Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

big cummers ONLY posted:

Reposting from last thread because I think it got swallowed up - is there a reason to do Arena as a newbie? I thought the first 5 fights a day would give you lapis win or lose but I haven't been getting rewards the past couple of days.

It's almost worth doing all of the colosseum first. There's some solid rewards and lapis in there to collect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
FFV banner announced this morning.

Got 2 Bartz to 6*. Hope I can pull an Exdeath or two with daily pulls.

Also that sweet CoD mace. Hope the trial isn't complete BS.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Day 1 of my vacation, connect to hotel wifi and pull my first zidane.

Vacations rule.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Debating doing an 11 pull on the next event just to get an Exdeath.

I've traditionally have had a very strong mage team but with Exdeaths 6* coming I could easily pull him and be set for a while. On the other hand I could probably get him with a half pull too.

So many choices

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
gently caress I really wanted to pull and then swear a lot when I got bedile'd.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Got another 3 metal gods today for a sweet 16k orbs. Stocked up on some more 6* materials and bought the last tablet just because. The 15% hp and mag can suck it.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Cartoon Man posted:

I didn't even notice the new trial was up and it's 30 NRG to enter. I just burned all my NRG elsewhere too... :geno:

Same. Been doing some vortex runs on my Bartz. He's only level 20 6* now and he's about to crest 300atk. He might end up being a decent bruiser.

Only lovely thing is now I need 2 more hero rings since they'll be better than his current hyper wrists.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
I just wasted so many elixirs on the trial only to suddenly get gibbed with two appendages left. Do they get stronger as time goes on?

Like why the gently caress can it one shot my Elza and CoD.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

AegisP posted:

Did you kill the main body before the appendages? If it dies before the rest, they wipe your team.

Nope. Worked my way from top right down.

I felt like I was barely doing any damage to it. Should I bring in a caster?

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Voodoo posted:

Pro Tip:

If you run down either side of the bridge in the FF5 event, you will skip a large majority of the fights.

Quoting this because holy poo poo that's hilarious.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
So the new spear from this event: is it worth using over the Halloween one?

It's lower attack but the double attack thing isn't quite clear how useful it would be.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
So seeing as how we are getting nerfs in global (no double hand stacking) are the trials going to be tuned accordingly?

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Palleon posted:

I'm really struggling with second round Gilgamesh, anyone have any advice? I'm running CoD/Light/Agrias/Lenna/Tellah, should I pull out Tellah for Dracu Lasswell for more survivability? I just can't hurt him before I get worn down and people start dropping, then it's over.

I'm making a run now with a friend Cecil so we'll see if that helps.

Best I can say is avoid as many fights leading up to him, dispel his buffs when he applies them and just burst him down.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

rabidsquid posted:

you have to make sure to reapply full break every round. yeah dispel his buff when he casts it. also i feel like omniveil was a thing i used in that fight?

I didn't find any value in it. Most of his damage seemed to be physical. His jump is usually what would kill a unit.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
I've drawn 2 Gold ExDeaths in the last few days, but leveling them is loving horrendous. I also have a 6* Bartz that is stuck around level 54.

If they don't give us a better way to level soon it'll probably be the end for me. Every week they release a brand new unit and I can't even level up my prior ones before I pull one of them.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm grinding ADV with Bartz and Exdeath. I don't have the patience for explorations.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
I hate the arena and not being able to burn my orbs is triggering me.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
I can't find the will to even do the daily quests anymore, and it's because I have so many characters to level and no effective way to do it.

Maybe this weekend I'll just mash every cactuar into my ExDeath to 6* him, followed by Bartz, Agrias and then maybe the other 3 ExDeaths I've gotten in the last week.

I haven't stepped into the Arena since the bug last week either. Maybe I'll just finish up my Blood Sword.

I keep holding out for Orlandu so I can make some turbo characters but leveling anything without a special event is just horrible.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Vax posted:

You are not alone bro. We all are thinking the same actually.

I still would like to level a second ExBro. Then I have Bartz and Firion queued up at least. Then I could level a 3rd ExBro or level up the Chorizo I daily pulled on this stupid banner. Or one of the other characters that will probably never ever see max lvl.

The worst part is both Memu and Nox have been randomly hard locking on me for no apparent reason so I can't even effectively grind TM's like I used to be able to.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Vax posted:

Memu 2.8.6 has been nothing but really stable for me. In one week of full nearly 24/7 TM farming I maybe see the Memu locked and not reacting 2 times. I also noticed I can tune this down drastically by rebooting my rig every 12 hours at least. Since I'm doing this I rarely had a lockup. Maybe once in 14 days or so.

I'll have to see how it's running today. I did some updates to various drivers on my system and cleaned up some junk. Windows 10 updates seems to have hosed up a bunch of items on my PC.

