (halloween) in that order, while your off hand is best with Enhancer or Blood Sword for non-elemental, or a variety of fire-typed weapons (Vernard, Candy Gun, Chirijiraden) to complement it.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

hamsystem posted:

Without TMRs Bartz is probably your best all around option since he has so much utility, for pure DPS probably Xiao. If you pull a Cupid Artemois he can hit 500+ atk with really easy to get gear.

Or alternately, obtain a Cupid Arty and give him the killer bow.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

hagie posted:

I've got 10 tickets, and not sure if that's what I really want to splurge on...

I have a Cupid Luna but none of the others.

Nah, not with the FF2 banner and possibly Shine coming up.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

turnways posted:

Marie is cool and good :saddowns:

Really though, at the very least her TM is fantastic for mages.

Her TM is fantastic for healers, too, my Refia wants one so bad to replace her bustier. She would get even more absurdly invulnerable.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Welp, got angry and did an 11 pull when I got nothing but fusion trash from my small stock of tickets. I uh... I found all those rainbows I didn't get when I blew my wad on Randi, and in them were the Emperor and a third Lightning.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

CyberLord XP posted:

Yeah what am I missing on the ELT boss? Is it just a super long fight?

It's hard, but not impossible. At least one person did a proof of concept beating it with no 5 star bases and only one TM (dualcast on Refia), and it's probably doable without even that, just difficult.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Nuebot posted:

Because refia is almost immortal. I would have done it eventually too if my healer didn't get murdered. The one time cecil didn't block, she kicks it and then it was down hill from there. Otherwise it would have been a slow match of chipping that rear end in a top hat to death. I don't think I'm going to bother trying again unless they reveal a secret treasure chest though, I don't feel like fighting a boss for an hour or two.

Who's your healer?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

KDdidit posted:

For some reason I had a good feeling I'd get Emperor on the banner. Do the 1/2 pull, gold turns to rainbow...

A 3rd Lightning? What the hell?

Welcome to the club. Well, except for the not getting Emperor part.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Rubicon posted:

Just started playing and pulled a 5* Emperor with 4* Leon/Refia/Chizuru.

I noticed the awakening bundle for the Emperor and was wondering if that took him to 6* and if it is worth the 2500 lupis?

As it stands, Emperor will get Firaga, Blizzaga, Thundaga, and Aeroga at level 3. These will carry you for a long way. Buying the package will take him pretty much straight to 6 star level 100, but it will also make the game boring as gently caress until you get to the endgame, essentially.

Emperor, Refia, and Chizuru is the core of a good endgame team, so don't worry about it too much and just play. Leon you'll replace eventually, but is perfectly serviceable until you get more 6 star capable characters.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Vax posted:

It does in JP.

Do we have confirmation on whether or not it stacks on global?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

Also my ExBro is biggest that yours, so I'm beating you on length and girth :smugdog:

...yall can get stuffed, I'm at 220,635.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

ZarathustraFollower posted:

Olive:
Doublehand (if it stacks), Power of Creation (have), Quick Assault, Successor (Or twenty-sided die?)

My Olive has:

Sparky (I threw her into a giant pile of moogles to hug)
Black Cowl
Minerva Bustier
2x Bracer

Doublehand
2x ATK +10%
Successor (Shura's TM)

She has hugged 0 pots as of right now, and still has 945 ATK.

No, really.

And she's only level 91, so between the last 9 levels and a bunch of attack pots, she will probably top a grand before I even get three of my 8 Shines farmed.

Meanwhile, my main team is down to 1 Lightning, as I'm running Olive, Noctis, Lightning, Refia, Emperor. Lightning is scheduled for a giant upgrade, as I have Leon grinding right now and pulled a goddamn Delita to go with the demon mail.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Cry Havoc posted:

nice thanks waiting on a memu version

the existing one used 500 lapis overnight and was stuck at entering zoldaad town this morning, but tm was about 6% higher so figured it didn't waste any

but going to wait for a more stable one before doing unattended lapis refill again

The JP memu one worked fine for me all night and is running right now. Just make sure you have your resolution set appropriately.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Kegslayer posted:

I've been out of the loop for a while but what's the consensus with the free 10+1 pulls? Should I be just doing it now or waiting to see if another batch comes before the period ends?

