Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Goobs posted:

The Grand Tour had an Aston Martin up against a Dodge Challenger Hellcat and the Aston Martin got half a second better than the Hellcat on a track....it also costs 100,000 british pounds more. I think on a straightaway the Hellcat would of won though..

Don't you mean Galactic Tour :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Samizdata posted:

I will agree to disagree.
gently caress you I'm eating :mad:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

btw, any word on whats happening with A list actors?
I mean, it has been very quiet around their involvement. Are they still even in SQ42 ?

Other than whatever voice work they've done, nothing what they were paid to do will be in the moviegame.

It still cost the same though. :)

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Dementropy posted:

I think we can safely say there are more "MLM elements" to Star Citizen than there are "gameplay elements."

SC is the world's first MLMMMORPG

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

I.N.R.I posted:

Heil Hitler

:mad: Stop that.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
What if your dad is a Jeb Bush-like nebbish? Do you still have to talk to him?

We should just put a sticky on the main forum reminding people to call their parents, as they had the compassion and consideration to care for you when you were born and help you through challenges, changes and difficulties throughout your development.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
OH, AND BY THE WAY

Something for everyone: hangers are what you put clothing on. Hangars are where you put your flair and pictures of spaceships.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Colostomy Bag posted:

Hail the Stimperor.

(from the arts & crafts section) I love this. I love how adoringly they're looking up at him

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I loving love this av, thank you.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Foo Diddley posted:

I am disappointed to learn that sonicautists.com is not a real site

What is the genesis of "Disco Lando"

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
FYAD is to SC thread as Ralp/Spanish Manlove et al were to Doobie's- "I don't see what's so funny about all this. You are all mentally ill" etc ad nauseum. There are worse trolls than not having a sense of humour

It was funnier when FYAD would fill a page with Stone Cold Steve Austin gifs but now there aren't enough active FYAD users to fill a page

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Streetroller posted:

Apparently CIG still haven't learned about companies picking on individuals.

I can't really imagine what's going through their minds with this poo poo.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/361482/a-man-arrested

I'm not sure I understand the point of an intentionally bad PR move and increase in liability.
It's fairly possible to prove that a common person versed in understanding of the controversy of this project would know that Derek is being targeted, no?

He's not a fictional character, nor is the description something I'd consider very parody-like.

Very very dumb move, lol.

Lol Derek Smart is literally the most litigious person in the universe
See you in the 'court!

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

This. This makes me so loving mad.

YOU are like a child in a candy store who just spent $3500 on candy and wants their $3500 worth of candy N-O-W.

Learn some loving patience.

^ (I don't read Reddit/CIG but I assume there's at least one reply like this)

I've watched the first ten minutes of this (still watching) and honestly, this is the sort of thing backers should be watching. It won't change any of our minds but it's an earnest and efficient German asking the real questions.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvzpbpSs9Z4

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

alf_pogs posted:

i thought trump for pres meant more good deals

This is a good deal...

...for Robert Space :grin:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Wait a minute. There's a ship with 1000 crew? Out of those thousand people, how many do you think want to be the one guy flying it? How many people does it need to fly at a minimum? How much real money are you spending to turn into fake money to hire fake people to fly your fake ship?

Jesus Christ, just when I think I've heard it all!

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Chin posted:

CIG must have massive, doomsday level problems in their performance capture, modeling, and animation pipelines.

The doomsday level problem is there is no pipeline. The whole concept of pipelines is ridiculous. Content doesn't flow from nothing, it has to be created. :rolleyes:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
It's beautiful

Get it while it's hot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdQrKas8Vu0
o9

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
o hec whattup

Dear backers: it's time to become get-your-money-back-ers. :grin:

Funny thing is, SA is probably the most welcoming community to people who've gotten refunds vs RSI or Reddit. I have more respect for someone who gets out, at any point, than someone who's going to see it through to the bitter end.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
PU is Persistent Universe. What is PTU?

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Regarding LTI, and actually, the whole ships-for-sale thing: what a loving racket. Listening to the dude on that stream talking about how insurance only covers the hull, and you need separate weapons insurance to cover any add-ons. It's a loving video game! The idea that you could lose something forever that you paid for, and have to pay again to replace it, is just exploitative and unnecessary. What if your base ship is blown up and you just have your human? Do you have to buy in with real money to get a new ship?*

My beef isn't with the backers, it's with the money-grubbing fucks who run the show. Don't give them any more money. In fact, take the money back that you've already given them. Yesterday showed you they don't deserve it, and no matter how disposable that income is for you, you worked too hard to give it to these people to waste. gently caress 'em.

*Star Citizen: the only winning move is not to play

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

MISC stands for Musashi Industrial Starship Concern, or something else like that because gently caress this stupid lore. It's not a placeholder.
Have the Japanese ever named their companies a "concern" irl or is that just an affectation from the Simpsons?

TheLightPurges posted:

Chris Roberts, CEO of Cloud Imperium Games, literally called the website for his games, Star Citizen and SQ42, robertsspaceindustries.com. Hes a giant tool.

RSI= Roberts Space Industries. And its like the Mary Sue of spaceship companies where they have all the cool poo poo.
Lol they invented the hyperdrive in the SC lore universe. What ludicrous self-aggrandisement.

This game will end up being rushed like Sonic '06 because now they'll be scrambling to get a product out- not to secure funding, but to prevent them owing money to backers in the form of refunds in excess of what they have on reserve.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Gene RoddenberryChris Roberts, father of modern scifi

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Kure Naval Museum

Welp, there's another cool thing I missed when I was in Hiroshima.

