Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I finally got my CoD (yes. I spent tickets for her, shut up), so hopefully I can solo-Maranda grind her to max before Maxwell leaves.

Like I just did with DKCecil for the past two days.

:suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

HGH posted:

How good does Krile become?

She gets Dispel, Curaja, Aeroga, MP Refill, and +30% MAG with a staff.

So pretty dang good.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

After two and a half full days of grinding Maranda/Forge, I finally got CoD to 6*. Now to get her to 100 and kill Maxwell.

At least I got like three hero rings out of this poo poo.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

big cummers ONLY posted:

How does this game do when trying to play cross-platform? I have a new android phone that can run it but I've been playing on my ipad at home. Any issues? (can't download it and try right now because I'm not near a wireless connection)

The only issue is that your lapis is tied to the platform its earned on. So, you could have 1400 on your ipad, and 3000 on your android, and not be able to access one at a time, unless you switch your device.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

McSpankWich posted:

In case any of you were considering doing an 11-pull today..... don't.

:negative:

Holy poo poo, that is the worst 11 I've ever seen.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

McSpankWich posted:

They're explorations though so I guess that's a thing.

So, it's like the last one, but even loving worse

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I still need Gilga and Exdeath, so more half pulls for me!

Zidane! Holy poo poo!

Let's do a ticket in celebration. Exdeath!

One more: Shadow. That'll do for today, yeah.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

dangerous.hotdog posted:

I think that era of events has passed. As far as I can tell by JP, all events going forward are of this super-low drop rate + banner bonus unit type. It sucks. :(

This actually kind of makes me want to quit altogether. These events are poo poo.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Ok so, I just got Barrage for my Dark Knight Cecil. He's currently at 455 ATK, and I'm shoving him full of all my ATK pots as I get them.

I'm working on Dual Wield for him, and that shouldn't take too long at all with my 60% worth of Moogles waiting.

969098268 if you want to get on the murderboat. Always room for goons.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

LizardBeam posted:

So are TM macros more or less required to be anything but a scrub? And they don't like ban folks for it?

I started a while ago casually, but I have 6* Exdeath, Cecil and Refia now, and waiting on mats for CoD and Gilgamesh (I got really lucky, which is nice, he is my favorite FF character.) I am just feeling a bit cagey about botting.

You can clear pretty much all the content in the game without macros, the harder stuff, you may need strong friends.

You don't have to macro at all. I've just finished my first TM reward as an F2P and I've been able to clear every piece of content in the game except for that last Maxwell event, and that was just because I didn't leave myself enough time.

Gumi has said they don't care about it, but they won't support it at all.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Don't forget that "Collect 200 event currency" is a daily.

So seriously, gently caress you, Gumi.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Vax posted:

This is seriously laughable. Reddit says the events are exactly the same as in JP. So I'm not sure why we haven't heard any rumblings earlier that events are going to be poo poo in the future. Even the 1300 NRG you need for the Cactuars are not worth it. You can get double that XP by running ~108 Maranda Runs for 6480000 XP (100x Cact = 3000000). Hell you could just run XP Vortex and break even NRG/XP wise. And if even the Cactuars are not worth it nothing basically is worth getting. Just a quick calculation, for the NRG you need for the 70k Moogle you could get a whole team 39% TM. That's right.

So, wait, is this how all the grind events are going to be going forward?

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

rabidsquid posted:

i hate the current arena with my life. i havent lost but i want to die so have i actually won either

I've gone with a Lenna (Cheer/Curaja), Kefka (Boo! or Hyperdrive), Agrias (FB or Bladeblitz), Leo (Blade Bash or Bladeblitz), DK Cecil (Dark Cannon or Barrage) comp.

It's doing alright for me, all the paralyze usually shuts down a few members fairly quickly. Though, I am mainly beating up little guys.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

DaveWoo posted:

So is the "grind 200 gears" daily quest required to get the 50 lapis reward for completing all daily quests?

Yes

Luckily it's just two runs of ELT, which works well when there's the Vortex quest

It is straight bullshit though yeah

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I unlocked all my friend slots, still looking for Goons to fill them up.

I've got a 457 DKC with Barrage, and as soon as this batch of TMR grind is done, he'll be Dual Wielding Deathbringer and Excalibur for about 640 ATK.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Maintenance was extended to 14:00 PST

Hope you like lapis.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Shark Tower posted:

Because they're both only a few banners out from Orlando's? If you don't know how to be patient and think rationally about your options, then you're exactly the type of clientele gumi wants playing their games.

I mean sure, if you just keep saving resources, you'll never end up doing anything. But there's a big difference between hey Orlando's great, let's see if I can get him on dailies, and oh my God Orlando gonna throw all of my resources and be absolutely hosed if I don't get him at all.

