Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

HGH posted:

I used the exploit to summon Diabolos in the Maxwell fight and now I'm kinda panicking, I heard JP players got banned for a similar one in the Maze event. I haven't put any money into this but starting over would drive my OCD insane.

I seriously doubt Gumi cares.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

Shoenin posted:

Does Maxwell always do that heal and ubernuke attack every 4th turn?

Not if the game 'crashes' every 3 turns or so. :ssh:

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax
I'm happy, got my first Garland for my daily pull. Was wondering when it looked like his 6* was incoming. Just looking at release dates maybe... 2-3 months from now?

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax
CoD seems to be the star of the Antenolla fight, with Aura Ball, Comeback, Call of the Void, and her resistances to status effects. Such an overpowered character.

edit: uh, nm

Mrit SA fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Nov 24, 2016

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax
I needed an Exdeath and pulled 5 times. Got 3 Exdeath's. :getin:

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax
I'm finding that you need 2 Curaja casters and 1 Cura caster for the new trials/bosses. I use Cecil/Refia/Agrias for healing/tanking/full break and slot in other dps when needed. I used Bartz(mana battery and Barrage) and CoD(amazing human damage).

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

PopeCrunch posted:

oh WHAT THE gently caress IS UP, 5* Gilgamesh!
Wound up with three rare summon tickets, the first two were dogshit FFBE characters, the third was a rainbow crystal. I didn't even dare to dream - then "MWA HA HA HA HA! I WAS JUST WONDERING WHAT TO DO, HADN'T I BEEN CALLED"

EAT
PISS

Hokay so i am still trying to get past veritas of the loving heavens in loving windmill town, here's the team I'm working on grinding up: L59/5* CoD, L60/4* Kain, L60/4* WoL, L31/5* Arc, L22/4* Exdeath. Here's the rest of my stable:
Rain, Lasswell, Fina, Rizer, Leah, Tronn, Eldin, Baurg, Gimlee, Maxell, Liza, Biggs, Paul, Anastasis, Sarah, King Giott, Mizell, Ronaldo, Mel, Penelo, Maria, Shadow, Krile, Edgar, Fran, Rydia, Clyne, Bedile, Kuja, Terra, Bartz, Zidane, Vaan, Roselia, Sarai, Paula, Ollie, Skaha, Montana, Russell, Miyuki, Galuf, Xiao, Locke, Leo, Rakshasa, Amarant, Lani, Karl, Seria, Agrias, Refia, Ingus, Gilgamesh.

I had been running CoD / Kain / WoL / Arc / Refia, but subbed out Exdeath for Refia because Refia can't use baraerora, and I've thrown some trash in place of Kain and WoL so the XP isn't wasted while I grind levels. I'm thinking that if I level Gilgamesh up and sub him in for Kain, that'll give me a harder hitter (WoL has some utility, and CoD has some protection buffs). And as someone pointed out, I don't have to care too hard about baraerora once I get CoD levelled up, so I might toss Refia back in for Exdeath for healing. Thoughts?

I had the same problem as a new player. And I'd like to suggest the same approach I eventually took.
Stop trying to beat Veritas.
Go grind levels, awaken your units, don't bother with story progression for a few days. Spend some lapis to run through the Chamber of Experience a few dozen times. When you come back you will find him trivial.

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax
Pulled a 2nd Zidane from a random throw-away ticket. I may not get rainbows, but with a few Dual Wields I can keep up.

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

rabidsquid posted:

you've been blessed by the bad pull bedile. repost this image in five other threads or bedile will visit you during your daily half price pull every day for a month

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax
The banner being split in two gives me hope for a Lightning Banner in week 2.

Not that I would actually get her as I still haven't seen a rainbow. But it would be interesting.

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax
I just got my first rainbow crystal!
Amarant.
So mad.

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

Skyridge posted:

I'm contemplating burning all 3700 of my lapis to turbo boost some of my trust mastery rewards. I have 73 max energy and one full bar gave me about 1.5% on each character. Doing so would give me my second dual wield, as one of my Zidanes is at 70%ish.

How bad an idea is this?

The math says that on average, 100 energy is 1%. You got more on your test, but that is the average. A full TM is about 10000 fights, that would be 137 refills for you, which is 13700 lapis.
It's expensive, and there isn't much free lapis on the horizon. Up to you.
Edit: if your Zidane is at 70%, you would need on average 4100 lapis.

