Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

19 million FWONK shares

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Let's all keep talking about inconsistent McLaren chassis naming in a world where Ferrari exist

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
How well is DRS going to work now anyway with the lower, narrower rear wings?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Surely you mean Azerbaijan: Land of Fire?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

They lead the race for about 14 hours and then the car dropped dead on literally the LAST LAP. I don't think they even finished. And then Sky F1 commentators thought it was funny to mock Anthony Davidson who was a driver in that car. One reason on top of a Mount Everest of others why I watch Nothing But Commercials when I could stream Sky online.

Imagine feeling the need to white night for Ant Davidson. I think he is probably just fine being joshed by his mates (who probably expressed their condolences when it happened because he is their friend)

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Theophany posted:

I WANT LUCA BACK. :eng99:

Have we finally found the Luca Badoer fan?

E: :lol: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luca_Badoer#Complete_Formula_One_results :lol:

Tsaedje fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Feb 10, 2017

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Are you actually from Italy or are you an extremely embarrassing American?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Even though I loathe Ferrari I have very little against Luca de Montezemolo and was just a little tickled by the idea of someone being a diehard Luca Badoer fan

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
That which is dead can never die

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Those are 2017 wages, so the answer is undefined as there are 0 points to divide by

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
The dataset is also just dumb because of the including bonuses/excluding bonuses stuff

get gigasperged, pals

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Engines don't have souls

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Liberty will just say "yeah, we agree, isn't it good now Bernie's gone and everything is fixed"

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Sebastien Buemi won comfortably

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Just to play Devil's advocate here: there's often a lot of complaints that technology in F1 lessens the effect of driver skill. This is a concrete way to reward the kind of natural talent fans say they want to see. It's totally unworkable and he's suggesting it because he's annoyed that Rosberg won a World Championship, but I think there's merit to the idea of not being obliged to prop up a less skilled teammate.

Also you guys really need to get a thesaurus because the overuse of the word petulant is getting pretty wearing

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
thesaurus
θɪˈsɔːrəs
noun
a book that lists words in groups of synonyms and related concepts.

hth

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I don't like sharkfins and the swept back rear wing just looks like someone slipped with a skew tool in CAD, but overally it's acceptable. It remains to be seen how good the gold looks on track rather than in a studio. That kind of gold paint often just looks beigey-brown.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I actually started to type a sentence giving that car as the example but decided it was too boring to discuss the livery of the first Force India

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
With BP/Castrol money

These launch events are so desperately dull

Tsaedje fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Feb 21, 2017

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
:lol: that is a baaaaaad car

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Reminds me of the 2009 ING Renault in how clumsy it looks (sorry nickthenorse if you still lurk)

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

wicka posted:

what EVEN

Must be a vanity plate covering some innovation they reckon they've got, otherwise I don't know what the gently caress

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
The weird bargeboard seems to be splitting the flow so some of it goes through a sculpted channel under the sidepod

my own MSpaint interpretation

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

keevo posted:

I actually like the livery ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I thought the cars would be a lot wider with the new regulations. From a lot of angles it looks the same to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1DGhiYX_4g
A surprisingly good video from the official F1 channel showing the differences in the regs.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

EoRaptor posted:

Most of the width seems to have been taken up by the sidepods and floorboard, but the cockpit 'sides' seem to have gotten a bit wider as well, which makes them visually less noticeable. It doesn't even look like the tires are any wider until you focus on the rears.

The scaled up wheels mess with comparisons, plus the "massively increased width" is 10cm each side

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Wow, you are not wrong

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Sharkfin apologists: this is the ultimate consequence

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Should've leant into it and done a full Vimto branded livery

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I just realised *~earthdreams~* was 10 years ago

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Acronyms and using one's poor understanding of fluid dynamics to draw lines on low res photos of cars

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

1500quidporsche posted:

BOLD Prediction: Big John podium

The new regs are going to be brutal on brakes: Haas will be rear end

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Whatever it is, I love it and dub it the T-wing

e:

"The dimensions of it seem to be the width and height of the old 2016 spec rear wing, perhaps exploiting a leftover from the old technical regulations carried over into the ’17 rule book." :lol: if this is true

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

CratSock posted:

- Why does the Merc only have half a shark fin?

The Merc as shown today has more or less as much shark fin as it had last season, and they've been testing an alternative T-wing which would do the same sort of thing as a full shark fin. If their testing has shown the T-wing is shite they'll turn up in Melbourne with a full shark fin.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Dynamite Dog posted:

Wtf. The camera pods are the eyes. That is bullshit

Nostrils at best, do you know nothing about the majestic oriental dragon?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Suspiciously simple floor on the McLaren. Also I count 10 sponsors on there, not including Honda or Pirelli

e: by the way, the reason the fins appear to go upwards at an angle is the rake of the car. Quite easy to see in the side on of the McLaren there

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Norns posted:

Ferrari has good and cool livery.

It's bland and shite and will be until Ferrari go back to a darker red and black

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

1500quidporsche posted:

Isn't there some great myth that all the cars that have had white on them since the Lauda days have been dogs?

Whatever myth that is is proven bollocks by the mighty BGP001

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
If that car said McLaren on the sidepod instead of Haas you'd all be (correctly) saying how loving awful it looks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
That's the Toro Rosso, I presume?

• Locked thread