Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Berious posted:

I'd forgotten how annoying those immersion animations are. Let me wait around while my commando tilts his head around as he climbs into the seat. The suddenly your view jumps back to the normal jank.

Totally seamless and not at all infuriating

Yeah but when they switch on VR you'll understand *immediately vomits onto keyboard*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Beet Wagon posted:

True story, streaming SC one time I got drunk enough that the stupid loving head animations actually legit gave me the spins and I almost barfed.

R u okay commando?

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

:argh:

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Beet Wagon posted:

I live. No power or water or internet, but we're good. Also my tree decided it didn't want to be a tree any more:

That's good to hear!

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

toanoradian posted:

Sweet, it's a new, unique permutation of an old meme. Truly it is this kind of fresh reinvention of old ideas that will keep the threads going for 2178 pages more!

this but unironically, except i'll claim it's ironic if anyone asks

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

None of the sort buttons for threads on spectrum actually seem to work, I can't order posts by newest or change the view. How is it this bad?

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Ahaha, 'I'm gonna go to my personal hanger and then blast off into space'

Oh, buddy :(

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mr Fronts posted:

I actually felt sorry for him after ten minutes in The Hangar.

Then I got over it, and wanted him to pledge $15,000 for a Completionist.

I'm still watching him fail to realise you can'ttake off right now. It's delicious and painful at the same time.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Dooguk posted:

Watching a few of your epic vids would have steered him down the right path pgabz

if he wanted to become an angry config-hacking goony goon, sure :argh:

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Daztek posted:

or, don't watch anime, it's bad

:yeah:

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Thoatse posted:

Good VR games: (by no means comprehensive, but these are all good)

Shooters:
Robo Recall -fps wave shooter fighting scary robots, shoot them or beat them with their own limbs you tear off that allows modding
Space Pirate Trainer -fun/casual fast paced wave shooter, cheap and vigorous to play
Onward- tactical shooter a lot of folks make special gunstock things to hold both controllers into a single rifle for immersion/aim
Super Hot VR -holy poo poo how did people even play this in 2d... wave fight game where enemies only move when you do but time is all matrix compressed
Raw Data -be ready to duck and weave in this sci fi shooter

Can confirm Superhot VR is extremely cool and fun and will also make you sweat and your limbs hurt because you never thought video games could feel that much like exercise.
GORN is good and fun also, make sure you've got space around you though or you'll flail the controllers and your hands into walls and objects as the bloodlust overtakes you.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

McGiggins posted:

I mean, I would hazard a guess that the severely important nature of medical programming requires redundancy and code that a 5 year old could read written in essentially long-form English so anyone looking at it and having to work on it knows exactly what the gently caress it does and exactly how the gently caress it does it?

Hahaha

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Check out the coding horrors thread, they have such sights to show you

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

his nibs posted:

Sorry, I moon moon

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Abuminable posted:

The mods don't like activity on their sub. Angry Pacifist shows up and makes the first post in a year, so the mods are already getting cross. A discussion ensues, so saltiness results. Banhammer: activate.

Ahahaha I didn’t even notice it wasn’t his own sub. Man that post is just tragic now

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

:eyepop:

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Lord Stimperor posted:

Oh boy I'm tempted

I had this for at least a year but didn't do anything with it. A wasted opportunity.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Actually come to think of it doing absolutely nothing for a year is extremely on brand for anything SC related

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Lord Stimperor posted:

join me on the dark side

As long as I don't have to be deskeletonized

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

monkeytek posted:

Yes a company struggling to get the basic core elements into a game will now also be able to throw in a laundry list of new tech NO PROBLEM!

They're not struggling they're just keeping the progress to themselves to avoid spoilers and also those core concepts are never before seen new technology invented just for Star Citizen do you even understand games development etc etc