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

Ratzap posted:

I've read a fair bit but I have a question about which units to concentrate on. My current team is

Vann 5*, Demon Rain 6*, Bartz 5*, Rydia 5*, White Witch Fina 6*

I have pretty pish equipment (I only started playing a month or so ago) and they're still 20 or 30 levels from maxing out. In terms of other significant units I have Arc, Refia, Exdeath, Cloud of Darkness, Black Cat Lid, Zidane, Tellah, Faris.

Am I missing some kind of 'must have' types or can I build a strong team with a combination of these?

Dump WWFina for Refia immediately. Depending on the team you want to build, the rest of your squad is decent. Though I'd use CoD(so good on humans, great utility), level BC Lid(Hex Strike is broken, not joking, its actually broken), and Arc/ExDeath(Arc is easier to get to good, but ExDeath has far more potential)

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

Rigel posted:

My lucky streak finally ended. Decided 6000 crystals was too many to have lying around and did an 11-summon. WoL and a pile of poo poo.

If you didn't have WoL already, you will love that pull in a month or two.
I still don't have him. :(

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax
Everyone here just running the minimum two gears runs a day?
That's where I am at, only things worth it on the banner is the cheaper tickets and *maybe* the cheap awakening mats.

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

rio posted:

I've been getting so many Fartz from half price summons in the past week. I already have his trust mastery to 30% so I think I'll focus on putting trust moogles into him as well since his reward is supposed to be good.

Doublehand is okay, but moogles should really be reserved for either Zidane, Gilgamesh, or Ludmile.

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

Shark Tower posted:

I used 2 moogles on medius.

No regrets.

I have used 5(I think) Moogles on Zidane #1, and 3 on Ludmile(at 87%!). After Ludmile is done, future Moogles will go on Zidane #2.

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

Nuebot posted:

I'm going to save my attack pots for Orlandu. Once my exdeath hits 6* I'm going to feed my mag pots to him. Is SPR just for healing?

I dumped all my SPR into Cecil for extra survival against magic damage. Along with DEF and HP. Also a bit of MP for healing goodness, but Exdeath gets most of that.

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

Nuebot posted:

Did they break the game for anyone else? It won't go past the opening logos without crashing now.

It's extended maintenance.

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax
Imo, always pull daily, save tickets for good banners, and 11 pull if you do the previous things and haven't gotten everything you want by the final day of the banner.

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

KataraniSword posted:

weep brokenly when you still have no base-5s.

I have gotten one rainbow so far.
It was Amarant.
:(

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

Scrublord Prime posted:

I've been playing since July and I only got my first 4* base character during the FF3 banner on a daily pull. It was a Rosa :negative:

If it wasn't for Maxwell she'd be my only character that is 4*+ base. I've never seen a rainbow crystal either.

Holy crap, at least I have nearly every 4 star base that I could want. Agrias/Refia are my friends.

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

HGH posted:

The ex-employee AMA mentioned that, since turnover rate is so high, at this point no one actually knows how the engine functions and it's basically like someone slapping a bunch of wooden planks over a window.

Well, in that case the game is going to putter along for the next few years, slowly falling apart until a kickstarter can be made to remake it from scratch.
Sounds familiar.

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

Rigel posted:

How does the crystal shattering into a crystal thing work? If its yellow to rainbow, does that mean its always going to be only a base 4 star but we decided to awaken it to 5 for you, or is there a chance that it could be a base 5 star? When I got lightning they didn't fool around, just straight rainbow crystal.

I got a gold that shattered into a rainbow and it was Amarant, a lovely 3* base so there are no rules, only pain.

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

Nuebot posted:

I hope not, the halloween units were lame.

BC Lid is awesome. And broken.

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

Armitage posted:

Wait, BC Lid is useful?
Hex strike applies 3 random status effects. It also skips status effects the target is immune to. So if a target is vulnerable only to paralyze, silence, and sleep, those status effects are always applied. Always. Even if it is at 90% resist.
It's badly coded and no other ability in the game works like it. It is how you farm bosses that have any status vulnerability.

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

Mrit SA posted:

Hex strike applies 3 random status effects. It also skips status effects the target is immune to. So if a target is vulnerable only to paralyze, silence, and sleep, those status effects are always applied. Always. Even if it is at 90% resist.
It's badly coded and no other ability in the game works like it. It is how you farm bosses that have any status vulnerability.

Now that I think about it, this makes me excited for all the Cecils in arena next week wearing the new helm, as unless they equip a jeweled ring, it will be 3 times more likely to stone them. :cheers:

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

Ein Sexmonster posted:

Doesn't exdeath's LB work the same way? I noticed it always paralzyes the event bosses.

No, Exdeath's LB has a high chance(50%-74%) to apply all status effects. This is more limited as:
1) It is a LB and takes time to charge.
2) It isn't guaranteed.