Just do it. It's unaffected by banners, so your only hope here is that they release a set of characters that are all good to have and worth diluting the draw pool for, if you can even wait that long.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

No argument here, in no-TM land, Olive is unquestionably a better pull than Lightning. She's easier to equip, has only slightly less elemental coverage, and has a LOT of really good upsides that Lightning just can't equal, and her damage output is top loving notch. In TM-land, Olive does even better vs Lightning, topping out over 1100 real attack.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Yeah, the western tier list usually rates easier to equip characters higher than others, but even in altema and with other characters having their enhancements out she'd still outpace a ton of the highly rated dps units.

Like just as she is right now she'd be higher than luneth in altema.

If doublehand stacked over here, she'd be the #1 unit bar none with TMs, I think.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

aherdofpenguins posted:

Ahhh piles and piles of every megacryst except light, where's the best place to farm them?

best place to farm every megacrystal at this point is fire shrine.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Kegslayer posted:

Doesn't her innate doublehanded stack with the ability? I have a whale friend who has over 1k attack now.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

CyberLord XP posted:

I wonder if nines Action will stack with growth eggs/itself?

Probably, but unless you're drowning in TMs already, the marginal increase for them is unlikely to be worth it. They will pay themselves off eventually, but take their time about doing so.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Just purged a bunch of inactive goons. Hit me up at 103,135,071 for a whaled out copy of whatever's relevant at the moment.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

HGH posted:

Everyone's hyping up WoL's 6* for its breaker abilities, but what about Garland? I hear he becomes not unlike a Lightning but with Doublehand instead of DW?

He's literally doublehand Lightning with slightly more element coverage, as he can hit Dark, plus Air, Earth, Fire, and Water. He can also inflict Dark weakness. He is a hell of a budget beatstick, especially if you run some others who can either hit or inflict dark damage. If you -have- the dual wields, though, he's not going to hate having one. Unfortunately, without Doublehand stacking, that's not really enough to make him as absurdly long term useful as Warrior of Light's tanking and AOE breaks.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Kheldarn posted:

My current team of Not 6★, But Slowly Getting There* is Cecil, Xiao, Exdeath, Gilgamesh, and Refia. Based on this, I should switch my team from to Xiao > Firion, and Gilgamesh > Cloud Of Darkness, right?

Then, when their respective 6★ upgrade unlocks, replace Cecil > Warrior Of Light, and Refia > Fina?

*That is, all 5 units on my team can be promoted to 6★, as soon as I get the required materials.

Gilgamesh starts at 5, and is outside this chart. Nothing on here really compares to him. Firion is basically an inferior Gilgamesh for most purposes. Firion is better than Xiao, though, especially if you have a (second) dual wield to give him (your first should be on gilgamesh). Warrior of Light will absolutely be better than Cecil once he releases, and Fina gets some crazy poo poo at 6 stars.

I'm confused why you've got all these not at 6 stars yet, though, when the upgraded cactuar dunes have been up all weekend. Just stockpiling? No awakening mats?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Kheldarn posted:

Bartz
Cecil
Cerius
Cloud Of Darkness
Dark Knight Cecil
Exdeath
Firion
Gilgamesh
Medius
Mercedes
Rain
Refia
Santa Roselia
Xiao

With a lineup like that... jesus. I have friends who would stab a nun for that lineup.

DK Cecil, Gilgamesh, Rain, Refia, and Exdeath covers 100% of your DPS, Magic, Breaking, and Healing needs. Get those to level 100 and use them to bootstrap everybody else up in a couple months when the dunes return. When Warrior of Light comes out, you can swap him in for Rain, and you can swap out DK Cecil for Cloud when you need Cloud's support mojo.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Ubiquitus posted:

Anyone that have Gate of Destiny, can you tell me if it is useful to have on Queen? I'm trying to figure out whether I should spend the time to farm it from the Moogle King . . .