May end up doing a full reformat this weekend just to clean out the cobwebs.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

The Happy Hyperbole posted:

I finally got around to editting my in-game message to have the standard SA alert. My lightning isn't the best, since I am mostly coasting on insane luck, but y'all are welcome to use her anyways: 734296609

I even added ten more friend slots just for you guys.

I actually just pulled CoD today, who will probably be better than Decil until his enhancements come through. I haven't gotten around to farming a barrage to make him useable. But, right now I am working on awakening Refia and Exdeath to 6*. At least with the Lightning bonus kicking in I can farm some gearsssssss

send help

Just some suggestions:

Craft some Hero Rings
Craft a Tiger Helm
Craft a Black Belt
Get the Enhancer

That should easily push you over 500 ATK

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Inkel posted:

Has anyone ever run into this problem? I reinstalled Memu 2.8.6 so that I could run scripts reliably again, but now the scripts folder is completely empty and no amount of me recording operations will create a .mir file so that I can paste in the TM scripts from reddit. I've completely wiped and reinstalled Memu multiple times and nothing seems to get the scripts folder to populate.

I've also tried pasting in the scripts files from my laptop which was never updated to 2.9, but my desktop Memu won't recognize it.

As weird as this sounds can you confirm the actual directory your Memu is running from? Mine installed to funky places (E:/) so you may have 2 installs without knowing it.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

rio posted:

Any advice where to get gil and lots of it? I got 35 gigantuars from gears and realized, poo poo I don't have any gil. Should I be getting it in the vortex or is there a better way?

If you have a bunch of friend points, maybe do some 10 pulls, mash some of them together and sell them at max level? You can get a decent amount per max level 2*.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
1.8% away from an excalibur and the only person who can really use it is Butz.

I should probably max him out.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

MohShuvuu posted:

my first rainbow was golbez :negative:

At least it wasn't Rakshaka.

I can't wait until they bump Bedile to 5* just to gently caress with Rainbow Crystals.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

rabidsquid posted:

that was my only 5* pull :saddowns:

May it rain Orlandu's in your future.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Before I burn 35 energy on the trial, is there any strat/gimmick I should look out for?

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Of course they buff the event so now it's actually a toss up between Farming Cactuars or Farming Gears.

Gumi, you assholes.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I got Snow and Hope and Fang from tickets. Now if only I could actually beat Hanging Edge ELT, this might have been good!! Well I could use a good tank so Snow is good regardless

I've been running 2 Fangs, 1 Saszh and a buddy lightning on Pro.

It's much easier so I can bring 1* units along for the bonus.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

It's there. Sort your units by game for a minute.

You could also sort by Acquired. It should show up right at the top.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Cartoon Man posted:

Gumi wins again. They put Lightning on a poo poo crappy banner and get everybody to spend money chasing her. Then they release a killer banner the next week with the new FF15 character everybody wants cause they like the new game. This upcoming banner sounds almost as good as the FF3 banner was.

Here's Mercedes:
https://exviuswiki.com/Mercedes

:dong:

She looks pretty underwhelming.

Mostly because the best axe in the game currently is only +55 ATK.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
I have 3 Firions right now but I doubt it's worth keeping 3 of them since for him to be really effective he needs to be kitted out in TM's.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
I don't know if the Wiki is getting ranking updates.

There's is a note about finding new people to rate the FF13 characters.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Tagichatn posted:

Magicite? Wrong FF mobile game bud.

No, Magicite is in this game.

It's how you level your Espers.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Hanging edge is still on lol

I thought the new banner started today

I think it runs for a few days longer because of that gong show maintenance last week.

Also the shield from the Charlotte quest I believe can only be equipped by certain characters. I can't put it on Cecil.

Edit: confirmed. Charlotte only shield. Gives her a mass esuna skill though.

m.hache fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Dec 15, 2016

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Holy poo poo how are you supposed to do the 2 headed dragon now.

NinjaD only hits it for 900. My team of 6*s didn't even budge the lifebar.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Ticket got me my 4th fang. That one's on you thread.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Chiz, Miyuki, Firion and Krile.

Got the two TM units I needed. I consider today a win. And now Cheez can replace my Butz

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Cry Havoc posted:

is everyone tm grinding or running the maze

maze is nice but got so many tms to grind.....

Staying in the maze myself until Chiz is 100. The XP to NRG is just so nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Well, I haven't gotten Noctis, but I have gotten every TM character that has eluded me up to this point.

Miyuki
Chiz
Locke
Hayate
Xiao

Now I just need time to TM grind them all :(.

I currently have in the furnace:

Gungnir, Dual Wield, Dual Cast, Save the Queen and Black Cowl.

Been tossing all my moogles into Dual Wield. Not sure what to prioritize after that. Assuming I'm building a TM cache for Orlandu what should go next? I already have an excalibur ready for him. I'm thinking:

1. Black Cowl
2. Save the Queen
3. ?

Is there an order of priority? I do have Maxwell ready to grind out as well.

• Locked thread