Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
I was doing some rerolls today for laughs while waiting for my NRG... looks like I now have an alt account :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I think some people were trying to math out Gale Barrage with a maximum hybrid setup - basically Maxwell's TM, two Ingus TMs, something something Enhancer, something something Brave Suits/Hero Rings, blah blah... I believe the consensus was that with ALL THAT you could have Gale Barrage pull ahead, but if you built straight ATK with TMs, Cyclone Slash would still end up really close or better depending on your setup.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

AegisP posted:

I forgot to mention it also on turn 1 casts Reflect on itself and its Arms. Here's a video if you want to watch someone's 6500 hp units get the poo poo kicked out of them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVQ0sPERRQY

Also it shows how much I really, really want Rikku.

Jesus, Rikku is loving ridiculous.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
:getin:

:getin:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I've switched back to Lightning for the trial, she's got 597 atk now on Ifrit (for plant killer) with a plant killer materia. I'll keep her up like that unless I have to change up for the big bridge tomorrow.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

deathbagel posted:

Yea, the 10 Sacred Crystals are worth it to me, got I hate grinding for those. I have terrible luck with them and spent probably 300 in refreshes to get the 15 I needed for Refia.

That's why I bought it, gently caress farming those crystals. It was just enough with the 5 I had already to get Exdeath from 3* to 5*. Worth it.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
So that's where the fucker went...

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

HGH posted:

I don't know who to use these HP pots on. Exdeath? Gilgamesh? Cecil?

I put all mine on Refia.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Langolas posted:

Putting this here for a nice picture I drew up for those of you having AMAZING pulls in Discord. Seems about right, Choo Choo get on that train to bad 11 Pulland! :godwin:

code:
:burnticket::burnticket::burnticket::burnticket::burnticket::burnticket::burnticket::burnticket::burnticket::burnticket::burnticket:
:burnticket::bedile::bedile::bedile::bedile::bedile::burnticket::burnticket::burnticket::bedile::burnticket:
:burnticket::burnticket::burnticket::burnticket::burnticket::bedile::burnticket::burnticket::burnticket::bedile::burnticket:
:burnticket::burnticket::burnticket::burnticket::burnticket::bedile::burnticket::burnticket::burnticket::bedile::burnticket:
:burnticket::bedile::bedile::bedile::bedile::bedile::bedile::bedile::bedile::bedile::burnticket:
:burnticket::bedile::burnticket::burnticket::burnticket::bedile::burnticket::burnticket::burnticket::burnticket::burnticket:
:burnticket::bedile::burnticket::burnticket::burnticket::bedile::burnticket::burnticket::burnticket::burnticket::burnticket:
:burnticket::bedile::burnticket::burnticket::burnticket::bedile::bedile::bedile::bedile::bedile::burnticket:
:burnticket::burnticket::burnticket::burnticket::burnticket::burnticket::burnticket::burnticket::burnticket::burnticket::burnticket:

:laffo:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Or the character so insignificant that even people who have beaten the game several times couldn't necessarily remember:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
For those of y'all who don't know (I *think* it's in the OP?) a lot of us hang out in Discord these days. Don't worry, it's chat only - you won't have to hear any of our horrible goony voices.

Get in here and talk about your Bediles.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Evil Fluffy posted:

As amazing as the Genji Glove is, Gilgamesh really isn't worth chasing IMO.

This may be the last time we ever have a Dual Wield TM on banner.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

McSpankWich posted:

The whales were getting them also though, so presumably no one will complain

Well they might because "a bloo bloo bloo, those f2p players got what I paid money for"

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Every single banner

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Hardbody posted:

wtb attack pots

I hate you

Give me bracers

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Tengames posted:

thats my bet. I would not suggest spending any summon tickets on this banner until the 2nd week, if you really want to at all.

gently caress that, I want Snow's TM. Hopefully 2 of them.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
No Vanille, but I got Snows. Yay. This will make up for never getting Gaffgarion. TM FARM AHOY.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
This event is bad. No one's arguing that, but it's nowhere near Gravity Rod levels of bad. I mean, seriously guys. We've seen worse.

Also, please don't switch your friend units to Sazh. He's dropping like candy. If anything, what people need is your strongest unit to help them clear the event with one or two damage characters and a team full of their own Sazh's.

That said, my Lightning is now at 719 ATK and will be improving once I get these Snow belts. Feel free to destroy poo poo with her. (share your good units, dudes)

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Blue---no, gold daily... hey this could be--nope, Maria :v:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Tagichatn posted:

Are you really going to farm 4 TMs for one character?

Are you kidding? I farmed 7 just for Lightning.

(and I have two more on the way for her)

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Well, we're getting cactuar dunes this weekend :v:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Dana Crysalis posted:

Daily Pull: Vanille! Huzzah, I was trying for her.

Dragon Trip report: Guys, I seriously encourage you take take my Lightning. I four-rounded the bastard, he got one attack off.

