Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

How are you supposed to grind TM on the phone? The process is unbearably slow. Like how the gently caress is this a good idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Shark Tower posted:

Guess who was the showcased leader?

It was Lightning.

How about this one?

Also Lightning.

Gumi and SE are making money hand over fist unless those are injected accounts.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Evil Fluffy posted:

Did one more ticket pull on the BF banner, blue crystal turned gold!

...Shadow. :suicide:

This is gold crystal #5 or 6 in a row that gave a 4* max trash unit.

In contrast I've been getting shadowned, shantotoed, clyned and lanied all of BF banner and I've refused to roll on the shadow one. So I did one last desperation ticket and it turns out gold. I close my eyes and wait to get this last one shadow to top it off and its TILITH!

I've got the making of an incredibly powerful team once Agrias, WoL, Tilith get their *6

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Coding something that checks this out and does it automatically to the players is too much effort for Gumi so its too much effort for me to do manually.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Rolled yesterday butts, roled today *4 butts

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Gotta give it to gumi, they have always find a way to defy expectations

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

My first 5 star o. The lightning banner! It's my third agrias...

Not really complaining since having three holy explosion users eventually is pretty strong

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

dangerous.hotdog posted:

I used 3 tickets last night and got a Zidane on the 3rd. Zidane 33% drop rate confirmed.

Confirming. I used three gear tickets and my third was a zidane

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Cartoon Man posted:

Kicked some pubbies too if any newer goons need more waifus on their list.

I snt you a request. I need all of you lightning, gregs and luneth havers

Im feeling a lot better after seeing my only 5* roll be an agrias. Shes really well regarded in japanese version, even though shes not top of th line bleeding edge OP

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Mrit SA posted:

Hex strike applies 3 random status effects. It also skips status effects the target is immune to. So if a target is vulnerable only to paralyze, silence, and sleep, those status effects are always applied. Always. Even if it is at 90% resist.
It's badly coded and no other ability in the game works like it. It is how you farm bosses that have any status vulnerability.

Welp Im spending the rest of my gigantaurs on this bc lid

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Im up to my fourth ludmile. Why cant I have 4 zidanes instead

What caster benefits from them, given that the ones Im leveling already have dualcast or double black?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Vax posted:

Isn't Firion top 10 in JP? So I guess he will be pretty decent once his 6* and enhancements hit.

He's among the highest rated units and easily the highest rated base 3 star. But you need at least dual wield for him not to be an average 6. And you need a whole lot more for him to rank among the highest.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Noctis is getting a world release right? So hes a total wildcard, who knows how hes going to end up once someone figures out his optimum poo poo. The

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Dec 14, 2016

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ive got a melee 6* thats worth a drat, problem is shes COD and its going to take me forever to tm this dual wield and these two rising suns.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Hanging edge is still on lol

I thought the new banner started today

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Do casted stat boosts stack? Like if I use noctis damage boost and tilitha will they stack or simply replace the previous one? I don't know if I really need noctis if I'm running a tilith and a eventually a 6 WOL.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Tengames posted:

did the only single daily ive done on this banner and got fang. figure id find a use for equip spear, probably for twin lance shenanigans in arena.

I got my third fang in like a row using a ticket just now and with that Im glad to say Im done trying to fish for her royal pinkness

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Did an eleven draw and had nothing good on it except mercedes and miyuki for her tm

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

So Im not expecting noctis on my daily pulls from now till this banner ends and I have a bunch of cactuars left. I have a physical team right now. I have a 4* butz and a mercedes, no real gear for either but I can grind a wind fist for butz and mercedes ax for herself. If im saving my only dual wield for COD, which unit should I invest my cactuars and tm farm group priority in?

I hope agrias gets her 6* on the same banner orlandu comes out, so I can just triple agrias it up.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Dec 16, 2016

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

My daily was another mercedes. So thats a faster axe or dual wielding pirate axe woman if I ever get another zidane

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

gently caress im regretting not spending some nrg yesterday to get more 6* awakening mats.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The powercreep units really are leagues ahead of some of the other units but a lot of the 6* awakenings turn some of the older, less useful or niche units into respectable ones. There are plenty of strong budget units, just gotta wait till they get their awakenings.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Seriously how am I suppose to get theses rainbow weeds to awaken mercedes when I dont have a mat event and the maze is really lovely about drops. Im swimming in those 5* mats only a few units use but barely get any 6* mats

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Dec 19, 2016

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Cartoon Man posted:

Christmas event is coming up next week, I'm guessing it will be a King Mog trade in. If so it will have all the six star mats you need.

Thank god for santa mog.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I like how they didn't even bother explaining Medius 6*.

Or maybe they did and I didn't bother sticking around that long.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

My fourth agrias, save the queen harderer. I used to have 4 edgars to eventually do the gimmick party but agrias does it better with holy explosion.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

CyberLord XP posted:

Any reason to get Cerius or Medius leveled up for this raid?

