Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

So when I get my 20-sided die finished. I should throw my ribbon in my free ability slot, then I can two man Gil with your Lightning.

If you've got Kiyomori and 4 Quick Assaults, yeah. You just have to get both of them alive after the second milestone, then. The third milestone will kill one, leaving one to finish the job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Tipme posted:

But if I buy it I won't be f2p anymore

It doesn't count if you use Google FunBux(TM)

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

They managed to find one of the few ways to make the mogcake event worse. loving event gacha bullshit. Over two million event coins on that loving ifrit gacha and no Y'shtola.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Mr. Swoon posted:

My stat-immune, perfect dodge Noctis is finally done! I don't think he can solo Gilgamesh, but he sure is going to be annoying in the arena.

He can't solo gilgamesh, you're right. If he has a holy weapon while also maintaining those stats, though, he can do the same as mine and Dana's lightnings, and solo once he's gotten past the third milestone.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

HGH posted:

Freyvia's best in slot appears to be a crazy dual wield build rather than a Doublehand one. Needs her own TM, bunch of Letter and Arms, Rainbow Robe, etc...
But she remains a lot more fragile than Orlandeau even with all that stuff.

She pretty much looks like a glass chainsaw. Unless I get two of her, I'm likely to just give her TM to somebody else. Now Xon, that guy's got legs. And hands. Magic loving hands.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

we'd all appreciate it if somebody were to get all the recipes and give us a crafting tree for this poo poo.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

hey girl you up posted:

Burnt 25 tickets trying to pull a Xon and all I got were this lousy Noctis and Dark Fina :smith:

Is there only one each of the crystal eggs?

Yep, they gate the two really good items. The rest of the stuff can be multi-crafted, and if you're f2p, they're pretty loving good.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Nuebot posted:

So is there any reason to make everything from this selection? What does Icy Veins even do?

Unless you are drowning in TMs, everything in this event is worthwhile (except staff of wrath) . Crown of Justice is a fantastic healer hat, Black Bandanna is lil babby f2p Black Cowl. If you have a Refia or Luneth, it is 150% perfect for them, as it shores up the one hole in their disable immunity.

Icy Veins is, for most characters, on par with or better than a domination ring (the 15% atk/mag one), as it gives +18 ATK, +18 Mag, 10% ice resist, and if you want to doublehand it, you can. If you luck into Fryevia and don't have crazy good poo poo to put in those slots, it is -stupidly- good for her, giving her 36 attack and 27 magic each, plus another 9 attack if you give her a real doublehand.

Cold Snap is a domination ring with poison immune for anybody who's gonna wear heavy armor, so treat it as such.

Second Knife is exactly what it says on the tin, it's another dual wield, doesn't eat a materia slot, and even if that second attack is gonna be weaker, it's going to be there, giving you double break chance, or in your first hand, adding an element/stat break before your other, stronger weapon hits.

Magical and Radiant Eggs are pound for pound better than hero rings except for the part where you can't turn them into higher tier rings later, but hey, they don't cost megacrysts, so keep a few handy anyway if you've got nothing better than +10% atk/def or 10% mag/spr.

Palleon posted:

I just summoned my 9th Chizuru in 14 days...It was funny at first but what the hell do I do with this many?

Quickfarm some blade masteries.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

rio posted:

I just got another Xon. It is weird - I see him on my roster but when I try to smash him into my other Xon for TM points he is nowhere to be found. I had a trust mog that I could smuse and that showed but are Xons not able to be combined or something?

Make sure he's not locked (4 star base is autolocked unless you tell the game not to) and that you don't have a filter on that excludes him.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

rabidsquid posted:

Setzer is some kind of ridiculous chainer or chain finisher iirc

Okay so, should you go for Setzer?

Setzer has pretty good stats. Not a great weapon selection (daggers, swords, thrown), but he has, according to the math, a fantastic loving TM, even if its entire gimmick is that it's high variance. If you're not willing to rely on Luck, Setzer is not your guy.