Party - Lightning, CoD, Refia, Cecil, Fenrir's Lightning
Round 1: Failed to Aura Ball (I guess he's immune), Embolden, Cheer, autoattacks of doom. Did enough damage to cause him to trigger Boost.
Round 2: Tried Deprotect (also failed), autoattacks. Tanked through Release (did about 3000 damage to everyone)
Round 3: Comeback, Dualcast Curajas, Sacred Guard, Autoattacks. Triggered his Boost again.
Round 4. Autoattacks, he dead yo, Grand Helm get.

I used your Light and had the exact same fight.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

The man called M posted:

Considering who's on the banner tomorrow, why the hell is everyone wasting their tickets right now?:crossarms:

Gilgamesh.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Hey, put your Lightnings on Ifrit, folks. Still seeing a lot of Diablos... great for arena, but that should be set up as a different team. He's not gonna help you at all with the event or the new trials.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Got Hope off the daily, decided to try my luck with a ticket...

YESSSSSSSSS :getin:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Vax posted:

Are the Knuckles really that important? Kinda meh TM no?

Amazing TM if you have Snow's to go with it and Bartz, or eventually 6* Firion.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Vax posted:

I actually have Firion but not Snow. Also Orlandu will probably be there when Firion gets his 6*. So yeah....

Whatever bullshit magic I had that summoned 5* bases has died, so I've already accepted that I won't get Orlandu just like I didn't get Gilgamesh or Elza. But Firion I have, and I've got a small army of TMs that I should have ready for him when he awakens.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Vax posted:

Dont kid yourself, you lucky bastard will pull him on your first daily and a second one on an 11 pull most likely.

People said that about Luneth, Greg and Elza and welp :v:

That said, even if I don't get Thunder God Cid, I'll be alright with this here swole as gently caress pinku waifu:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

PaybackJack posted:

For someone who isn't a whale it's awfully suspicious that you have two TMs from a base *4, within a week and a half of release. I've been dropped a few lapis refreshes a day since Snow came out and my Zidane is only at like 45%.

I guess you found a new job and got paid eh?

I got a Google Play gift card as an early xmas gift, and used it to get a bunch of lapis while the black friday sale was going on. Then I did a shitload of TM grinding :getin:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

KataraniSword posted:

So the appropriate gang tag would be Bediles and "Failed Whales", then? :v:

Haha, I'd be down with that.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
So I farmed a bunch of lapis today doing missions, and got the 300 lapis thingy... so I had a daily pull and 3 total tickets (one was a leftover)

Krile'd for my daily

Tickets:
Hope #3
Chizuru #5
Miyuki #6

...I can farm another 500 lapis tomorrow on missions, gently caress it, burn it all...

*buys some cup noodles*

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Vax posted:

I do not believe anything you say boy. You must be several hundred if not thousand dollars in with all the 5* bases you pull regularly. This can happen once or twice maybe but not on this regular basis. I just hope for you that you wont regret spending this much on a game later on. Happy for you anyway.

About $275, give or take, if you count the two gift cards I was given for christmas (one of which came a month early, hence my black friday whaling). I'd add 47.99 to that picking up this xmas banner if I could afford it, but sadly I can't.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Tagichatn posted:

Two knuckles doesn't give the knuckle bonus twice though. That's why Firion needs dual wield cause you're losing out on that second atk bonus.

The idea is Blade Master, Sakurafubuki, Kaiser Knuckles and two Champion Belts.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Aaaaaaaaaand Bediled :v:

...then I burned a ticket, because gently caress it

Not sure if I'll use her but she's kinda adorable.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Evil Fluffy posted:

I have her at 6* and in the 70s after feeding her the 30 gigantaurs but honestly without any sort of cheer/focus buff or raise she's really only going to be useful as a tanky secondary healer. But Cecil can already do that he just lacks esuna. I'm very torn on her because her counter stuff is cool but ultimately she's of very questionable use due to lacking the ability to be a full on healer.

Yeah, I don't really see myself using her. Especially not when I have Cecil and a Refia stuffed full with HP/DEF pots. If anything I was just happy to roll her because the sprite is cute.

Also, y'all talking about multiple Tellahs might wanna reconsider torching them - if we ever get 6* Tilith you might want some of that MP from his TM.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
2 slots left if you need a friend:

Make sure you have something goony in your username or greeting or I'll toss it.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Hardbody posted:

This christmas banner is garbage, if you dont want to pull anymore on Noctis, just save them.

gently caress that, burn tickets all day erryday.

Also, I'm insane :v:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Cao Ni Ma posted:

After seeing your noctis personally, yes I agree. You are insane.

I'm not even the biggest boy on this block, you should see some of the goons on the doc (add the goons on the doc.)

btw, everyone should be using the doc

Also, more people should join the discord

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

m.hache posted:

Fenrir,

Twice your noctis has eaten it on the first round of ELT Froster. Just bad luck I suppose. The ifrit makes him vulnerable to his blizzagas.

Still packs a whollop though.

I honestly had forgotten he was still on Ifrit, it was for a bit of testing. He's back on Diablos now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Hardbody posted:

I pulled another Kefka from my daily today, they no longer fit on the screen:

You could start your own circus with all those clowns.

• Locked thread