Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

harperdc posted:

Brno is FIA Grade 2, and I doubt they have the facilities or the cash on hand to make Grade 1.

Just hoping that Rosberg takes the 1 plate Like God Intended for next year.

I lost all hope in the concept of a just and loving god the second Rosberg crossed the finish line at Abu Dhabi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

keevo posted:

Wait so who is the Moral WDC of 2016? I don't think I ever read a definitive answer.

It's always Lewis.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

That loving slimy fraud gets to pretend this was anything other than a fluke. Disgusting.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Also I bet Wehrlein gets the seat so Lewis can be the rightful number one. Also it would be funny symmetry to see Wehrlein take him by surprise and put Hamilton in the position he put Alonso in ten years ago

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Pirate Radar posted:

This... feels right.

Shine on.

For real though next season just got... interesting?

There's another rules shake up next season. The last one ended the Vettelreich so it's not as if there wasn't some speculation.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

DoctorGonzo posted:

Also LOL at you thinking that Mercedes will pick a driver equal or better than Hamilton.

Obviously not, they can't revive Ayrton Senna to let him race alongside his true successor.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MustardFacial posted:

Bring back Kamui.

Seriously though, it should be Alonso. I want to see Hamilton get loving destroyed next year by a clearly superior and more handsome driver.

Lewis was Alonso's equal in his rookie year. Imagine how much better he is as a ten year veteran. Old Man Fred would be humiliated.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

1500quidporsche posted:

If Rossi can still run competitively in MotoGP then there's like zero reason to question Nando's ability to continue.

Sure he can continue, but can he compete with Lewis Hamilton? Two different things.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

julian assflange posted:

Aside from the vacant merc seat, how many others are available?

Both Manors and a Sauber

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

quote:

"Why is it that whenever a seat becomes available Fernando is always mentioned?"

Way to undersell your driver Flavio. I keep forgetting he is still allowed to be associated with this sport. Though I suppose forcing fraud sons of world champions to crash into walls is less of a stain on F1 than handing them world championships.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Williams have rejected an offer from Mercedes to let them have Bottas in exchange for cheaper engines and Pascal Wehrlein.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I'm getting ready to laugh when after a period of negotiation Williams accepts an offer that's been changed from "cheaper engines and Pascal Wehrlein" to "cheaper engines".

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

freeranger posted:

In a world of What If's, who would have been considered the worse champion. Irvine or Massa?

The greatest what if is how many times a race weekend Eddie Jordan would bring up Frentzen winning the championship in a Jordan had he managed it in 99.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I couldn't find the star for the top of my lovely Christmas tree so I had to make do with an angel instead

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

"Become"?
"This generation's"?

What a load of poo poo. The only people who haven't admitted that he's the goat (greatest of all time) are jealous manbabies, bitter racists and Alonso fans.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

El Hefe posted:

McLaren are goddamn garbage and they ruined Alonso's career.

Alonso destroyed his own career when he had a meltdown over being beaten by the Crown Prince (now King) of Formula One, Our Lewis.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

poty posted:

Wow, in Europe you apparently need a permit to drive a car up a hill

Can't wait for article 50

But the F1 regulations only go up to Article 46???

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Tsaedje posted:

Why would anyone bother talking to Horner, it's not like he has anything to do with any decisions made at Red Bull, he's just the guy who talks to the media... endlessly

I can think of a reason

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

ukle posted:

Pirelli is saying what was already guessed - these are the fastest F1 cars ever, and by some margin. Every lap record is going to be smashed this year.

http://racing.pirelli.com/global/en-ww/the-fastest-ever-formula-1-cars

Oh my, I can't wait to see the moaning when every circuit is #blessed with the honour of a Lewis Hamilton lap record.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I'll be damned if I am just going to sit here and let you morons badmouth Bruno like this

If Ayrton was alive, he would have disintegrated Bruno and declared Our Lewis the true heir to the Senna legacy and the eternal moral Formula One champion.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

DoctorGonzo posted:

Send this thread to die on D&D.

At least D&D wouldn't have an issue with Our Lewis making F1 #blessed

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Most F1 drivers are immature as hell though, so it is weird to see Lewis singled out. It's hard to not end up a manchild when you never have to work a real job to support yourself and are raised from a young age believing you are a future Formula One World Champion.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

VelociBacon posted:

I think that's a fair observation to make. I only get frustrated when the media treats Lewis like he isn't throwing a petulant moody tantrum when he is. Just because someone is lucky enough to be in the car that is faster by a huge margin than the other ones doesn't mean you need to treat them with reverence. For drivers with reasonable personalities see Jenson, Perez, Grosjean, etc.

Button was a bit of a knobhead in his younger days though. He got older and most of the middle part of his career probably served as a humbling experience to bring him back down to earth too.

harperdc posted:

I also think everybody hating on Lewis should hold off on their Worst Drivers Off-Track lists until we get more receipts on young Lance Stroll. A kid who's done what he's done with that much money in the family has a pretty high chance of being an untamed little shitgibbon in interviews.

I'm fully expecting to despise him more than any F1 driver since Max loving Chilton.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Lance is Pants

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

learnincurve posted:

There is not a cats chance in Hell we won't see lewis as champion in 2017.

And it will be the best thing that happens in 2017.

1500quidporsche posted:

loving :lol: apparently Red Bull has blocked me from seeing their Twitter.

What did you say to prompt that lmao?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Kilmers Elbow posted:

I'm getting tired of hearing the caveat "But remember, pre-season testing times are notoriously unreliable!".

Mmmmm.

Are they?

Are they really?

How many people do you reckon talked themselves out of sticking a bet on Button when he was like 60/1 and the Brawn started putting in mega lap times in preseason testing with that line of thinking? I did.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

wicka posted:

Yeah that has nothing to do with Hamilton leaving lol

And I'm sure Mercedes suddenly becoming title contenders had nothing to do with Our Lewis either :rolleyes:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

You guys will come up with any excuse to talk down Lewis. Nico was nowhere in 2014 and 2015, it wasn't until 2016 that Our Lewis managed to develop a car so #blessed that even Nico Rosberg could win a world championship in it.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I am sure it's just a coincidence that Lewis's arrival at F1 teams signals an uptick in their fortunes while this thread's perfect prince Fernando Alonso always serves as a harbinger of terrible cars and tears. :rolleyes:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Norns posted:

Hey don't you poo poo talk the world's most beautiful racing car driver.

I'm the one defending Lewis here, mate.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

ImplicitAssembler posted:

Sooo, what about the couple of years before he left McLaren?

hard to concentrate on developing a #blessed car when your teammate is playing mind games by unfollowing you on Twitter and flaunting his good relationship with his dad and girlfriend at every race.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

When I went to Suzuka, you could sit anywhere you wanted with the exception of the stand on the start/finish straight on Friday. It was cool to get pictures of the cars. Nothing really happened up where I was sitting on race day except for a car catching fire. I think it was Jovalainen's poo poo Lotus.

• Locked thread