Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

SereneCrimson posted:

Well, if you bitch loudly enough, I guess someone answers.

It isn't Noct, like I really wanted. But my first base 5* is still a big relief.

That's a REALLY good pull.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

PaybackJack posted:

One thing to consider is that if you aren't TM grinding then you'll lack the good katanas to make having blade mastery worthwhile.

Murasame and Chijiraiden are fine but you'd be better off grinding a TM weapon instead of a third BM.

Doing some quick math, which I'm sure I'm doing wrong says to me

Blade Mastery for a 150 ATK unit = 75 Atk
Osfune = 35 Atk
=
110 ATK

Excalibur = 120 ATK
Atk 10% for a 150 ATK unit = 15 ATK
=
135 ATK

So unless you've got a Miyuki also in the works, there isn't currently enough Katana support to justify a third BM.

# of Mikyuki you have + 2 - 1 if you didn't get Chijiraiden.

Eventually we'll get the Gilgamesh trial, and I believe it gives a good katana. Possibly even better than Sakurafubuki.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

AegisP posted:

I'm, uh, going to assume Cup Noodles in the google doc list is referring to Noctis?

Yep

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9PN8pzSn2Q&t=7s

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Go RV! posted:

To be fair, I would hold a similar amount of disdain for anyone who makes a steak well done.

Ugh. triggered. Well done steak is just a euphemism for "throwing away perfectly good meat"

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Niton posted:

Am I really one of the only people who simply thinks it's neat, and not an outrage in the slightest? JP FFBE has literally hundreds of BE original (or non-FF) units at this point, and most of them suck thematically. At least Ariana looks neat.

I really didn't care at all until reddit started acting like the sky cracked open, fire rained from the heavens and the oceans turned to blood. Now I think it's wonderful :allears:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
THAR SHE BLOWS

Dark Fina is coming.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I want a team of Ariana Grande, Taylor Swift, Beyonce, Lorde and Baby Spice.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Cartoon Man posted:

I don't know why we are all surprised, she's already got the whole FF belts and zippers thing down pat.

:laffo:

I guarantee you that girl has posters of Lightning on her wall

Also, dear god she's tiny. She could dive into a teacup.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Rigel posted:

Spent 15 summon tickets and then did an 11 summon with the crystals i had lying around. No Dark Fina. gently caress it, I'm out on that banner, I got Noctis last month so I cant complain.

Same. I didn't have that many tickets but I burned what I had and did an 11 with the lapis I had farmed. It was a good 11, but no Dark Fina. C'est la vie.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Miyuki hiding behind her cloak

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Pokemaster #421 posted:

Haha even the people who update the wiki agree. They just put "Hugs a chocobo when you win and melts your heart" under Refias unit description on the rankings page. Made me chuckle. I'm always a fan when people add dumb little things like that

My favorite is still Shadow:

*Can easily escape battle
*Which allows you to summon better units

There also used to be a bit on Tellah's page about how casting Meteor won't kill him in this game.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Skyridge posted:

Well I'm stumped.

What the... I can't even :psyduck:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Hardbody posted:

Oh my sweet summer child:

My whale friend RobotDA. Unfortunately I lack Brave Suit or my Noodles would be the same.

Exact same setup one of my whale friends on twitch has. Funny thing is, when I friended him, all he had was a 450 CoD.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Benthalus posted:

Looks like I can join the ranks of the big boys. I still have a few more TMRs to grind out for him (Infernal Armlet, Champion's Belt, Goddess's Protection), some stat pots to add, and he'll never reach a perfect whale-level loudout, but for the total of $54 I've spent on this game and no more in the future, I'm pretty happy.

Then I go into the arena and promptly see this:

I sure hope that whale gets more satisfaction out of redundant pixelated images than, I don't know, a vacation in the Maldives, or a weekend of hookers and blow.

And yes, I am intentionally hiding my Noctis amongst the Void, what of it?

Yet another time I go to add a goon and you are already my friend :v:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Hahahahaha. Daily pull was Elle then I saw we got a ticket for the daily reward.

RAINBOW!

Look what popped out :laffo:

That's my seventh Miyuki :v:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

deathbagel posted:

I honestly wouldn't be angry at a rainbow Miyuki. I have 4 Blade Masteries and only 1 Shakirabufuki. No, no... I get rainbow Kuja and Celes.

I already have 3 Sakurafubukis and these miyukis are starting to pile up. You know what I'd have liked? A rainbow Zidane.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

aherdofpenguins posted:

If you macro I believe the expensive priced trust moogle is literally never worth it, as the nrg spent getting it would give you way more % just doing earth shrine over and over.

This heavily depends on whether or not the event has other worthwhile stuff. Some events have given good drops (sacred crystals, megacites) or VERY high rank and unit xp. Buying the moogle at that point is just a byproduct of farming the event for what it has. Orbonne and week 2 of the FF13 gears were particularly good in that regard.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Got a Vanille for daily, then the new event dropped a ticket at BGN...

