Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6jepuv/chill_out_on_financial_speculation/djdqdya/

There is no :psyduck: large enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

skaboomizzy posted:

Even if this is a $20M loan, aren't they still burning something like $4-5M a month? Factor in that GamesCon and CitizenCon cost them money and they're probably going into mega-crunch time from now until the end of the year in a frantic attempt to show something, ANYTHING that looks like progress...

I still think this is to make things look "normal" until the final December cash grab, then it all folds by March.

It could just be that they have taken out this loan to pay for CitizenCon in the hope for more revenue during and after that event.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

alphabettitouretti posted:

Watching the shitizens try to justify what is very obviously a desperate act from a company that's on the verge of failure is incredible. It suggests that when cig finally implodes we'll be in for some truly hilarious reasoning about why it's actually a good thing from the most brain damaged fans.

They have gathered a lot of valuable experience and SC 2 will be even better!

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

This is actually the storyline for the new movie: The International 2.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/1/thread/re-uk-tax-rebate-advance-for-foundry-42

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Quavers posted:

ConCitizens first wave of tickets sold out in 10 seconds

https://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15961-CitizenCon-Tickets-Announcement

"There will be snack food available for purchase at the venue, though attendees are encouraged to meet up and enjoy a meal together before the event."

"There is a bar at the venue for drinks, as well as snack food (sandwiches, wurst and pizza)."

"Can I bring my own food and drink? No, this is not allowed for the venue – Please stop by one of the traditional German restaurants nearby before the event, or purchase food and drinks at Capitol."

Hahahahaaaaaa
What a loving joke, jesus christ.
It's not that hard to get catering, or just put up a dude, a pot, and let him make a lot of Weißwürste.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Duckaerobics posted:

I think you'll find that those people were actually talking about the content of the 3.x patches and were simply choosing a reminder time around when it was supposed to be released. You have now outed yourself as a liar and a coward who is incapable of having an honest discussion about the game.

You're not very funny imho, can you please :frogout:

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Duckaerobics posted:

Do you often get upset posting in the super serious star citizen thread? On a scale of 1 to 10 how worried are you that the game will be good?

I have little expectations of the game since I don't have any package. I do, however, enjoy to read Something Awful and the funny and cool posts.

And when someone like you comes around with neither the intention of neither being funny nor interesting, I am not very pleased.

So on a scale from a 1 to 10, I am 10 concerned about your garbage posts.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

SelenicMartian posted:

On a scale of 1 to 84 how...

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Beet Wagon posted:

(he's literally quoting reddit superuser Redchris18)

I am not very smart, sorry.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

To be fair, I've been reading these threads for quite some time now, and even shittalked Derek a few times.
The only problem is that I just can't read those reddit posts. I understand that they are a big focus point, but I just shut down when I see another screenshot from r/dereksmart. I am not sure if it just cringe for me but...
:shrug:

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

tane

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Tippis posted:

Omg. You just don't understand fire-fighting.

(Actually, I suspect you do and just use that image to convey an apparent dissonance between image elements. It's just a bit unfair to the fire-fighting profession in general to use this image. They're just having a good time and who seemingly have very good control over the fire they set because like all fire fighters, they're actually pyromaniacs at heart — just very responsible and professional ones. This makes them in every way unsuited for any kind of comparison with CIG).

:colbert:

I can confirm, I am a volunteer firefighter.
A fascination with fire is an absolute standard for it.And sometimes, letting some burn down controlled is way cooler.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

The best moment of this stream for me was "Always look on the bright side of life" was playing in the background.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

When you guys say that SM is more lethal than COD you are being ironic, right? Last time I checked it takes at most 3 bullets to kill a player at center mass, as opposed to the 10 you need in SM.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

The skybox for the guys in the dark and the bright side of the moon are exactly the same.

:allears:

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

I enjoyed that the escape velocity of a planet with roughly 1G is only 40m/s.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Fangrim posted:

My bad.

Wasn't $2,200 - was $2,800 *sigh*

All in all, it amounted to £2,200 which is about $2,800.

£1,500 for the pledge "Be a Jameson", the rest in supporting a novel and a crapton of merchandise.

I did get hundreds of hours of good times out of it though, so money's not completely wasted.

I wanted to support the game of my dreams, but it deviated too far from what I imagined, and ended up feeling too empty, grindy and shallow for my tastes.

God I am so aroused.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Super detailed Sims are only fun when you can learn something that exists in real life. It's the main reason of DCS. You learn how to operate these flying machines to the poiny where you would even feel comfortablr IRL.

It's also the reason why that space DCS indie game failed. You are just pushing random buttons.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Ask and you shall receive.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

tane

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Both of these pictures look so loving generic.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Sabreseven posted:

My Nephew (7 y/o) just made something in Gimp for the thread. :)

Gift him an account, let him post here.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MzzuiQVTDw

Leornard French explains stuff for idiots.
It's good.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_jqiK0_hAU

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

My hero.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

LostMy2010Accnt posted:

This comment I agree with on so many levels. It's why I'm always confused by the endless wave of survival games that have multiple, asinine bars that you have to track in a game. Having to manage meals, water, and sleep while using some esoteric crafting system just drags down the game. I never understood the appeal, like I loved No Man's Sky style, sound, and look, but the survival bits and inventory management is so off putting. Must be a space sim thing.

Survival games are escapism even with the bars.
You would not usually be stranded somewhere and fighting for survival.

Claiming that survival games are no escapism is about as dumb as calling flight sims not escapism because you could just go out and fly a real fighter jet hurrr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Star Citizen will come out before this thread closes.