Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
[Well written post, also ubishekels]

fake e: I might buy an elite skin if Ubi manages to put out a patch for once that doesn't break stuff that has already been fixed at some point or introduce bugs like twitch drone damage + crosshair, that should have been spotted if any person would actually have played her before patch goes live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
'no'

https://streamable.com/xkj3
Audio removed due to excessive peeking.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
No matter what the statistical numbers say, in Season 3 I maybie saw a total of two players that werent worth being diamond in my oppinion and everyone worked his rear end off to achieve it. In Season 4, I can roflstomp whole diamond teams.

Bragging rights means nothing this season.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
When you go 20:4 in ranked but you still lose :emo:

Also people that get angry are usually bad players or wont improve, because they cant control their emotions and seem to be bad at adapting and learning from mistakes or just outright will blame someone else for their incompetence.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

Black Griffon posted:

In my case he was really angry that I dared to step into the ranked cathedral while still learning the game. When will I learn to grovel and trash with the foolish mobs of the casual proletariat?

He probably got queued up with you for a reason if it wasnt the first placement match you played.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
When do the 15 dollar accounts go on sale again, I want to buy some.

ItheWelp87 posted:

Hey this is the Rainbow Six: Siege thread, not the Make Penetratingly Accurate Character Assessment thread
Sorry
FIX YOUR GAME HARD! :sparkles:

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

Party Plane Jones posted:

Even with the hidden laser sight change.

Looks like you got tricked into exposing yourself.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

Losing the actual laser beam and only having the dot show up helps.

Its still the biggest noob trap in this game, besides with shotguns ofcourse

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
The old point values to gain a rank need to be reintroduced for next season, I still dont understand why it has been lowered when the wipe was in. Ranked is now one giant soup of silver skill players in platin and diamond.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
I really need something to achieve in this game like a Top500 player region award or something. Maybie be able to get weapon skin for getting 1k kills with a gun.

It's getting really stale by now having no dedicated servers with custom mods, any sort of possibility to create maps or something to achieve.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

Thief posted:

try to enjoy your disco ball bro

I haven't even played it enough the last week to have the disco ball I asked for, half a year ago, due to lack of motivation.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

That mouse sensivity is not even funny anymore. There is so much wrong about that.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
There is nothing to achieve in this game.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
Can attackers see trough the glass from their side?

I am excited for another year of clientside smokes.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
Play the game for 4 rounds, find bug for jackal.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
Best operators released so far, besides valk. Awesome patch! Also bugs, bugs you would expect they fix before going live.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
I would like to talk to the person who was thinking its a good idea to use the exact same soundfiles for switching jackal tool and valk deploying a blackeye cam.

Paradigmata fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Feb 8, 2017

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
It took me way to long to realise that different colored footsteps mean how old they are, not who they are belonging to.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
Oh hey, I got put in 0:3 ranked match. Pretty good.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
Online Interactions Not Rated by the ESRB (Windows PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One)

Gameplay->HUD preferences>Show PC Chat: OFF

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
I think a placeholder audio file just played for the first time.
https://streamable.com/2sh3c

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

Maybe a different language's audio?

Its clearly a computer generated voice.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
At this bug"fixing" rate we will soon have an alpha version deployed.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
Daily reminder that Echo needs some changes

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

AnElegantPeacock posted:

How is echo broken? I never queue against him and none of the dudes I roll with ever play as him.

That was the point. He is garbage and needs changes.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

Cup Runneth Over posted:

You didn't communicate this very clearly with your 2.0 kdr and 1.5 win/loss or what have you but I suppose I should have known it should be much higher with you.

The real thing I wanted to point out with the picture was the 33 minutes.

//I didnt saw that someone pointed it out already

Paradigmata fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Feb 27, 2017

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

Knifegrab posted:

Personally I think a revived person should get up with only 1 health. It makes no sense someone revives with 50 health. They should be given a slight fighting chance but not a 50% reset.

Question: Will a silenced pistol kill one hit to the head?

99.9% yes.

But you still can run into situation where you get a injured + headshot trough objects, also cav pistol without silentstep gives me like all the time headshot + injure over medium/long distances, speak plane.

// That reminded me, I made a recording involving said scenario
https://streamable.com/kb889

Paradigmata fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Feb 27, 2017

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

Griffball posted:

Has Hard fixed his game yet?

No, I can tell by sitting here trying to rejoin a ranked match, but it just says "searching for opponent" instead of connecting me to the game that is already running, while being put in the group that is playing.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
Bought a starter pack just to own a dedicated recruit only account. I hate this game, but I just cant stop buying accounts.

Paradigmata fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Mar 3, 2017

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

Nickname Pending posted:

Is it highly improbable that a level 25 unranked has a win/loss of 1.5 and a k/d of a whopping 4.3? I have seen plats and diamonds with considerably less. I figured it might be a hack or something?