Completely agreed, especially since Agrias is already announced to be getting a 6* that turns her into a mini version of him.

It's a big fat whale trap.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

rio posted:

Any tips for the second trial? The metal gigantuar destroys my team since I can't kill it fast enough, then the bombs are fine but the third battle takes me out since I only have two or three team members still alive from the gigantuar fight. I am guessing I actually need an A+ team and can't rely on just having a strong friend?

Use a damage item for the gigantuar. He has super low health, so throwing a set-damage item will kill him real quickly.

The wiki has guides for this stuff. https://exviuswiki.com/Surging_Menace

Go RV! fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Dec 10, 2016

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Armitage posted:

Wait, BC Lid is useful?

Hex Strike is one of the best moves in the game.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

It's really more who doesn't benefit from it, which are people who already have it.

Put it on Cecil for a double-curaja-ing wall of gently caress Off. Put it on anyone with Raise. Put it on any caster at all that doesn't have it.

It's still super good.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

PaybackJack posted:

No new island but we have a Story for Charlotte, that's interesting.

Charlotte's story page literally says there's a new island.

Go RV! fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Dec 13, 2016

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

In this wave of lovely FF13 characters, I want to take a moment and say that Hope is a sidegrade/small upgrade to Tellah, so if you don't have an Exdeath, he's actually really good!

Compare:

ARMOR
Tellah: Hat, Clothes, Robes
Hope: LShield, Hat, Clothes, LArmor, Robes
Winner: Hope

WEAPONS
Tellah: Rod, Staff
Hope: Dagger, Rod, Staff, Throw

COVERAGE
Tellah: Firaga, Blizzaga, Thundaga, Biora
Hope: Firaga, Blizzaga, Thundaga, Waterga, Aeroga

SUPPORT
Tellah: Raise, Cura
Hope: Raise, Esuna
Winner: ----

LIMIT
Tellah: Magic damage (2.5x (3.45x max)) to all enemies
Hope: Magic damage (2.7x (3.65x max)) with ignore SPR (50%) to all enemies

OTHER
Tellah: Osmose, Recall
Hope: Area Blast
Winner: Tellah

MAG
Tellah: 110
Hope: 116

So yeah, if you don't have an Exdeath, Hope is a really good option, and has a good spot in any Nuketeam.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Dial-a-Dog posted:

I've never heard of it so I looked it up on a final fantasy wiki and it's apparently:
"Alterna is a Ring Magic exclusive to Final Fantasy XV and is obtainable during Noctis' travels in the capital of Niflheim, Gralea. It casts a spell that expells an entire horde of enemies to the void at the cost of spending all MP."

So I would assume it's something absurd like group death or another Ultima variant like Wicked Light

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxLDqL5TelQ

:question: :question: :question:

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Pulling! Starting with half and into tickets:
Charlotte
Gold Tellah #1
Faris
Charlotte
Lani
Amarant
Fiction
Edge
Mercedes

That'll do for now. I was getting pretty bummed at about Lani, but I'm glad I stuck with it.

victrix posted:

I stopped playing this seriously a good while back because I had no interest in TM macro farming.

I just pulled Noctis, is he strong enough without TMR stuff to tackle the elite content? I have some other decent 5* units, but my only 6* so far is Cecil.

The only content that wasn't really reasonably clearable by an unlucky f2p was Maxwell.

Noctis should put a lot of fire behind you, though. So, likely yes to what you're asking.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Hardbody posted:

Sheet has been reworked: Each 4-6 period will just be a new sheet. All you have to do is copy your old info to the new sheet. Do us a favor and update the GoonDoc link if you would Payback.

CORRECTION

I've reworked it so that the link in the OP is fine.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PBoE56CzVaq1L8WE4sMeBhkoEByummcaU-8qMIFfZLI/edit#gid=0

edit: I've added color coding for easy scrolling to find a specific unit.

Meta leaders units have been given unique background colors. Just type the proper name for a unit, and they'll be auto-formatted.

It'll only format to the first name it sees, so list your primary first.

e2: You don't need to do what the earlier post said about adding a line somewhere, just slap your info in again.

e3: ok i lied about the formatting to the first name it sees thing. just add less dudes and maybe list other less important ones in your notes?

Go RV! fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Dec 18, 2016

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Vexrm posted:

I heard something about Nox calling china every so often?

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/4trpp9/attention_nox_app_player_users/

Just block these ranges.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Fisting Tent posted:

Where is the best place to farm for materials for hero rings?

https://exviuswiki.com/Best_places_to_farm

Personally, I do Maranda Coast/Dwarf Forge for the good unit xp and a decent drop rate (take a strong friend, auto your way through. requires a tiny bit of babysitting)

If you JUST want the cryst, I'd go for Westersands or Aquatic Cove.