Im leveling Medius on the remote chance his 6* has something inherently broken the global balance dudes didn't capture. Its not like I can get my Mercedes to 6* to burn all these gigantuars on given how hard it is to get rainbow weeds from it.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

ApplesandOranges posted:

I've actually gotten a decent (not amazing) rate on Rainbow Blooms, I feel like they're the third most common 6* mat (behind Calamity Gems and Divine Crystals). Might just be personal experience though.

The most Ive gotten are fairy writs and calamity gems followed by the other writ. Ive only gotten like 4 blooms so far.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

My daily is another mercedes. I cant believe Ive only been charlotted once this banner and the thing keeps handing mercedes like candy. My ticket comes out a 5* oh poo poo could it be, the prince finally shows up!? Nope, a loving 5* Zidane of all things. Ive never ben so conflicted.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Will the orlandu banner be another FFT themed one or will it be mixed? I dont know if I should be saving the tickets for that or whale for noctis still.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Medius and cerius are so trash that im noteven bothering to do daily pulls during this banner.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Vax posted:

Daily: Agrias

Well, since she is 97/100 on that latest Altema update being top 8 and basically a mini-Orlandu I'm certainly not complaining.

Best thing about agrias is that you dont NEED an orlandu yourself to cause massive havock on mobs. Say you have two modestly geared agrias and a turbo whale friend orlandu, thats it youve trivialized most content because the two agrias whipping out their holy explosions and your friend orlandu using his will completely shred things from the chain. Plus she has full break, protectaga and curaja

drat I really need at least two cecils. The bastard keeps eluding me and I really want an excalibur for when she gets her 6*

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Dec 21, 2016

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

ApplesandOranges posted:

To be fair, Cerius is really good at it; CoD's are 30%, Cerius' are 70%. Of course not being able to do anything else just hurts her. If she'd gotten Cheer or Focus or something.

Cerius is a poor mans Minfilia. Which is doubly weird given that Minfilia is free from an event if you farm enough points.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Dec 21, 2016

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

drat you got destroyed

I'm saving these weeks and the event tickets for Orlando even though noctis is great. I'll still pull dailies till the banner switches

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Dec 21, 2016

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

jaclynhyde posted:

Is Cheezo currently better than CoD for damage with no TMs? I like having CoD around for Omni-Veil and Thundaga, but I have a max Chizuru hanging around doing nothing. (Main party is Agrias/Cecil/Refia/ExDeath/CoD, mage/arena is Arc/Cecil/Tellah/ExDeath/CoD).

Also, what characters should I work on leveling for situational reasons? I'm working on Bartz and Rydia (for summoning objectives) and I have Kain, four more ExDeaths, Black Cat Lid, two more CoDs, one more Cheeto, three Kriles, Hope, Firion...I may never have drawn a base five, but at least I'm solid for everything else? :v:

Im guessing cheez is better if all you are looking at is damage. CoD gets an improved human killer that could end up doing a whole lot more damage against other humans though. But Cheez can penetrate armor with her attacks which is pretty important. CoD has a poo poo ton of utility though, if you are missing a Tilith or something like her.

Unrelated question. How does firions weapon wield abilities work? Do I need to mix weapon types to get bonuses? Like say if I give him two axes does he get 60% damage or must it me an axe and a spear/knuckle? Im thinking of turning my mercedes into my monster dps unit and was going to grind two of her axes out but looking ahead an axe and a save the queen might be better if I decide to switch over her stuff to firion once he gets 6*

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Firion, TM lorde

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I dont think there can be powercreep in regards to healing when something like Tilith has existed for so long but god drat gumi is trying. The new MH Fina is a damage healing hybrid with 100% revive, 80% auto revive, AoE heal+esuna like tilith, st 30%hp/30%mp refresh, built in 30% physical dodge, kill almost all passive that gives her an extra 25% damage on a bunch of monster types, a 400% damage nuke, and 60% extra SPR when equipping a bow among other less noteworthy things. Nothing can really outdo a unit that has 100% aoe heals and 100% aoe revives but a unit like this can fit into particular groups pretty drat well.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

This event is some utter bullshit with the deaths

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I mean if you have a strong team already then sure, he'll die quick. Pro is easy enough that a strong friend can carry you as long as you can deal with the boxes quick enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Dias posted:

Who do you have built out of your units? I see CoD, Refia, Agrias, Cheez and ExDeath on your lists, that's a pretty decent team if they're all maxed, definitely enough to get past ADV at the very least.

Beginner pushed my poo poo in harder than pro because I seriously wasn't expecting the deaths. But now I just debuff them with double breakers and let the friend unit wreck them in a turn before moving in to the frosty. I really really wish WoL had his 6* already for this event. Would make things so much easier for me.

• Locked thread