Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Drunk Theory posted:

They closed it down and put all their users on the Spectrum.

No poo poo its the most abominable forum thing i've ever seen. It even had upvotes like reddit lololol.

Jeez louise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Im just shocked that they made their forum into such an abomination.

It's the most star citizen thing ever, they copied reddit, the worst format anyone has ever come up with, but they managed to make it all flashy and difficult to navigate and weird.

It is star citizen in its most purified form.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

XK posted:

There's people that play different games on their streams constantly. If you can't play different games, then your viewers aren't watching your stream for you. That brings the question of why are people watching you in the first place?

If you want to be an actual stream personality, you need to be able to play whatever whenever. Sinking your anchor into any one game is a tremendously bad strategy, even if it ends up as the most popular game in the world. That the singular game you chose will be super successful, is a super bad bet, and even if you nail it, you're still tied to one game.

The best streamers are just people who play whatever the gently caress they want and have fun. 8,000 hours of Star Citizen over 3 years is something only an idiot would do.

The question of "why do people watch streamers" could only be answered to my satisfaction using stimperial methods of inquiry.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
In the 90s an Irish chick named Dolores O'Riordan wrote a song about being a Star Citizen backer in 2017.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AA3vXLH8uwE

I'm sure I'm not being rude
But it's just your attitude
It's tearing me aparttttttttttt
It's ruining every dayyyyyyyyyy

And I swore,
I swore I would be true
And Crobberts, SOOOO DID YOUUUUUU
So why were you delaying again??
Is that the way we stand?
Were you LYING ALL THE TIME??
Was it just a game to you?

But I'm innnnnnnnn so deep
You know I'm such a foooooooooooool for you
You've got me wrapped around your fingerrrrrrrrrr
Do you have to let it lingerrrrrrrr?
Do you have to, do you have to, do have to let it lingerrrrrrrrrrrrr?

Ohhhhhh, IIIIIIIIIIII tought the world of you
I thought nothing could go wrong
But I was wronnnnnnnnnnnng, I WAS WRONNNGGGGGG

If you...,
if you could get by
Trying not to lieeeeeeee
Things wouldn't be so confused
And I wouldn't feel so used
But you always really knew
I just WANNA PLEDGE TO YOUUUUUU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
The 4th stimpire should be 4. on the list and there shouldn't be a 3.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Are they giving up on the space thing and just making it a cryengine first person shooter with buggies and ships you fly around like planes or something?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

MinorInconvenience posted:

All joking aside, it points to one of two problems with CIG. Either they have a crap retention rate with current employees (high turnover) or they are still understaffed with qualified employees. Either way, it doesn't bode well for this project.

You realize the whole thing is a big scam to scam people out of money right?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
What is a "holoprojection with secondary viewpoints" ?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Foo Diddley posted:

I'd love to see a breakdown of CIG's finances just to learn how much they spent to have someone monitor our shitposting

155 million dollars

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
What happening in 9 days?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Whats the highlights from the shitshow thing?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Whats the story on the 1k dollar thing is it exactly what it sounds like?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Combat Theory posted:

Concierge Citizens ($1000 and above) are included in the earlier Waves in PTU releases... they are however not included in this PTUs wave 1. Subscribers are tho.

$10 per month beats $1000 you already spent

E: the website says concierge is included, but theres reports from Concierge plebs who did not get their invites yet

Every nickel and every dime counts~

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Lol are they really selling plots of space land now for 100 dollars is it really true?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
is it true they got rid of ben lesnick?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Netflix seems sometimes really quiet and poorly sound mixed imo.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I would rather spend money on space citizen ships than on japanese anime tbh.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

TheAgent posted:

"I'm almost there," Ortwin pants, clutching his hard cock and the right side of his legal pad. "I can't help it."

"Think of your blonde, big-titted ex-wife, Orttie," Jared delicately whispers into his ear. "Wasn't she successful? Didn't she challenge you? Wasn't she one of the only female directors in Hollywood?"

Ortwin relaxes. The sweat on his brow fades, his face calmer, more serene. "Thank you, Jared. Thank you."

"Don't worry, buddy. We'll win this."

Jared glances over at the plaintiff's table.

"Just let me finish!" Derek Smart screams. "Just let me loving finish!"

these are some real good posts ^^^^

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
y'ins need to learn to post more like TheAgent use your imaginations

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
when is that good space cat game the goon was making coming out

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Lol at all the sad sacks ankle-biting Dr Smart in here

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
People who bite Dr Smart's ankles shouldn't be allowed to post in this forum imo.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I think the mods should take a moment to reflect on how all this all started with kewpie and his philosophy.

He promised Dr Smart he would probate anyone he wanted so that he could have an enjoyable posting environment. It should still be that way IMO.

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Mar 16, 2018

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Blue On Blue posted:

If I remember correctly, it was universally panned because the IDEA of a money grubbing multi national private corporate entity (CIG is such a beast now) was using Vet's day charity to piggy back for marketing exposure and ship sales

Basically scummy of scummies

Not even sure they were donating even the full tally, just a small %

But I also don't care enough to check

No it was a shitshow because star citizen has a tonnn of germans and they weren't happy about giving american vets money because of the war.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

AP posted:

There was a lot of that but it's pretty tone deaf to not predict the UN level cluster gently caress that will result. Surprisingly, not everyone is from the US and the obvious solution of just not buying during the sale wasn't an option as the item was limited edition and in-stock.

Probably the birth of the "snowflake" term internally at CIG.

It was especially cool since it was two degenerate motives conflicting.

The "i hate america/how dare they give money to wounded veterans" motive and the "i HAVE to have EVERYTHING in STAR CITIZEN" one.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Blue On Blue posted:

Really surprised derek hasn't been perma'd by now

He has had like 10 second chances with the doxing thing

I mean if he actually contributed breaking news to the thread I could see wanting to keep him around, but he's just rehashed the same crap going on 2 years now

In this, the thread on SA that is least dedicated to rehashing the same crap for 2 years.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Subforum should be renamed Derek Smart Memorial....

RIP Dr. Smart 2015-2018 died as he lived repeatedly doxxing disgusting redditors.

:rip:

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
With Dr. Smart having self-immolated, maybe it's time to rethink his subforum and consider whether this is really the best way for people to spend their lives.

This was his show and now it's over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
It is sad that Dr Smart was unable or unwilling to follow the rules, and at the end of the day he is the one responsible for this outcome, but it is even more sad that this journey must now come to a close. It was already long past its prime, and so all good things must come to an end.

Derek Smart's House of Star Citizen Obsessive Insanity just isn't the same without Derek Smart. Random people being insanely obsessed doesn't have the same draw.

He gave a lot to the community here and many goons were brought around and got large sums of money back as a result of Dr Smart's posting. Equally importantly, it was really funny.

2015-2018 never forget :rip:

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Apr 10, 2018