Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Mr Fronts posted:

Hey, this means I've now posted in two threads on SA.

I'm no longer confined to the insular world of Derek's mega SC thread. I'm branching out! Spreading my wings!

:3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Also posting in new SC thread.

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Carn't remember whom made this in the last thread, but drat :discourse:

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Arf putting in overtime with this sweet oh noes i been doxxed gimmick.

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

It's worse than that. My sources - as of 48hrs ago - told me that SQ42 doesn't even exist as a "game". Just a bunch of bad parts. No vertical slice.

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/809970786941435904

In all honesty that would not suprise me the least, as we've all seen since day 1 it's been all smoke and mirrors.

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

ArcaneLayne posted:

I know ZenMaster said he's on it as well, but I went ahead and backed up the stream as well: https://mega.nz/#!7ZMERIKJ!CFaMnWemVXvclMEFm8RN49Pr36tj9M3wGhjHpax9vpA
Sorry for the flash-video (.flv) format, turns out that's the default in OBS Studio.

thnx commmando o9

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

spacetoaster posted:

Have you uploaded it to youtube yet?

This is the version they had on youtube that i downloaded just prior to it being removed https://yadi.sk/i/QNuW8MEK33uQAw

uploading the copy i recorded via OBS to YouTube atm got another 10 or so minutes before it'll be ready then i'll edit in the link

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

:discourse:

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

:gizz:

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

TheAgent posted:

hello, some of this is prob rehashed

[*]had to cut one or several major characters from SQ42

So Gillian Anderson is def out of the Chris Roberts 2k16 masterpiece AAA fmv movie SQ42.

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

:trumppop: Chrisko Roberto's account finally outed :gary::ccb:

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer
it's the gift that keeps on giving.

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Breetai posted:

They say that the best messages are the heartfelt ones.

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/812718683323793408

:gary:

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

The Titanic posted:

:v:: Hey check out this new iteration of CryEngine Amazon is building on... oh poo poo, here comes Chris. Quick, change your screens to your hat models guys!

:homebrew:: Hey guys... how's that thing coming along with the thing..! Is that Amazon?

:v:: Uh... yeah. AWS console.

:homebrew:: With CryEngine?

:v:: Uh... yeah.

:homebrew:: Does it connect to AWS?

:v:: Yeah, I mean, I think so...

:homebrew:: With network code built in?

:v:: Yesh, but it's

:homebrew:: This is it! This is the answer! This will save us! Amazon already built the scaling network integration! We just spool up more cloud things and they do the mesh!

:v:: it's not quite like

:homebrew:: How did you get access to this??!!!

:v:: I uh, sign up through their webpage for the beta...

:homebrew:: Oh! Beta! And we're in perpetual alpha! It's like, it's like they're partnering with us!

:v:: Well anybody can

:homebrew:: It's a loving partnership! Oh yes! Go tell the engine guys! We're partnering with Amazon! Somebody get Swofford on the phone!! I can't believe it! Amazon wants me! Me!! Amazon! I'm coming, Amazon! I'm coming!

Alright that was hilarious. :roflolmao:

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Sarsapariller posted:

Ahaha removed within hours. Keep on shining CIG, you crazy loving diamonds. Hope nobody archived your poo poo.

Haven't caught up to the thread properly but i i i archered them. :cry: BrB taking a shower to scrub the diiirty Doxer from me.

Star Citizen 3.0 release promises revolutionary features
https://archive.is/6dvf0

Whois Record for PixELemonade.com
https://archive.is/yCc82

I'm Andrew Maher!
https://archive.is/Wadw0

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Mangoose posted:

These are all the jokes I found in this amazing photoshop.

Had a pretty good chuckle didn't even spot the D man peeping through the door. Until i seen this one showing the random easter eggs

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

needs Derek peaking through the window

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

:fap:

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Cranappleberry posted:

Plz do not declaw your cats. It is very painful and cruel. Clip their nails instead.
:hfive:

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Post your speedtest.net speeds

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Let the Concern Trolling begin, the thread has been getting kinda boring as of late, good thing we have those autist from FYAD with there witty zanny posting skills come and spice things back up thus making this thread less boring.

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Trammel posted:

So, was there any explanation for the green / gassing? I didn't see any in here or QCS.

Alternatively, are there any addons/extensions/grease-monkey scripts to get rid of it?

i just added https://forums.somethingawful.com/css/gaschamber.css? to my ABP block filter list

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Abongination posted:

It's april 5th, the forum is still green and I can't figure out the APB manual .css block :sad:

i'm on Chrome but pretty much i just inspected the page grabbed the gaschamber stuff and then right clicked on ABP icon then select options and on the new tab added it to the add own filter and page went back to normal looking.

@@Edit forgot cat taxxe

Mexican walking fish best fish

NVB fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Apr 5, 2017

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer
i'm glad this thread is here, otherwise i'd have to find something else to get my daily lulz from, Star Citizen is the game that keeps on giving.

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Man I'm proud of how we've moved on from thread page number spam

Used to look forward to page no: page spam were we all would just post random stuff. Had a huuuge folder filled with all the different images that had been posted in all the diff star shitizen threads but lost it when the HDD i was storing it on farted one last time and went to the great HDD grave in the dumpster truck when it came garbage collection day.

last time i checked it was like 6gb give or take worth of image goodness.

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

??

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I wouldn't be surprised at all if whoever is handling the financials has also done everything in their power to ensure that Roberts takes the fall.

After all she is the best Accountant since she was a little girl. Off course Roberts is gonna be left holding the proverbial when it hit's the fan while her and the tickler in black drive of into the sunset in there limited edition porche's.

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Zzr posted:

I should write a blog with links of my posts.

let me guess it'll be ready in 2 weeks. :yarg:

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

mrchinchin25 posted:

Star Citizen: Let them loving finish

:moonrio:

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

hmm didn't attach image so try that again

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer
So not sure if i'm thinking this right, really sick atm and consumed large amounts of medications so kinda not with it, but all 1 has to do is just create aton of accounts using 1's own referral thingy buying just the starter package, win the contest get the free trip to USA then once flown back refund all the starter accounts rite ? and CiG will be outta pocket both due to the accounts being refunded and cost of airfare etc etc

Or we can just use Derek's secret referral code and make him the winner, enjoy the immense lolz that will be had when it's revealed he won and CiG paying for he's airfair accomodation etc etc etc then afterwards just refund the starter accounts packages ??

or am i just thinking the wrong way of thought due to the medications

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Any account purchased at this point will have their refund denied under the new TOS, unless you live somewhere where that's not permitted like Australia. In which case sure, drop over $100K on a prank.

I do infact live in Aus. Certainly came in handy when i got my refund along time ago. What with steam getting bent over and dry humped by the law here in Aus. Didn't even get a deny letter from them just sent my refund request and a week or so latter Paypal got my 25+k back

drat didn't even bother calculating how much would need to be spent to rigg the contest for the lulz.

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

spacetoaster posted:

Is it even legal for them to do this? I mean, every other contest has a "no purchase necessary" so company's can't do that.

If the best Sales person in the world since she was a little girl says/thinks it legal then it must be. :shrug:

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

SirPenguin posted:

i tried to maximize the amount of copyrights infringed upon so we can guarantee some legal action

:chanpop:

Sappo569 posted:

I'm not a big fancy lawyer or anything, but how can you participate in the contest without having made a pledge or purchase... you would have had to buy an account originally with which to even be entering into the contest

Ok that confused even me... I'm tired

So $40 minimum and the account can't be refunded right away or they rescind the RP... are people really going to just buy themselves RP by spending $40x2017 ? lol

Just refund the starter accounts after the event has finished and once they have flown you back to your destination. You get a free trip at CiG expense and your money back from the starter accounts, and CiG is left with picking up the bill.

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Kosumo posted:

That's good and amazing, could you tell us why you decided to optout?

$25,000 Is a way load to have put in, it would help us all if you could tell us why you ever put that much in and why you got it back out?

Thanks for you input, you are saving other people money.

Good work.

Basically got caught up in the moment when i read that the person whom made wing commander was making a whole new space sim that was going to be bigger & better then anything done before, and i guess it bought back all the fun times i had bonding with my father when i was a kid playing random puter games or watching sci-fi movies.

Anyhow once more info started being released in the early days and doing much research myself i don't know i just woke up smelt the coffee and realised i needed to refund asap as something clearly wasn't right about the project. And didn't feel comfortable any longer having that kinda $ put in if i was having the doubts i was having, so went with my gut feeling and got my $ back and haven't as yet regretted pulling out from the project.

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

XK posted:

Whoa whoa whoa, hold on. I thought you were just goofing, or I wasn't parsing your post quite right. Were you literally in for $25k?

Yes.

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Madcosby posted:

God drat

Jesus

Did you get your money back

Yes i got refunded a loooooong time ago, pre-streetroller. Aus Comsumer Law is very stronk i knew my rights as a consumer and they knew they had no choice but to honor the return of the $.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Terebus posted:

I just want to make sure im getting whats happening here. These guys are selling themselves signing up so other people get referral points?

Yes