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Pokemaster #421 posted:

Welp got a rainbow today. 5 star loving hayate. I hate this loving game

Hey it's the big brother of the 5* Miyuki I pulled last week :v:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Didn't get Olive but I got GILGAMESH and two Shines, so I'm a happy camper.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Kegslayer posted:

I've been out of the loop for a while but what's the consensus with the free 10+1 pulls? Should I be just doing it now or waiting to see if another batch comes before the period ends?

If you farm TMs now is as good a time as any. Shine's TM is great.

And nope, still haven't seen a Noctis from a freebie 11. I got a Gilgamesh on it though, so there's good poo poo there.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
This guy pulled Noctis on his free 11 at the start of the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI8Efs6EGLE

Case closed.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I kill stuff. I have spots, feel free to add.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
That should be considered cheating :colbert:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Varance posted:

If you don't have a lot of 6* characters, I highly recommend buying out the stock of "cheap" 160 currency 6* awakening mats and Metal Cactuars toward the end of currency events, once you've got the really good stuff.

Having the flexibility of a large 6* lineup is important in the grand scheme of things, and will make gimmick counters easier to deal with. Aside from Ace and Emperor, nothing in the below image is exceedingly rare:

I want your cupid arty... I burned almost all my tickets trying to get him. Instead I got 4 cupid lunas and Marie :laffo:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
How do you even manage to 6* max out Noctis/Olive/Emperor/Dark Fina/Cecil without getting a lot higher than rank 36

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Guys. For real. Put a jeweled ring or ribbon on your share unit unless it's someone like olive with innate paralysis immunity. It's paramount for this event.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
47 pulls and now I'm out of lapis but who cares:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
For those like me who don't have Y'shtola yet (like me), I have Orlandu on Ifrit. Wish more people did.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Cartoon Man posted:

Sorry, I need Bladeblitz for when chocobos show up.

Does Bladeblitz one-shot them? I thought it wouldn't with the red ones.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

CyberLord XP posted:

Bullshit, no one believes there's a character you don't have yet.

Demon Rain, Dracula Lasswell, Elza, WK Noel, Dark Fina, Randi, Yun, Cupid Artemios, Queen, Y'shtola.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Mar 27, 2017

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Peachfart posted:

Not that I'm attacking you, but that is a bunch of limited time units, and only 2(two) 5* bases that you don't have.
You are lucky.

I've been *incredibly* lucky. Especially in the last month or so.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Cartoon Man posted:

There's some jerk's Orlandu who ends up with 44 mana on turn five. I cuss every time. :argh:

Why are you spamming DR? With your swole rear end Cid, chaining Lightning Stab with another Cid will kill everything. You might need to chain DR for the last boss if your friend unit only has like 400 ATK, but that's the only time you'll need it.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, gently caress those 1% moogles.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Cry Havoc posted:

also what's everyone's total/consecutive login days at? mine is 272 for both

266 total, but my consecutive streak was broken at 216... the day I got my new job. I'd say it was worth it.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Evil Fluffy posted:

I'd love to take those Freyvia moogles off your hands for you. :(

I have 11 I'd gladly give you.

Cartoon Man posted:

Ok I put it back. And the next time someone asks me change it I'm putting up my freshly pulled 3 star level 1 Bedile with the Excalipoor equipped.

Gonna show that stupid Fryevia how a real hybrid damage unit rolls.

gently caress her and gently caress Bedile, the Prince of Hybrids Noodles still reigns supreme.

(3 spots open as of this post)

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Apr 8, 2017

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

hagie posted:

Also does current content stop at the Magic Library? I have the bouncing NEXT on top of it and cannot for the life of me figure out how to get it to gently caress off.

Yep. That happens every time. That's where the next block of content will start.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Dana Crysalis posted:

I am trying to decide if I want to regear Lightning for Damage, and make Noctis the dodge-person.

Noctis 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Kiyomori +79ATK +10%Evade
Left Hand: Swordbreaker +43ATK+5%Evasion
Head: Black Cowl +28ATK+25DEF+25SPR+100%Sleep
Body: Brave Suit +51DEF+15%ATK+15%MAG
Accessory 1: Twenty-sided Die +20%CriticalRate/Evasion
Accessory 2: Ring of the Lucii +3MAG+3SPR+25%Evasion/Counter
Ability 1: Dual Wield Equip two single handed weapons
Ability 2: Discernment +100% All Status Resistance
Ability 3: Quick Assault +30% ATK +10%Evasion
Ability 4: Quick Assault +30% ATK +10%Evasion
Pot Stats: HP: 450 MP: 75 ATK: 30 DEF: 30 MAG: 30 SPR: 30
Esper: Odin HP:5450 MP:3955 ATK:6250 DEF:4310 MAG:2075 SPR:2270
Total Stats: HP: 4969 MP: 325 ATK: 616 DEF: 291 MAG: 266 SPR: 216

There's just something in me that makes me really sad at seeing a 616 attack Noctis.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Ghostnuke posted:

Thanks dudes! I sent out a bunch of requests.

I think you just got my last friend slot :v:

dangerous.hotdog posted:

WTF, got my first rainbow off the daily pull and...

Holy poo poo.

Niiiiiiiiiiice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

hamsystem posted:

Anyone else seeing an uptick in nelapa/golden bombs? I've seen more today than I've seen all week.

I actually got more yesterday.

• Locked thread