It's better than DK Cecil's best darkside-like by a significant margin, in both damage and HP cost, and if you're feeling comboriffic, with dual wield and her shiny new auto-rez, you can have her kill herself and auto-rez into her 200% ATK buff. It's a lot of trouble for a character who is pretty much as bad as a 5 star base can get, though.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Dana Crysalis posted:

Cupid Luna: Accessory with MP regen, yes. yes please. TMR this.

If you have two cupid luna, keep both of her around. She's got surprisingly good stats for a 5 star, and is probably the best character we'll ever get with Chainsaw.

In other news, I have cleared out some old goons from my friends list, and need new, active ones.

If you still haven't got a basic clear of Gilgamesh to get the genji blade, for tomorrow and possibly much of friday, I will have a 100% evade Lightning with status immunity up, equipped with Excalibur and Lad Mirazh (sealing holy and ice). All you need to do is bring her along, get past the third instakill milestone, turn off auto-limit, and then hit auto. She'll take care of the rest, guaranteed. If you can get that far with only 4 other characters, and/or without using items, she will also handle that for you.

My code is:

103, 135, 071 I have at least 10 slots open, and I will keep removing idle goons as long as I have people who want slots.

PS: The reason she's not useful for that purpose after friday is that I'm going to grab that new katana as fast as I can from the event, slam it into her hand, and give her 150% fire resist and 100% evade, so she can solo elite Ifrit as often as people can pull her up on their lists.

NinjaDebugger fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Mar 23, 2017

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

iloverice posted:

I added you (id is Ron), since I haven't completed Gilgamesh yet and this sounds incredibly helpful. I don't think Gilgamesh needs an ice seal, though. Seems like fire or wind would be more beneficial.

This is a good point, so I put chirijiraden back on her.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

hagie posted:

What's the strategy using NinjaDs Lightning?

Very simple. Play as normal, until you hit the third instakill milestone. If Lightning is dead, raise her, then you can turn off auto-limit and hit auto. Sit back and laugh as gil flails wildly at a lightning he can't hit and she slowly carves him up for the win. Optionally, keep your other people alive and try to finish him with a limit break, or while fulfilling other conditions.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Khisanth Magus posted:

I'm doing PRO. My team isn't able to accomplish much of anything on their own in it, I try and paralyze with chizuru, and do some buffing/debuffing with my other units. I've been relying on 600+ noctises and 900+ olives(and a single 800+ Yun) to clear it. The problem with Greg is that he doesn't have the reliable paralyze that Noct has I don't think? My Noct isn't 6* to get fire flask himself yet, although that should happen later today. After which I will be able to do it much more reliably with a much larger subset of companions.

Make sure you've sent me a friend request, later tonight I'll have an elite-soloing Lightning up.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

My test is still running, but I'm gonna say it now. I rushed Kiyomori from the event shop and now have an Ifrit-soloing Lightning up. She is currently halfwayish through a solo of Elite. It will take a LONG time, but if you want to use her, do as much damage as you can, then make sure auto-limit is ON (her limit breaks defense) and hit auto, then check in on it every once in a while. It'll get you an elite clear, guaranteed.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

CyberLord XP posted:

Do what you gotta do, but if you're willing to throw away multiple Gilgameshes why not just reroll until you get a Cid?

Please, if you're gonna reroll, go all in and do it until you get two.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

So I'm recording a video of a full runthrough. Are there any goons who can do some video editing to fast forward a bunch so it fits within the length of a good montage song, set it to that song, and get it up on youtube, so I can post it to reddit as "Lightning's Limit Break Training Camp"?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

NinjaDebugger posted:

So I'm recording a video of a full runthrough. Are there any goons who can do some video editing to fast forward a bunch so it fits within the length of a good montage song, set it to that song, and get it up on youtube, so I can post it to reddit as "Lightning's Limit Break Training Camp"?