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Even all of us "Rabid SC haters" don't want people to get hurt. We want them to get their money back before it is gone. The thought that some people have already lost their marriages due to SC, are lying to their SO, are not able to get medical services they need because they believe so strongly in this.... this... I don't know what to call it, it is obviously not a game! This illusion, trick, maybe even fantasy! I think it really makes us sad and upset. We want to see people get well.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg_ZcA1dwu0&t=1454s
This is to showcase that your guy can move around on a moving ship but lol at the Caterpillar just WHIPPING around at full tilt.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I hope people go back and re-watch the "FULL SANDBOX OPEN UNIVERSE" demo from Citizencon 2016 and see how badly they're being conned. I thought anybody could see it wasn't gameplay- but now it should be apparent even to the backers. Shooting the sandworm and being all "eeeeeerrr, probably not a great idea"- he's shooting through the worm without it registering whatsoever! The worm's 'reaction' is scripted.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuDj5v81Nd0&t=6882s
I love the starcitizen_homestead thing clipping in and out of existence and the immediate transition back into the prerecorded pull-away shot. "That's the first time that's ever done that" People aren't sure if to applaud because that's not an ending of any kind. But if that wasn't a giant red flag for people I don't know what else could help them wise up. That was until the livestream the other day.

e: taxxe

Harold Stassen fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Dec 19, 2016

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Raskolnikov posted:

Reminder that Jared used to be a Star Citizen superfan and went by the name "Disco Lando."

lame rear end loving nickname imo

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Who is the president of marketing? They're not doing a very good job.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

And Derek's blog in progress grew by three sizes that day

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

:catstare:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

tooterfish posted:

This is the Star Citizen thread so... yes, of course it will. /waves hands.

Don't forget space pets and location-based damage for them.

With those, you just know CIG is more than happy to take your real money so a fake space veterinarian can heal your injured pet. Or let it suffer and die if you don't want to open your wallet. Your call!

ripptide posted:

Also planetary landings, ability to add a rover module to your ship so you can drive/explore on planets, alien/unknown wreckage and "ruins" on planets

Heh, copying Star Citizen I see :smuggo:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

MeLKoR posted:

Has some goon ever done an analysis of hourly donations over the years, accounting for time zones? I kind of remember something like that. Does anyone remember if there was any pattern that would account for US/EU daytime and time zones where it's mostly empty water? I find it insane that in 5 years there hasn't been a single hour where someone didn't throw money at CIG.

starkebn posted:

I'm pretty sure they're feeding in money from outside sources over time to keep the numbers looking good. Say if they got a million dollar loan they could trickle that into the funding tracker if they cared whether the tracker actually showed how much money they've actually scraped together since the beginning.
These. Both of them.

Truga posted:

I was thinking "that's some pretty awesome thing the players built, in spite of the game not working" but then I remembered there's no way to have more than 1 of those vending machines on the map (until now), because there's only one on the station. No, this is a thing CIG had to do.

So the Caterpillar full of :airquote:"loot":airquote: was a fraud? :ohdear:

All these laughs, had under false pretenses!

Space Arabic? Or those symbols they use to represent Olympic events? :iiam:

TheLightPurges posted:

Its a reference to a RSI post about how they needed to add rape to the game, the "inevitable consequence of piracy"

"It should feel abhorrent to the player" as an excuse for including rape fantasy

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

AlbieQuirky posted:

gently caress, the guy on the right makes Stallman look like George Clooney in terms of style. Who shows up for a professional meeting dressed like that?

At least Crobbers has the excuse that he's modeling the t-shirt so his fanboys will buy it.
I do miss the velour dinner jacket though, he should wear that more.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
The 6665 page SC thread is nothing- the Trump thread in C-SPAM tapped out at 14,088 pages :godwinning:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

TheAgent posted:

• had to cut one or several major characters from SQ42

Not Pusher!!! :negative:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Yes you know my name, it's me, the 390ms ping. Well lemme ask you something. Have you ever deskeletonized, or clipped through the door of your spaceship like I did the last 20 years every Sunday after church?

Have you ever been a member... of a Star Citizen society?

You know better than to try to imitate me,

CUZ I'M THE REAL POACHED WHALE CROBBLER

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

alphabettitouretti posted:

Probate everyone who earnestly responds to the zero effort trolling imo

And anyone who calls their parents- I don't care if it's Hannukah! :sassargh:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Wrecked Angle posted:

In all seriousness if it wasn't for the constant 30gb patches I would probably drop the $45 or whatever on a copy of Star Citizen just to a. See how hosed it is first hand b. provide the thread entertainment showing bugs and dumb stuff and c. grief the poo poo out of any serious 'testers' I could find.

:same:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

alf_pogs posted:

a gun is a cooler thing to have than fake spaceships but i am scared of americans

And me, I'd rather have a parking sensor.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3m-Zu3qgM4&t=84s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

BeefThief posted:

I'm bored so I'm watching the CitizenCON presentation I ignored earlier this year. Is it anywhere near the level of hilarity of the holiday stream?

So far it's been weird sandy and heavy handwavey bullshit and if it's 2 hours of this I'm gonna watch paint dry, or play a PC game instead

There's a scripted, buggy demo that comes at the end, only of interest for its level of scam exposure. The Polaris commercial I found funny unintentionally, tricking people into thinking they're watching a Squaalude 32 preview and then it's just a corny ad for another lame ship :laugh: