Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Good to know the communist level stranglehold on information and people's opinions is still 100% crazy.

I love your community guys. It's so welcoming and allows for so much discussion. You only have to only say positive things. No matter what.

Don't ever spread FUD, of any kind... or have a negative opinion. Or else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

CIG you guys better track this little whiny bitch down and give him some warnings about having a loving opinion that is negative. You better threaten him with repercussions too.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Hey twitter guys... remember back 4 years ago when this was happening on their public forums on stop? That's called a red flag.

So now years later they have not only totally hidden their forums from the public because they can't handle people in a constructive manner, and everything they allow is only designed to ensure they look good to get money.... they are still doing this bad thing.

The red flag era is gone. You guys are just wallowing around in red paint at this point, letting the sloppy flops of your wishful bodies throw red paint on everything while CIG remains behind a glass wall now, watching you and slapping you with long sticks when you get too far out of the paint.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
Minelayer is stupid and dumb.

I hope all the people involved in this charade feel stupid and dumb.

I hope the people buying it feel even more stupid and dumb.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

monkeytek posted:

Holy crap the servers will melt under the weight of deployables like this. Just imagine dumping 20-30 of these lolololololol.

If it were a working game, the other players will just shoot the mines.

Shooting down mines is usually some level in space games. Mining space is the dumbest thing and I hope they feel stupid and dumb about it.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

skeletors_condom posted:

You can also see how SC's UI was influenced by Wing Commander the movie:

Many other things too like the character design, the overall "serious business" tone, the superficiality of the aliens.

This is somewhat of a contrarian take, but IMO Wing Commander (the movie) could have been a lot better if it didn't take itself so seriously. A homage/subtle parody would have been much more enduring. Crobo wouldn't even have to change all that much. Imagine if the infamous bulldozer scene (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9WFw56Mv1w) was done with just a little bit of ironic comedy?

A fusion of WW2 in the pacific and Top Gun set in space when done in a moderately self-depreciating style with a decent dose of self-awareness could have made for a good movie. Maybe not a summer blockbuster, but that's not the end all of cinema.

I would even say I enjoy watching WC as it is. Although I approach it as a corny space b-movie (something along the lines of Stuart Gordon's Space Truckers). I also get a nice kick of nostalgia from seeing Freddie Prinze Jr. and Matthew Lillard (remember Hackers?) and Saffron Burrows (I thought she was super hot when I was growing up and now she is almost 50, how time flies...).

This is literally the only type of science fiction universe Chris is able to wrap his mind around. He's been doing this exact same thing since Wing Commander 1 with the same style of "run down space rebel" atmosphere.

This is the limit of his "wild" imagination.

(Outside of stealing ideas and visuals from movies)

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Hey guys remember that bee ship we just created and are selling? Oh you do? Well remember to buy buy buy it!

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Scruffpuff posted:

Everything but a game with these loving people.

"Legacy offerings" for a game that isn't designed yet. I can't believe how much of a piece of poo poo Chris Roberts is.

Imagine a game that's in development hell so long you can start having legacy stuff before it's even released.

Oh hi Star Citizen! :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Raskolnikov posted:

I made fun of star citizen in 2014 with my pathological vigor. AMA

Same. Vintage here.