So what does he bring to the table?

1) Decent attack, thanks to +20% attack and +50% ATK while using a thrown weapon, and a base 10% dodge chance if you want to stack quick assaults and d20 on him.
2) A 180% AOE 7 hit physical attack, and a 320% ST 10 hit physical attack. Unless for some reason the timing is really awkward, this means that he is a 4 star chainsaw.
3) A 180% AOE 1 hit physical attack with 2 random status effects (all 30% capped with 100% petrify). This is literally Fire Flask without being hybrid and without an innate element.
4) Double Dice, an attack with even odds of doing (I think these are the numbers) 777, 5555, 7777, 55555, 77777 flat damage, ignoring defense. This means he is a high variance but powerful chainsaw finisher who does not care in the least about high defense.

His limit break, unfortunately, is 'merely' an AOE 270-390% 9 hit AOE phys with 50% defense ignore.

He is almost certainly not as good, in a general sense, as Rikku, who replaces his big finisher with being an incredible support, but she does have her fire flask locked away behind a preparatory skill, and also we don't know when we're going to get her. If the timing works out on the chainsaw, he is probably going to be pretty fantastic, especially if you happen to have farmed a rising sun or three back when Locke and Cloud were the hotness.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

I was running my egg summon macro, and I let it run too long and I found out that it can go off the rails and go into other summon screens when it runs out of eggs.

It went into the egg hunters banner and bought me a 10 pull.

I got a second Fryevia.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Dana Crysalis posted:

I hate you. Also dual wield needle time?

Yes, though on Lasswell. And I still have 17 more of her loving moogle.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

Don't you have Noctis? Because dual needles for his hybrid damage would be good.

I do, but he's garbage in arena right now, and Lasswell dishes out 4,000 damage per round before chain bonuses.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

If you're putting up a Setzer, please put an elemental weapon on, even a crappy one, for chainsawing purposes. I'm going with Fire, since I have Vernard,unless people want to go another direction.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Tipme posted:

Put coral swords on your setzers imo, make my Olive hit bigger.

We're settling on fire weapons. Vernard if you have it, Flametongue if not. This doesn't change Olive being amazing.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Voodoo posted:

And after this screen shot I just threw on an Air Knife, so at least one of his weapons has some elemental damage, but his attack will be a little lower.

Firebrand, please, or Vernard if you have it.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

HGH posted:

Is Rikku's TM worth it? Esunaga is great but I'm not so sure about the rest.

It's half a fire flask and as a bonus you get AOE 30% full break, and the third ability makes it easier for you to keep Rikku's broke-rear end limit up constantly. I'm not sure what more you want from a TM. Putting that thing on bedile would instantly make him a top tier support character.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

:lol: at that Laswell blade flash awakening rating "DON'T GET THIS" upgraded to "PLEASE DON'T"

I'm gonna fully improve Lasswell's skills, because gently caress you my canon party wants this. It's really hosed up that apparently his counter is tied to basic mirror of equity.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Dana Crysalis posted:

I've put up my Lightning again, she is able to solo the dragon (presumably, I haven't actually bothered with it yet, but according to Reddit/theoreticals), she'll be kinda slow at it, but it's safe.

Lightning 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Lad Mirazh +62ATK+Ice Element
Left Hand: Dragon Shield +38DEF+30%Fire/Ice/Lightning
Head: Cat-Ear Hood+25MAG+25SPR+20%Fire/Ice/Lightning/Holy
Body: Flame Mail +45DEF+50%Fire-50%Ice
Accessory 1: Twenty-Sided Die +20%CriticalRate/Evasion
Accessory 2: Ring of the Lucii +3MAG+3SPR+25%Evasion/Counter
Ability 1: Discernment +100% All Status Resistance
Ability 2: Quick Assault +30% ATK +10%Evasion
Ability 3: Quick Assault +30% ATK +10%Evasion
Ability 4: Quick Assault +30% ATK +10%Evasion
Pot Stats: HP: 450 MP: 75 ATK: 30 DEF: 30 MAG: 30 SPR: 30
Esper: Ifrit HP:5000 MP:2240 ATK:5320 DEF:3070 MAG:2190 SPR:2150
Total Stats: HP: 4928 MP: 254 ATK: 500 DEF: 231 MAG: 202 SPR: 237
Evasion: 105% Fire Resist: 150% Ice Elemental attack

How much does the dragon debuff fire resist?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Freebie DK Cecil? Sure, I'll have it! Gonna get me a deathbringer woohoo!

