Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Mr. Swoon posted:

I hope Gumi learned from the Ifrit raid and nerfs Titan down to our level. Especially since we don't have 6* WoL or Ramza's enhancements.

I hope the bots come back for boosting the rate of getting tokens :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

hamburgers in pockets posted:

Wow, I uh...think I may have overestimated Wilhelm. I tried ELT with my team of Cecil, Xon, Noctis, Fryevia, Refia and a friend Fryevia for chaining. Both Fryevia's were over 700 MAG with Diablos and man-eater materias. I pretty much two-turned Wilhelm with just the Fryevia's alone, with Noctis just using Warp Break and Xon stealing his buffs. Think I may actually try it again later and shoot for the 4 unit challenge bonus.

This is good advice, all content is easy when you have a half whale team or more and the content is balanced around that

(Tongue in cheek. Maybe one day they will make Noctis great outside of arena :smith:)

WebDO fucked around with this message at 22:12 on May 30, 2017

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

PaybackJack posted:

Not great outside the Arena? Are you kidding. He's the best support unit in the game

The problem is if you don't have the units to receive said support he falls incredibly flat. Even with a whale friend, without my own Cid/Fryevia/Aileen/(any other stand alone amazing 5* base) he's really...Not great for things. I still can't clear a bunch of trials. And arena is great for 40 lapis a day but I don't have the time every day to stay competitive so I get the worst tier stat pot and move on, ability to one shot most opponents be damned.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

So after all my complaints in this thread about how bad my luck is I somehow get a rainbow on the daily pull.

It's Queen.

I'm thinking about uninstalling.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Cartoon Man posted:

$10 for a 10 NRG bottle, 1000 gil, 500 friend points and the holy trinity of Shadow, Bedile, and Anzelhm.

It's sad that this is believable

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Hey just wanted to :respek: the other members of the "Haha you thought that Ifrit going off after the second wave of DR hits would count as an esper kill" club

WebDO fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Jun 12, 2017

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Shingouryu posted:

Ffbe was just on Squares E3 stream. Revealed Ashe, Rasler and the Global exclusive judge unit who's name I can't remember. He's a 5 star base who is a buff/debuff focused attacker. No mention of Balthier, so sad times there I guess.

There's another -special announcement- scheduled for tomorrow at 10:45 PST.

Special announcement: whales didn't feel like getting 5* units felt special enough because regular players are occasionally getting them so the drop rate of 5* units on the half price pull has been reduced.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

It's pretty awesome, fun, and most importantly fair that the trial Titan in stage three can still land 2k damage hits even when I've got Ling's attack break up and a maximum Cecil limit break up.

I don't even know if having a five star damage dealer would be enough to get past round one of stage 3. What a terrible sign of bullshit to come :allears:

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

At least a week into the current grind fest event they're deigning to give you a chance at reducing the grind for the second half if a friend can carry you through Maxwell.

They couldn't have done it at the beginning though because

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

You people and your terrible name ideas when all you need is the screenshot of the summer banner below Final Fantasy: Brave Sexvius

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Armitage posted:

What's the best way to get Esper orbs in the Maxwell fight? Of course this would be the fight where it's almost impossible to see them drop. I think I've seen one and I've fought her four times already.

EDIT: After 7 tries I finally get her. The fight's not hard but having to stall to get enough esper orbs makes it harder than it actually is because Rune can ruin your day.

Dual wield barrage Chizuru/CoD are solid options for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

hagie posted:

Is the first Maxwell battle pretty easy now that it's nearly a year removed?

I am thinking of running this for the 1st version:
Marie
Cecil
WoL
Fryevia
Y'sh

WoL and Fryevia are replaceable. WoL over Rain because he tends to get suicidal with covering. Could do CoD instead of Fryevia... Probably going to see if a friend Orlandu is hanging out somewhere.

Wouldn't mind a free bonus unit...

Friendlandu is a terrible idea because of holy immunity. Fryevia is not replaceable in your lineup

• Locked thread