Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

LCL-Dead posted:

Is this thread still lost and caving in on itself due to people being upset over the new mods?

not as bad as it was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

D_Smart posted:

1. not a valid prediction. we already knew this
  2. not a valid prediction. this was a given
  3. fail
  4. not a valid prediction. this was a given
  5. fail

ice cold :thurman:

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

everything is fine

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

How are they paying all these people :psyduck:

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

i think arfjason thinks he's people

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Star Citizen: It's a fancy cutscene. Don't get your panties twisted.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

HycoCam posted:

Man of Many Aliases is actually Chris Roberts.

Even chris is smarter than moma. And moma's got something chris hasn't: imagination.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

:vince:

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Derek's theatrics led to me learn more about Star Citizen, and subsequently make the decision not to buy in. Which is to say, Derek helped me not make a 40 dollar mistake. I'm guessing I'm not the only one who has benefited from Derek raising Star Citizen's sketchiness profile.

I choose to believe that this positive byproduct of Derek's actions goes a long way to making up for his shenanigans, and I thank him for his service.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Scruffpuff posted:

MOMA doesn't say anything at all unless it relates to a statement Derek made that turns out to be false. He ignores everything Chris Roberts says (since everything he says is false by default), everything CIG says as a company (see above) and pretty much everything else happening right in front of him. In his mind, if Derek is wrong about the type of bacon he had for breakfast, then Star Citizen is coming out and will be good.

I don't think MOMA realizes that Chris Roberts has crashed this train not only in this reality, but in fact in every parallel universe that exists, even those where Derek Smart does not. Chris's ineptitude transcends space and time, and is, ironically, the most interesting thing related to science-fiction that Chris has managed to be involved in.

This is the best post here since late 2015.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Sometimes I have to wait 2-3 minutes for a game of Overwatch :smith:

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

deezy killed it on Twitter today boys

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Nebakenezzer posted:

So guys what have I missed in the last 250 or so pages

Is this game still just as hosed, or *even more hosed* than it was before?

Nothing has changed meaningfully since November 2015 when I learned of Star Citizen's existence.

My understanding is that nothing has changed meaningfully since more like 2013 or 2014, but I wasn't there that early, so I don't know.

That's all.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Now that there's a schedule do we know exactly when the next deadline will be missed? If so, what's the date?

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Sarsapariller posted:

From this, it appears that we've already passed the deadlines for "Shouldered Weapons," "GPU," and "Moons." We'll be passing "Volumetric Fog," "Item 2.0: Quantum," "Solar System Shop Serv," and "Item 2.0: Fuel" by week's end. Now to be fair to them, most of this stuff is intended for release in the June patch. Also to be fair to them, most of this stuff is entirely fictional. Either way, I don't expect we'd see any signs of it (or excuses for why it's not done) until June at the earliest.

Thanks

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

That thing took five minutes in photoshop at most. T-minus five seconds until there's that thing-themed merchandise available for real American yens.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

edit: i quit

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

thatguy posted:

Oh poo poo Derek, that dude is trying to out-blog you. You just gonna take that like a little bitch?

:drat:

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

:wtchris:

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Wait so I thought that was just a refrigerator mocked up to be nerdy, but it's actually just wood? That doesn't do anything?

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

I too am curious about how SQ42 can be dead.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

D_Smart posted:

Dead as it in never coming out as pitched. In fact, my main source is so certain that it has a high risk of never coming out, that they claim it's now just a "show of appearances" for Chris and Sandi.

Oh, latest newsletter. Buy a mystery ship.

http://mailchi.mp/cloudimperiumgames/meet-the-defender-of-the-banu-140369?e=c733d8e2e6

As pitched? I thought it was just supposed to be Wing Commander with graphics and mocap cutscenes. There are teams of instant noodle slurping modders that can put something like that together. Even on Cryengine. Even if they can't use all the mocap for whatever reason, they could still just make the poor man's Panzer Dragoon in space. Even CIG can do that much.

Edit: surely

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

I feel like we haven't heard anything about imagine whatsit and Gollum and Gary Oldman and Gillian Anderson and all that in a long time.

Why don't they talk about that anymore?

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Unicorn derek has a smokin bod

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

So I gather there have been assorted delays since the last time I was paying attention. Last I remember they were hoping for 3.0 in June. Has that changed?

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

alf_pogs posted:

cig is more reliant on whale secretions than the world of dishonored

:drat:

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

So it's now June where's my 3.0

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

It's June where's 3.0

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Hav posted:

Come for the science-fiction, stay for the deviant sex and wrapping up trilogies with literal deus ex machina. Bitter, me? <hollow laughter>

Or if that's not what you're into, the Admiral series by Sean Danker :smith:

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

has anyone said you never go full burn yet

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

:vince: :five:

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

So I remember it was weird when one day it occurred to me that boy, we hadn't heard from Gary Oldman and Gillian and the A-List cast and all that for a long time.

And now the same thing just happened again; what happened to all the shows and streams and those shenanigans? Is that all still going on and the thread doesn't talk about it or can't be bothered to mock it anymore, or has all that quietly faded away like the A-List cast and everything else?

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

MilesK posted:

ATV got merged with the Monthly report, so now each episode is 4 weeks of different studios listing bullet points of buzzwords. 104TC was cancelled so CR could take Ben Lesnick's role in ATV. RTV was replaced with Happy Hour, which was going to be CIG playing their pre alpha, but now it's once every 2 weeks and about whatever.

Thanks amigo

What about that full time SC streamer/rapist guy? Is he still doing his thing?

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

radd posted:

I'm afraid you'll have to be a little more specific so we can narrow it down.

I think he had WTF in his name

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

hot balls man no homo posted:

The great thing about shills though is that they'll keep their mouths shut. Nobody will hire a shill company that will sell you out to the government or to your own customers. They get paid in advance and as long as the check clears you will get pro tier shill services.

Though it doesn't contribute meaningfully to the discourse here, I'm going to throw out the potentially controversial opinion that CIG's shills are not in fact pro tier.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

and derek led his goon army to the gates of cig and derek smote crobos with the blog of truth

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Yeah, soap on a rope :v:

Cultists would never interfere with the inevitable consequence of scammacy.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

It's june is it 3.0 yet

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

spacetoaster posted:

Watch out, wulfknight is on security again.

:stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

it's july now does the avocado toast have 3.0 yet at least