Hate to self quote, but I have the video now. I just need to figure out how to do the editing it needs.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Servaetes posted:

Wait someone has a full dodge Lightning that can solo the event? It'd be rad as gently caress if you could keep that up because I'm around 900k and I am still without Y'sholta and yknow, would be cool to get one before this event ends. Doesn't Ifrit himself run away after a few turns?

I'm in the goon spreadsheet, hit me up. I'm gonna leave her up for as long as the event's up, then I'll probably put a Gilgamesh slayer back up. Had a f2p non-goon friend get every goal and he only got his first 5 star base last weekend, so anybody who needs to kill Gil almost certainly can.

hagie posted:

Ok I am researching a Gilgy strategy to attempt this. I am fearful due to no TMR weapons or abilities of any specific note. Also, I have no Lightning, or Noctis, but plan to friend that up. Also Refia looks like a critical piece in most builds, which I don't have.

My thinking:
Luka - Water, healing & Raise, cleanse ability
Bartz - wind & raise
Cecil - healing, tanking can attach ice (spear?)
Rain - fire/earth, breaking?
Snow - water & draw attacks/tanking
Or
CoD - lightning, raw damage, cleanse ability

I'm not quite ready to try this out, but want to make sure I can make it to cheeseville with the dodge lightning, though I do not understand this auto-limit on/off stuff.

I know it will be a drawn out battle.

That party can probably get you there, but don't be afraid to run suboptimal weapons like Trident to seal things. If you got a Primm from the Secret of Mana event, she's pretty good vs Gilgamesh, since she's an off-heal who can hit 5 of his elements innately, depending on what you need sealed.

From what I've seen, that party should absolutely be able to get my Lightning past the third milestone, though, so once Ifrit's down, you'll be good to go.

As for Auto-Limit, that's a setting in your settings menu, down where you set things like continuous auto-battle. It controls whether your Auto command will trigger limit breaks when they're up. For Ifrit, you want it to do so, for Gilgamesh, you do not.

NinjaDebugger fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Mar 25, 2017

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

hamsystem posted:

6* Lasswell looks ok. Seems like he'd be decent against an enemy weak against ice or in conjunction with someone that has heavy hitting ice abilities.

If you've got an ice weapon for him, he generates his own 50% ice weakness on an attack that ignores 25% defense AND breaks 50% defense. It's an overloaded as gently caress attack, and is gonna be used constantly in my canon characters only party for doing story.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Palleon posted:

I can't even beat Gilgamesh now :(

Good things come to those who wait, sir. Come friday, I (and possibly also Dana) will have up either Lightning or Noctis who can solo gilgamesh as long as you can get them past the third milestone, something even my f2p friends with no 5 star bases have managed, with a bit of trying. They've even done the extra goals, though not all in the same run.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Shoenin posted:

Thought I had Dana in my list already, then I saw its because friend lists are full.
Check with Ninja, he's full too.

Pretty please guys, be pals and help me kill this fartknocker boss :(

Removed some 5 day goons from my list, have 3 spots open for people who want to kill elite ifrit for free. I'm not taking down that Lightning build until Ifrit's gone.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Gil-killer Lightning is up now for those who have me on their list. Just get her past the third milestone, alive and attacking, make sure auto-limit is off, and hit auto. She's equipped with Excalibur and Chirijiraden, and is immune to status ailments, so have fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

You can get 100% with Safety Bit.

Lightning innate dodge 30%
20 Sided Die 20%
Kiyomori 10%
Quick Assault x4 40%

I thought I was hosed because I didn't have a Noctis but turns out that you only need Noctis if you don't have the full 4x Quick Assault or a 20 Sided Die.

You can get any 2 of: Immunity to confuse/paralyze, 100% dodge, immunity to instant death.

The only people who can do a gil-soloer are ones who have Dracu Lasswell at this point, for the extra dodge bump to let you run both Discernment and Safety Bit.

The Discernment is NOT optional, because the paralyze from the electric attack ignores evade and once it hits, he can just rain holy blades on your unmoving body.

• Locked thread