Edit: And to clarify, Hex Strike is only on BC Lid, not regular Lid. She was a global exclusive during Halloween(which explains why she is broken, as Gumi US made her).

Mrit SA fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Dec 12, 2016

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

Shingouryu posted:

I'm so close to having my first TMR (Dual Wield) done, but this last 5% has been so agonizing. With seemingly no actual event with exclusive equipment/tickets going on this week, I think I'm gonna spend most of the week macroing. Which TMR's should I prioritize? The rest of my current TMR party is

Zidane 2
Luna
Luna 2
Ludmille

Notable TMR units I have in reserve include Ludmille 2, Chizuru, Hayate, Miyuki, Cecil, Arc and Maxwell. I'm tempted to smash my 2 Lunas together, as barrage seems to be getting more and more irrelevant, and both pure attack units I currently field already have it innately. Also, am I correct that once Zidane 1 pops I can safely fuse him into Zidane 2 for the 5% boost?

Dual Wield will always be rare and will double the damage of every melee character that doesn't come with it. Get it. Dualcast makes healers insanely op, especially if you have Refia. Neither of these will ever be powercreeped.
I'd go for those first.

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

Hardbody posted:

I just remembered trying to add people as someone who joined the thread only after it was remade. The list was like a 100 people long and half of them were kefka and Locke leads that havent been meta in months. Sorry if I came off as bitchy, I just figured cleansing and remaking it would help people out in the long run. If I came off as unappreciative of your efforts I apologize.

I think redoing the list is a great idea, when I was new I made the same suggestion.

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

Twelve by Pies posted:

I finally decided I'd give in and download memu to TM grind for me since I have so many TMs I want and will literally never get otherwise.

Sadly it seems like memu won't run on my potato of a computer. It's been stuck at 99% on the startup screen for the last five minutes, and gets stuck at 99% every time I try to start it up again. So, guess that means no macro grinding for me. I'm purely dependent on Trust Moogles and grinding manually.

I'm never going to be any good at this game. :negative:

What is your processor? If it has a virtualization mode it helps quite a bit to have it on.

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

Skyridge posted:

Does virtualization mode do anything else to your computer, like hog resources or something?

As far as I know, no.

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax
I GOT GILGAMESH FROM A TICKET I WIN

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

MrLonghair posted:

What banner do I pull from to try for a Zidane, or Greg, because drat.

Actually, pull on the generic banner. Since the gacha change, Zidane is the most likely to show up that he has ever been, and the more 3* units that show up, the less likely he is to show up.
Unless you could use a Chizuru or Mercedes, pull generic.

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax
This event is yet another where CoD is amazing. Anyone dying should be using her. Omniveil is good enough for surviving any of the attacks Frosty makes.

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax
Just going to post Discord chat:

Mrit - Today at 10:14 PM
i have 19 tickets, how many should i use on noctis's banner before it disappears(the correct answer is 0 but still)
Niton - Today at 10:15 PM
Mrit - Today at 10:15 PM
boo
i think i will pull twice. i will likely get garbage, but whatever
blue...
charlotte
and duane, lol
no thanks, noctis's banner sucks
Dana - Today at 10:18 PM
you just didn't pull enough
Mrit - Today at 10:18 PM
HOLY CRAP
i accidently pulled again and its a rainbow
NOCTIS
LOL
Dana - Today at 10:18 PM
see?
Mrit - Today at 10:19 PM
ROFL
Dana - Today at 10:19 PM
I told you, you didn't pull enough
grats on joining the boyband
Mrit - Today at 10:19 PM
that is incredible
thanks!

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax
I had to wait almost two weeks between my base 5* units, woe is me.

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

Kheldarn posted:

Did the last half price pull for 2016, got 3* Exdeath.

Also:

Do you have access to another version of Cheer? If not, I'd stick with Lenna.

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

Cartoon Man posted:

No way in hell im spending any gifted tickets on this crap banner.

Same. I got Santa Roselia on my 2nd daily pull and haven't daily pulled since.
I suggest that unless the average player here has no Refia/Lenna and is desperate for a healer, to not bother pulling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

Vax posted:

Hey, it's cool that you guys wanna destroy my german dream of an arian Final Fantasy game. Hell it sounds like you guys are even betting on it. I'm just not a fan of imagening a year from now on half of my friendlist being 7* loving Minnie Mouse and the other half 6* some random US celebrity who got some money for being a sprite to whore his/her fanbase to this game. How you can't not like this is beyond me bros.

This is an impressive meltdown.

• Locked thread