I've heard good things about Lake Dorr recently, as well.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Fisting Tent posted:

Is there a limit to how far a stat can be increased from using pots?

Yes. Check that unit's wiki page for those values.

They won't let you feed them any more of that pot after you hit the limit.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Let's get a Chizuru!

Daily Celes
Kuja
Lenna
Golbez
Hayate
Clyne
Firion
Charlotte
Cyan
Maria
Russell
Vivi

And then one more pull to get my lucky number 13 of failure!

Vivi

gently caress gachas.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I had a bad day today, so I burned a ticket.

I got RAINBOW...

Gaffgarion

:smith:

I pulled again in anger and got a Fang.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Shingouryu posted:

Daily pull - Santa Roselia

That's cool I guess, even though I already have Refia.

She's a great arena healer. Stona, Esuna, Curaja, counter healing/Esuna/element resistance, dispel, entrust, and a curaja/esunaga lb.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

CyberLord XP posted:

First group reward is incoming.

Reminder that group rewards come out the 9th. You don't get those instantly like the individual ones.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Hey Fingercuffs posted:

Man I'm such a a weird point with this, now that I have the Units I just need the gear to get them boosted. I can farm Pro with a little help from you fine folks. (Grimalkin you the real MVP). So basically to gear up to get the numbers decent other than farming for hero rings is to just wait for event/tm gear?

There's basically three tiers of equipment in FFBE.

Regular stuff, that's crafted/bought/gotten from keys.
Event stuff, which is better, but obviously harder to get due to them being farmed from limited time events.
TMR stuff, which costs a ton of time or lapis, an emulator running macros, and is a nightmare.

But yeah, basically what you want to do is get one really beefy unit. Choose your best, and try and kit them out as best as you can. Due to how scaling works in this game, stacking it all on a dude is a much better strategy than spreading the equipment around.

Also get as many fat goon friends as you can to help carry you.

Here's stuff you can do in the meantime if you don't want to macro forever:
Use your magic keys to get all the important stuff. Bar-x-ra spells, stat +10%, killers, muscle belt recipe.
Farm hero rings
Use your friend summons to get a few copies of the important killers/HP +10%/Sunbeam.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Palleon posted:

Is there any reason to keep multiples of Tellah, Firion, or Black Cat Lid? I've got four of each, trying to trim down my unitblidt, and their TMs don't seem so great I'd want multiples, and I also don't think they're so high priority if want to run them all at once to grind them out faster.

Firion gets real good, but he's needs a ton of TMs to be REAL good. It will probably be difficult to gear two well, so I think you're safe to smoosh them. His TM isn't really that good, so there's no reason to keep multiples for that.

Tellah is a good mage, but if you can already field a mage team, like for this event, you probably don't need the multiples. MP +30% is pretty good, but you've probably got a lot more of more value to TM. This one is your call.

BCLid, that's a hard one, because you're likely to never be able to get them again. Depends on how many do you have, I guess? I have two, just in case. I wouldn't smoosh them, because of the rarity and the unique skill

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

What's the best way to macro on Android? My brother's computer died, and I'm trying to get him at least to a competent level of play

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I am Communist posted:

Long time no see Go RV! I use the hard work of other people: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/55f44k/lets_talk_nox_macros/
They have an amazingly fast earth shrine entrance script if you use lapis. They have a non lapis version too.

I am using nox right now but switch to memu and bounce back and forth when a patch breaks one or the other.

Hey man, long time.

I know about Nox/Memu, I'm using them myself, and those macros.

The problem is that his Android phone is his only machine right now, so he needs a way to repeat touches on it.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Jesus christ

I honestly would be tempted to but with such a low rank it would be a massive waste. I wish refils gave you a base amount of energy to the people below a certain rank

i know this is a few pages ago, but no one addressed it.

there is a base refill. in the bundles, theres a 60 nrg bundle for 100 lapis

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Vax posted:

I like his style. Could be one of us to be honest.

I could have sworn that he was a woman. That would have made him a little more interesting than generic "smug supposed ladies man", at least

That sprite totally looks like it had tits :colbert:

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Ratzap posted:

I was going to try using Memu to get TM rewards but I've run into a snag. I don't use facebook (hate social media) and it sounds like they ban fake accounts pretty regularly.
Is there any other way to get my account from the tablet into the emulator?

Just make an account that looks real. You don't even have to upload a photo or anything, just don't make your Shithead McFuck or anything dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I pulled an 11 chasing Cheese and Noodles.

1/2 ain't bad.

• Locked thread