No, that's a diamond smurf that played 6 matches and got terrible players and then stopped playing ranked because he was pissed.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
I am not even surprised anymore that the twitch has her foot clipping trough half of the drone. Its just another example of how people are paid to do this, but not care to actually put some love into it.
"Hey Joe, I guess we used the normal drone as reference for animation instead of the twitch drone, now the foot is clipping trough it"
"Lol who cares, thats what they told us to do and we did it, not my problem anymore, I am not going out of the way now to have the drone animation changed that it stops at the tip of the foot."

Its sad, I really want to buy this, but I cant support this kind of product shipping.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

Nickname Pending posted:

Despite that, the rest of what I see is pretty great. Hell, I didn't even notice the clipping until you said something. Besides, they might change it before release; if not, I'd still get it anyway.

If there is anything to really complain about, it would be consistent bugs and server issues.

Yeah I kind gave up when it comes to Server and Bugs, it clearly went into the wrong direction over the last half year, and until the PTU start to fix their stuff, it wont be better.

But the Elite skins are amazing, and they put alot of effort into it, but WHY STOP AT THE FINISH LINE!?!??! If you create something amazing, why would you stop right then and there before it would be perfect and go like "lol gently caress that". They did amazing jobs before with the elite skins, and now they starting to have this attitude of "dont care, ship it" with this too.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

AnElegantPeacock posted:

Stop questioning why companies ship unfinished products to your door, of which you keep buying items.
No.
Also how is that game related? Stop projecting.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
In return, the bodies will stay warm forever, so you shoot corpses and warn the enemy of your presence.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

quote:

"Beginning in late March, the Technical Test Server will be available for a select group of PC players in the West Europe region. The players that will be invited to this test were selected from the most active players in the Western European region."

I am really surprised its EU and not US.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
I know myself that Asia > EU > US > Slavs, but I have no clue about the amount of professional Siege players in each region. I dont think having good teamplay and 20ms faster reaction time is importent when it comes to try and break game mechanics in a test enviroment. I am pretty sure US players can hump a wall as good as EU ones, so I only considered the amount of potential players provided by the region and never assumed EU has more players than US. Did we ever get numbers on the distribution of people?

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

cinci zoo sniper posted:

You don't even have one yet.
I am european tho.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Slavs play well
¨
Hoh boy....
Slavs are by far the worst regular players in FPS you will encounter on EU servers. Taking Siege as an example, you will only rarely even see a slavs in diamond. I wouldnt even be able to say I have seen/heard more than 5 in total and in Season three I have not seen a single one. I am not joking here. Slavs are the bottom of the barrel when it comes to Skill in first person shooters. Additional taking CSGO as an example, slavs make up at least 90% of the hackers that come on my server, which can be explained due to their complete lack of skill.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Hate to break it, but I'm from Eastern Europe, and in 15 years that I'm playing FPS games, there have always been more well playing Slavs than other Europeans, because every Slav country is a poor shithole where the only thing a young person can do is play videogames all day. I understand the video game racism in Europe and can't be arsed to dissuade you from it, but the ~evidence~ you bring is hardly conclusive, or even factual at all, especially if you are going to claim that cheating is almost exclusive to them.

My oppinion comes from 12 years of active online fps playing including 5 years of professional e-sport and having insight to hacker communities over moderator access to organner, x22 and iniuria, 1 year of anti cheat administration in the ESL and 3 season of chilling in diamond in siege and rarely encounter them with a diamond ranking.
Also here the servers stats of the server I was talking about :
////correct server, the the swiss guy pushing his country is mehttp://stats.usa.fettihit.eu/hlstats.php?mode=countryclans&game=trav&sort=kpd&sortorder=desc

If we really want to talk more about shootman skill distribution in the european hemisphere we probably should take that into IMs, since that is far from Siege related discussion at that point, which got derailed from the Test Servers.

Paradigmata fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Mar 18, 2017

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

Nickname Pending posted:

May receive flak for this, but I genuinely wish they would debuff Glaz. Sure, it should make it easier for me to play him, but I never had much of a problem racking up kills with him before. Now, I'd be surprised to go a match where he didn't show up. And all it takes is for the slightest bit of your character popping out for Glaz to see. It would be one thing if there were other heat sources, but unrealistically, there aren't. Doesn't help that his gun already has insane damage and almost no recoil. He just seems too OP now and I can barely use him anymore without someone rushing to the pick. Let's not even getting started on those smoke grenades.

How would you debuff him besides maybie remove his smoke but give him grenades instead or add heat signatures to every charakter model in the game? His RPM shouldnt really be touched.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
When Ubisoft is to dumb to communicate that you need to have a checkbox enabled on your profile to even be able to get the email for the TTS and they lose 60% of the selected playerbase for it.

Classic

• Locked thread