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Just removed idle goons from my list. Got a 918 magic Fryevia up for those who need her, and I can put almost anything up at need.

Hit me up at 103, 135, 071

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Holy moly, I've been a week without a full friend list. What does it take for a whale to get some friends? 103,135,071

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Shoenin posted:

Might be a glitch, probably is, but Lamia's Scythe says it gives 55% atk when looking to spend phantoma.

I thought that was neat.

It does, but only for Sice, supposedly, which makes sense. Too bad not even that can save her from being garbage.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

rabidsquid posted:

it looks like Wilhelm is gonna be on a banner this friday (and it wont have tidus)

maaaaaaaybe they've been holding off on 6* WoL so Wilhelm gets to be the undisputed best tank for awhile. so maybe this means 6* WoL is coming sooner than never. or maybe not.

Wilhelm may end up undisputed best pure tank anyway, with those globex skills. I figured they might do that. I'm surprised they didn't give a little juice to the 4 star, though.

Also, she should have been magitek terra, dammit.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

I'll definitely grind out the gun for Olive so she has an elemental free high attack weapon.

We discussed this on the discord, but the weapon is significantly better than it looks, in spite of its 2-handedness. It doesn't have innate doublehand, but it does have a damage variance of 1.3-1.7x, so approximately a +50% damage modifier, on average.

Basically Fixed Dice with attack power, so you can throw a doublehand on for +60 attack (plus whatever you get from other items. +6 from monster breastplate, +15 from black cowl, +15 each from a Bracer and Ifrit's Claw.)

NinjaDebugger fucked around with this message at 15:28 on May 23, 2017

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Hammerstein posted:

I started playing this last week, but very casually. Only bought the newbie pack and a small currency pack, they really throw a lot of free stuff at you. I completely missed that there is a SA thread, so I'm probably too deep in for re-rolling now.

Would someone be so kind to take a short glance at my roster and tell me who to use for xp and who to keep ? I checked out the tier lists on various sites, but a lot of the stuff is still meta-babble to me and it's gonna be a while til I speak fluently jargon.

Hit me up at 103,135,071.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Grace could be good...

with some global enhancements. It's a shame, she looks so cool!

Oh by the way I drew Grace this morning, guys.

So far 2 Jean, 1 Grace.

Machine Gun+ doesn't seem that terrible at this point, aren't most guns lower than +60 ATK anyway? Firion without a Dual Wield could take advantage, he gets +25% ATK +30% SPR when wielding a gun, for instance. Lid can use it, for when the story trials come.

I mean, yes, if you have multiple Dual Wields laying around (I will have 5 shortly) it's not the best weapon to be lugging around, let alone putting on your friend unit, but it's not the worst thing for a newer player. You gotta make the rest of your team viable, and if those are the cards you've been dealt...

It's a TM, newer players won't have access to it unless they're whaling out. It's not a freebie like Gungnir in the bahamut event.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

Probably to coincide with the launch of the Mana collection game? Would love to see that come to the US and the Switch. (And to FFBE of course.)

No joke, if SD collection comes over, I will buy a switch just for it, and if we get this collab, money will fly from my pockets and make it rain.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

CyberLord XP posted:

Just brainstorming but if you don't have a second Freyvia's Needle Camille's TMR sword is pretty sweet. Lets you get 4x letters and arms without a Genji glove. Eager to try it out.

