Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

FirstAidKite posted:

Also, I heard Wonderful Christmastime on the radio earlier.

it begins

frickin strongly dislike that song

loving month and a half of xmas music is gonna turn me into a scrooge mcduck before my time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Captain Invictus posted:

I bet if/when you played Stardew Valley you had anxiety on what to spend your time during the day doing.

yo yes hello

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Quest For Glory II posted:

farming simulator: FOR WOMEN ONLY

I feel rather guilty that without prompting I can never tell whether this sort of thing is sexist or just stupid (ed: yes, or both, sort of felt that was implied, sorry)

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Dec 1, 2016

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I haven't played a single RE since the original release of 4

Somehow I feel I'm better off for that

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

There was a cool German word for when you get really embarrassed/shamed/guilt-ridden for the actions of someone else even (especially) if they have nothing to do with you. Can't remember what it was but I feel that reaallllllyyy keenly so I won't be watching any game award nonsense

(edit) fremdschämen, that's the fucker

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I still haven't played the other DLC for that

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Stux is a mystery wrapped in a riddle wrapped in lovely typing

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I thought he asked Hayter and got turned down

The new guy grew on me but yeah I missed Hayter a lot

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

correct answer is S3&K's Doomsday Zone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FAffWEmB3I

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Am I alone in not being interested in TLG, like, at all

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

it was a trick question i'm always alone

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

hi stux

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Stux posted:

its nothing like overwatch, at all, at a base level

while correct, this doesn't actually matter

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

TastyLemonDrops posted:

Anyone know of any games that have a base building aspect, but not as the core aspect of the game? It doesn't have to be particularly deep. Could be something like the Suikoden series, or Fallout 4.

Darkest Dungeon comes immediately to mind insofar as you purchase upgrades to rebuild the town, though that might be too far in the other direction from your request

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

In Training posted:

The final boss was pretty cool and I'm all done with Doom (2016). Can free up all those gigs to install Nitroplus Blasterz now

install who in the what now

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

lets hang out posted:

hey remember EVO Search for Eden on SNES? It was actually a sequel to a pc98 game that has an english patch coming out sometime soon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ISbJ0k0l0I

Can't see the video 'cos at work but anything to do with EVO Search for Eden is instantly my loving jam

That game was so weird

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Oh my god VR paintball in Rec Room is so much fun you guys

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

In Training posted:

I'm so jelly

I still haven't finished a Shantae game even though in theory they're right up my fuckin' alley

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

hey baby wanna look at my zeltroid

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I feel like playing a platformer of some description

Shall I try to play Risky's Revenge again, skip straight to Pirate's Curse or wait for this new one to come out for general use

or is there some other better game i missed

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Played Ori and loved it! Wanted to play Rabi Ribi but the drat thing crashed horribly so I refunded it, tried it again a month later and still crashed horribly so I refunded it again.

Wonder if it works now and if VALVe would look askance at a third refund if it doesn't :v:

(e) welp guess I didn't refund it last time like I thought I did, I swear my memory's getting spottier. But it doesn't crash, so I can try that instead! Yay!

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Dec 10, 2016

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Well now Rabi-Ribi's clearly just running too fast, like that SR2 frame rate bug. Probably because my monitor's not 60hz, knowing how this sort of thing goes. Grumble, mutter :pcgaming:

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Dec 10, 2016

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I meant to sit down and try Pirate's Curse today but then Path of Exile snuck up on me. Stupid addictive Skinner boxes :arghfist::(

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

d4 all the way

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I'm trying to remember a game that I outright immediately stopped playing when I realized it was silently turning down the difficulty in response to repeated failures on my part, with no option to tell the difficulty adjustment to gently caress off

Probably a few that do this but this one twisted my jibblies especially hard, maybe it was a DMC game

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Never played that one!

Stux posted:

solution: be better at games.

not all of us have your natural inborn skill Stux :smith:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

So what about Pirate's Curse is better than Risky's Revenge

I heard it was better but not why, and I'm not really getting into Risky's for reasons I can't quite identify

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I know it's really the Vaporware Scam Of The Century but, deep down inside, I want Star Citizen to come out and be good and also to have VR support

I need more space escapism :(

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Leper Residue posted:

This and the F1 key consults the wiki mod. Maybe try experimenting with poo poo at first so you get the virgin experience but have that sitting close by ready to install because trying to figure out what's worth keeping and saving and what to give to people or not can get old fast.

Reading this post and seeing that this exists is what finally might get me to install this game

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

you can now shoot mustaches onto slimes in slime rancher

I find myself suddenly wondering about what this game is

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

how does it compare to Momodora 4's

That was a good drat game, I should play that again

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Palpek posted:

I forgot that there's another interesting release in 2017 - there's a new Styx game releasing in March. Good to see that the first one sold well enough to justify a sequel, if they polish this one it could be a new really good stealth series.

First Styx worth playing?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I kind of play Hitman that way despite my best intentions :(

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

MGS5's writing is so bad that it's becoming a chore to complete the game.

I straight up could never play a game that ugly.

I'd have to try pretty hard to notice the one on the left but oy loving vey the one on the right

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I'm wondering suddenly if I'd like Planet Coaster

I remember absolutely loving adoring Theme Park and Sim City 2000 as a kid (much moreso the former than the latter) but I tried Cities Skylines last year and it didn't do it

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Is Starbound good, then?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Good morning chat thread, I've got this er song??? stuck in my head and perhaps now you do too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iHNQzGt0RA

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Hey how far am I from the end of Shantae Pirate's Curse if I just got to prop town

Also fuckin' hell girl I know you're in a WayForward game but just put some clothes on if you're cold

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Pretty close to the end. Another couple of dungeons or so, and a lot of mandatory backtracking of course.

I wish you luck trying to find the last of the dark magic without a guide. It's really really dumb.

Nah that sort of thing triggers an automatic 'head for GameFAQs' response if I can be bothered to Find All The Things at all. Usually I can't :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

yeah if you don't collect the evil magic, you face a lame version of the final boss (which is loving very hard and cool in his real form) and you get a losers ending.

what's the point of no return on this? I just ifnished the abandoned base

• Locked thread