It's a water sword, so you end up splitting elements. It's a giant hit in damage, unless you're running her alongside somebody who breaks water as well as Fryevia breaks ice.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Splitting elements is good in two cases, and otherwise is absolute garbage.

1) 3+ people chaining together only need one of their elements to match, so if you're chaining people who have very different weapon selections, as long as you can make sure nobody will have -no- matching weapon to anybody else, you can full elemental chain.

2) Chaining works like so: Your base chain is +0.1. Each matching element is + 0.4. If you take two lightnings, give them each a water weapon and a fire weapon, and then use ice blitz, the first one will hit at 1x, the second one will hit at 2.3x. A third with the same lineup would hit at 3.6x. Using the same weapons with area blast, which is 5 hits, will have the first hit at 1, the next at 1.9, the next at 2.8, the fourth at 3.7, and the fifth and subsequent hits at the max 4x.

This means with 2 Lightning, you get 6 out of 10 hits at the full 4x damage. With 3, that goes to 11/15, and with 4, it goes to 16/20. For a long time, I was running 3 lightnings as my front line in arena, and if you remember that video of 5 queens going at it on that rare drop guy in her event, it pretty much looks like that. Nothing survives but a dodge build, period. You can do this with any character with a good multi-hit attack, for instance, Setzer. two dual wielding setzers with two matching element weapons will deal aoe 3500ish damage each, twice, in arena with prismatic flash, instead of 999. And if a dodge build survives that, start dropping slots for joker death.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

new kind of cat posted:

soooooo ... how's 6* Garland? his toolkit seems to completely suck currently at 5* cap, but does he get any worthwhile new toys?

Six star garland is budget Lightning. Innate doublehand, hits 5 elements with AOE, and if you have a dark greatsword for him, or use his "add dark to attacks" ability, he has a one hit aoe phys with 50% def pierce that inflicts 50% dark break. With innate doublehand, if you can stack a second one on him, he makes a hell of a finisher. Once he gets enhancements, his innate doublehand goes up to 100%, his big dark break goes up to 75%, and his buff to make his attacks dark also gives him dark resist and 50% attack for 5 turns.

He's never going to be top tier, since we don't get doublehand meta, but he's a great budget bruiser.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Dana Crysalis posted:

It's gonna be a second Lightning, I just know it. I might throw my phone off a cliff.

It's gonna be a fifth Lightning, I just know it.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Tengames posted:

did about 35 draws on gunmaid and chemist banner, didnt get a single on banner gold once, ever.
Threw 15 tickets at this banner, didnt get a single on gold banner once, ever
desperate to have SOMETHING to level up, i threw a 10+1 at this banner:

60 draws and the only on-banner gold I got is Karl. only tickets left are the base 4* ones and every single event one i havent gotten yet.
with this luck, im going to be screwed when rikku shows up.

Sorry guys, I stole all the luck. 3 10+1's and 30ish tickets fishing for the fashion disaster, and I finally got one in my last pull, but along the way the RNG tried to placate me with Emperor, Elza, AND Vargas.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Culled everybody who's been gone two weeks or more, and I now have a triple man-eater Elza with 17 slots to fill at 103,135,071

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Swordchucks, yo.

EDIT: This story character exclusive equipment doesn't look terrible.

DOUBLE EDIT: 6* Fina gets Curaja, Raise, and Esuna, plus some abilities untranslated by Reddit. No Dualcast? Still, she's finally better than Traffic Cone Fina, which is amazing if you squint and tilt your head.

Hooray, I can get her back into my canon party for story stuff. And with brand new gear coming for them! gently caress yeah!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

jetz0r posted:

Literally staying until June 2020

2) Rain, Lasswell, and Fina should be 100, Sakura should be 80.

3) Put something goony in your profile message, then send out friend requests to people on the spreadsheet, and post your friend code here. Goon friends will solve almost all your problems.

Is there a whale sign on the spreadsheet? Because it's best to send the whales requests first, the more carries you have, the easier poo poo will be.

• Locked thread